01

Till I Met You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At the middle of the night, everyone is already in their deep slumber. However, there is this faint sound coming from the living room, signalling that someone is still awake at this hour. 

 

"Wow, she is so beautiful in her wedding gown. No wonder why he fell in love with her." It was the voice of her grandmother captured in the video during the wedding ceremony of her parents.

 

How I wish I can be like mom. I want to be a beautiful bride too. A thought sprung on her mind while wiping her tears. Now being in an emotional state. 

 

"Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" It was everyone chants toward to her parents.

 

As the couple kissed, loud cheers and claps from the crowd erupted. Truly, it was the most ecstatic day for the Parks. The so called Love is very visible to both of their eyes, a gentle smile played on their lips. How can these two people taken from her at such an early age? It was a question she always asked to no one in particular.

 

"Dara dear." A weak voice from her grandmother. 

 

"Hmmnn..." Came her reply still drown on the scene in front of her. It was her mother who was happily dancing with her Father. Swaying their bodies along with the sweet music playing by a band. 

 

"You are nervous for tomorrow, aren't you?" Dara felt the couch moved. Her grandma just sat beside her. Worry was plastered at the old woman's face while looking at her granddaughter who is still weeping. It was Dara's habit to watch her parents' wedding video whenever something is bugging her. She knows Dara too well.

 

"Nanny Min Young, I can't shake off this worry inside me." Dara shook her head. 

 

With a sigh, she faced her grandma. "I am going to Seoul, my parents' hometown. This will be my first time to travel. I'm so excited yet I feel uneasy right now. No one will will take care of you and grandpa here."

 

With this, her nanny hugged her, soothing Dara's back with her wrinkled hands. Time really flies. Please protect my precious baby, Dara. She thought. It was fifteen years ago, Dara was only five when her parents died from airplane crash. As much as  Min Young worried for her granddaughter's travel, she decided to support the young lady. She wants her to be courageous to face her fears in travelling and this is a great opportunity for Dara to see where and how her parents lived in South Korea before they migrated here in New York.

 

Breaking their hug, Min Young faced and assured Dara. "Please do not worry us. We have your Auntie Soo Jin by tomorrow. She will be with us while you are away."

 

"By the way, Bom, will be picking you up in airport. You have her photo right?" 

 

"Yeah Nanny." Dara's reply. It's been like forever when we met. A thought she did not voice out.

 

The two spent for half an hour, talking about how Dara's parents met in Seoul. It was Min Young who witnessed how her son, Park San Jin became a good man. She never thought that her son, who was pain in the in the family turned into a good man. It was till' he met Hye Jung, I guess. As the old woman reminisced on her own.

 

Looking at the figure who fell asleep awhile ago, Min Young can't help not to smile. Dara looks so angelic. She is very thankful to have a granddaughter who is so kind and no one among the Parks could parallel Dara's compassion when it comes to love. She is not a girl anymore but a grown woman n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter