Chapter 6 - Grocery shopping & Mandu

[BTS fanfic] Rebirth

27/09/15

***

"Yah wake up!" 

I was woken up by a hard smack, on a Saturday morning.

I opened my eyes and a lady's face is right in front of me. No wait, it's my mom's face. I stretched and looked over at the clock on my nightstand, 8am.

"Umma, it's still too early," I said in a sleepy voice and pulled the sheets up to cover my face.

She pulled the sheets away and started spraying some weird liquid on my face.

"Yah umma!" I shouted and ran out of my bed.

"Good now that you're awake, go get some groceries," She said and made my bed for me.

"But there are so many maid in this house, why me?" I whined and plopped down on the bed.

"I'm training you to be an independent woman, young lady. How are you going to get married if you can't even complete a single task?!" She shoved me off the bed and i fell onto the ground.

"Then i don't get married, simple," I crossed my arms and she hit my head.

"Argue with me once more and you're grounded for the week, understand?" She said softly and got out of my room.

Typical moms.....

I gave up and went to the bathroom to wash up, got into my track pants and sweater and grabbed the grocery list my mom left on the table.

"Time for groceries," I said to myself and got out of the house. 

 

The supermarket is just a five minutes walk away from the house from what my mom told me. I guess i'll just follow my instinct. 

"My lady!" A familiar voice called out. I spun around and found Jackson waving at me.

"Yes Jackson-ssi?" I asked with a dull look on my face.

"Oppa, call me oppa," He said with his eyes close and a smile plastered his face.

I ignored him and continue walking. I bet he doesn't know that i'm older than him?

"Hey hey!" He caught up with me and threw his hands over my shoulders.

"Where are you going? Need a ride?" He asked.

"Grocery shopping. Ride? Can you even drive?" I asked with a raised brow.

"No, but we can always take my trustworthy bicycle," He said and i facepalmed myself mentally.

"Why are you here anyway? Were you stalking me since yesterday?!" I asked firmly and sent him a death glare.

"Woah lady! I work nearby okay, i'm not a stalker," He said and crossed his arms.

"Mandu, wait up!" A voice shouted from the back and we both turned around in sync.

A boy was running towards us while waving his hands.

"Mark hyung, why did you came out?" Jackson asked the boy which i assume his name is Mark.

"JB told me to come along with you. And who is she?" He asked while looking at me.

"She's my lady, Lee Ahn," Jackson said and winked at me.

"Correction, i'm NOT your lady," I frowned at Jackson. "Then you're my princess," He winked and made a click sound with his tongue.

I rolled my eyes and gave him a 'whatever, who cares' look before turning to Mark. "I'm BTS' classmate," I said and smiled.

"Yah, you did not show me that smile before!" Jackson exclaimed and pouted.

"First thing first mandu, you need to stop being a player," Mark said and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Hi, my name is Mark," He said and extended a hand out for me to shake.

I was about to grab his hand but Jackson yanked it away, "No touching," he said and glared at Mark before turning to me and smile. "Let's go, my princess." Mark let out a soft chuckle.

I rolled my eyes and continued walking to the supermarket.

"So what are you going to buy?" Jackson asked as Mark pushes the cart with him in it. Why is this boy full of questions?

"Food, food and more food."

"Right," He nodded and followed behind me.

I picked up some premium hanwoo, samgyupsal, vegetables, fruits, snacks and yogurt drink then shoved them all into the cart after Jackson got out of it.

"Mark hyung, what did JB told us to buy again?" Jackson asked.

"He said 10 servings of samgyupsal and a cake," Mark said while looking at his phone.

"That's a lot of samgyupsal...." I murmured.

"We have seven members," Mark said with a smile.

"Ah..." I nodded.

"Ahem," Jackson cleared his throat.

"Yes, Jackson-ssi?" I said.

"I told you to call me oppa!" He pouted. I mentally facepalmed myself again, "Yah, i'm older than you, why should i call you oppa?" I said andJackson's eyes widened immediately.

"Y-You...You what?!" He stuttered in surprise.

