Ch. 10

Office Life with Bangtan Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter song: Jang Hyunseung- Ma First

Your POV

Mark and I are sitting on the floor, facing each other with the coffee table between us and the TV playing re-runs of old Running Man episodes. I've gone through at least 2 beers while Mark oppa still hasn't finished his first one. It doesn't really matter to me if we overdrink because we won't be driving since Mark oppa lives next door and if he's too drunk to go home, he can just sleep on the couch. Mark may be a player but he's never tried anything on me, he always treats me like a kid and I'm okay with that since I only see him as an older brother. There was a silence but it was comfortable. The silence was broken when Mark asked "would you like to explain?" So the interrogation begins. I don't really know what or how to explain so I replied to his question, "no." He scoffed, "it wasn't really a choice, honey." I gave him a pointed gaze and he lifted both his hands beside his head, as if surrendering. I rolled my eyes but I began to explain, or at least attempt to, "well....the guy sitting on the bench was Kim Loser, Jin. The two that walked out of the hospital holding hands is Suzen unnie and Rap Monster, also known as Namjoon. Kim Loser and Namjoon are in the same best friend group, known as Bangtan Boys, which consist of 7 men. They're loud and noisy despite being adults. Also very immature. Anyway, Suzen unnie is the older sister of one of the members, Jimin. Kim Loser likes, possibly loves, Suzen unnie but I guess Suzen unnie liked Namjoon and now they're dating. Kim Loser was sad and I didn't want to leave him alone to suffer so I went back to help him. There, you get it now?" Mark didn't say anything, so I thought he was thinking it over. It was quiet for a while longer and I didn't bother to speak up. Who knows what other questions he might come up with. "Do you....like..any of them?" asked Mark. I froze. Because I, myself, didn't know the answer to that. "No," I replied. A small smirk became apparent on Mark's face, then he pointed toward my neck area. Instinctively, my hand reached up and my hands grazed against the J necklace. I forgot about it. I don't know who gave me the necklace but I'm sure it was either Jimin or Hopie. The J is either for Jimin or J-Hope/Jung Hoseok. It's not Kim Loser because he's a loser, and I don't think it's Jungkook. I spoke up, "just because I'm wearing it doesn't mean I like him. It was a gift and it's rude not to wear it, especially when it's super expensive." Mark sighed and shook his head, "idiot." I gasped and was about to spurt a bunch of curse words but Mark continued, "I know it's expensive. Because it's from Dad's company." My eyes widened. "I guess you didn't know it was from NAUT." I shook my head. I remembered about the box the necklace came with. I got up and ran upstairs toward my room. I grabbed the box off of my bedside table and ran back down to the living room. I sat down and looked at the box, the sticky note was still stuck onto the cover. I peeled the note off and stuck it against the corner of the coffee table and looked at the box. Like Mark said, "NAUT" was across the box in silver. It was quiet again....until I heard Mark mutter "so that's who gave it to you." I immediately looked at him and I would've jumped on him if the coffee table wasn't there.

"You know who this is from?"

"You heard me?"

"Answer me, oppa."

"Yes, I do. Why? Don't you?"

I shook my head. He sighed and reached his arm across and lightly ruffled my hair. I smiled at him, "let's move on, oppa. Let's see what you've been doing for the past 4 years."

We talked for a while and I don't remember what happened after that. Hopefully I didn't try to strip, like Mar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter