Final.

Greetings At 4am

 

 

Spring is ending and summer is fast approaching but I'm still wrapped up like a cocoon in my comforter. The weather is actually cool after all the rain that had poured before and I remembered that the air-con was also . With this kind of atmosphere it should have been easy for me to get a good sleep but it turned out the opposite. I tossed and my bed as I lay wide awake at dawn. I stared at the clock hanging on my bedroom wall and realized that it's almost 4am. Strange as it is, I think it became a habit of mine to wake up at this time. Well sometimes I also stay up until 4 and today is certainly one of those days. I couldn't sleep at all. Usually when I am stuck like this I would play games until I already feel sleepy however I don't feel like doing it today. I'm too lazy to play games right now.

 

I shivered again when the cold air tickled on my face and finally I decided to get up and turn the air-con off. I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and headed towards the kitchen finally giving up at the idea of going back to sleep. I the light at the kitchen and opened up the fridge to grab myself something to eat. I looked at it and got disappointed at finding that the only edible is a couple of pieces of bread and a bottle of milk. I don't bother cooking because first, it's too early to cook. Second, I'm too lazy like what I said earlier. Third, Eunhyuk hyung would be mad if I set the kitchen on fire, everybody knows I don't cook.

 

Speaking of hyung, I wonder when he will go back from Hongkong. This dorm is lonely without my monkey hyung and I'm not used to living alone. The lower dorm had became dull and quiet nowadays and I missed the times when I would annoy my dormmates by hiding Yesung hyung's turtles or playing games until Sungmin hyung can't sleep with the noise. But those hyung's absence isn't comparable to my sadness when my bestfriend decides to move to the dorm upstairs. Now I'm all left with Eunhyuk hyung. Ugh, what is this all drama at this time? I think I just missed them so much that the happy memories of yesterday flashes back to my mind. Sighing deeply, I closed the fridge also dropping the idea of eating. Instead, I went to the living room and sat down on the couch pulling out my phone to play with it. I opened twitter only to notice that Ryeowook had replied to my tweet before. And there I remembered what the special occasion today is. Smiling to myself, I replied back to him typing a short greeting indicating that I remembered it. How could I forget the birthday of my most important bestfriend? I mean I do have close friends, there's the kyu-line and my musical workmates but Ryeowook is different from all of them. We share a special connection and our friendship was strongly built throughout these years. It wasn't shown at all times but people knew how we value each other, well actually its him most of the time. Ryeowook never missed a point in which he would gladly promote whatever solo work I have, whether its a musical, OST or even my album. He made sure to be my number one fan (and supporter). In gratitude, I had my own ways of showing that he is more important to me than anyone else. I guess they had taken the hint in my actions on and off stage. We even have a pet name to each other which is so unlike me. I mean, have you ever heard me call Changmin in those cutesy nicknames? Hahahaha

 

I looked at what I typed and sent it without noticing at first that I unconsciously put a heart in it. There' s nothing wrong with that, he is my bestfriend afterall.

 

Then a thought came to me, why not go downstairs to his room? He is also alone since Donghae is with Eunhyuk right now. And Ryeowook should be at home sleeping right now, he said that he can't go to Incheon this time. I got up and headed to the door not bothering to turn off the lights. I used the stairs since its easier to walk downstairs than to go up.

 

I don't have to knock because I knew the password since I had sneaked in here many times. I found the dorm so dark that I used my phone light to guide me towards the door of Ryeowook's room. I didn't have any trouble with it since it was not locked. Maybe he thought that its okay since no one is around. I sneaked inside and tiptoed towards his bed.

 

He is curled like a ball under his covers and is fast asleep. I don't want to disturb him by waking him up since I know that he is so tired this past few days. He is more tired than the rest of us. The KRY concert, his musical practice plus Sukira is all that makes up his busy schedule that we barely had time to hangout together. Well actually I was glad that we recently had time to catch up together during our short stay in Japan. We ate in restaurants just like what we always do when we are abroad. Food is actually one of the many things we love to share with each other. I love to eat and he loves to cook, we are a perfect match to each other.

 

I managed to move quietly and joined him on his bed. He didn't stirred a bit so I gently put arms around him and hugged him. I smiled to myself when I successfully did all of it without waking him. I studied his face and he looks so peaceful while sleeping. My eyes trailed from his soft skin and the cheeks that I want to pinch to his pouty lips. I chuckled. I want to put some icing on his face to prank him but I don't have a cake here with me and he would probably be mad if I do it. It has been a long time since he became the victim of my pranks, since then he became my partner in crimes. Maknaes on top as they say. It is fun to have someone who matches your personality well and I'm glad that Ryeowook is that person.

