Wake up

Birthday Breakfast

Waking up was usually a challenge for Jiyong. The shrill beeping and vibrating of his alarm was like a bird screeching in his ear to GET OUT OF BED NOW. His muscles always protested when he stretched and rolled over. It was a struggle to open his eyes when they felt glued shut; weighed down with the harsh long hours of work. The bed always felt so warm and inviting – tempting him to stay hidden away from the outside world. Although... that temptation could almost be blamed on the fact that Jiyong woke up every morning with a warm body curled around him.

Speaking of which... the familiar lump under the covers wasn't making their usual protesting groans when Jiyong's alarm wasn't turned off immediately. Now that Jiyong woke further into consciousness and remembered to turn off his alarm, he realised that he couldn't actually hear it. His alarm wasn't ringing. Seunghyun wasn't whinging like a five year old over being woken up so early. Seunghyun wasn't even in the bed.

Jiyong gasped as it dawned on him that he overslept for work and sat up with a jolt. The panic bubbling in his chest spread to his limbs and he knew his face would look pale and ashen. His blood refused to slow the harsh pumping and he could hear the pounding heart beat in his ears because there, perched gracefully at the edge of the bed, was his beloved husband.

"Good morning, Mr. Choi Kwon." Those sculptured, full lips curled upwards into his trademark smile. Despite Seunghyun's morning voice sounding nothing but deep and delicious, all this greeting achieved was making Jiyong's blood boil.

"Hyun! Why didn't you wake me?! I'm going to be late for—"

Jiyong's attack was cut short by Seunghyun's mouth pressing against his – but Jiyong was having none of this mischievous kitten's antics. Before Jiyong could shove him away, Seunghyun broke the sudden kiss and nuzzled the side of his face.

"—And happy birthday to you, Yeobo." That deep voiced purred directly into his ear, causing a violent shiver to rip through his entire being, leaving a tingling sensation over his skin.

The moment Jiyong regained control over his body, he shook his head and shifted towards the edge of the mattress. "Yeah thanks, that's just lovely—you wishing me a happy birthday and all but yknow some of us have work to do—"

Jiyong continued his frantic ranting as Seunghyun wrestled him back under the covers, without almost any effort at all. By the end of the whole thing, Jiyong was out of breath and exhausted, effectively trapped inside the toasty blanket cocoon. Seunghyun looked way too proud for Jiyong's liking, that stupid smirk permanently stuck on his lips. His red... soft... teasing lips—NO! Jiyong attempted to smoosh and suffocate Seunghyun under his blanket prison but the sly cat was far too quick for him.

"Ji... baby... I organised for you to have the day off. In fact..." Seunghyun trailed off and rose from the bed turned warzone, leaving Jiyong looking rather frustrated and confused as he wriggled out of his blanket. "You have today... and tomorrow..." Seunghyun disappeared out the door for a moment, only to return with a breakfast tray in his hands. "And the day after that." He finished his announcement with a satisfied grin, placing the tray over Jiyong's lap.

"But, Hyun... then it's the weekend." Jiyong shook his head in confusion, trying very hard to ignore the hot steam from the coffee rising up his nostrils. The smell was like heaven.

"Correct."

Was all Seunghyun said before taking a sip from his cup of coffee before placing a soft kiss to the corner of Jiyong's mouth, swiping his tongue over the slightly parted lips. Now all Jiyong could taste was coffee and Seunghyun. And he wanted more.

"I love you."

"I know you do. Now eat up. Your birthday breakfast is getting cold."