Virus

Virus

Virus

It happened so quickly, and she did not understand how it could affect her when she saw it coming.

An engagement party thrown at the house of the one person she loved, and she had to witness the smiles from her friends. While she was so hollow.

That kiss Noriko thought as she walked into his room. She took a few steps away from the closed door and fell to her knees. Did he even mean it? Did he ever mean it?

She swallowed back the tears, her hands were shaking and her breath was coming short. Her mind was like liquid so many thoughts but nothing coherent enough to grasp the situation.

He’s gone now. He is gone, and I couldn’t keep him. She felt the tears leak out and then the violently sobbing started. Noriko thought she couldn’t breathe before, but as she started crying her lungs were on fire.

“Noriko…?” his voice broke through her loud cries.

She felt the warmth of him on her back and cried harder if that was possible. Her tears just wouldn’t stop.

“Noriko.” He whispered softly, “Please stop crying.”

“I…C-C…” she didn’t need to get the words out, and he removed his arms and picked her up. She cried into his shoulder, and he held her tightly and sat on his bed.

“Look at me.” He begged.

At the urgency in his voice, she tried to stop her tears and looked into Sho’s burry face. He was all she ever wanted, and he was being taken from her.

“I know this seems bad.” He started, “But...” He shook his head, not looking at her, “But, we’ll find a way to make it work.”

“How?” she said, “How, can the three of us make it work?”

She got out of his arms, her tears drying up as her anger started to take hold, “Me the mistress and Mizumi the perfect little wife.”

He titled his head with a frown, “That’s not fair.”

“None of this is fair!” Noriko cried, “We love each other, but you’re being forced to marry my closet friend.”

“Tell me.” She ordered, “Tell me the fairness in this.”

“It’s arranged.” He sighed, “You know I can’t get out of this even if I tried.”

“Maybe you just don’t want to get out-” she hissed, when he grabbed her hard.

“Don’t you get it!” he growled, “I don’t want this! I want you!”

Noriko looked into his dark brown eyes, and paused. He doesn’t want to, and he never did. Why did I say those things?

He bent his head and touched his forehead to hers, “I...” he stammered, “I’m so sorry.”

“I’m sorry.” She said wrapping her arms around him, “I know this is just as hard on you. No one should be forced into this situation.”

“Forgive me Sho…” she whispered close to his ear making him shiver. “Please.”

Sho pulled back and he looked at her, sad eyes mirroring each other. “There’s nothing to forgive.”

She nodded, “It…was fun.” She shook, “While it lasted.”

“Don’t say that.” He cried, “It’s not over, not yet.”

She shook her head and started to pull out of the embrace when he held on tighter, “Don’t go, don’t ever leave me.” He demanded quietly, “Stay with me.”

“I can’t…” she barely got the words out when his lips were on hers.

She kissed him with urgency and need, pulling away once to look into his eyes, “Okay…” he kissed her again and she kissed him back.

~2 year later~

Sho shouted, “You’re being unreasonable.”

“I can’t take this anymore.” Noriko yelled back, “How, am I being unreasonable? Two years Sho, we’ve been doing this for two years…”

“I can’t leave you alone.” he replied. “I’d go crazy without you.”

“You’re married, and I deserve better. I don’t love you anymore Sho.” She recited, “It’s over.”

“You don’t mean that.” He shook his head, “You’re lying.”

 “No, I’m not.” Noriko breathed closing her eyes, “You’re married.”

“But, I love you.” His lips against hers so that she did not fight him. “I love you…,” he whispered once more pulling her close.

“But, we keep hurting each other.” She murmured, “We’re in pain.”

“I rather be in pain with you than without you.” He said kissing her desperately, when he pulled away they were breathing hard.

“Why would you put yourself through that?” she questioned, “Why do I put myself through this.”

“Because…” Sho looked sad trying to find the words, “Our love is magnetic, passionate, fiaery, and it’s dangerous. It consumes our hearts and souls, but it’s what we need.”

He caressed her cheek, “You are my curse and my cure.”

 “As you are mine.”

They both let their love consume them, letting the right and the wrong blend, grow, and cover them like a curtain of smoke.

~THE END~