His New Friends

A World That Isn't Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His New Friends

I finally reached my classroom a minute before class was about to start. Quickly stepping in, the teacher looked up and gave me an unfamiliar look. As if realizing it himself, his expression changed into one of epiphany.

“Are you our new transfer student?” the young teacher asked as the rest of students were still chatting away to their delight.

“Neh, um…” I paused when I didn’t know what my own teacher’s name was.

“Mr.  Hwang,” he answered and gave a kind smile.

“Ah, neh, Hwang songsaengnim. I’m the new transfer and scholarship student, Jeon Joohee,” I answered politely before bowing.

Right when I introduced myself, he nodded and clapped his hands to get the attention of his students. In an instant, everyone quieted down and their attention now focused on him.

“Starting this year, you all will be having a new student join your class,” he began and looked towards me. “Please introduce yourself.”

Turning to the rest of the class, I suddenly felt all pair of eyes land on me and nervousness creeped up my spine.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Jeon Joohee imnida,” I quickly made a 90 degree bow. “Please take care of me.”

There was small chatter amongst the students, some I could make out slightly.

Transfer on senior year?

I wonder what her parents do…

Jeon… what company has that last name?

She’s kind of cute.

She has no accessories, maybe she’s from a low class company.

The mixed comments made my insides stir with nervousness and irritation. Before I could turn to the teacher to see where I could sit, a girl spoke up.

“What company does your parents own?”

I froze at the question and looked at the girl who asked it. She had blonde dyed hair with a little too much make up on. Not to mention a look of suspicion on her face that didn’t settle well with me.

“Erm… they don’t own a company,” I said slowly.

The minute I said that, everyone’s faces showed expressions of confusion.

“So you’re a scholarship student is what you’re saying. Figures,” the blonde girl looked me up and down as if implying that I didn’t look like I belonged to a wealthy family.

There were sudden murmurs in the classroom as well as a few snickers along the side. I felt my blood boil a little hearing her comment as well as the rude attention I was receiving from the rest of the students. Before I could reply, a loud, single clap was heard from my side.

“That’s enough. There is nothing wrong with being a scholarship student, now let’s welcome Ms. Jeon nicely and start class,” Mr. Hwang gave the students a stern look before looking around the room for an open seat.

“Now, Ms. Jeon, there is only one seat left in the classroom and that is next to Mr. Kim so please take your seat,” he pointed to a boy sitting by the window.

Looking to where my teacher was pointing, I found my eyes land on a familiar face. It was the brown haired boy from earlier who was with the blonde that bumped into me.

Great. Just great.

He glanced up with his usual blank expression before going back to looking out the window again.

Suddenly, there were shocked whispers rippling through the students and one girl immediately shot up.

“Mr. Hwang, can I trade seats with her please?!”

“No, she can trade seats with me!”

“I want to sit next to Jin oppa!”

“She can’t sit next to Jin oppa!”

Within seconds, a dozen girls shot up with outcries and I stared at the scene in confusion. What the heck was going on? What’s the big deal with sitting in that seat? No one’s sitting there now.

“Sit down, all of you!” Mr. Hwang’s voiced boomed over the girls and they immediately shut up. “No one will be changing seats, I have already assigned Ms. Jeon the seat. We’ll be starting class now.”

There grumbles and whining heard as Mr. Hwang said so and he gestured me to go sit.

I did as I was told but not without noticing all of the death stares I was receiving as I walked over to my assigned seat. Trying to ignore the glares, I sat down in my seat and pulled out my notebook.

She better not touch him.

She doesn’t deserve to sit next Jin oppa.

Her disgusting low life status will just ruin his perfect aura.

I pursed my lips as I heard rude whispers from the females in my class. What was he? Royalty or something? A Kingka, maybe? From the way all these girls are acting, it must be something along the lines of that. But seriously, who thinks of a boy so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter