No You Can't

No You Can't

My name is Lee Soonkyu but I seriously prefer Sunny. It’s April 29, 2015–the first time I have enrolled in Hikari Academy–and I am here in my flat, alone. Right now, I am watching a Fencing game between Korea and France. No doubt, I really am interested in sports since I love to play fencing.

I looked up at the ceiling and remembered this blonde girl who caught my eyes, when I was standing in the enrolment lane. She’s a little bit taller than me, just a little bit. Her clothes are a bit girlish too compared to mine since I was wearing a blue flannel, a black jeans and a black converse.  

I didn’t know why, but out of all the students in this school, why does it have to be her. Why does my mind started to focus on her all of a sudden. I don’t even know her name. I haven’t even got her name, but why does my mind focused only on her?

I ruffled my hair and lets out a quite frustrating squeal. You are not biual. That was I thought. At least I thought.

 

Someone tapped me from the back and that made me turned around. Wow. In my surprise, it was her. The girl I was thinking of last night. She gave me her bear-a-like smile which made me smile back at her.

“Hello, I’m Kang Seulgi from 1-B,” she said.

I rubbed my nape and reached out my right hand for a hand shake. “Lee Sunny, 1-A,” I replied.

In my surprise, she gladly took my hand and immediately shakes it with a delighted smile plastered in her face. So adorable, I thought. I gently released my hand from her grip, silently putting my hand inside my pocket before giving out a warm smile.

“Have you seen SinB?” She suddenly asked.

Why do I know that name?

I opened the closed but “vacant” cubicle in the comfort room. The next thing I know that I was looking at a girl who was looking back at me nervously as she takes a bite from her garlic bread.

“H-Hello, I am SinB from 1-B” She mentally said.

I chuckled, I find her cute.

“I should just use the other cubicle, hmm? I am Lee Sunny from 1-A by the way,” I said before closing the cubicle door awkwardly.

I chuckled and looked at Kang Seulgi before speaking, “She’s inside the cubicle in the comfort room. “

She blinked and face palmed herself. “She is eating?” She asked, now looking at me.

I chuckled and nodded my head, “Garlic Bread, is that her favourite?” I asked her not even thinking of what I am doing at the moment.

She looked at me as she nods her head before laughing silently. “Anyway, thank you for the info Sunny. I hope we see each other any time!” She happily said.

I smiled at her and nodded my head. “So, see you?” I chuckled.

She nodded her head as we both turn around, our back facing each other.

 

“You’re failing English, Sunny. What is happening to you?” Mr Dan said as he waves my test papers in front of me.

I looked down for a moment before looking back at him in the eyes.

“You weren’t like this before,” He said.

I sighed. “Look, saeng. I promise to bring back my old grades. I’ll do that. So kindly just please give me one more chance?” I asked.

He gave in and shrugged his shoulders. I smiled in victory as he ruffles my hair. “Thank you, saeng. I’ll do my best!” I said before silently leaving him alone in our classroom.

I decided to go look at the bulletin board for some known reasons. I walked over there, more like I ran over there just to see the “suggested students that can help you in these subjects” to ask some help. I stopped right there not even realizing that I was standing beside my best friend, Kim Taeyeon.

I searched for her name since because I know she does so well in school.

Bingo.

Kang Seulgi, English.

A tap from my right made me look at the girl beside me.

“Boo!” She greeted.

“Taengboo!” I greeted back.

“Why are you here?”

“I need someone to teach me, English.”

“Oh I know who!”

I looked at her and nodded my head. “Taeyeon, I know you’re my best friend and I trust you a lot. So please keep this secret between the two of us,” I said.

She nodded her head.

I leaned over her ear and whispered, “I have a crush on Kang Seulgi.”

She nodded her head and whispered back, “Your secret is safe with me. Now go ask for her help! She’s with SinB in the cafeteria.”

I nodded and patted her head now running towards the said place. I looked around and spotted them sitting on the rear corner of the place talking to each other comfortably. I stopped in front of them, panting. I’m sure the two of them are looking at me.

“Seulgi-shi…” I said and pants again.

Seulgi looked at me and gave me a bottled of water which I gladly took. I drank it all and looked at her slightly embarrassed.

I rubbed my nape as I speak, “Can you help me in English?”

 

“You did your promise, huh?” Mr Dan said looking at the new test papers.

I chuckled and nodded my head.

“Who helped you?” He looked at me, curiosity kills the cat.

“None,” I said.

That’s right. None.

“Can you help me in English?”

“Sure wh-“

She was supposed to speak but the bell rang which means we need to go back to class. I sarcastically smiled before running back to the Class A classroom not even bothering to talk to Seulgi.

A coward, that’s my name.

“I’m impressed,” He told me before giving me a thumbs up.

I chuckled and grabbed my bag. Time to go home, I thought.

 

We were playing this crazy dare game called Kings. It was really crazy and scary too. At the moment, I am looking at Seulgi who is hesitating to do her dare since it’s “Give a hickey to the person who caught your eyes”. I’m sure it’s not me, like I am seriously sure that it’s not me.

I watched her as she gave a hickey to Kim Jongin, my classmate from 1-A. I mentally clutched my chest, I don’t even know why.

The next thing I know is that she’s already been teased by our schoolmates and surprisingly, I too, is teasing her non-stop until the next day.

Why did I even anyway?

