For You

For You

I kept my eyes fixated on the familiar red go-kart car zooming dangerously fast on the race track. Even though it's already my 5th time here, i still feel anxious watching the race. I would always pray in my heart that my boyfriend would be safe throughout the race. To my relief, the race came to an end. I head over to Hoseok's personal garage.
"Yeobo, did you see that?! I came in first place!" he excitedly exclaimed after taking off his helmet. 
"Yah!Why did you drive so fast? I already said, only 50km/h!!" I lightly smacked his chest.
Hoseok pouted, looking at me with pitiful eyes.
"Don't be mad, okay? You know how racing is like..." he took both of my hands and gave them a gentle squeeze.
"Who asked you to race? It's the same as risking your life" I snapped back, but with concern in my heart.
"But i'm racing for you" he replied.
"I didn't ask you to race" I raised a brow.
"You didn't. But my heart just naturally race for you" he smiled a sheepish smile, giving me a wink.
I smiled in defeat, always losing to his cheesy yet romantic lines. I can't seem to stay angry at him for long.
"Yay, my baby smiled~" he sang happily, swinging our hands from side to side.
"L-let's eat, I'm starving" I looked away, hiding my flushed face and changing the topic. Hoseok pinched my cheeks, grinning.
"Okay, waffle. Let me change my clothes first, okay?" he gave me a random peck on the lip before heading off into the changing room.
I chuckled at how lovey-dovey he can be at times. Scratch that. ALL the time. But that part of him made me smile most of the time and I like it. And... did he just call me waffle?
After Hoseok has changed from his racing suit to his casual clothes, we headed to his car and drove off to get dinner.
"Oppa, remember to-"
"Remember to drive at a maximum speed of 50km/h? Yes maám!" he finished off the sentence for me.
"Glad you know it already" I gave a proud smile, impressed that he could almost read my mind.
"I always remember what you said about driving. It's just that I couldn't carry it out when I'm racing. So, I will drive at a safe speed when driving in a normal car" he beamed.
"Okay, Mr J-Hope" I teasingly called him by his racing name.
Hoseok pulled off at our destination and we went in the restaurant where we already made a reservation for two. My friends had complimented this restaurant for their good food and good service. Hoseok and I enjoyed our dinner there, chatting about random stuffs. After dinner, we decided to visit the funfair nearby. Since the night is still young, there are a fair bit of a crowd walking around the funfair like us.
"Yeobo, do you want some cotton candy?" Hoseok questioned, pointing at the cotton candy machine at one of the stalls.
"I'm still full... How about we ride the ferries wheel?" I brightened up at the sight of the ride.
"Okay. Anything for you, waffle" Hoseok grabbed my hand, heading to the ride.
He paid for the two of us and we hopped onto one of the carriage. I squealed when the ferries wheel started moving, feeling my inner childishness coming to live. Hoseok wrapped an arm around my waist when we escalated upwards.
"Aigoo~ J-Hope is afraid of heights" I once again using his racing name.
"Yah, I'm not afraid okay. I just want to protect you if we fall" he came up with a lame excuse, making me laugh.
"Really? You're going to hold onto me if we fall?" I questioned, doubting that he will do so considering that he is scared of heights.
"Of course. I'll make sure you don't have a single scratch if we fall" he added, kissing me on the forehead and hugging me with both hands this time.
I felt heat rushing to my cheek. His warm embrace never fails to make me feel at ease.
"Do you believe me now?"  he asked. His lips still touching lightly on my forehead, not letting go of the hug.
I know that he is holding onto me because he is afraid of heights. But when our carriage was turned to the bottom, he still didn't let go of me. 
"I believe you" I replied, smiling softly at him.
I stretched my neck up to kiss him. Our lips crashed gently as our carriage went up slowly. I appreciate that he still would go on a ride involving heights just for me. Even though I object his hobby for racing, I still allow him to race because I believe that he is a talented racer. And I am happy to see him happy whenever he drives in his go-kart car.