spring songs::

Spring Songs

 

 

autumn::

 

The day that everything changes is a day that Sunggyu calls autumn.  Sunggyu tells him autumn is a time where the green summer fades away to a place where everything is gold, when the sun touches the forests, the place would turn into fire.   

Myungsoo wants to see the golden colours of autumn, but here, autumn is only another day, just like the day before. 

 

 

Myungsoo walks down the street from his school, heading back home when suddenly the emergency bells go off.   Before he can run to safety, he hears a shout and a loud sound that he later realizes is from a gun. 

The sky above him looks so welcoming, but how did he end up here, lying on his back and his own blood pouring out of the gunshot wound in his shoulder? 

Everything is quiet around him.  No one is going to risk their neck for a strange boy, lying dying on the streets.  Not when this happens everyday anyways. 

Suddenly, he isn’t alone anymore. A strange boy leans over him, concern in his eyes as he surveys the wound in Myungsoo’s shoulder.  Myungsoo only stares at him, quietly praying that the boy won’t leave him. 

“I’m Sunggyu.” 

Myungsoo stares at him with wide eyes until he finally manages to whisper, “Myungsoo.  I’m Myungsoo.”

Sunggyu smiles slightly and leans forward, his breath tickling his cheeks. “Come with me, Myungsoo.”

 

 

The first song he hears is from Sunggyu. 

Sunggyu, the boy who rescued him is the same boy who sings about spring and falling rain, both things that have disappeared a long time ago. 

The gunshot wound hurts a lot.

Sunggyu carries Myungsoo on his back and each step that Sunggyu takes sends a wave of pain through his body even though Sunggyu had wrapped his wound with his jacket.  Myungsoo would’ve probably passed out from the pain a little while ago, but something is keeping him awake.  It sounds like Sunggyu is talking, but his voice floats up and down, weaving through the cloud of pain and chasing away the pain for a moment. 

The pain always returns so Myungsoo forces his attention onto Sunggyu’s voice, talking about the rain falling down against pretty white flowers. 

Just for a moment before Myungsoo lets go completely, he can nearly hear the rain. 

 

 

The voice still weaves through the air. 

“It’s called singing,” Sunggyu later tells him.  “You sing songs.”

“What are songs about?” Myungsoo asks. 

Sunggyu leans forward, so close that Myungsoo can feel his breath on his eyelashes and the answer that Sunggyu gives is something that Myungsoo never forgets.

“Everything.”

Everything starts out as the paintings of spring, rain and flowers.  The next part of everything is a song about a paradise. 

He wakes up to that song.  Myungsoo is lying on futon, wrapped in a warm blanket as the words of a promised paradise are gently hummed around him. 

Struggling to open his eyes, the voice stops and a cold hand touches his cheek. 

“Hey, are you okay?  You awake?”

Myungsoo mumbles a line of gibberish and he just wants Sunggyu to keep on... whatever Sunggyu has been doing. 

Sunggyu tries to leave, telling him that he needs to get someone called Dongwoo, but Myungsoo grabs onto his hand. 

“Don’t leave... please...”

There’s a warm chuckle and Myungsoo hears him sit down beside the futon again.  Myungsoo smiles and he is falling asleep again.  There’s the voice promising Myungsoo a paradise when he wakes. 

 

 

The next time that Myungsoo wakes it’s silent, but as soon as he moves slightly, there’s Sunggyu beside him again. 

“Myungsoo?  Can you open your eyes?”

When he manages to open his eyes, Sunggyu’s eyes light up and later Myungsoo thinks that it’s slightly strange that Sunggyu is so happy to see him, a near complete stranger, awake, but for now, he’s happy that he’s alive too. 

“Are you okay?” he asks, his voice so tender and caring.  Myungsoo can’t really answer and he keeps his eyes on Sunggyu as he gently touches his cheek and feels his forehead for his temperature.  Still, he can’t find his voice as Sunggyu gently puts a damp towel on his forehead to calm down a fever that he must have. 

“You’ve been out for a few days,” Sunggyu explains.  “Woohyun and Dongwoo were worried that you wouldn’t make it.” 

Myungsoo just stares at him, but Sunggyu keeps on talking as he gently pats his face with the towel.  “I was worried.”

“Sorry,” Myungsoo finally manages to say. 

“Don’t apologize,” Sunggyu says.  “You’re doing better now so don’t worry.”

It doesn’t feel like he’s doing better.  The room feels so cold and his whole body is aching. 

“Sleep again,” Sunggyu whispers.  “I’ll stay here.”

