Final

Without Me... I'm Always With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This fanfic is an idea that I came up with. Any similarities to other fics are purely coincidental.

Based on the songs:

'Hold Me Tight' by BTS

'Promise' by SNSD

Not proof-read

Jungkook followed Jin back to his apartment to get him freshened up. He sat down on the couch as he stared blankly into space. Jin eyed him nervously as he made some soup for him. Jungkook could tell Jin was worried for him. But he didn't want to be a burden to Jin. He is old enough to handle his problems alone.

Jin came out with a bowl of soup and placed it in front of Jungkook. 'Jungkook ah why don't you drink some soup? You'll feel better.' Jungkook eyed the bowl and shook his head. He was about to get up when Jin pulled him down and forced him to finish the soup.

When he was done, Jungkook waited for Jin to go back into the kitchen to clean up. Just as he was about to leave, Jin called out, 'Don't think you can ditch me that easily Jungkook.' Jungkook sighed and went back to the couch. Jin walked back in and sat down beside Jungkook. There was a moment of silence before Jin broke the silence, 'Why are you in such a hurry?'

Jungkook looked down and said, 'I have a date later on and...' Jungkook could see that Jin was devastated heating that. Jungkook knew what the other was thinking. He must think that he was a jerk who easily swayed his heart. But no, that wasn't the reason. Jungkook had actually wanted to leave the girl hanging on the date. The real reason was... there were too many fond memories of him and Taehyung in that house.

Jungkook hastened his steps as he passed a junction and finally reached his building. He walked past the security guard who was dozing off and entered the main lobby where he sat down on the couch and covered his face. His life... he's ruining it... His life is being ruined... and yet no matter how much he wants to blame Taehyung, he will never know the pain of what Jungkook is going through. Jungkook shook the thought out of his head and tried to look 'upbeat' for the date as he walked up into his apartment.

As he was opening his door, he noticed his neighbour Hoseok was watering his plants so he greeted him. Hoseok grinned back and was about to continue mind his own business when he remembered something.

'Hey... what happened to your boyfriend?' Jungkook paused and looked away. 'What do you mean...'

Hoseok scratched his head and started counting, 'The last time I met him was around... what 3 months ago?' Jungkook silently prayed for Hoseok to shut up about Taehyung and wanted to rush in his apartment when what he heard next made him stop.

'He was vomitting and looked sick. He even got sent to the hospital. His friend, the guy with the broad shoulders was crying something about not dying.'

Jungkook stood at that position for the next 5 seconds before running back down the stairs, rushing past the security guard for the third time that day.

What does he mean dying? Taehyung was just fine that day! He's lying... right? Jungkook ran back to Jin's apartment only to see that Jin was leaving. He stopped in his tracks and decided to follow him. Jungkook had no idea where Jin was going... but he had a vague one.

He sure hoped he was wrong.

As Jin was arriving at his destination, Jungkook could feel his legs buckling.

Seoul General Hospital

Jungkook didn't want to think of why Jin was visiting the hospital.

 

He just couldn't.

 

Jin walked into the pure white building and once again, the smell of medicine, depression, anger and misery wrapped around him in the air. He looked at the number of patients there were, the number of them who lost their lives here, the number of those who lost a loved one... maybe the white paint was just a cover for the huge bloody, red stain behind this place.

Jin shook the idea out of his head and went up to the counter, greeting the young nurse, who blushed immediately, and took the visitor pass before going up to meet Taehyung, not knowing of the shadow he has.

Jungkook stared as Jin got off on the 13th floor and ran to the counter. The nurse, again, blushed and greeted him. Jungkook greeted her and requested for Taehyun's room number and visitor pass.

Gosh... you're such an attention seeker...

Jungkook smiled at the thought of what Taehyung would have said which made the nurse flustered, think it was for her. Jungkook took the pass and in his mind, he rolled his eyes,

Why the hell would I smile for you...

Jungkook got off at the 13th floor and looked for Taehyung's room number.

1312... 1313... 1314... 1315!

Just as Jungkook was about to enter, he heard Jin shout.

'What do you mean he went cold?' Jungkook's hand stopped at the handle of the door and decided to place his ear closer to the door to listen better.

'I mean that his body is now in a critical situation. We were hoping that the chemotherapy would work on him, however, the side effects became the bigger problem and now, due to the slowness of the heart rate, Mr Kim has fallen into a comatose state. The heart rate has also cause his body temperature to drop serverely to a degree of 24°C.'

 Jungkook could hear rushed footsteps and quickly hid inside another room to see

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter