one.

Whipped

“You can do this.” Bobby chanted to himself, much like an incantation, as he proceeded to crack his knuckles while rotating his neck. After his much needed stretch, he brought an apron up to his body, successfully tying its strings around his neck. The simple sight in front of him completely flummoxed him—flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, milk, eggs—if only he had not that many questions. Wasn't all he needed to make chocolate cake flour and chocolate? Apparently not. Isn’t baking soda and baking powder the same thing? Apparently not. Wasn't it chocolate not cocoa cake? Apparently not.
 

Out of frustration, a groan escaped his lips. Bobby refused to call himself whipped but as he told himself: Do it for your girl, Bobby, he started to think otherwise. Bowl in one hand, a whisk in the other, he was ready. “Add flour into the bowl,” He squinted as he read instructions from his phone. “Add sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir until thoroughly mixed.” He did as told. This is too easy, he told himself.
 

Unfortunately for Bobby, there are things called measurements but the poor boy took no notice of the cup and teaspoon measurements. Nothing's ever right if it's too easy. By the time he got to adding milk and eggs, he had no space in his bowl to mix the ingredients. “Uh,” He scratched his head, static on the spot. He was quite positive his only fault was not getting a bowl big enough. He nodded, pleased with his poor excuse. Cautiously, he inserted the whisk into the bowl, but that alone caused its contents to spill onto the granite counters of Sera’s beloved kitchen. , I can clean it later, he thought to himself. Drop by drop, a small puddle of milk along with some flour, cocoa powder, and sugar appeared on the ground from the counter.
 

“Jiwon, I’m home.”
 

Immediately, Bobby’s eyes widened as much as they could—a sight to pay for. “A-already? I thought you'd be home at five.” He responded, trying to mask his apprehensiveness. Despite his endeavor, he failed. He heard a soft chuckle nearing him and panic arose inside him. Normally, he’d melt at the sound of her beautiful voice. It was far more valuable than any music he’d ever make in his entire career and he was sure of that. But for now, he wanted to seal her lips with tape knowing of what will happen next.
 

A piercing gasp was heard and he knew he was done for. “Kim Jiwon!” hollered Sera as the sight in her kitchen greeted her. A puddle on the floor, remains of a used whisk and flour just thrown on the counter; the list goes on. “What did you do!” She continued as a pout of irritation appeared on her lips. All the called boy could do was chuckle, admiring his girlfriend's adorable demeanor. “Don’t laugh! You’re cleaning this all up.” Sera announced emphatically. She crossed her arms on her chest as she puffed out air, her eyes trained on him who was approaching. “I’m going to change,” She turned around to walk to their bedroom but before her legs could pick themselves up, she was pulled back into his chest.
 

“Might as well dirty your clothes if you’re going to change.” Bobby whispered against her ear playfully. After he spoke, she felt his fingers swipe across her cheek, a wet substance dripping down her face soon afterwards.

 


 

- ̗̀ a/n  ̖́- 
thanks so much for making it this far! hope you enjoyed the oneshot, though there could be some improvements. check out my other stories maybe ¿