Myungsoo smiles and hopes that Sunggyu will continue that story of the paradise that he fell asleep to last time.  This time, Sunggyu speaks of a time of staying beside someone, promising to stay. 

 

 

It takes a few weeks for Myungsoo to recover.  The first week, he needs to say in bed and the next few weeks he manages to shakily move around the house. 

Sunggyu looks so happy and proud when Myungsoo manages to walk out of the bedroom for the first time. 

“Hey, Sunggyu!” Dongwoo greets cheerfully.  “Hey, Myungsoo.  You’re walking by yourself!”

Myungsoo smiles and nods proudly.  Dongwoo has been one of the only ones that Myungsoo has met so far, he knows that there are other people.  Sunggyu firmly kicks everyone else, saying that Myungsoo needs rest, but he couldn’t say no to Dongwoo who is a healer and looks after Myungsoo’s wound. 

“Dongwoo-hyung!”  Another boy comes running up the stairs.  “Oh, hello!  You must be Myungsoo.”

Myungsoo nods as Sunggyu puts his arm around Myungsoo’s shoulders.  “This is Sungyeol,” he says to Myungsoo.  “He may be an idiot, but he’s good.”

“I’m not an idiot,” Sungyeol says hotly.  “You and Woohyun might be scared of the things that I say, but I’m not an idiot.”  

“Whatever he says, it’s a lie,” a young looking boy says dryly as he turns the corner.  “He is an idiot.”

“Yah!”

The boy rolls his eyes.  “Hi, I’m Sungjong,” he says.  “It’s nice to finally see you up and about.  We were starting to think that Sunggyu was lying about you.”

“Yah!”

Sungjong smirks at his hyungs, but doesn’t say anything else. 

“Are you feeling strong enough to go downstairs?” Sunggyu asks. 

Myungsoo nods, holding onto Sunggyu’s hand tightly as they walk downstairs, the other three talking happily behind him. 

“Woohyunie!” Sungyeol yelled as they entered a large room filled with computers.  “Look who woke up!  You owe me!”

“You bet on Myungsoo being alive?”

A boy with brown hair scowls at Sungyeol as he forks over 20 thousand won as Sunggyu starts chewing Sungyeol and Woohyun’s head off. 

“You’re Myungsoo?”

He turns around as he finally sees the sixth boy sitting in a chair, playing with a shuriken that he throws across the room to pierce a government issued propaganda poster hung up on the room. 

“Howon, don’t scare him,” Dongwoo scolds. 

Howon laughs and kicks back in his chair.  “I’m Hoya,” he corrects Dongwoo.  “It’s nice to finally met you, Myungsoo.”

Sunggyu is still fuming about Sungyeol and Woohyun’s bet as he turns back to Myungsoo.  “This is my family,” he says.  “Although at moments they are idiots, but they are family.  You’re welcome to stay as long as you want.”

“Are you sure?” Myungsoo asks, speechless.  

“Yeah,” Dongwoo says with a smile.  “Sunggyu doesn’t want to see you leave.  He already is in lo-”

Sunggyu slaps his hand over Dongwoo’s mouth, but the tips of his ears are already bright red.  “Myungsoo, t-that...”

Myungsoo thinks that his face must be the same shade of red as Sunggyu is as Sungyeol starts chanting, “Sunggyu likes Myungsoo.  Sunggyu likes Myungsoo.”

“Yah!” Sunggyu sputters.  “It isn’t like that.”

“Sunggyu likes Myungsoo,” Woohyun sings with Sungyeol.  “Sunggyu likes Myungsoo.”

Before he can regret it, Myungsoo grabs Sunggyu with his good arm and crashes his lips into Sunggyu’s. 

Sunggyu looks like someone just hit him on the head as Myungsoo pulls away.  “Is... this okay?’ Myungsoo asks quietly. 

It takes a moment for Sunggyu to jump out of his shock.  “What?”

“Is... it okay for... me to love you like in those songs that you sing?”

When the words finally register in Sunggyu’s mind, he nods and holds Myungsoo tightly.  “Yes.”

“Myungsoo likes Sunggyu,” Woohyun and Sungyeol chant.  “Myungsoo likes Sunggyu!”

“Yah!” Sunggyu yelps.

Later that night, when Myungsoo is lying in his bed, listening to Sunggyu’s gentle breathing beside him, he remembers Woohyun and Sungyeol’s teasing, Hoya and Sungjong’s rough side, Dongwoo’s warm smile and of course, everything that he has fallen in love with about Sunggyu. 

