5

Gangster's paradise [hiatus and very slow updates]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 "Gosh, that was annoying." You said as Ahreum waited for you outside the entrance of the cafe.

She giggled, "I saw. And i also saw them throw away pieces of paper."

"None of my business." You replied, "Let's head for the martial arts academy. It's a 20 minute walk there from here. We'll be there early enough to get you changed and prepared for your first lesson."

Ahreum nodded in excitement, "Yeah, let's do that! By the way, did you learn your fighting skills from this academy as well?"

"Yeah, but i don't go there anymore." You said, sipping on your drink, *Only because that was like 'fundemental' in my father's opinion. He wanted me to break people, so i had tougher training afterwards.*

"That's so cool! It means that you're my sunbae now!" ahreum laughed.

You frowned, "I feel old, thanks a bunch."

Ahreum laughed harder and you joined in too.

"E-e-erm...Ji Yoon ah, a-are you sure t-that thi-this is the ri-right place?" Ahreum's voice shaked as you led her down an underground pass, which led directly to the door of the dojo. The term 'underground dojo' was meant both figuritively and physically.

"Yep. totally." You replied, confident. It had been almost 4 years since you came down here. "Why? Are ya scared?" You .

"i-i-i'm not!..." Ahreum gulped, "okay, so m-maybe i-i am...a lot."

You chuckled.

"Are you sure it's safe here? It looks suspicious.." Ahreum's eyebrows knitted together.

"It's totally safe. If anything happens, just remeber that i'm here to protect you." You looked back at Ahreum, who was on higher ground than you because you had descended further on the stairway than her.

Ahreum nodded, but still with an ever-worried face.

The two of you arrived where the staircase ended. There was one single door that had posters all over it. Posters of all types of fighting matches. 

You felt so nostalgic. You could already smell the musty air of sweat and hard work. It was foully nice.

"Ready?" You turned to look at Ahreum, who had gone all pale.

"I hope so..." ahreum said timidly, shaking in her spot.

It was just then when you remembered something, "Warning, the boys would probably flirt with you because ya know...you're wearing this." You gestured to Ahreum's whole outfit. "next time try wearing shorts at least."

Ahreum nodded.

You were about to push open the door when the door swung outwards, only to hit you right smack in the face. You mentally cursed the door and whoever that opened it.

"That effing hurt." You said, after making a noise when it hit you. You were now rubbing your nose in disdain.

Ahreum laughed at the sight. 

You looked up at the guy who hit you, only to see a very, very, very familiar guy staring at you wide eyed.

"NAM WOOHYUN YOU'RE DEAD!"

"Oh my god. PARK JI YOON?! THE PARK JI YOON?! I CANT BELIEVE THIS DAY HAS COME! " Woohyun screamed, his palms on his face. He looked hilarious. 

He grabbed your shoulders, and looked straight into your eyes. " oh my god it really is her!" Then he pulled you into a tight hug. You hugged him back.

"Great to see you too, Woohyun hyung." You laughed.

Woohyun dropped to his knees, "I'm so sorry for hitting you on my way out! I was gonna buy drinks-"

You laughed, "it's okay."

Woohyun smiled and ruffled your hair, "why did you leave? We have so much to catch up on."

You remained silent for a while, "...reasons. Anywayyyy, this is my bestfriend ahreum. I've recommended her to come learn martial arts here because she interested!

"Ahh, really?" Woohyun glanced at the girl behind you and his jaw dropped. *she is so cute!*

"Whatever it is that you're thinking, NO." You said sternly, crossing your arms. Ahreum giggled.

Woohyun rubbed his neck, "alright, come in." 

The three of you walked into the dojo, and you realised that nothing had changed! 

Except for the blue tatami mats that they changed every half a year so that it wouldn't stink so much. The interior decor- everything- was right where it was when you first came, and left.

"Wow...nothing's changed." You felt a smile threatening to conquer your lips. It curled upwards.

Ahreum, on the other hand, was holding on to you like there was no tomorrow. Although the room was brightly lit and in your opinion- wasn't scary- to her, it was.

"You can let go now." You chuckled, as ahreum immediately withdrew her hands and looked around.

"So, ahreum is the student?" Woohyun asked you, "I was hoping you enrolled with her."

"In your dreams, hyung." You smiled. "I'll let her introduce herself to the others. Where are they?"

"oh." Woohyun started to look uncomfortable, "About that..."

He looked down at the floor and then at ahreum, then at you again. "I think it's best that your friend doesn't hear it."

You nodded, "Ahreum, go get changed first. The clean attires are in the girl's locker room. You'll see one tagged with your name."

Ahreum nodded back at you and went in to change.

"Okay, she's gone now. What is it?" You crossed your arms and tapped your foot to a non-existant beat.

Woohyun breathed out, his voice low. "They don't come here anymore. They went and did it."

"WHAT THE ACTUAL QUACK?!" You shouted.

"I tried stopping them but they said that they were going to do it and-" woohyun explained. "I'm sorry. I pulled out the last minute because i didn't want to be caught."

"no.no.no.no. This can't be happening! Why didn't you tell me earlier Woohyun?!" You were so frustarted.

"there was no use. They were hell bound. They had already decided. We couldn't have helped them even if we tried." Woohyun's head hung low.

You nodded your head, "So only you're left here? The rest of infinite went?"

"Yeah...But we have new trainees!" Woohyun smiled but it was forced. You knew how sad it must have been for him. They were his best friends. "I bet you'll like them! We have had two groups join here ever since you left!"

You sighed, "who?" The volume of your voice was so sof

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter