one.

Who are you, Twin?

eun byul covered her ears with both her earphones, ignored the noisy people behind her. she closed her eyes as she enjoyed the music. well, not exactly music but she was listening to a live radio talking about a swimming competition. weird, she never liked sports before and she hated swimming the most. mostly because she didn't know to swim, that could be one of the reason. and she hated water, another reason. so shy was she listening to something that was bored to her like this? 

"han yian is almost there! the space between him and kim hyunwoo is so close! who will make it first?" 

come on, han yi an. the girl bit her lips tightly as she shut her eyes close. the sounds of her friends talked were so loud but because she was more focused on the game, all she could hear now was two man talking about han yi an and kim hyun woo. this could be weird but she actually clapped her hands together and prayed for yi an to win the game. she was nervous, too. 

"and... yi an touched it first, han yi an just as expected, is the winner!" 

"yesss!" eun byul threw her earphones out and yelled as she grinned brightly while looking at her another bestie, kim heejung. heejung blinked blankly as she chuckled at her stubborn friend who usually had a grumpy look on her face but now, looked so happy just like a child. "what is this, were you listening to yi an's game?"

"no i did not! why would i?" byul cursed herself for over reacted as she denied the truth. this wasn't the first time she listened to yi an's live game report and wasn't the first time he won, either. but everytime she listened to it, she always reacted the same. bitting her lips, feeling nervous, praying for him and at the end, smiled to herself like a child. "i was listening to inkigayo because i haven't got to watch it yesterday and bigbang won!" she was the best at lying so no big deal, really. heejung gave her a weak smile as another guy yelled. "guys, yi an won the game!" 

"what? oh my god oh my god!!" heejung and other girlls yelled and everyone looked really happy. eun byul smiled a little as she watched everyone. 

"hey, eun byul, yi an won this competition! isn't he amazing?!" heejung giggled and the sassy girl rolled her eyes. "of course he would win, if  he didn't win, i would cut of our contact."

"heol~ sounds fishy to me in some way. and no reaction, as always!"

"what, am i supposed to dance and kiss everyone else like you?" byul mocked the beautiful girl as she blushed. "aish come on, that's how people enjoying a party these days!"

"this is not even a party."

"well, a small party for yi an's medal!"

 

 

"yi an!"

"yes?" the tall boy pulled his earphones down as he looked down at a coach.

"well done this time." the man patted his shoulder. "hope you are having a great time and just relax for next week! we will back to practice the next week, alright?"

"yes, thank you, coach." 

"do yo need a ride? i can take you home."

"oh, actually if it'ss possible, i want to go back to school."

"but they allowed you to take a day off to join this competition? you should come home and rest by now!"

"there is something i need to do first." yi an smiled as she shoved his hand into his left pocket.

 

"go eun byul. hi!" it was gong tae kwang, he gave her a big grin and a friendly wave. 

"tch." eun byul tucked her hair behind her ear as she turned away. 

"woa, still rude as always, eh?" he quickly changed into a grumpy kid as he left the classroom.

"he is leaving again, i wonder where else he can go." lee chohee pulled a chair out and sat in front of eun byul and heejung. 

"pfft, he just came here to thank me for taking him out to loteria yesterday." heejung rolled her eyes. "he always complained about how cold you are." she nudged eun byul's arm and the girls teased ended up teasing each other. 

"woa woa woa, look who is here?!"

"the hero! hero hero hero!" suddenly, the entire class cheered for someone else and the girls turned to the door and just as expected, no one else could be the hero here.

han yi an.

the boy with a confident smile one his face as he thanked to everyone for cheering for him. eun byul stared at him, although her face was like a rock but her eyes were smiling. of course, no one could see that at all... 

"i thought he was going to take a day off?" heejung hung open.

"he must want to enjoy the feeling of being the hero." cho hee giggled and the two of them started to talk and complimented yi an while eun byul still sat there, listened to her best friend being complimented and smiled to herself. "of course he wouldn't disappoint anyone, that's my best friend, please." eun byul gave both of her ffriends a playful look.

"go eun byul." 

eun byul looked up as she heard a familiar voice. no doubt, the confident and arrogant smile made she wanted to punch him so much. eun byul brushed her hair with her fingers as she tilted her head, eyes gazed up at him. "what?" 

"...heh." he smiled and everyone gave each other a teasy look, eun byul blinked. "what are you people whispering about? han yi an, if you have nothing to say then i will go to the bathroom." 

"after school end, can we meet at the rooftop?" yi an finally spoke up. 

eun byul smirked. "alright." 

"typical go eun byul, always makes things hard for yi an." cho hee shook her head and heejung agreed.

 

school ended.

a couple of boy and girl stood on the rooftop, the boy was holding something behind his hands as he couldn't stop smiling at himself. "you are smiling like an idiot again." eun byul with the normal sentence which opened up their conversation. 

"i was not surprised at all about your reactions."

"what? were you hoping for something?"

"i don't know, maybe a kiss on a cheek and a tight hug?"