 

I had grown to like him..no I rephrase that, I had grown to love him. Yes, I love him and I had mentioned it a couple of times in public right? Ryeowook was the first one to befriend me when I first joined Super Junior and I am really grateful to him. I clinged to him like a lost puppy before and depended to him at all times. How could I forget his act of kindness to me during those times? When the other members started to warm up to me I didn't abandon him, instead we became closer than before. Too much close to our hyung's liking hahaha. They couldn't separate the two of us and it seems that the company understands it and they put us in the same subgroups together.

 

Though we seem to be perfect together we had our countless fights too. We used to bicker a lot about our age and other silly things just to try to annoy each other. Although we never let it became serious, partially because I think Ryeowook still feels guilty about the fight we had many years ago. That was the one before my accident. I already forgot what the fight was all about and I always tell him to forget about it too. But it seems that its the same reason why we never stay mad at each other for so long. Usually he is the first one to give in. I know and I understand why.

 

Thinking about all these things suddenly makes me feel sleepy. I cuddled up to Ryeowook more and he finally felt my presence as he moved slightly and his head turned to my side. Opening his eyes a little bit he stared at me and apparently he wasn't shocked to see me on his bed hugging him. I guess it happened too many times that he got used to it already.

 

"Hmmm? Why are you awake?" he mumbled. I tightened my hug on him leaned closer to feel his warmth. "I can't sleep," I said honestly. "Besides... its too cold in my room and I'm alone upstairs," I added.

 

"And what does it had to do with me?" he asked barely awake. "I want someone to cuddle with so I came here. Maybe you could make he fall asleep," I said grinning.

 

"Okay... I'm still sleepy so lets talk later..." he managed to say before closing his eyes. I laughed quietly because he won't probably remember about this talk later in the morning. His memory isn't good when he is half awake like this.

 

Instead of replying back I kissed his cheeks before leaning on his neck. "Ryeonggu, Happy birthday... I love you," I said closing my eyes to sleep. I didn't see his reaction on his face but I felt that those words awakened him a bit. I waited for seconds guessing if he will reply to me. I thought I was wrong but suddenly I felt him move and turned to face my side completely. It caused me to pull back but he immediately wrapped his arm on my waist and cuddled to my chest. His eyes were closed but I could see that he is aware of what he is doing by the smile on his face. I leaned back closer to him and wrapped him up in my embrace.

 

I was already falling asleep when I heard it. I knew I wasn't dreaming yet because I heard his voice clearly. "I love you too Kyukyu..." he said and I felt him smile on my chest.

 

And it was enough for me to fall into a blissful sleep.

 

                                                                                                    *~~____________~~*

 

I didn't need to be awaken by my alarm clock today even if I'm still lacking with sleep due to the heavy schedules I had these past few days. I automatically woke up maybe because I knew that today is a special day for me. I am kind of excited for today. I wonder what my friends, my fans and everyone else is doing for today. I'm not expecting anything grand but I just want them to remember the occassion because its the thought that counts. I reached out to grab my phone on the headboard and I realized that Kyuhyun's arm is still wrapped around me. He went here a couple of hours ago and I remembered his sweet words before. Smiling I leaned to kiss his cheeks before lifting his arms a bit to grab my phone and then going back into his arms.

 

I opened my sns account and obviously my notifications were filled with birthday greetings. Beyond all the photos of mine caught by my fans on my timeline my attention was directed to the birthday greetings from the people that I know personally. I chuckled lightly when I read Eunhyuk hyung's tweet and decided to reply back. Seriously, how could he remind me that I'm nearing my thirties! I scrolled down a bit and saw that Kyuhyunnie had replied to my tweet last night. I feel warm and happy just by reading his words because he is rarely like this in public. My cheeks heated up knowing that we had exchanged 'i love you's last night. People might think of something more if they would know the things we do behind the scenes. The members would tease us like a couple but this is a way for us to show our affection as friends. At least Eunhae were worse than us. Ours is special and our friendship is endearing. It always amuses me whenever Kyuhyun would act cute or clingy to me because of his manly image but I as an obssessive bestfriend.

 

However, I always love those rare times where he gets affectionate and craves attention from me. I guiltily turned down his invitations to hangout together due to my hectic schedule so I wasn't surprised when he was all giddy and excited when our KRY tour had started. He knows that I don't have a reason now to say no when we are out of the country and doing the same things.

 

I finished replying to those friends who had greeted me online and also those who sent their messages. Then I half-heartedly got up from the bed to start my day knowing that even if its my birthday, I still have work to do. I glanced back to the sleeping maknae on my bed and smiled. I'll give him more time to sleep since we will still see each other for the rest of the day.

 

And I can't wait to see the rest of the day's events.

 

 

 

 

                                                                                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~End~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

What do you think about it guys? Comments please :)