Challenges.

14 Days to find love.

After that little incident at breakfast with Hilda and Yunho, our first ‘bonding challenge’ was waiting for us.

Typical Mr Lee style obstacle course (harsh and unforgiving) while being tied to assigned partners.

Ugh. Well at least I was paired with Yasmin.

She was small, but agile and energetic. She had straight black hair that was shorter than Hilda’s but longer than Jeanne’s. She was pretty and had glasses. I had glasses too but I preferred contacts. She was wearing what most of us were right now: comfy pants and a printed t-shirt.

We were tied at the wrist and as I looked down, her wrist was easily about half the size of mine.

Damn.

I looked around at all the other pairs.

Natalia was with that Yesung guy. He was one of oppa’s friends and I’d often see him sitting on our couch with the others watching Star Golden Bell. He was nice to me but we’ve never really sat down and talked before y’know?

Jeanne and Hilda were racing together. They would be the team to watch. Hilda was really good at track and Jeanne was really agile. We would have to keep an eye on them.

Kim was with Minho’s dongseang Taemin. Aww, they looked so cute together. They were glancing around, analysing who would be their strongest opponents. Aish. Kim when she’s competitive.

Seungho and Hilda’s brother Chundoong, Onew and Key they were two other couples we’d have to look out for too.

Jessica had made up some stupid excuse saying her leg must have twisted in her sleep because it hurt so much.

How do you even twist your leg?

You twist your ankle but you don’t twist your leg do you?

Anyway, Jessica’s ‘twisted leg’ meant poor G.O oppa had to go with Yuri.

Yuri didn’t look too pleased. In fact, she wouldn’t even look at oppa cause she was too busy looking at Caitlin. No, scratch that. Glaring at Cailtin because she was partnered with Minho.

Minho and Caitlin were pretty funny themselves though. Minho was easily 20 cm taller than poor Caitlin so whenever the two of them spoke, Minho would have his head down as if he was reading a book and Caitlin looked as if she was staring at the sky.

Where’s a camera when you need one eh?

Mir and Joon were partners but they seemed oblivious to the fact that there was a race about to happen, looking around aimlessly. Joon may be well built and fast but he doesn’t really care much for this sort of thing. Mir on the other hand was doing exactly what I was…glancing around, wondering what others were doing. He caught my eye and winked. I looked away.

Ever since he tried to talk to me this morning I had felt awkward about his presence. I remembered the note that he left me this morning in his messy hangul:

Tiffany-ah,

Thank you for sharing your story with me last night.

I’m sorry I couldn’t stay with you but I’m scared of what G.O hyung will do if he found me here in the morning.

I promise not to tell a soul about what happened.

Talk with me soon, arraso?

Mir.

What was I supposed to do about this?

I had broken my own promise that we wouldn’t tell anyone about what happened. Hilda had almost scoped it out of this morning.

Grrr. FML.

*BANG*

Taeyang pulled the trigger and the gunshot fired.

Onew and Key were in the lead, sprinting with all their might towards the incredibly narrow space we were meant to crawl through. Seungho and Chundoong were close behind them in second place with Hilda and Jeanne following in third.

Yasmin and I were coming fourth and Taemin and Kim were close on our tails.

Suddenly, Yassi decided to get fierce.

Adrenaline pumping, we pushed past Hilda and Jeanne, nearly knocking my poor Jeanne off her feet.

“Sorry!” We yelled back at them as we caught up to Seungho and Chundoong.

We squeezed through the suffocating space, crawled under the ropes, jumped over the rock…er hurdles and climbed up and down the trees until the goal was in sight.

By now, my feet were moving robotically, if I started to think about how much they hurt, I would slow down so I stimulated myself by thinking of tonight’s dessert.

Mango Pie. Mmmmmm

Before I could give in, we were already past the finish line. I couldn’t bother checking who came first and who came last, all I cared about was collapsing in the cool mud and breathing.

After a while I heard a single person clapping.

“Well done to Tiffany and Yasmin for coming first and a great effort for the lot of you!” Taeyang’s deep voice sounded somewhere over to my left.

We won? Oh.

Well, that’s good…I guess?

“That was really impressive Tiffany-ah. I didn’t know you ran that fast” I heard Mir say to me.

I attempted to get my body into vertical.

Mir realised what I was doing and helped me up, dragging Yasmin up with me.

“Thanks but I really was Yasmin who did it all” I smiled tenderly at her.

She smiled back.

I looked at Mir then. His brown eyes were flecked with excitement and his chest was heaving from all that panting. His hair was caked with mud and from his wrist hung severed ropes.

I realised then that I should probably untie myself from Yamin now.

I went over to Taeyang to get the army knife.

While Yasmin was cutting the ropes, I stole a glance at G.O oppa.

I had to cover my mouth with my free hand.

He was practically wheezing as he carried Yuri past the finished line. The job was soo much harder because their wrists were tied and I bet her weight wasn’t all that low either. She, on the other hand, looked unfazed and simply jumped out of oppa’s arms, kissed him lightly on the cheek and dragged him along towards Taeyang.

This just reinforces her being a .

Slightly pissed that kissed my oppa, I handed the knife to Taeyang and went over to sit in-between Onew and Key.

“Nice running out there sweetheart.” He said to me “You too honey” he said to Yasmin.

I rested my head on his shoulder.

Onew called all of us names like that. It’s just cause he’s so sweet.

And no, I do NOT like Onew. We’re just real close friends.

Yasmin sat down on Key’s lap just as Mir walked by. He stared at me as he went. I smiled at him and waved. He did the same.

“I still you guys can do better but good try…from most of you” Mr Lee glanced at Yuri and oppa.

FREAKING SON OF A IDIOT.

Good try?

These people’s bodies are practically about to fall apart and drop off and all you say good TRY!!!???

.

“Your next session is games, so shower up and we can relax a bit after that” Taeyang, Jeanne is lucky to have you.

Sigh… off to the waterfall then…

Kim’s POV:

The place where we were meant to shower was just a small series of waterfalls that were fuelled by streams of fresh water that leaded into a shallow, but wide pond that led off into another small stream.

It was actually a really nice place.

There were people standing under the waterfall, scrubbing mud out of their hair, people ducking under the surface of the water, cleaning their bodies and people like me, who had finished the majority and just getting mud out of their toes.

And before you get the wrong idea, all of us bathe in our swim clothes.

“Hey” I heard I kind voice above my head.

I looked up, only to see Taemin in baggy boardies and no shirt on...

Oh damn.

“Hey yourself” I said back to him.

“You were really good in the race Kim.” Small talk. Oh yay.

“You too.” I replied lamely.

He sat down next to me. He was so close I could feel his body heat radiating onto my skin.

..........................x100

He bent his head down so he could see my scarlet face.

I glanced at him. He was smiling.

KYAAAAAAA. STOP DOING THAT!!!!!

“So would you like to be my partner for games?” he asked me.

I had to look up. The way he said it sounded like ‘So would you like to go on a date with me?’

Just then Minho, Taemin’s brother, came and sat next to Taemin.

“What’s up guys?” Woah. I had no idea his voice was that low. Tiffany had told us but I was still surprised.  His voice is y.

“Nothing much.” Me and Taemin’s voice sounded at the same moment.

We looked at each other.

He has such pretty brown eyes.

“Alright everybody!” Taeyang entered and stood behind Jeanne “Start finishing up now okay? Games start in 20 minutes.”

He whispered something to Jeanne and both of them went off somewhere.

In Tiffany’s words, what’s going on there?

Movement beside me.

Taemin stood up and looked at me.

“Well I’ll see you in games, partner” he winked at me.

My chest was about to explode.

WHAT IS WITH THAT!!!!???????

Minho followed his dongseang and gave me a knowing glance over his structured shoulder.

KNOWING!? WHAT DID HE KNOW!?!

I arched my back and exhaled.

Just then Tiffany came over to my side.

“You ok?” she asked concerned.

I wanted to tell her about it, but something told me not to.

“Yeah, I’m fine”.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

(A/N: sorry if things are happening too soon, i'll try to slow it down a bit :P

leave comments below and requests for Kit

consahamida!<3)