Maybe this can be home for him too. 

 

 

 

winter::

 

During the winter, Sunggyu takes him outside to the roof when he sees Myungsoo staring longingly at the window.  Sunggyu sees him looking longingly outside one day and so he takes him out to the roof of the warehouse that the seven boys call home. 

“Hyung?” Myungsoo says quietly and Sunggyu hums in agreement.  “I like the outside you sang about in your songs better.”

Pressing a small kiss on Myungsoo’s forehead, Sunggyu smiles.  “Someday, I’ll find a place like that for you where we can be together forever.”

Myungsoo smiles at his promise and tells Sunggyu that this is enough of a paradise for him as long as he is with Sunggyu.  That makes the tips of Sunggyu’s ears to turn bright red again. 

Home is something that’s easy to settle into. 

Sungyeol is always running around, most often screaming or spouting nonsense, which Myungsoo understands why Woohyun and Sunggyu are scared of the things that come out of Sungyeol’s mouth.  It doesn’t take very long for Myungsoo and Sungyeol to become close. 

He latches onto Dongwoo next.  It’s easy to like Dongwoo who is always smiling and friendly.  Because Myungsoo had been weak from the blood loss, Dongwoo always asks if he had enough to eat. 

Woohyun hardly speaks, though Myungsoo knows he always thinking, but he laughs a lot, his warm laughter is something that Myungsoo knows that he’s going to hear in the morning.  

Even though Hoya is a bit rough around the edges, when he knows that Sunggyu is already deeply in love with him, he welcomes Myungsoo warmly as family. 

Sungjong is his only dongsaeng in the group, but Sungjong seems to protect Myungsoo more than Myungsoo does.  Even though it looks non-threatening when a young boy that barely looks like he could lift weight carrying an umbrella walks into the room, but Myungsoo learned that he could be the most threatening person.  Once when a gang raided their warehouse, Sungjong was in front with Hoya, knocking down gang members without blinking an eye. 

Sunggyu always held Myungsoo close, especially after that raid, not wanting to lose him.  He had no problem with that, happy that Sunggyu was beside him. 

No one had mentioned that Myungsoo might have to go back to his own home, but Sungyeol comes home one day and mentions during supper that he noticed a poster reporting Myungsoo as missing, presumed dead.  Myungsoo knows that he’s going to stay. 

“Hyung?” Myungsoo asks as they look up at the sky where there once upon a time were the stars that Sunggyu is singing about. 

“Yeah?”

“If this was the last song you could sing for me, what song would you sing?”

Sunggyu shrugs slightly, gently pressing a small kiss on the top of Myungsoo’s head.  “How about this one?” he asks, his breath ruffling his hair.  He quietly sings a song about infinity where everything is okay.  Myungsoo smiles, relaxing into the melody until suddenly Sunggyu stops. 

“Why did you stop?” Myungsoo asks.  “I like that song.”

Sunggyu smiles and presses another kiss against Myungsoo’s forehead.  “I’ll finish singing it when it’s the last song that I get to sing you,” he promises. 

Myungsoo wants to complain, he really liked that song, but Sunggyu starts singing again, promising a beautiful time when the winter ends. 

 

 

 

spring::

 

It’s a morning of a day that Sunggyu defines as spring where everything changes.  

That morning, Myungsoo is carefully watering a little potted plant that Sunggyu gave him while he waits for Sunggyu to come back from his morning patrol. 

“It’s a little piece of spring,” Sunggyu said the day he had given Myungsoo the plant.  “We can take care of it until it grows into our own spring time.”

Myungsoo loves the plant a lot, shown by the big hug that he gave Sunggyu right after. 

Sometimes, Myungsoo wakes up earlier to water the plant.  It’s one of those days before spring starts that Myungsoo woke up to find a little flower blossoming on his plant. 

Immediately, Myungsoo was rushing towards Sunggyu, who was still sleeping in their room and yelled happily, “Hyung!  Hyung! Look at this.

Sunggyu only groaned and rolled over, trying to block out Myungsoo’s screaming.  “Let hyung sleep, okay?”

“But hyung!  Look!” Myungsoo insisted, holding the little plant in front of his face. 

It took Sunggyu a few moments to actually open his eyes, but he smiled when he realized why Myungsoo was so excited.  “It must be spring,” he says drowsily, reaching out to touch the plant, little white petals are peaking out of the green. 

“Really?  Like the spring in that song?”

Sunggyu smiles and nods, taking the plant from Myungsoo and places it on the ground beside their futon.  “Exactly like that,” he whispered sleepily, bringing Myungsoo into his arms.  Myungsoo smiles as Sunggyu starts humming that song about the rain and flowers, pulling Myungsoo to sleep. 

When the first bud bloomed, Sunggyu taught Myungsoo how to press the soft petals between the pages of ID to preserve that small piece of spring. 

“A little bit of spring in your pocket,” Sunggyu said, smiling at Myungsoo who just stared in amazement at the little flower next to his name on his ID. 

It’s truly spring.  Myungsoo thinks as he carefully touches the soft petals of the flowers. 

Everyone is awake by now, making breakfast or getting something ready for the day when suddenly, the peaceful spring morning is shattered. 

There’s an explosion of commotion as the door opens and slams shut. 

“Hyung?  What’s wrong?” Woohyun’s voice that’s slightly muffled asks. 

“Where’s Myungsoo?” Sunggyu demands. 

“He’s upstairs,” Woohyun replies.  “What’s going on, hyung?”

“Run!  They’re coming!” Sunggyu yells as his footsteps run up the stairs and he’s suddenly there in front of Myungsoo, grabbing his arm and dragging him through the house as he yells, “Guys!  Run!”

“Hyung?” Myungsoo asks, the panic rising as Sunggyu grabbed Sungyeol with his other hand and nearly threw him down the stairs before treating Dongwoo the same way. 

“It’s okay,” Sunggyu promises, even though his voice is shaking.  “Don’t worry, I’ll protect you.”

Everything around him is filled with panic.  None of them had ever heard Sunggyu this panicked before.  Sunggyu just pushes everyone out the door and they leave the only home that they know behind. 

Myungsoo hears a yell and he nearly turns around, but then Sunggyu yells, “Don’t turn around!  Don’t look!  Just keep on running!”

He knows that he would follow Sunggyu to the end of the Earth, so he keeps on running. 

They’re nearly home free.  Sunggyu’s iron grip is slowly loosening ever so slightly on Myungsoo’s wrist.  Before any of them could say anything, there was a gunshot. 

The sky above him looks so welcoming.  Even though it's the same shade that it is always, Myungsoo sees dark rain clouds hanging over him.  Maybe that’s where the loud sound came from, maybe it was the thunder that Sunggyu sang about sometimes.  But the thunder that Sunggyu told him about doesn’t come with the burning pain that he had only felt once before. 

“No!” Sunggyu’s voice sounds so far away and he doesn’t know why Sunggyu sounds so panicked. “Myungsoo!”

When their eyes meet, Myungsoo knows this is the end to their paradise. 

“No!  Myungsoo!” Sunggyu lunges forward to catch Myungsoo as he falls.  “No... no!”

He wants to say something as Sunggyu presses down on his chest, his pretty white hands turning red, but why can’t he make a sound? 

“Hyung!”  It’s Woohyun who says that.  “We need to go!”

“You guys go ahead, we’ll meet you at the safe house,” Sunggyu orders, everything else focused on Myungsoo. 

“But-”

“Go!” Sunggyu yells. 

It looks like Woohyun wants to protest, but Sungyeol is dragging him down the street where the others have already disappeared. 

“Hyung?” Myungsoo whispers to the quiet street.

“It’s okay,” Sunggyu says shakily. 

He sighs in relief as Sunggyu gently maneuvers him onto his back.  “I thought you left me too.”

Sunggyu’s laugh sounds strange.  “I’m never going to leave you.”

Sunggyu starts running down the street with Myungsoo on his back as they hear what must be the police or whoever is chasing after them coming closer. 

His front pressed against Sunggyu’s back is wet.  Sunggyu’s pretty hands that always held his are stained with scarlet.  Myungsoo laughs bitterly, the taste of blood on his lips. 

“It’s going to be okay,” Sunggyu says through gritted teeth.  “It’s going to be okay.”

“Hyung,” Myungsoo says quietly.  “Hyung... it’s time for me to go...”

“No, you’re going to be okay.  Stay here, please...”

Myungsoo doesn’t want to argue, so he starts singing about that spring that Sunggyu told him about in the first song. 

His feet that used to be running as fast as he could carry the two of them slow down to a stop and Sunggyu lets out a sound that seems similar to a sob, but Sunggyu never cries. 

“Myungsoo... please don’t go,” Sunggyu begs. 

