Nichkhun

My House

Recap on previous chapter

Alexia regains conciousness but remains wounded. Wooyoung and Nichkhun tell Alexia the truth about them, saying that a witch is attacking the palace and that the six sons have gifts. Lucinda, the maid, comes in and confronts Alexia with a terrible truth.

"My princess... you have to leave," she stated.

"Leave? Why?" I asked in a perplexed tone.

"Someone is trying to kill you."



I sat at the table, eating my dinner in silence with the six sons and the queens. The High King had other matters to attend to apparently. No one seemed to be in the moon of talking. Perhaps, they all found out that I found out about their secret. This made them all pissed off and bitter.

Perhaps murderous. 

But whatever. It's cool.

The chicken felt dry in my mouth. As is passed down to my throat it felt like it was trying to suffocate me.

"How's your injury?" Nichkhun spoke. He broke the silence in the air with a hammer, or so it felt like.

"Am... it's getting better," I finally managed to reply. The cut had been there for three days now and it was healing incredibly quick thanks to medicine Lucinda keeps bringing to me.

"You look a lot better," one of the queens spoke. Sohee, I believe? I'm pretty sure her name was Sohee.

"Thank you," I nodded my head, looking down at my food plate. The silence continued to linger until Chansung and Taecyeon abruptly stood up after eatting everything.

"We best go to father," Taecyeon announced as his chair squeaked through the hall.

"Hurry back," one of the other queens spoke. I watched as they left, their muscular bodies barely fitting through the door of the dining room. I didn't dare to speak or ask the sons anything whilst the queens were present. I was terrified of them. All three behaved holier than thou on each other and others. There was always this lightning-like tension between them... I could always see imaginary sparks flying off them.

Not only that, but after uncovering a new truth, I realized something else about the three queens.

One of these crazy women... were trying to kill me.

 

 

I was becoming very paranoid. I was locking the door on key behind me at night, closing the balcony doors (even though it was so hot) and felt like someone was watching me the whole time. Nichkhun came to my room almost everyday to me, concerned as to why I wasn't leaving it. I knew I had to get a message sent out to my parents somehow. So I got Lucinda to pass a note to a pigeon tonight. I just hope she was going to be able to pass the guards. I never wanted her to get into trouble but she was willing to help.

"Someone is trying to kill you, princess," she repeated to me.

"W-why? Who?" I stuttered in shock.

"I'm not sure, but my best guess is one of the queens. I don't understand it myself. I've been in this castle a long time, princess. I know things about the six sons that are strange... the queens are unique too," she explained to me in a hushed voice. "I'm so sorry this has happened to you," she glanced at the wound on my side. "But it won't be the end of it."

I approached one of my windows slowly, peeking in through the curtains. It was getting very dark as soon as the sun set behind the horizon. The stars began their usual ritual of twinkling in the darkness alongside the large grey moon.

There was a knock on my door. 

I barely managed to swallow as I turned around and walked to the door.

"Who is it?" I called out.

"Nichkhun," the muffled voice spoke out. I unlocked the door and peeked through the crack to ensure it was him. And so it was. The handsome prince was standing outside my door, peering into the little crack I opened.

"Hello there, princess," he smiled at me. Wow, he was so adorable when he did that.

"Eh, hey," I replied awkwardly.

"Will you take a walk with me?"

"Mmm? With you? Now?" I was taken aback by his question.

"Yes, with me," he chuckled at my surprise.

"Oh... okay," I nodded my head and cautiously stepped out of my room. I followed him down the staircase, into the main hall and out one of the side doors of the place. Many maids, servants and other workers were returning back home after a long days at work. They bowed as they passed us by and Nichkhun nodded and smiled at every single one of them. He was such a kind man in comparison to what I expected from him.

"You've been quiet ever since we left..." I said something, anything really.

"I just wanted you to leave your bedroom," he told me, looking down.

"Oh?"

"You seem to be hiding away in your room for so long... especially after we told you the truth about us. You have us all worried," he explained the situation to me.

"Oh that... no that's cool," I explained, shrugging slightly. Nichkhun wasn't satisfied with the response.

"You know we still don't understand what happened to you back there," Nichkhun said, trying to see some sort of response from me. I couldn't muster a reply. I didn't know what to say so I remained silent.

"Okay, I have to be honest with you," Nichkhun suddenly stopped walking. "It's driving me crazy, and my brothers, that we don't know what you're thinking. I don't understand what is going on with you, why are you hiding? Are you afraid of us?" he asked, taking a step closer to me. "Do you not trust us?"

"That's not it," I waved my hands nervously. "I'm..."

"You're what?" he raised his voice. Nichkhun wasn't even a step away from her. He was standing right at her feet, towering above her.

"You're scaring me," I finally said, almost in a whisper. Nichkhun's glare eased back into his normal eyes. He took a deep breathe and took a few steps back.

"I'm so sorry..." he muttered almost to himself. "I don't usually loose control of myself so easily," he explained.

"You were going to hurt me?" I fretted.

"No, of course not," he dismissed my question. "I would never hurt you."

"Someone is though, right?" I said, taking a step closer to him this time.

"Excuse me?"

"There's someone trying to kill me, isn't there?" I asked, looking at his smooth, perfect face. He looked back at me as if I had accused him of treason. Pain filled his eyes followed by terror.

"Who told you this?" he demanded to know.

"No one had to tell me, it's pretty clear what's happening," I said, my voice raising. I began to feel angry, a heating feeling coming from my stomach.

"No, I don't understand what you mean Alexia," Nichkhun pretended to play dumb.

"One of you is trying to kill me," I was almost yelling at this stage. I had a choice; either to cry or to yell, and I chose the latter. "So if it's not you, it's one of your brothers or your bloody mothers!"

Nichkhun eyes sparked at the end of my sentence. He looked at me with wide, panicked eyes. Did he realize something? What in the world was he hiding from me?

"Nichkhun, what is it?" I asked him, this time in a much calmer voice.

"I have to go," he spoke in a quiet voice. He suddenly spun around and ran back to the castle at top speed. 

"Nichkhun!"

Author's Note: Thanks for reading so far guys and sorry for not updating this chapter as soon as the others. I lost inspiration for a few days because I became obsessed with another fanfic I'm writing focusing on Fairy Tail, my favourite anime. Anyway, please accept my apologies and hopefully I'll be able to update sooner from now one.

Arigato!~