One

Fangirling at Its Best

Soojung has always been a huge fan of class 2-1’s dancing prodigy, Kim Jongin. And when she saw an announcement plastered on the bulletin board mentioning about the Dance Club finding a new manager, she swore to herself that she wouldn’t let the opportunity of getting close to her Nini bear slip away.

 

-

 

“Kids, I would like you to meet our new manager, Soojung. I bet you heard about her from other kids in your class. She’s quite famous, and not to mention a sweetheart.” The Dance Club’s President, Eunhyuk announced on one of their after class practices.

 

Soojung smiled shyly, giving Eunhyuk a glance and bowed to the boys in front of her. “Hi. I’m Jung Soojung. Nice to meet you and please take care of me.”

 

Taemin beamed a bright smile to her, and walked towards her, putting an arm on her shoulders comfortably, not that she mind because damn, it was The Lee Taemin, “Hey there, Princess! I didn’t quite see this one coming, you, The Jung Soojung, being our new manager yet alone applying to be one, but you’re more than welcome to be here.”

 

“Right,” Sehun, the guy who was leaning his back on the wall, winked at her. “And when we say you’re more than welcome, we mean it. Drop the formalities, because formalities are for the weak.”

 

She just laughed at his remark.

Great. She thought. She would enjoy staying in the club more than she thought she would have.

 

-

 

“So… how was it? Did he notice you or what?!” Jinri, shook her by the shoulders, demanding for an answer when they met each other the next day.

 

“Hey… chill,” she chuckled. “The boys seem to be nice more than what I expected. I didn’t feel awkward at all.”

 

“So did he talk to you? Asked your number?” her best friend again asked, ignoring her answer which made her sigh.

 

“Look, Choi Jinri. I didn’t have a chance to talk to him. Neither made an eye contact with him.”

 

“Oh my god! Did he—“

 

“Relax. Why are you so affected more than I do? I am the hopeless fan girl here as far as I can remember.”

 

“Right. And why don’t you look affected at all?”

 

“That’s because… he was sleeping.”

 

“What—“

 

“You should’ve seen him Jinri. He looked so tired. I bet he always practice dancing like the hardworking guy he is, to the point where he’ll get every single chance he could to get some sleep.”

 

“Jung Soojung you are so—“

 

“What? Do you expect me to ruin his beauty sleep? No way!”

 

Jinri just stared at her best friend. Dumb founded.

 

-

 

It’s already been a week since she became the club’s manager and it has been all over the campus; People talking about her being in the dance club, and the dance club having her as their manager. Everyone have different opinions on which one is luckier.

 

“We should thank our little princess over here.” Taemin said, who was now the closest member to her amongst the boys, as he backhugged her, chin resting on her shoulder while they both face the others. She threw a glare to him, not that she mind that the latter backhugged her since she was kinda used of his clinginess in just a short period of time, but because he called her princess again.

 

“I told you stop calling me that!”

 

“I thought we couldn’t be more popular than we already are right now,” he continued as if no one just interrupted his sudden outburst. “But this sweetheart of ours made us even more popular! Just wow.”

 

“Yeah. That reminds me…” Eunhyuk gulped his water down like he’s been to a marathon in the dessert, before continuing, “We got an offer to perform at a university. And I’m sure that’s because of our lovely lucky charm over there.”

 

Everyone looked at her, smiling gratefully at her, well not everyone for one person was sleeping. She wanted to see that smile from that certain person the most but she just shrugged it off, and rolled her eyes playfully as a response to their smiles, “Stop giving me that smile. It’s creepy.”

 

But it was not. She knew… they all knew she was just kidding.

 

-

 

“Lee Taemin, stop hugging me, will you?!” Soojung pushed the guy away from her one day after their practice.

 

Grinning mischievously and tightening the hug even more, “I won’t unless you answer me.”

 

“You’re so gross. You just finished dancing and you’re soaking with sweat so go away from me!”

 

“Na-uh. Just tell me who you like the most here and I’ll let go. Simple.”

 

“I told you!!! I like everyone. Okay? So let go!!!!” she said-almost-shouting as she struggled to pull away from Taemin’s embrace.

 

“I don’t believe you. It’s me, right? It’s me! Ha! I knew it!”

 

“God, you’re so gross. Can you not?!”

 

“What’s so hard in answering that? It’s not like you will date the person. Everyone has their own favorite so I bet you have one as well.” Sehun suddenly butted in, getting irritated on the two bickering with each other.

 

“He’s right. Well, at least tell us who you like when you weren’t our manager yet? That would be so much easier since you don’t know us personally by that.” Eunhyuk also joined interrogating her, well for her this was interrogating.

 

She gulped, thinking what to do. Looking at everyone around this room and realizing that all eyes were now glued at her, made her more nervous. Would they know what her real intention is? They might hate her. She didn’t want to ruin the relationship with the boys, especially now that she has gotten close with them more than she was supposed to.

 

She averted her gaze down to the floor from the boys’ anticipating eyes, “He wasn’t even here how should I…”

 

“What?”

 

She gasped when she realized that instead of just thinking about it, it slipped out of .

 

“What do you mean…?” Taemin slowly let go of her to look at her face better. “Is he in another club or—“

 

“, guys I’m sorry I overslept. I didn’t…” Kai trailed off when he realized that everyone’s eyes were staring at him, well he kinda expect that but not with this kind of atmosphere. “What? Your smiles are so creepy I feel like you’re all gonna murder me right now. What did I do?”

 

Taemin smirked at his bestfriend, “Nothing, Jongin. Nothing much. Just…” then he looked at the girl beside her who was frozen and flushed. “Nothing. Right… Soojung-ah?”