Chapter IV pt.1

Hate you......

I huffed out heavily, as I sped walk down the hall. Blood rushed to my head,losing all senses; forgetting my original plans and lost all sense of my surrounding. I became blinded by anger, blocking off everything around me. I only knew of the burning passion of hate I felt for a certain inhuman creature. I continued to rush down the hall when someone suddenly pulled me carefully, making sure it didn't hurt me. I fumbled a bit and found my balance almost immediately. I looked into the eyes of the figure. Jimin peered into mine with a puzzled and somewhat concerned look. 

"Soohyun, what's wrong? The meeting place is in the opposite direction" he released his grip. "And I've been calling your name for forever. You didn't even notice me when I passedby you. Is something wrong? You seem extremely upset". He studied my expression. 

I sighed, running my hand through my hair, trying to calm down. "Nothing, just witnessed something unpleasant."

"Hmm" Jimin seemed to be considering something but gave up. "Well, maybe grabbing some ice cream might help with your mood. Ice cream always helps with cooling down. I know a good ice cream shop nearby. Wanna go try some?" He gave a smile.

Strangely, I felt my anger diminish at the sight of his smile and I nodded in agreement. "Good idea"

"Then it's decided". He turned back with a large grin and waved to another person. My eyes followed the direction he looked at.

There stood another boy who had a bored look and fair white skin that can make any girl green of envy. The guy didn't respond making Jimin pout and head toward him. Jimin grabbed the boy by the wrist and dragged him towards me. The boy continued to look indifferent. "Soohyun, I want you to meet my best friend, Min Yoongi." He let go of Yoongi's wrist. "Hyung, this is the new girl I wanted you to meet. Her name's---"

"Baek Soohyun," he said calmly, catching Jimin and I off guard. "The freshman who transferred and is in the music elective. Am I right?" he smirked.
"Y-yeah" I replied, still lost as to how he knew about me and slightly shaken up by the sudden smirk. 

"I'm in the music elective, too" he responded like he just read my mind.

"Oh," I said dumbly. I thought for a second, as I felt as if I recognized the drunk-like voice and his familiar face. It soon came to me. "Oh! I remember you. You're that sophomore in class who told the teacher off" 

"You told the teacher off?" Jimin turned towards Yoongi. 

He shrugged, "I don't know what she's talking about. I was just stating facts." He turned to me, "Yeah, that was me"

Jimin chose to overlook the issue and spoke to me again, "You were in the music elective? Guess you guys can now get along easier. To be honest, Yoongi hyung needs more friends. It's great you can become one" 

"I don't need more friends." Yoongi grumbled

"But you have none, other than me" 

"Shut up. The only reason I don't have friends other than a big idiot like you is because I don't want any. Socialization is a pain in the ." I cringed. Why did this sound so familiar? 

"Your attitude towards socializing is the main problem why no one wants to be your friend and hey, who're you calling an idiot!?"

"You," Yoongi fought back.

Jimin frowned. He opened his mouth to protest, but soon closed them again. He hesitated for a short second and reopened them once again with words different from what he intended to say before. "Whatever, let's just go get ice cream". I chuckled lightly at his attempt to end the argument and nodded to his request.

 



"Roasted Balsamic Strawberry Ricotta Ice Cream!" Jimin shouted excitedly to the lady behind the counter. 

"Pistachio and almond, please" I ordered. The server nodded and looked at Yoongi for his order. 

"Vanilla" he simply said. 

"Vanilla?" Jimin repeated. "Vanilla? Really? That's the only flavor you get. Hyung, you're so boring. Try something new for once" 

"Fine. With sprinkles then" 

Jimin face palmed himself. "No. That's not what I meant". I shot him a look that implied "is-this-guy-serious?" as he gave a sigh. "Whatever".

The server quickly handed us our ice creams. Jimin went towards the cashier and I followed. Yoongi just stood there and took a bite of his ice cream. I reached for my wallet, but before I found it Jimin handed $20 over to pay for all three shares. "My treat," he smiled. The cashier handed back the change and he shoved it into his pant pocket. "You can treat me to better food next time" 

"I don't know if I should be thankful or not" 

"Be thankful." I shrugged and took a spoonful of my almond ice cream on top. It was sure delicious. I made a mental note that I would be coming back here someday soon to try the other flavors. Maybe Roasted Balsamic Strawberry Ricotta Ice Cream would be good for next time. 

"It's good right?" 

"Huh?" I looked up from Jimin's ice cream cone to his eyes

"The ice cream" 

"Oh yeah."

"We go there all the time, Yoongi hyung and I." Jimin held out his ice cream. "Wanna try? It's good" 

"What?!" Have I been staring at the ice cream for too long? Did he catch me staring? I felt my cheek burn up. "No, it's fine." I wasn't ready to share ice creams with a guy I just met just yet. 

"That so? I guess you can try it next time." Jimin his ice cream cone once again.

"So how's your special vanilla ice cream with sprinkles?" I directed towards the ash gray hair sunbae. 

"Great! The best I've ever eaten! So glad I tried something new!" He exclaimed with 120% of sarcasm. "Why? You want a taste? Sorry, but I'm not sharing" he gave a smirk as if he'd caught me thinking of wanting to try Jimin's ice cream.

I glared at the sharp sunbae. "I don't want any!" 

"Sureeee" he his ice cream as if teasing me.

"Maybe we should walk around for a bit" Jimin suggests completely ignoring the small spiel between Yoongi and I. 

"Fine by me. I do need to get used to this place anyways"

"Let's go!" Jimin led us out the store. "On our mini tour I can show you some good restaurants that you can treat us two". Jimin smirked

Fully understanding that the smirk meant nothing good, I formed a tiny frown. "Poor wallet of mine. You've been fat for a short amount of time. Rest in Peace." I internally cried. I turned to Yoongi, who walked behind me, silently enjoying his vanilla ice cream with sprinkles. He met my eyes and decided to speak.

"If you're treating us to food, tell me beforehand so I can decide on a place." My frown deepened as his words weren't making the situation better. He, too, gave a devilish smirk. "Don't worry, we'll make sure to enjoy it and help clean out your wallet." I scowled and took a bite of the ice cream. Wow, what caring friends you've made on your first day, Soohyun. Such caring friends.

 


 

The rest of the time was just Jimin talking about himself and as well as Yoongi, since the sunbae was too lazy to say much. Jimin said he takes dance classes after school and attends a nearby dance academy, in addition to school elective. It was obvious of his excitement and love for dance simply by listening to him describe his classes. He went on to explain that Yoongi is on the school basketball team. Despite his laziness, basketball and music are the only things Yoongi is motivated to do. Jimin wanted to join too but that would've meant he'd have to quit dance academy. You simply can't have best of both worlds, so Jimin chose dance over basketball. Instead he would go to the games to cheer Yoongi on, in which Yoongi replied with a "I'd really appreciate it if you didn't come though. You're such an embarrassment with your cheers and banners" and Jimin answering "Appreciate me. If it wasn't for me no one there would cheer for you" 

It was 6:32 when I got home. The house was empty. Mom has work till 8:00. I dropped my bag on the floor next to the sofa. I slumped down on it. As a habit I glanced at the table in front. On the sofa counter was a yellow post it. I grabbed it off the table and read it. 


     To the most beautiful girl in the world,
         I've prepared some food for you in case you'll be 
         hungry after school. It's in the fridge. Go heat it
         up if you're hungry.
           From your secret admirer 😉.


I sighed at my mother's joke. I picked up my bag again and headed upstairs to my room. The moment I got to my room I dropped my bag randomly on the floor and had the urge to fall onto my bed. Flashbacks of the day started playing all over again in my head. The meeting of Eunshin, the meeting of Hyomin, classes, meeting of Jimin and Yoongi, the afterschool hangout and the irritating scene of a certain confession. My blood started to boil. "Ugh! Everythign would've been perfect if this never happened. It was such a great day, except for that," I said to myself, grabbing my hair in frustration. To make the thought disappear, I decided a cold shower would be perfect for the job. So I got my pajamas and my towel and went into the bathroom in my room. 
The shower wasn't much help as I rolled in bed still frustrated. To make it worse, the shower gave me time to realize what bothered me more: the fact that the same guy I kicked in the shin and insulted was going to be my partner for music. As if that wasn't bad enough, the same guy was literally in almost all my classes. 

