Her side

Mouse Rabbit

Here is the first chapter. It would be great if you follow the story till the end and hope you like it. Comment juseyoooooo~^^

\(^o^)/

The alarm that was set for 6 a.m started to ring loudly and echo the whole bedroom. The girl who was sleeping and covering her whole body with her baby blue colored blanket reached her hand out and turned the alarm on her phone off and after that she went back to sleep.

A footstep could be heard coming towards the bedroom before a knock sound came. "Daughter, have you woke up? It is 7 minutes past six. You gotta go to work. It is Monday, sweetheart." There came a silence from the room. The woman ,who was in her 40s age, knocked the door and called out her daughter again. This time in another version. "YA! Kang Hyera. Wake up!" 

 
Meanwhile the girl ,who was in her deep sleep, startled as she heard her mom's high pitched voice. She quickly pushed her blanket away and answered her mom before she could voice out another high pitched. Neighbor's beautiful morning might be ruined because of her mom. 
 
She walked toward her window while rubbing her eyes to open the curtain and soon the sunlight entered her room through the window. She did a short stretching and tidied up her bed before she grabbed her towel and disappeared behind the bathroom door. 
 
It took around 20 minutes before she came out in her bathrobe and went to pick out her outfit. She chose a white plain t-shirt with long black jeans that was coupled with a pair of white converse shoes. A 'black and white' day to go. She combed her long thick black hair and tied it up into pony tail. Once she was set, she grabbed her stuffs and went down for breakfast.
 
^^
 
When I went down to the level 1, Dad and Mom were ready in their seat and followed by my younger sister that just came out from her room in her high school uniform. I ran a little and 
placed a kiss on Dad's cheek and greeted him 'Good Morning Dad.' as well as 'Good Morning Mom." and not to forget a kiss for her also. 
 
I pulled out the chair beside my sister and dropped my bag there before purposely ruffled my sister hair which was responded by a loud protest. I entered the kitchen and stood in front of my baby which was my coffee maker. It didn't take a long time for me to make 2 cups of coffee. I went back to the dining table and placed a cup of coffee in front of Dad before I sat down and started my breakfast.
 
'What time did you sleep last night?" Mom asked me.
 
I put another slice of pancake into my mouth, "Hehee. I slept at 1. I enjoyed watching movie too much and didn't realized that it was 1 already." 
 
Mom shook her head and said, "I bet you would still in your dreamland if I didn't wake you up."
 
I put up a toothy smile for her, "Mom, sometimes I wonder, were you a leader of choir backthen?"
 
Mom looked at me and asked why I suddenly asked that. I munched the last slice of the pancake and I grinned at her, "Nothing. Just that your voice is so high pitched that it might crack our windows."
 
Mom smiled, "Oh yeah? Your voice is no better than mine sweetheart. That dolphin screams of yours when you heard thunder."
 
I made a pout because of Mom's answer and I glared at my sister who was laughing beside me. I drank my milk and during that time I could hear three of them laughing at me. Well, start your day with smile and laughter.
 
^^
 
I kept walking straight with a light step while humming along with the song that I was listening from my ipod. I turned left and I could see my working place. Mouse Rabbit. Kang Hyera, lets get to work.
 
I opened the entrance door and I could see that my friend was here earlier than usual and she was sweeping the floor and bringing the chairs down. I tiptoed carefully toward her and when I was right behind her I patted her shoulder, causing her to startled and tripped but I quickly caught her arm and helped her to find her balance.
 
"Ya! Yoon Jiyeon. What medicine did you take till you can arrive at work earlier than me?" I threw her an intimidating gaze.
 
"You think I cant come earlier than you?" She pinched my cheeks and continued, "My brother needs to go out earlier than usual so thats how I arrived here earlier, Ms. Kang."
 
"Ahh. Your brother. I wish I had an older brother too." I sat on the nearby chair for awhile.
 
"That was the nth time you told me that you want an older brother. Why dont you just get married to my brother and you gonna be my sister in law. That would be great. We can hang out together. Wowww it is a brilliant idea. Just date my brother." She started to blabber this super weird, nonsense yet stupidest idea I have ever heard and look at how she started to nag around me and linking her arm together with mine.
 
I hit her forehead to help gaining her consciousness back again. "I will never date your brother, Ms. Yoon. Stop that nonsense of yours. Your brother is totally not my style." I stood up and went to the kitchen inside to get ready for work. Other workers started to show up as well as it was almost the opening time.
 
I put my bag to the locker and only took my phone with me. I quickly wore my apron and help others. 
 
It was not long after the opening time the customers started to pack the cafe. Seeing a girl coming to the cashier to make an order, I went over there and took her order. She ordered Caramel Macchiato. I handed over her changes and buzzer as well. I was about to take the second customer's order but someone tapped my shoulder lightly.
 