Sunggyu’s breath is coming out in sharp, short gasps as Myungsoo slowly lets himself slide off of Sunggyu’s back, his own feet barely supporting his weight as he shakily walks around so that he is in front of Sunggyu.  “Hyung... I love you so much.”

When Sunggyu raises his head, Myungsoo isn’t surprised to see the tears running down his cheeks, but he hates the look of pain that Sunggyu looks at him with.  “Myung...”

For the last time, Myungsoo leans forwards and hugs Sunggyu tightly.  Parts of his jacket that isn’t already soaked with blood get wet with tears as Sunggyu clings desperately onto Myungsoo. 

Just barely through his sobbing, Sunggyu starts singing a quiet song into Myungsoo’s ears.  Myungsoo closes his eyes against the tears as he listens to the last song that Sunggyu will sing for him. 

Slowly, Sunggyu pulls away, his warm breath fanning over the cold tears on Myungsoo’s cheeks.  He cups Myungsoo’s cheeks so tenderly as if Myungsoo was the only thing that mattered on the Earth and promises, “I will only ever love you.”

Myungsoo nods, committing every detail about Sunggyu to memory. 

“I love you so much.”

Again, he nods, trying to speak through the tears.  “I love you too.”

There’s a shout from down the road and Sunggyu looks like he wants to say more, (Myungsoo does too) but all he can do is run as fast as he can away from Myungsoo, not even looking back once. 

Myungsoo sinks down to the ground.  Without support, without Sunggyu, his legs couldn’t hold him up any longer. 

Myungsoo wishes that he could just die.

“Hey!  It’s the Kim kid that went missing!”

“Kid?  Are you okay?”

He looks up through his tears at the officers in front of him and shakes his head. 

I just want Sunggyu-hyung back. 

Instead, all he can do is sing that song about springs that will never bloom. 

The world fades away as the last verse of spring finally ends. 

 

 

 

summer::

 

Myungsoo stares at the white flower pressed between the thin layer of plastic, wishing that Sunggyu was there beside him, telling him that story about springtime. 

Instead, he’s sitting in that stupid desk, pretending to be something that he’s not. 

It’s been a couple of years since Myungsoo had last seen Sunggyu.  From the moment that he woke up in the hospital after getting treated for a bullet wound in his shoulder, he just wished that Sunggyu was there for him. 

“Captain?”

Myungsoo looks up and nods at the solider that’s standing there.  “Yes?”

“There’s a squad holding a suspicious van.”

Myungsoo wants to sigh, but instead, he stands up.  “Lead the way.”

A squad of about a dozen soldiers is surrounding a van, the leader talking to the driver of the van.  

“Could I see your papers?”

“I told you, my assistant here forgot the papers in the office, I would gladly call for someone to come and bring them.”

Myungsoo nearly jumps at the voice.  Pushing past the soldiers, his eyes land on the driver. 

“Solider, let them pass,” Myungsoo commands, his eyes never leaving the two in the van. 

At the sound of his voice, the driver and passenger whip around to look at him. 

“Myun-” Woohyun nearly gasps, but Sungjong must have pinched him as Woohyun winces and nods at Myungsoo.  “Thank you sir.”

Myungsoo replies with a short nod as the soldiers stand down with his command.  There’s so much that Myungsoo wants to say to them, but with all the soldiers around, all he does is wave them on.  He wants to jump into their arms and ask about Sunggyu as Woohyun starts the van again.  He only steps back, stepping away from his family again.  In his heart, he is singing that song that Woohyun sometimes sung at night. 

I’ll wait here until I can breathe again...

The alarms suddenly blares and Myungsoo freezes over as another dozen or so soldiers run out, guns pointed at Woohyun and Sungjong.  It takes less than those sixty seconds that Sunggyu’s song was about for everything to come crashing down again. 

He doesn’t hesitate as he pulls out a smoke bomb and screams at Woohyun, “Go!  Go!”

Smoke fills the air as tires screech on the pavement.  Myungsoo feels strangely calm in the chaos around him, watching the van run away from the soldiers. 

“Seize him!”

Myungsoo isn’t prepared for a punch in the gut and his arms are yanked behind his back and cuffed together.  He cries out in pain as he is dragged away.  Fixing his eyes on the departing van, he prays for the safety of the family he loves. 

A punch lands on his face and stars dance in front of his eyes as someone grabs him by the collar of his shirt. 

“Captain Kim, you’re under arrest for treason.”

Myungsoo smiles slightly, the iron tang of blood on his lips as he is dragged away.  He saved his family, that’s all that mattered. 