"Ahhhhhh!!!" I let out as I continued to roll around on my bed. "How am I going to face him!!!". I rolled around in bed and held my head in my hands. "Ahhhhhh!!! Why must I suffer like this!" I laid still for a second, contemplating on how I could possibly save my poor life. When no answer came up, i pushed myself up from bed and concluded that eating something and watch some TV would be the best way to get my mind off something so stupid. I ran downstairs and opened the fridge. I found a bowl with a yellow post it on it. I took it out. It was a bowl of noodle soup. I reheated it and found a few more side dishes to eat along with the noodles. After it was all done, I brought everything to the sofa table and sat crisscrossed on the floor in the gap between the table and the sofa. I opened the tv with the remote and went to the channel where the current drama I was watching was aired. The drama was of a girl who loved her dance club. It was the only place in school that she felt she could breathe in. The whole Korean school system was messed up. All the students faced so much pressure in academics. The heroine hated that and wasn't one who was good at school. Then her club was shut down and to revive it, she was forced into the cheerleading team. I couldn't help but somewhat relate, but for different reasons.

It was now 7:20 and I washed the dishes, then climb up into my room. I pulled out my homework and proceeded to completing them. However, with my brain muddled up in useless thoughts, I wasn't so productive. It was 8:00 before I knew it. Mom called out to me but I didn't hear her at all. It was not until she barged into my room, did I realize she was home.

"Dinner's ready"

"Oh. You're home? I'm coming right now!" 

 

I sat down at the dinner table. 

"So....". I looked up from my bowl of rice and directly at her speaking. "How was first day of school?" 

"Meh, I guess". She waited for the details, so I added, "Well I did make a couple of friends" not before looking down. I kind of didn't want to see her reaction. She remained silent for a good while. Silence got me curious, I glanced at her.

She wore a smile. "Good for you!" I said nothing and went back to eating. "Want to tell me about them?"

I shrugged. She fixed her seating posture and eyes widen, like an excited little kid. I sighed and went on describing those I befriended. Sometimes I feel like I'm the older of the two. 

"Wow! That's my child! Making so many great friends in just one day. I thought that with your attitude, you wouldn't make any friends" I rolled my eyes.

"Have some faith in your daughter Mrs.Baek. Your child isn't that incapable. Also.....your daughter......she's changing". That last sentence left her quiet. I awkwardly cleared my throat and changed the subject. "So, how's work?"

"Oh. Um. Great! It was busier than usual today but it just makes it so much more fun"

"I see. Glad you're enjoying it". I picked up a piece of chicken with my chopsticks and placed it on her plate. 

"Thanks". She takes a bite into it. We spent the rest of the time talking about my time with Jimin and Yoongi. She began to ask questions like, "Are they cute? Are they your type? Are you attracted to any one of them?" I shot down all the questions by answering that I had no such thoughts and was not interested. I then changed the topic to the overall school day. I left out the happenings with Jungkook.

"Lucky you're have a blast"

"Not really"

"Oh, how I wish I was that youthful once again"

I had the urge to shake my head. "I'm done. I'll put the dishes in the sink"

"Oh, okay. Leave it there and I'll clean up the rest" I nodded and took my dishes into the kitchen and into the sink.

I headed up stairs to complete the remaining of my homework. I finished all my homework at 10:03. I brushed my teeth and washed my face before I dropped onto my bed. I unlocked my phone, opened up my contacts and stared at it. I smiled to see the two new numbers saved in it other than Mom's number and that of her new favorite fried chicken shop down a few blocks. I locked my phone and left it on the side. I reviewed my schedule again to confirm my classes for tomorrow. Jeon Jungkook....I hope we don't share the same classes like today. That'll just be awkward. I tossed and turned as I imagined what it would be like in homeroom and especially music. Before I knew it, I drifted off to sleep unknowingly.

 


 

RINGING 


I tiredly opened my eyes. The very first sight of the day was once again the plain ceiling in my room. I stared at the ceiling for a while longer. Sleepiness blocked all my senses off. I considered the thought of snoozing a bit longer but I forced myself not to give in to temptations. Without a choice, I slammed the alarm button and slowly got up from bed. My bed hair was a mess. Each time I blinked, my eyes stayed closed for a second longer. I blankly stared into the bathroom mirror for a good minute or two before finally picking up my toothbrush and brushing my teeth. It wasn't normal for me to take morning showers since I preferred evening ones. I washed my face and combed my disastrous hair. I was finally starting to wake up. I got into my uniform and packed my bag. When I decided everything was set, I headed downstairs for breakfast. As always, mom was there to prepare for breakfast. 
This morning was a sweeter breakfast---Nutella sandwich, followed by milk and yogurt. I sipped the milk as mom began to talk. 
"Did you sleep well?"

I nodded as I took one let sip and picked up a sandwich. 

"You got everything ready?" 

"Mhmm."

She walks out of the dining room. After a short while, she came back with her wallet. "Forty bucks enough?" 

"More than enough." I finished up my sandwich. "I still have a lot of money left" 

"Just take it for now" she shoved the two twenty dollar bills into my hand. 

"Thanks."

I finished the rest of the breakfast and stood up to leave. I said good bye to mom and headed to the bus station. After a good three minute wait at the bus station, the bus came. I swiped and walked towards the middle for a seat. 
I got to school and headed to my locker. Foreign language was first. I grabbed the textbook for that class and headed to homeroom with a strong urge to ditch. I opened the door and automatically looked at the direction of the seat behind mine. It was empty and I unconsciously let out a relieved sigh. I hooked my bag to the side of the desk as Eunshin ran over. "Morning!"

"Morning"

"Foreign language first?"

"Yeah...you too?"

"Mhmm" 

My eyes subconsciously searched the room and warily staring at the doors. 

"Looking for someone?" Eunshin broke my concentration. I shook my head. "Okay then." She, too, looked around. "Hyomin's not here yet" 

"Right.....there's only 5 minutes before home room starts. Maybe she woke up late" 

"That's weird. She's not the type to do that"

"Laziness gets to even the best of people"

"That was some wise comment you said just now"

"I can be pretty philosophical sometimes, too. Despite how thoughtless I look." She bursted out laughing.

Eunshin and I chatted on about random subjects and she went back to her seat only when the teacher walked in. I looked towards the door and next at the desk behind me. Empty. The seats owner was nowhere in sight. I felt a overwhelming amount of relief that it scared me. Why am I so relieved to not see him? Am I scared to meet him again? For what? I did nothing wrong. He was the one being extremely rude to that nice girl. Nope, I have no reason to fear him. 
The home room teacher walks in, still no sight of my neighbor or Hyomin. Homeroom ends peacefully as I had nothing to worry for at this point. The jerk didn't come to school it seems. Great news for me. 

Jimin waits for me at the door, "What class do you have next?" 

"Foreign language" I fully memorized my schedule. 

"Me too! Let's go to class together!" He grabbed my arm and guided me to class.  

"Wait! I have another friend whose going to the same class too. Let's wait for her too"

"Sure"

Eunshin walks out. She gets caught off guard by Jimin's presence. 

"Hey, Eunshin. Jimin's also in our foreign language class. Let's go together. We can all be friends too"

"Oh. Okay..." she looks down at the ground, a bit uncomfortable. Maybe Eunshin's the shy type....Or is she afraid of guys? She remained pretty quiet as we walked to the next class.

Class went equally as well and peaceful. The foreign language teacher allowed me to choose a spot to sit in class. Jimin gestured for me to sit next to him. Conveniently, a seat was opened to his right, so I decided to sit there. The class was extremely interesting since Jimin entertained me the entire time. I was glad that I happened to meet him in the hallway and became friends with him. What was even greater about foreign language was that Mr.Asswipe was not in her class.

 

 

 

If only lucky remained with her for the rest of the day. 

 

 




Damn....I haven't updated in soooooo long. So close to two years...is this a record? Sorry to those who may have waited for the continuation of this story. So much things were happening in my life. Summer ended in a mess, and my school is extremely competitive so I had no time to update. But when I did have time, I was too stressed and exhausted to do so. Then summer started again and I thought I could start again. But my parents signed me up for SAT prep and I just had no time to update. I started Junior year and my personal life and academic life just went for a huge turn. My life was at its worst and I just couldn't find the motivation to do anything, not even school work. I'm so sorry for being such a bum but I love writing and I'm motivated to write once again, so I will definitely update more often. Sorry for being a mess and hope you lovely readers can be a bit understanding to my horrible situation. I also hope this time I return with better writing skills than before. I'm also considering to re-edit all this once again cause I really at writing. TT^TT Anyways, Thanks for reading and please keep supporting me. Love you all!