Story

ChickenKing Has Logged On

Minho stared at his reflection in the mirror for another minute before reaching up to smooth out a rather unruly lock of hair before sighing and doing his best to swallow his nerves. Jinki was en route to his house and he was rather nervous as to how the other male would take the place, it was large though it was pretty hard for someone to get around in a wheelchair so Minho's plan was to have them hang out in the basement which one could get to if they walked around the house. There was a bathroom, a rather large area to lounge in and watch TV as well as play video games. It would make everything easier for Jinki, though he was worried that Kibum would trot downstairs and annoy them both.

He in a deep breath before stepping back and nearly falling down the stairs when he felt his brother launch onto his side and hold on tight, "Your date is today!" Kibum chimed happily, smiling up at the younger who raised his hand up to massage his temples. God, he prayed that the other would get his teasing out now before Jinki arrived. 

Thankfully the other male didn't change after realizing who Minho was, there was no flirting nor asking for money. Jinki simply asked that the other be more open about video chats, which caused Minho to laugh the night before when he agreed. The other was simply adorable and it made a smile stick to his face as he made his way downstairs after prying off his brother. He had made sure to clean the basement the day before, tossing the gym shirts into the laundry room and dusting it down which had his mother teasing him as well but he didn't want Jinki to think he was dirty! Because he wasn't- at least most of the time he wasn't. 

"Can you do me a favor today, Kibum?" He asked quietly, brows knitting together as he looked to the shorter who was wandering to the kitchen for a snack. "Please don't bother us today," he pressed earnestly, his brother scoffing before waving his hand. 

"Fine, fine, just this time though!" He responded with a laugh, disappearing around the bend into the kitchen just as Minho's phone buzzed to alert him that Jinki had arrived. Butterflies erupting in Minho's stomach as he ran towards the door, holding onto the handle and in a deep breath before stepping outside. The car that pulled up was oddly familiar, which made sense when he saw the face of his classmate Lee Taemin, someone who was pretty quiet in class and never bothered him. Though he seemed nothing like Jinki, which struck Minho as a bit odd he didn't comment as he walked over to Jinki who had settled into his chair and beamed up at his friend.

Minho bowed his head down slightly to peek in the car and wave to Taemin who offered a smile in return before getting ready to pull out of the driveway. "We're gonna hang out in the basement since it's like a lounge anyway," he said, grinning as Jinki nodded before stifling a small yawn. "Sleepy?" Minho asked with a chuckle as he made his way towards the back, Jinki following behind carefully, silently thankful that there were no stairs in their way as Minho opened a sliding door into what seemed to be a second living room. 

It was large, plush carpets that made it slightly harder for Jinki to roll across, yet he didn't complain as he gaped at the large TV and amount of games that sat under it. "What, are you impressed?" Minho teased as he tossed an arm around the other's shoulders and bent over to point at the system that was his personal favorite, "You want to get destroyed in some Mario Kart?" He pressed, laughing when Jinki shrugged him off before nodding eagerly.

"Hell yeah, I'm ready to destroy you!" He responded, watching as Minho walked over to set it up before tossing Jinki a controller and plopping down onto one of the many chairs. 

"In your dreams."


Hours had passed since Jinki had first arrived and the sun had long since set as the two males were finishing up what was the fifth game, Jinki winning the tiebreaker and cheering as he tossed his arms up in the air, laughing loudly and cheering. "I won! Ha!" He yelled, turning to stick out his tongue at the other male who rolled his eyes, still smiling as he set down his controller before turning to flop back on the couch. Stretching his body before turning to face Jinki who had turned to be able to see the male, "What do I win?" He asked playfully, leaning on the arms of his chair as he watched his friend groan. 

"A bag of chips... whenever I feel like going upstairs to get some," Minho responded with a laugh before falling quiet after a moment, reaching out to gently poke the other males cheek. "Unless my brother has eaten them all already," he added after a moment of thought. The other snorting and slapping away his hand gently. 

"That would break my heart if there aren't any chips left," he cooed with a dramatic swoon, bursting out into laughter once again as Minho scoffed and slapped his arm before shifting to sit up, his foot knocking into Jinki's by accident. The male's eyes opening a bit wider as he hurried to pull his foot back.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" he started before the other cut him off. 

"It's fine, I can't feel it anyway," Jinki responded with a small smile, reaching down to fix his foot on the rest that the chair had for it.

Minho watched silently before shifting his position, "Can I ask about your accident," He questioned, head tilting to the side as he watched the other blink in surprise at the sudden question. Sighing heavily after a moment before nodding and looking down, it would be better to just say it now rather than wait for the awkwardness to hit down the road. 

"It was freshman year, my parents and I were going to get ice cream for my birthday, something stupid especially in December but there's a really good ice cream place downtown," he defended, looking up at Minho who was simply watching him speak, "Then a car got caught on the ice I guess and they skidded off the road and onto the sidewalk and hit me as I waited for my parents. Something happened, I don't remember the doctor's words exactly but this is how I ended up," Jinki finished with a gesture to his legs, voice sounded small and defeated which caused Minho to reach over and place his hand atop his friends arm and squeezing gently. 

"Well, that's then and this is now," he said with a small smile before nodding towards the TV. "So, how about you pick out a movie and I'll run up and get you your chips?" He asked before hopping up when the other nodded, walking towards the stairs and began to climb them after receiving Jinki's approving nod. 

The older male watching him leave before turning his chair and rolling towards the shelves full of movies, looking through the ones that he could reach. Minho hadn't pitied him, hadn't expected Jinki to start crying and it was a relief to him. Minho seemed to still be exactly as he was online and it sent a wave of relief through Jinki's body. Reaching out to grab a few superhero movies before making his way back to the couch and tossing them down. 

His gaze falling to his legs, trying his best to move them, thinking as hard as he could to get it to twitch even in the smallest amount. It always left an empty feeling in his stomach when his legs kept still, as though the bottom half of his body was lost to him. Jinki let out a heavy sigh before forcing his attention to the movies, grabbing the one he wanted to watch first just as Minho made his way back downstairs. Tossing two bags of chips onto the couch before reaching his hand out for the movie and wrinkling his nose, "Doctor Strange?" He asked before shrugging it off and making his way to the TV to put it in. 

"What, it's a good movie!" Jinki defended with a laugh as he leaned back in his chair, watching Minho walk back over and sit down after glancing at the time. 

"Yeah, sure it is, anyway, it's kinda late so do you want to stay over tonight? I promise I won't like- murder you in your sleep." He teased as Jinki laughed and leaned away, his eyes curling with his happiness, the emptiness that had settled in his stomach just minutes before. Minho had a special way to whisk all of his worries away with just a few words, he felt normal- as though he was any other guy walking down the street. 

"Sure, I'll just text my brother." 



I'm excited to write the sleepover!
Anyway, hope you all liked it! 
Thank you for reading and supporting!