Raindrops land on the pretty white flowers, turning them scarlet. 

 

 

I wait without a sound...

Myungsoo hums songs under his breath as another punch lands on his battered body.  He has been punched and beaten so many times that he feels numb now. 

Someone lifts his head by his hair, making Myungsoo whine in protest. 

“How are you associated with the gang Infinite?”

I call out without a sound...

“Where are they hiding?”

I call out remembering you.

“You can make it easier if you just tell us.”

I say it with my mind...

“They aren’t coming for you.”

Thinking that maybe you’ll come back to me.

“Just tell us what you know.”

The words that I couldn't say, I love you.

“Why are you keeping so silent?”

Myungsoo manages to open the eye that wasn’t swollen shut, glaring at the officer in front of him, waiting for an answer.  “Because I love him.”

Maybe I’ll run into you.  I wait...

 

 

Everyday, just like clockwork, someone comes to try to pry (torture) an answer out of Myungsoo.  Instead of answering, he just quietly sings to himself about the days when he was with Sunggyu.

His arms ache, his whole body burns, and for a moment, Myungsoo wishes that he could be dead.  Everything hurts.  It hurts so much.  Dead is better than no Sunggyu.  

Tears fall down his cheeks and land on the parts of his white shirt that aren’t stained with blood.  Quietly, Myungsoo’s heart sings about a broken spring flower, just one flower in the universe’s garden. 

A banging on the door and a shout interrupts his song. 

“Myungsoo?”

He wants to laugh, cursing whatever part of his brain that conjured up Sunggyu’s voice. 

“Are you in there?  Can you hear me?”

‘Just a broken spring flower, blooming in my heart,’  Myungsoo sings quietly to himself as the pounding never stops. 

“Myungsoo?  We’re right here, we’re going to get you out of there in a second.”

Myungsoo raises his head slightly, listening carefully to the voices outside of the door.  If he listens carefully enough, he can hear Sungjong and Hoya arguing and Sungyeol’s voice joining them.  Woohyun’s voice is cutting into the conversation and Dongwoo is saying something about nearly there and telling Sunggyu not to worry about something.  All of their voices are a blur though and the only clear voice is Sunggyu’s. 

“I’m right here, Myungsoo.  Please hang on in there.”

The song fades away as the door finally opens.  Myungsoo wants to cry, the song wasn’t finished yet and he doesn’t want more pain, but someone calls out, "Myungsoo!" and the pain is gone. 

There was a clatter of a gun falling to the ground and suddenly someone is right there in front of him, holding his cheeks gently as if he was the only thing that mattered in the world. 

“Myungsoo, are you okay?  Myungsoo, it’s me, Sunggyu-hyung.”

Slowly, Myungsoo opens his eyes and he finally sees Sunggyu’s warm eyes, b with tears. 

Sunggyu chuckles shakily as he sees Myungsoo make eye contact.  “You’re safe now,” he whispers, running his hands over his cheeks and through his hair.  “I’m right here.  It’s okay.”

“Hy-hyung...” Myungsoo mumbles, his mouth filled with the sharp taste of blood, but that word is so sweet on his tongue.

Someone behind him – Hoya – unties his bonds and he falls forwards, unable to even hold himself up, but Sunggyu’s warm arms are there to catch him and hold him tightly. 

“You’re safe, Myungsoo,” Sunggyu whispers in his ear.  “I got you now.”

He feels so real and Myungsoo cries, glad that Sunggyu is there. 

“I got you,” Sunggyu repeats, his fingers weaving through his hair, pressing kisses on the uninjured parts of Myungsoo’s face.  “Myungsoo-yah... I love you so much.”

Everything has a surreal feel to it and he holds onto Sunggyu tighter, not wanting to have Sunggyu leave him for even a moment.  

When Sunggyu’s lips finds his, Myungsoo decides that he’s never felt safer than here in Sunggyu’s arms. 

Sunggyu whispers a song in Myungsoo’s ears, promising him infinity with the white flowers of spring and the rain in paradise. 

Little drops of rain land on Myungsoo and he wonders why it’s raining inside, but it’s raining on his cheeks too. 

Sunggyu gently presses his lips against Myungsoo’s once more.  “You’re safe now, Myungsoo.  I’m right here.  Let’s go to our paradise.”

 

 

 

Songs of springs, paradise and infinity still are whispered in his ears, holding him close and safe, and he smiles. 

Sunggyu smiles back and places warm kisses on his forehead and cheeks. 

“Myungsoo-yah.  Look.  It’s spring.”