"I'm your NOONA," I emphasized the word 'noona'.

"B-But you look 12!" Jackson said with sad puppy eyes before saying, "But it's okay, you'll be my first princess noona," He plumped his lips and leaned in closer to me before Mark slap a hand over his mouth and pull him away from me.

"Control yourself, mandu," Mark said.

"Mandu?"

"Yup," Mark chuckled. "He called himself the king of mandu once on a cooking show, that's how we all started calling him that."

"Mandu....Oh yeah i have to grab some mandu as well," I said and strike off the dumplings on the grocery list.

After about two hours of grocery shopping which is actually pretty long, we finally decided to pay.

"Let me pay, noona," Jackson said and took out a card. "Mom's card," He winked.

"It's okay, take care of yourself, i'll pay for myself," I said and shoved him aside. "A total of ₩107,000 please," I took out my card and passed it to the cashier.

"Isn't that a...." Jackson begin saying. "Black card?" Mark continued. I swear their eyeballs are about to pop out soon.

"Thank you," I said when the cashier gave me back my card. I picked up my groceries but Jackson snatched it away from me.

"Let the MAN do it," He said and puffed out his chest. This guy is really asking for a punch.

Mark hit him hard in the chest before saying, "Show off. Let's go!"

I ended up being empty handed because the two guys insisted to carry it for me.

"Where do you live, my princess?" Jackson asked.

"Just follow me and you'll know," I said and walked in front of them with both hands in my pocket.

We arrived at my house a few minutes later.

"You live here?" Mark asked with a shock look and i nodded.

"Thanks for the help," I smiled at him and took my groceries back.

"How about me?" Jackson pouted.

"Thank you," I said sincerely this time instead of being sarcastic.

I don't hate Jackson, he's cute. But if i show my good side to him, he might flirt with me even more or even think that i like him.

They watched me walk into my house before walking straight ahead to one building.

 

"You're finally back," My mom said and grab the groceries from me. 

"Yeah, met some friends on the way," I said and walked up the stairs.

"Lee Ahn ah," My mom shouted from downstairs.

"I heard that there's an audition going on from the entertainment company opposite, are you interested to take part?" She asked. I walked down the stairs.

"What for?" I asked.

"I thought you always wanted to become a singer? Now there's an opportunity, why not give it a try?" She continued. I always wanted to become a singer? I do?

"Where's the company located at?" I asked.

"Just right opposite, you can go check it out if you want," She said and continued unpacking the groceries.

I got out of the house and a huge building is just right opposite the house. I crossed the road and went to the entrance of the building. I noticed a piece of paper was stuck on the door.

'Bighit entertainment auditions 2015. Are you ready to become a part of our family? Are you ready to become the next BTS and our first girl group? Hurry up and join us now! Categories available: Singer, dancer, actor/actress, composer, model.'

Should i give it a try? But BTS is in this company as well, i'm afraid i might get too distracted.

"Just go ahead, you wanted to become a singer, don't you?" DongAh asked. I turned around and she was standing beside me, munching on an apple.

"But i can't sing," I said.

"DongAh can't sing but you can, in Lee Ahn's case."

"Really?"

"Give it a try."

"Not today, i'm tired," I said and headed back to the house. I went to my room and plopped onto my bed and sank into the soft mattress.

I'm afraid of failing, i'm afraid of singing even though i've never sang before after my rebirth.

"Failing is not always failure," DongAh said.

"Don't be afraid to fail. If you do, then don't be afraid to try again."

***

Hi my lovely readers!!! :D

I'm finally back from my hiatus! ^_^. I hope i didn't lose much readers :(, i'm really sorry for going on a hiatus! T_T. 

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! :). I've also updated Winner's version yesterday so do check it out! ^_^

I can't wait for BTS' comeback this October!! It's definitely going to be a big hit! :D. Do check out JYP's new boy band 'DAY6'! They're a talented band and the song is really good! :)

Till next time, thanks for reading! Remember to follow me on twitter @jiyongsenpai and don't forget to vote/comment/subscribe! Love y'all <3

-Sarah :)