"you crazy!" she wanted to make a disgusting face but couldn't help but smile brightly as his silly words. yi an smiled to himself as he saw her smile, too. "yah go eun byul, i know that you are secretly happy for me so yeah, i don't really need a kiss or a hug. what i want is hm, how about you say what you really feel like?"

"what i feel like?" she gave him a blank look. "i feel cold up here."

"you are cold? here wear my—" as he took of his jacket, eun byul stopped him. "no need to!"

he frowned. "byul, if you catch a cold then it's my fault for calling you up the roof in the weather like this." 

she smiled at him, as expected, the only one who cared about her so much except for her mother, of course. eun byul still kept the sassy look on her face, she pouted. "i would rather catch a cold than wearing your stinky jacket. now what do you want to give me that much?"

"... i haven't said anything about giving you a present." busted! yi an smiled wickedly at himself as he caught the sight of go eun byul feeling embarrassed as she looked around and tried to find an excuse. go eun byul always had a good excuse that seemed like she was telling the truth but knowing her for ten years, he knew when she was lying and telling the truth. to be honest, he was kind of happy when she was hoping for his present. "i, did not say anything about present." she scratched her left ear as she avoided his eyes. 

"you are hoping to see it, don't you?"

"yeah you are right, i'm hoping to see a car come here and take me home, soon."

"you still remember that promise, do you?"

"uh uh, i promised to clean the dishes tonight."

"you? clean the dishes? ahahahah!" yi an bursted out laughing and of course, the girl was shooting him a death glare again. "i feel sorry for the man who is going to be your husband later because he might actually be the one who do everything including cleaning the dishes, and maybe changing the baby's diapers." he continued said with a blank face as if there were nothing while eun byul was trying her best not to giggle like an idiot, oh wait, that was not her style. she was trying her best not to blush! kind of a tsundere. "but i feel lucky for that man." han yi an, shut up!!!!!  "go eun byul, your face is redder than before."

"it's because of the sunset, ok? so is your face!" she turns her face away and yi an chuckled. "you are really stubborn, aren't you?"

she gave him her usual unamused face and crossed her arms together as she raised up her face. "so when are we going straight to the point of this pointless meeting?" 

"i would prefer if you call this a date." 

"a date? but a date need to have food! you see the couples are always going out to a restaurant or a camping trip or something else i don't care but whatevre, food is always involved."

both of yi an and eun byul turned back to the bench behind some trees behind them. this voice, gong tae kwang. yi an rubbed his temples as she raised her voice. "gong tae kwang, the hell are you still doing here?"

"napping but you two old married couple are so funny to watch." the boy with messy hair crawled up as he yawned and thumbed up at both of them. 

"we are not even a couple." eun byul clenched her teeth. "i hate having people stalking, that must be why no one likes you."

"oh ho." tae kwang laughed but in an angry way as he clapped his hands together. "go eun byul is giving me lessons about my life. sorry but i already know that before."

"you want to know more?" eun byul smirked and yi an grabbed her shoulder. "byul." 

"yi an, let me—" she was about to say something and pushed his arm away but tae kwang stood up from the bench and walked toward the two of them. yi an started to feel bad but eun byul was still looking at tae kwang with her sassy and fearless face. tae kwang put his hand on her other shoulder and peered into her face. "go eun byul, god is really kind when he gave he a gift that is letting you to appear in my life. and because of you, i learned how cruel and rude this world and girls in general can be."

"..." eun byul and him stared at each other for several seconds, she was feeling angry again but couldn't say anything this time. she had heard many of these reviews about her before and well, that was also true. she could not fight back those words.

"i know right, she doesn't look that bad and she will be everyone's type if she is more feminie and nice." yi an broke the intense moment as he made a bad joke which resulted a punch in the stomach by eun byul after that and tae kwang laughed, he let go of eun byul and walked toward yi an. "i also think the same! i would definitely fall in love with a friendly and nice version of her! and hey, aren't you that famous swimmer?! great can we please take a selfie oh my god." 

as the boys talked, eun byul let out a long sigh. she looked up at the sky and cursed herself, how fun her life could be more and then she felt something cold against her cheek. "ah?!" she let out a small moan as she touched her cheek and held that cold thing. it was a medal. "what..?" she stared at it then looked around, seeing han yi an was being dragged away by tae kwang and he thumbed up at her and mouthed "i promised."

eun byul looked at them as they gone and she looked back at the medal in her small and skinny hand. "promise, huh?" she smiled gently. "i guess i'm not the only one who remembers every single thing we did together. and... if there was a nice version of me, i wonder how weird this world would become?"

 

the sassy girl made her way down the halls as she walked pass the teacher's room and saw a young girl there. she stopped and peered in. usually, she wasn't this type of nosy girls but somehow, something pulled her back and telling her this was kind of important... something really weird. 

"lee eun bi, starting from tomorrow, you will become a student of class 2-3." 

"yes, thank you for accepting me, mr. kim!" the young girl bowed, she sounded really happy. 

she is going to be a part of my class?  eunbyul narrowed her eyes to take a closer look at the female but she didn't turn her face around. eun byul rolled her eyes as she left the teacher's room and went home. i don't like new students at all. let's see what she can do later.

 


 

yo! first chapter < 3 lee eun bi is going to appear ; )