I looked at my left side and here he was, the owner of the coffee shop shown up. He gestured me to move aside from the cashier and go back to my original position as a barista. I greeted him good morning along with a smile on my face before I moved aside and started to make the customers' order.
 
I made the order one by one with a quick movement because my skill was in this position. A job that I loved the most. I could smile so wide just by standing in front of the coffee machine and made coffee for customers. I loved the smell of coffee the most and it has been my favorite since forever. 
 
I worked here since the coffee shop was opened and it has been operating for 1 year half now. I enjoyed working here a lot as the workers here were all fun and I was quite close with the owner of the coffee shop. I was the only worker that worked here since it was opened as some of them have resigned. Meanwhile, Jiyeon started to work here few months after me.
 
Before I applied as a barista in this coffee shop, I worked for an office as an accountant. I had a hard time working there. I was unhappy to work there, not because of the boss gave me a pile of jobs or the colleagues gossiped me. There was nothing like that but I was not the style of girl that could sit in an office. Working in an office would never suit me and I have been wanting to be a barista but I insisted to work there to help finding more source of money for family.
 
Dad who noticed that I was unhappy with my job told me to resign and apply for job as a barista. He told me there was no need for me to find more money and asked me to do the things that I liked, including having a job as barista.
 
I was not coming from a wealthy family that has a lot of stocks or owned a big company. I was coming from well off family in which we all lived well without missing any important needs. We got food to eat everyday, a house to live, clothes to wear and a car to bring a family anywhere. I guessed that was more than enough? Because the most important thing was I lived in a warm and loving family. A family that filled with laughter and smile everyday. 
 
3 things that I hate the most. Person with high level of arrogancy. Person that liked to underestimate people easily and a person that thought problems could be solved with money. 
 
I hate people coming from wealthy family as well. All they could do was spending money without thinking how to gain in back and people with wealth mostly had those 3 types of attitude. Well, that was my point of view based on the wealthy people I have met.
 
I was sure everyone was not like that because the owner of this coffee shop was coming from wealthy family or to be exactly one of conglomerate family in this country. The fact that he was kind to all workers and could joke around with us as well made me think that not all people coming from wealthy family would be annoying.
 
I just finished making the last order and handed it over to the customer with smile. I turned around to go back to the kitchen but I was shocked when a person was actually standing behind me. This owner seriously liked to scare and shock me a lot. He smiled and gave me a piece of cookie. I took and ate it.
 
"Jongjin oppa, you were here earlier and I think it has been 10 days since your last visit to here?" He was a boss yet he asked me to call him with oppa only.
 
"I happened to wake up earlier and got nothing to do so I came here. Why? You are unhappy to see me? Actually, I miss you a lot." He pulled an act and made his face like he was sad to not meet me for 10 days.
 
I shrugged, "Well.. The fact that you are the owner of the cafe makes me cannot chase you away."
 
He patted my head lightly before ruffled my tied hair which made my hair became messy and in instant I sent him a death glare causing him to laugh, "Seriously, with that kind of style of yourself, you might never get a boyfriend." 
 
"Like I care." 
 
He looked at his watch which I was sure it was Classic St Mawes from DW because I just happened to look at it last night when I read magazine and he checked his phone for awhile. Meanwhile I stood still there, waiting for him to give order to me because I could know when he gonna ask me to do something and I was right.
 
"Make 2 take away of Green Tea Latte. I am going out soon so please help me to look after the cafe." I gave him a nod and made the beverages for him.
 
^^ 
 
He just went out with the drinks when Jiyeon put her arm over my shoulder. "You are seriously lucky to be so close with him. He is close with all the workers here but you are the closest with him." I kept silent and checked the cakes that were still available.
 
"Why dont you date him?" oh no. Yoon Jiyeon. 
 
"He is like a brother to me Jiyeon-ah. Why you keep asking me to date this and that? I am not interested in dating now and he is not exactly my style."
 
I could feel Jiyeon crossed her arms beside me before she moved and stood in front of me with an intimidating gaze. "What?"
 
"Kang Hyera." She spelled my name slowly. "I am curious with your standard of man. I mean he is visibly handsome, cute, kind and treat you well. He is wealthy also. What is the lack of him? You gonna live happily if you are married to him. Seeing how you even said he is not exactly your style then your standard must be so high huh?"
 
I stayed still. She was right. He has all the criteria of every woman wanted but somehow I would just take him as a brother. It is not like I have a high standard for man. Cut that crap off Yoon Jiyeon. I looked at her, rolled my eyes and shrugged, leaving her who kept calling my name and went to the kitchen to help others.