Stay

Stay

Opening the door to her shared apartment, Sunny let out a shaky breath, finally feeling the warm air compared to the harsh winds winter brought. In a hurry to just lie in bed and relax, she took of her shoes and saw an extra pair—not familiar—lying on the floor. Her mind could not adapt the current situation. Who was this newcomer? 

 

She walked inside with stealth and silence, wanting to surprise Taeyeon. She managed to reach their room without making any noise and without seeing her lover. Her heart pounded when sounds of a creaking bed echoed. What was happening? 

 

She opened the door and peaked through the crack. Every bone in her body broke, her breath staggered as the thoughts she had before came true. Taeyeon was inside with another person, another woman, doing things THEY should be doing.

 

With a sigh, she closed the door gently and made her way to the front door. Her shoes were on her feet as fast as when she took them off and left. With all the years and times they've been together, how could this have happened?

 

As she sat on her car the only thing she could think of was why wasn’t she crying. Her lover, her girlfriend, her one and only was inside their house, banging another person. But her eyes were dry and her heart was heavy. She drove. Away from Taeyeon and away from drama.

 

#

 

She decided to stay in a hotel for now, an hour from her house. 

 

"For how long, Miss?"

 

"Two nights."

 

The desk clerk nodded and entered the necessary information. She grabbed her key card after swiping her credit card and went to her hotel room. She touched her eyes and still no sign of tears.                         

 

She grabbed her phone from her pocket and dialed a familiar number. 

 

"Please come..."

 

A knock. She dragged herself to the door and met the eyes staring at her that knew. The visitor grabbed her hand and made her lay on the bed. She hugged Sunny close as they held each other on the bed.

 

“How could she…after everything…why…why couldn’t I have met you first…Sica?”

 

Jessica didn’t say anything but embraced her tighter. Taeyeon cheated on Sunny but Jessica knew Sunny wouldn’t do the same. She was far too nice, she was too in love.

 

"They're all worried for you. Your phone's been buzzing ever since I got here."

 

Sunny didn't move. "I don't care right now. Just be with me."

 

Jessica hummed. This was all she could be to Sunny. A crying shoulder. She wanted to be more, but she can't be selfish. She wasn’t there in the beginning, but she will be in the end. She just needs to wait.

 

#

 

On the other side of the town, Taeyeon anxiously waited for Sunny's return. She should have been home an hour ago. She called all her officemates and asked. They said Sunny left early. Dread filled her. Did Sunny catch her and...No. No. She won't believe it. Sunny has been gone for a while. She had needs. She wanted to feel loved again. But Sunny was too busy. She was right. Right?

 

Two days have passed and Taeyeon did not know where Sunny went. Nothing. No texts, no calls...she was lost. Her tears kept falling. She didn't like the feeling of being alone. Sunny was always there for her, always. And knowing that Sunny could be somewhere else...doing...she kept crying.

 

The door opened and she jumped. She saw Sunny walking in and she immediately smiled.

 

"Bunny!" She screamed and ran to hug her. Sunny's hands remained on her side.

 

When Taeyeon retracted from the hug, was forced to fake a smile.

 

"Hey," she said. Taeyeon held her hand and walked her inside.

 

"Where have you been? I was worried…" Sunny stopped and removed the hold.

 

"I had to go somewhere. Something came up." Taeyeon knew something was off.

 

"Can you tell me?"

 

"No. I'm sorry." Sunny said and walked inside their room. As soon as her feet touched the place she wanted to burn the entire thing. Taeyeon changed the sheets and sprayed air freshener around the room. Sunny wondered how much she's done this.

 

She changed her clothes quickly and went outside with Taeyeon still standing on the same spot.

 

"Are you leaving for work already?" Sunny nodded and put on her shoe.

 

"Can't you stay for breakfast at least?" Sunny stood up.

 

"No, I can't."

 

When her hand touched the door knob and she opened it, Taeyeon quickly said the words "I love you." Oh, how she wanted to scream out liar.

 

"Me too," she said and left.

 

She will still stay because Taeyeon needed her. She will still stay because Taeyeon couldn't function without her. She will stay because she's still in love with her, and because of her decision to stay she's breaking her heart and someone who loves her.

 

Jessica, why couldn't I have loved you first?


--for my ever angst loving cousin--

What more do I say? My cousin just really wanted an angst and I woke up with this plot on mind. And I share it with theee.

WenRene and JeTi is up next. Yes, angsts too.

 

Until the next time! Enjoy!