Chapter 1

Fireworks

 

“I remember my first kiss” Jonghyun confessed to Jinki, “I didn’t really know her, but she just kinda leaned in and kissed me so….I did it back” Jonghyun shrugged. “It was nice I guess, but didn’t really mean anything. She just ran away afterwards leaving me in the middle of the field alone. It was the most confused I’d ever been”.

 

“Um…Have you kissed people since then?” Jinki questioned genuinely curious of Jonghyun’s past.

 

“Yeah. A couple times here or there. I’ve even initiated it sometimes. Still hasn’t ever felt right. They say it feels like fireworks but I’ve never even gotten a spark.” Jonghyun looked down at his hands in his lap. “…Jinki?”

 

“Yeah, Jjong?”

 

“Have you ever felt something…when you’ve kissed someone?”

 

“Well…I’ve never actually kissed someone.” Jinki looked down. “Such an embarrassing thing to admit. Especially to Jonghyun the king of skinship” he thought to himself. “So no I guess, to answer your question.” Jinki ruffled his hair awkwardly hating to confess this to Jjong. Couldn’t be much of a shock though, even as an idol he doesn’t compare to the looks of others. Jonghyun always was the most attractive of the members. His rich brown hair and big doe eyes that shined in the bright lights of the stage. Jinki sighed to himself getting lost in thoughts of the boy sitting in front of him.

 

“How can that be?” Jinki jumped from the boy’s gentle voice ceasing their silence.

 

“W-what?” Jinki asked confused, forgetting what he had just told Jonghyun.

 

“How can you have never kissed anyone? You’re so…amazing.” Jonghyun whispered the last part. Perhaps in nervousness? Jinki realized the other’s hooded eyes and twiddling fingers. The conversation was making Jonghyun tense too, for some reason this calmed Jinki, and not the compliment he had just received.

“Because no one has ever felt that way about me.” Jinki explained. It seemed so obvious to himself.

 

“How do you know that though?” Jonghyun inquired.

 

“Well, I guess I don’t know for a fact. But know one’s ever even hinted at liking me as more than a friend.” Jinki started to get slightly teary eyed. The thought just made him so sad. He couldn’t believe he was opening up to Jonghyun of all people. He’d be lying if he’d said he had never thought of Jonghyun in a romantic way. It was hard not to, he was forced to watch and listen to him sing beautiful lyrics everyday. He got to hear him humming around the dorm and composing ever-so quietly in his room late at night.

 

Slowly Jonghyun inched towards Jinki, put his hand under his chin and lifted his face to his own. “What if I were to tell you I like you as more than a friend?” he lightly whispered, his breath breezing past Jinki’s face tickling his cheeks.

 

“I’d call you a liar” Jinki chuckled a bit still not looking at Jonghyun whose eyes he could feel gleaming down at him.

 

“Jinki hyung, look at me” Jinki slowly raised his eyes to meet Jonghyun’s. The intense look he was giving him made his heart do unnatural things.

 

“I have feelings for you hyung” Jonghyun spoke in such a gently way that even in this situation Jinki couldn’t help but feel soothed by his words.

 

“How do I know you’re being serious?” Jinki was curious still not quite trusting Jonghyun knowing this all could be a joke.

 

Then without any warning, Jonghyun leaned closer to the other’s face and closed the gap between their lips. Jinki immediately relaxed his eyes, allowing himself to fully take in Jonghyun. He reveled in the light tingles that ran throughout his body all coming from the softness of Jonghyun’s lips on his own. Then as soon as it started, it ended and Jonghyun pulled back, his forehead touching Jinki’s.

 

“ Do you believe me now?” he whispered, his voice giving Jinki the same tickling feeling as before.

 

“I think the fireworks helped prove it” I said cheesily.

 

“Hehe I felt them too” Jjong giggled.

 

“Should we maybe feel some more?”

 

Without answering Jonghyun took Jinki’s lips in his own more passionately this time. Like he was letting out built up feelings that had been lingering there for far too long. At least that’s what Jinki was doing as he took Jonghyun’s hair in his hand combing through the beautiful locks he had thought of so many times before. Jinki moved his lips against Jonghyun’s longing for more contact as he grazed his free hand over the younger’s toned chest. Jonghyun gasped in response, and moved his own hands to Jinki’s back and over the thin t-shirt. They both broke away for needed oxygen making them pant heavily cool breath hitting the other. Jinki realized what he had just done and worried if he had done something wrong. He looked at Jonghyun with an anxious expression looking for answers to his wondering thoughts.

 

“What is it Jinki?” Jonghyun asked worried at the other’s uncomfortable expression. “Did you not like it?” he inquired soothingly rubbing his thumb across Jinki’s soft cheeks.

 

Jinki melted into the soft touches of the other, not even noticing how he was moving his face against Jonghyun’s gentle fingers. “No I loved it, Jjong. But did you?” Jinki asked closing his eyes relaxing to the caresses having his worries slip away more each second.

 

“I loved it too, Jinki” Jonghyun smiled, “I’d like to do it again sometime if you do as well.”

 

“Now is ‘sometime’ right, Jjong?”

 

“I’d like it to be”

 

“Me too”

 

And with that they leaned into each other, molding their lips to the other’s. Jonghyun moved his tongue to touch Jinki’s bottom lip, and without any hesitation Jinki opened his mouth, their tongues meeting in a gentle dance. Jinki loved the feeling of Jonghyun’s warm tongue against his own. He craved the new taste that was Jonghyun as he moved his tongue at a bit faster pace. Jonghyun’s tongue obliged to the new speed as it across Jinki’s. Jonghyun wrapped his legs around Jinki’s waist tightly pressing their bodies together. Jinki relished in their closeness still wanting more. He slipped his hand under Jonghyun’s fitted shirt to expose his muscular back that Jinki had only stared at so many times before. He trailed his hands across the muscular plane trying to feel as much of it as possible.

 

 After a while longer Jonghyun released his mouth from Jinki’s, “Let’s stop for now. I wanna take this slow”.

 

Although Jinki missed the contact he agreed Jonghyun was right. After telling him this, Jonghyun wrapped his strong arms around Jinki lying them both down on the bed. Jinki blushed at the embrace, which only made Jonghyun guide Jinki’s head to rest on his chest. The fast beating radiating from Jonghyun’s chest made Jinki that much more happy as he wrapped his own arms around Jonghyun’s torso in an even tighter hold. “Let’s just sleep for now” Jinki whispered. “Of course” Jonghyun coaxed back before kissing Jinki’s forehead. After the light touch, Jinki was finally able to completely relax with Jonghyun like he had wanted for years.