 

Right now, we are in Jeju Island. It’s our field trip day and we are currently sitting in a circle with a mini bonfire in the middle. We were asked to confess our feelings and the first one who gives out a confession was Hayoung, my current flatmate.

“I really love this school,” that was she said.

We all smiled at her since we were really touched at the moment. Then suddenly, they were all looking at me.

“W-what?” I asked.

“Tell us yours Sunnyshine,” Seulgi said.

Sunnyshine.

Seulgi and I were locked together in the cafeteria. Just the two of us, together locked in the cafeteria.

“I want to give you a nickname,” I told her.

She looked at me and chuckled. “Tell me,” she said.

“Everybody calls you ‘seulbear’ and I want to be the unique one. So hello, ‘Seulpanda’,” I grinned at her.

She looked at me and squeals. “Oh my god, it’s beautiful! I shall call you Sunnyshine,” she said.

I smiled widely as I look at her in the eyes.

“Seulpanda and Sunnyshine,” She raises her pinkie.

I looked at Seulgi and nodded, this is it…, I thought.

“I had a crush on Seulgi since the first time I talked to her,” I said.

Had…I just said had…

“You like Seulgi before?” Yeri looked at me.

I nodded my head.

Before…no…until now…

“I know that Sunnyshine~” Seulgi said as she smile softly at me.

You know?! What?! When?! How?!

More confessions were brought to life and this time, it’s seulgi’s.

“I am so confused whether to like him or not…but yeah that’s it,” she said.

Everyone looked at her in a teasing face that made her cover her face in embarrassment.

“Your turn black,” Baekhyun said.

“I like someone here,” Jongin said.

I looked over my best friend, Kyungsoo who turned pale than his usual self.

“Who is it mang?!” Sehun shouted.

“Not going to tell!” Jongin said.

 

May 25, 2015 – 2:00 AM.

We looked at Jongin from the other table in the library. He said he wants to do something so we need to watch him and be quiet. He sat beside Seulgi and placed her Math book in the table.

“Hey, can you help me?” he asked.

Seulgi looked at him nervously and nodded her head. “Sure what is it?”

“I’m afraid that I am so lost in fractions…” he said.

I looked over Kyungsoo and back to the scene.

Seulgi nodded her head. “Okay what part of the fraction?” she asked.

“I can’t answer this…but will you be my other half?” he confessed.

He confessed.

I looked over Kyungsoo again, he’s not there anymore.

“Y-yes.”

I looked at Seulgi and mentally clutch my chest again.

God Damn…

 

The next thing I know is that Kyungsoo left Hikari Academy and transferred to another school. I sighed because I think I know it already.

“Sunny!”

I turned around and saw Jongin panting heavily.

“What?” I asked.

“Did Kyungsoo told you why he left?” He asked.

“He said, it’s for his health,” I said, which is true.

Jongin nodded his head, “I thought it was because of me…” He said.

“Why? Is there something I don’t know between the two of you?” I asked raising a brow.

“Kyungsoo likes me…” He said.

I nodded my head.

A beep from his phone made us look at each other. He fished out his phone from his pocket.

“He told me it was because of me…He left because of me, Sunny…” He said.

 

“Sunny…” Seulgi hugged me.

I started to panic, “W-why what’s wrong?!” I asked.

“Jongin is leaving the school too…he wants to transfer…” She said and sobbed on my shirt.

I caressed her hair.

“Shh…Shh…I’m here. I’m here,” I told her repeatedly.

“But…I thought we would last long…”

“You would…trust me…”

“But…he just left…”

“Shh…Shh…he’s just there don’t worry…”

“Sunny…I want to cry….”

“Cry it out, Seulgi…I’m here…”

Beep.

Seulgi immediately looked at her phone and smiled widely. “Sunny!”

I looked at her.

“He still loves me! He said I can go enrol to the vocal class in the Academy he is staying! So in that way, we can meet each other!” She jumped happily.

Okay…

 

“Congratulations you just got married!” William said as he points at the screen in front of us.

I can’t believe my eyes…it was me and Seulgi. We’re going to be a married couple for 15 days.  I smiled. I was so happy. 15 days is enough, it’s okay for me.

What I didn’t know is the next day was their “Monthsary” and that day is the day where Kyungsoo and I will meet for a friendship talk in the nearby café from my flat.

I don’t see Seulgi that much in the school campus either because she asked permission if she can cut the class and proceed to her “Singing Class” in the academy where Jongin is.

I feel hurt actually…because I thought she will focus on the event since she also wanted this to happen.

I sighed and looked at Kyungsoo.

“I’m so done. I honestly understand what you are feeling right now….” I said.

“What’s going on?” He asked me as he takes a sip from her strawberry latte.

“I can’t believe I’m hurting…”

“Why? What happened?”

“Actually Seulgi and I are a married couple in Hikari's We Got Married event and i don’t even understand why my heart hurts so suddenly. I just greeted them for their Monthsary minutes ago.”

“What? You like Seulgi?” he looked at me. “Wow…” he muttered. “Actually you didn’t have to greet them…” he said. “It kind of hurt me too,” he mumbled.

“I like her since the first time I enrolled in Hikari. I confessed this in the ing confession night,” I paused and chuckles bitterly, “Wow, I’m mad…this is so new.”

“Wow us creatures….wow…I’m speechless,” he scoffed.

“I seriously want to bump my head elsewhere and finish this off!” I groaned.

“Me too, I want to shed myself so I’ll be gone,” he said.

“I’ll ignore Seulgi forever.”

 

No You Can’t.