chapter1 My Mistake

Overcoming
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6:59 AM, was the time that the alarm would go off,to signal wooyoung that he had to get up.

The sun was starting to set as Wooyoung made his way into the shower to start the day.While undressing, he took a look at himself in the mirror and sighed.Sighed of dissapointment due to his stress, because no matter how much he slept, well whatever he slept, the bags under his eyes, and the memories that he wanted to erase wouldn't go away.

 Many. He spent many nights twisting and turning in bed due to ''those'' cmemories.Why?Why couldn't these memories just go away?Hasn't it been long enough for him to forget and get over what happened. He remembers the date as clear as the water that flows down the shower head. The date when it all started.

[Flashback]   January 18th, 1996

When he was 7 years old

On a friday afternoon Wooyoung was watching cartoon's in the living room, when he heard the door from the house open and turned to see who it was,but then shrugged as he noticed it was just his dad. He shrugged because he didn't really care anymore. His dad would always come home late and would reek of alcohol.Wooyoung didn't understand exactly why his dad changed so much, but he wasn't stupid either.

Since his mom was a famous singer in the music industry, as well as an actress  he didn't get to see her much and whenever he did it would always be when his dad was away at work. Wooyoung figured that, something must've been wrong between them for his dad to become like that and for his mom to avoid him completely. Untill one day when she came to visit he asked her, ''Umma''. '' hmm'' she turned and faced him. ''yes''.  ''Why do you always come to visit me when Appa's at work?''  "oh,...well, because when he comes home from work he must be tired, and You know how we haven't spoken to eachother. I just dont want to bother him and cause any problems by being here when he comes home. As Wooyoung's Umma explained why, he couldn't resist the urge to cry due to what she said, so his tears started to roll down his face,and his tiny sobs could be heard throughout the living room.   ''Woo. baby, what's wrong,why are you crying?'' she took hold of his hands and looked at him with a concerned expression.  ''Umm...Umma, i want you to come back, I don't like how dad's acting.''Appa's always drinking and he's scaring me.''   ''Umma I want us to become a family again, i want you to come home.'' Totally ignoring his last statement she said. ''Your father's what....he's drinking!  ''mhmm,'' Woo nodded his head in agreement. ''Umm,whe....when.. he comes home he has these dark circles under his eyes and he just goes straight to his room, with some bottle that has this red liquid inside, i think its called wine. He doesn't come down to have dinner with me, so everyday I eat alone, and you know how he always hugs me and ruffles my hair, well whenever he does he always smells funny.''

Mrs. Jang aka Lee Hyori, paced back and forth around the room with her hands on her temples.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter