[GLITCH-HOP] Till It's Over

Empire of Sound
((( TILL IT'S OVER )))
 
 
 
 

Y
J
C
J

"Those Earthlings should just pack up and go home already."

"It's obvious they got no chance. They're the weakest link in their solar system and they know it."

"You saw it, right? Them playing around with that mute Earthling?"

"Yeah. It must be some kind of a joke."

"What a bad joke."

"With that attitude, they pretty much admit defeat. Why are they even here then... when they're not going to take all this seriously?"

Jaejoong stands outside the door with lips pursed and hands clenched. He is not yet ready to enter and face them, the other defending leaders.

From afar, she observes him. Weighing his conduct. Assessing his every breath. She knows. She knows, out of everyone here, when it comes to these trials, he is, by far, the most serious. He is the most serious of them all. His love is strong. His love for family. His love for friends. With his entire being, he wishes to protect the very world they live in. It is deeply embedded in his sound. That love, so strong. But that love... that love alone will not change the fate of humanity. He cannot save their world with love alone.

Nevertheless, she is touched. She aims to make their colorful dreams a reality. Their reality. She will do well to eliminate as many variables as she can. She will do well to take control of the playing field. Because only then... only then will she be able to defeat all odds and live forever.

She reaches out a hand and touches him. He need not face them now. If they are to defeat the odds, he must remain grounded. Forever grounded.

"What the are you doing here? Do you really not know? This area is designated for defending leaders."

I know. I'm here because I'm a defending leader.

"What?"

You read it right. I'm the defending leader of Earth.

Jaejoong turns back to the door. His eyes scan the list. Indeed, his name had been replaced with hers. "What is this? When did this happen?"

The Council had planned to inform you earlier. I heard you severed the connection prematurely. So... it's really your fault for not knowing. Are you angry? Does it make you angry? Don't worry. I'm only leader in name and functionality. You will forever remain the one true leader in our hearts.

What the is she talking about? Does she even have a heart? Somehow, he doubts it.

Now, if you will quietly return to the practice room... you're blocking my way.

For her, he must step aside. Step aside and allow her to pass. It hurts his pride... but he must remain standing. He must not let it cloud his goal.

• • • • • • •

"Somehow... it feels weird practicing without her curled up in this little couch." Yoochun seats his in the empty couch and pats her cushions with his hands.

"Noona is with the other leaders doing sampling rounds."

"I know that, Junsu... I know that... Why do you always insist on tell me what I already know?"

"I don't know... to fill the awkward silence? Without her around, the silence seems rather awkward, don't you think?"

"You're actually right about that. It's pretty weird... pretty weird."

Jaejoong marches over to the couch and grabs Yoochun by the scruff. "Up, Chun. Let's just focus on our sound, okay? We only have a few days left. We can't afford to fall out of sync."

"But when have we ever fallen out of sync, hyung?"

"Never."

"I know that, Junsu... I know that..."

"Let's do our best to keep it that way."

"Right."

• • • • • • •

"So... what exactly do you do in the practice room while they howl? Do you do a cheering dance to motivate them to howl better? Is that what you do?"

I don't know how to dance. What is a cheering dance?

"I hear you curl up into a ball when they sing. Their sound must be pretty bad, huh?"

Their sound is unsatisfactory... if that's what you mean...

"This is funny. This is really funny. Not even trying to defend your mates. Why are you even their leader? Why are you even here?"

Just enjoy the joke. Enjoy it while it lasts.

She is here to fight all odds and live forever.