0.1

Broken Promises

 

[A/N] This entire fic will be in Key's pov.


Hey Jonghyun, its me, Key, do you remember?

Lets go back to those days. Those days that brought us together. It took us weeks, months even for us to be good friends. I remembered how you would tell me the problems you were facing, and how I would overcome it with you.

Yes we were that close, Kim Jonghyun.

I remember the first time we met. You were the first to approach and sit next to me when I was having lunch all alone a few months after school reopened this year. You gave me that dazzling smile of yours and for once, I thought that maybe, just maybe I could have a friend that will stay by my side for the rest of my life. 

Those few months were the best I've had in my entire life. You taught me new things, you taught me how to love life, you cheered me on, you gave me the ability to look at myself in the mirror without feeling afraid.

Your very existence gave me something worth living for everyday. Many of my first times were created with you, they existed because of you.

And that was the time, I realised what love was, because I had already fallen in love with you.

Then everything had to change, that person had to enter your life.  Both of you matched each other so well, both of you seemed to have become the best of friends within that one day. Both of you were inseperable. 

Slowly you started to slip away from me, slowly, I returned back to the darkness I felt since the very first day of school, the feeling of loneliness. 

You stopped telling me your problems, our conversations became very brief, always a "hey" and a "hello" and that was all. The trust between us was as thin as paper. Still, I didn't know how to stop loving you...

I hated that person, the person who stole you away from me, who replaced my position in your heart, he took everything away from me. You posted many many pictures on instagram, all with him and none me.

Everytime he appears, you talk to him non-stop and completely forget about my presence, even if I was just right next to you. Both of you message each other 24/7, even when you two are just right next to each other, the feeling of anger and being left out, it could never have been worse.

Both of us became awkward with each other, and it hurts because I supposedly friended you before he did, spent much more time with you compared to him, and know you more than he did.

It hurts even more that I love you the way no one else ever will.

But nothing could beat the pain I felt when I saw the both of you kissing each other passionately below the oak tree near our school in the middle of the night.

That was also the time I dropped from the cliff which I have been struggling to hold onto, and fell into a dark, endless pit.

It was when I decided: I had enough of these.

I was going to end it.

And I did.

All along, the solution lies right before my very eyes.

It was simply the penknife.