001

The Cripple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

001

 

Static is the only thing he could hear as he stared up at the ceiling. He felt so lifeless. He couldn't even pick up his own head. He couldn't move it from side to side. He couldn't see of anyone was sitting in the room. He'd never felt so alone before.

Where was everyone? Had they abandoned him? Did they not care if he was in a hospital? Why was he so still? He couldn't even move his own eyes around. Damn it. If only he had been paying more attention while crossing the street. If only hadn't gone walking through such a dark street. Maybe he wouldn't be here, being unable to move at all.

He could still remember everything clearly.

The lights coming from the car as if raced towards him, the horrible sound of breaking bones as he was thrown across street, the stench of the gasoline as the car sped away. He remembered everything so clearly. He remembered the frail girl who came running from the darkness in which the car disappeared. 

Although the girl had a mouth mask covering half her face, he knew she was worried. He still remembered those beautiful brown eyes that looked horrified and frightened as she looked ay him. He couldn't blame her. He must have looked horrifying, he sure felt like a dead corpse. He probably looked like one too. 

But she held him in her arms as she called for help. She held him in her arms while the dreadful minutes passed. She held him until he out. And he was pretty sure she held him until the ambulance came.

He had yet to figure out who she was. But he was pretty sure he'd remember her. Because her eyes were different. If only he could see her now.

Suddenly he could see something move in the corner of his eye. He knew it was the doctor since the person was wearing a white coat. The doctor must have known what  was wrong with his stillness because suddenly when the doctor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter