Fin

Dumb

A soft knocking could be heard at the door and she sighed. “Man, I was just getting comfy” she whined and gently unhooked her arm from the girl lying beside her.


“Wan-ah, can you check who it is? I’m too lazy to get up,” the girl said with her eyes still closed. 


“But this is your room” she pouted.


“Stop pouting or else I’ll kiss you.”


Wendy blushed and got up from the bed. She walks towards the door and opened. “Joy?”


“U-unnie…” she sniffed as a tears rolled down her face. Wendy’s heart broke. She hated seeing any of her members cry, especially Joy. She was used to seeing Joy being happy or energetic, but not like this.


Wendy immediately pulled her into a hug. “Yah, what’s wrong Sooyoung-ah?” Hearing this, Irene also got up from the bed, concerned for her. “Come inside” she said. After being released from the hug, she followed, sitting on Irene’s bed. Wendy closed the door gently.


“What happened?” Irene asked, her hair.


“Seulgi unnie….”


“What about Seulgi?”


“I miss her…”  Irene and Wendy looked at each other questionably. They weren’t sure what she had meant. Seulgi was still in the group. She was still at home, most likely in her room doing some sketching while she had some spare time.


“What do you mean?”


“She’s been giving me the cold shoulder recently. She’s ignoring me. Whenever I try to talk to her she either brushes right past me or pretends to not hear me. I don’t know what I did wrong unnie. I miss the long conversations that we usually have. I miss the times when we’d stay up together until late at night because we couldn’t fall asleep. I just miss spending time with her, being with her...”


Wendy glanced at Irene knowingly, and the latter nodded. Everyone knew that Seulgi had the biggest crush on Joy, well of course Joy herself. They surmised that it had to do with her being casted for We Got Married with Sungjae from BtoB. They knew that it was a bit irrational for Seulgi to be like this, considering most of the show is scripted. However, they understood that the group’s bear would take it this way. The girl was emotionally fragile, despite the notion that she was the ‘one in charge of charisma’. She wore her heart on her sleeve and wasn’t afraid to show it.


“Everything’s going to be alright. Seulgi’s just….she’s just going through some things right now” Irene explained. “Just give her space. She’ll come around. I know she will. ”


“She’ll be fine” Wendy added, although it was clear that Joy didn’t believe it.


“You’re only saying that because she actually acknowledges your presence” she retorted, harshly.


“Joy-ah….” Irene placed a hand on her shoulder, trying to calm her down.


 “She won’t be fine. I’m her best friend. We tell each other everything and for her to leave me in the dark like this, I don’t understand.” She paused and took a breath. “ Did I do anything wrong? Like, what the did I do? Why can’t she ing tell me what her problem is straight up and act like an adult? What is she, five? Even Yeri wouldn’t do something like this, and she’s the youngest. ”


There wasn’t much Irene and Wendy could do. Joy usually never cursed, and when she did, that’s when you knew she was upset.


“I’m done with giving her space” she furiously rubbed her eyes.  “I’m done waiting around. I want answers and I won’t stop until gives them to me. I don’t ing care if it’s midnight or not. .” She got off the bed and stormed out of the room, leaving the group’s leader and resident snowman frozen, unknowing of what to do.


Wendy looked at Irene and saw a frown on her face. “Hey, they’ll work this out. Don’t worry about it.”


Irene sighed. “For their sake, hell, for the group’s sake, I hope they do. I just hate when all is not right with us. I guess you can call it my leader instincts. I’m here to protect” she chuckled.


Wendy pecked her on the cheek. “And I’m here to protect you, my short little sassy cabbage.” 


She received a slap on the shoulder in response. “Yah, you just had to ruin it with the sassy cabbage comment” she glared. “And the short one too!”


“But you are short and sassy!”


“Get out of my room” she folded her arms and turned her back.


“Hey, you may be short and sassy, but I love you all the same” she hugged her from behind.  She could feel Irene relaxing.


Irene placed her hands onto Wendy’s and looked back at her. “Sweet talker, always knowing what to say” she said with a smirk.   “While this is cute and all, I think we should be more concerned about Seulgi and Joy.”


Wendy nodded and let her go. They really hoped that things would be okay.

~

In her pitch-black room was Kang Seulgi, on her bed, under the covers, tapping lightly on her phone. She was on tumblr, scrolling through the numerous Red Velvet pictures and gif sets.  She stopped at a picture of Joy and double tapped the screen, liking the photo. She thought that the girl looked extremely gorgeous in that pic. She just adored her smile, thinking it was the most radiant thing in the entire world, as cheesy as that sounded. She placed her phone down on the table next to her and closed her eyes.


Seulgi missed her, a lot. She felt dumb and stupid for the way she was acting towards her. It really made no sense when she really looked at the situation. However, the heart can make you feel things despite the irrationality that surrounds you. Joy made her feel things she never thought were possible, and she hated her for that.


She hated how weak she felt around her. She hated her strawberry blonde hair. She hated the way she would bounce around the room so happily super early in the morning, trying to brighten up everyone’s mood. She hated her occasional pranks with Yeri. Hell, she hated it when she stole her piece of fried chicken a couple of weeks back. Though, with every ounce of hate she thought she had for her, the amount of love she possessed quadrupled that amount.  She loved her way too much, and she didn’t know what to do.


As much as she tried, she couldn’t ignore the elephant in the room. The reality was that she couldn’t go on without talking to Joy forever. They were in the same group; they’d have to talk to each other sooner or later. All she knew was that she needed some time.  Time solves everything right? She’ll be okay. She has to be okay.


Someone began knocking on her door. Seulgi opened one eye and decided to ignore it. She thought it was Yeri, who was probably going to talk to her about whatever drama she was watching and how she couldn’t sleep without talking to someone like she usually did. That kid had too much energy.  She thought her not responding would give the maknae a hint.


Unfortunately for her, the maknae was not taking the hint. She grumbled before getting off her bed and walking to the door. She opened the door, ready to tell Yeri that she was too tired for their late night discussions, only to reveal a fuming strawberry blonde haired girl.


“…Joy?” The first thing Seulgi noticed was how red her eyes were, and how they were slightly tearing up. A wave of guilt ran through her body. “Are you…are you okay?” She reached out to caress her cheek but retracted it quickly. There she was, being dumb again. What kind of question was that? Of course she wasn’t fine.


“Don’t act like you care” she responded, with her fists clenched. “Don’t you dare act you care about me…”


“I-I….I do care.”


“Bull, no you don’t. ”


“Joy…” She didn’t want for the others to be disturbed. “Can we talk about this inside?”


“Oh, now you want to talk? Is it because you don’t want the others to know how much an you really are? How much of a heartless jerk you are? Is that it Kang Seulgi?” Her words hit home and they stung, oh how much they stung. Though,  she knew she deserved this.


“Joy please…I’ll talk to you. I’ll tell you everything. Just, please, come inside” she pleaded. Joy gazed at her with furious eyes, but Seulgi knew that there was more hurt than anything. She reluctantly went inside and Seulgi closed the door behind them.


She took a deep breath, looking at the girl in front of her.  “I don’t know happened, what caused this total switch in you.  I thought we were fine. We were always fine. But then, all of a sudden, you decide to ignore me.  You’ve been ignoring me for weeks, as if I didn’t exist. Variety shows, performances, even at our own home. You can’t even look me in the eyes for more than five seconds.” She paused, trying to collect herself.


“We went through hell together during our trainee days. We debuted on the same ing stage together. We grew up together.  Sure, we got in our fair share of fights, but we always talked about it. We always worked things out. But now, it seems like there’s this problem between us and you don’t want to make the effort to talk to me about it. It’s as if you don’t want to be my friend. I may be overthinking things, but I don’t care anymore. What I want to know is why.” A tear rolled down her cheek and she wiped it away.  “What did I do wrong Seulgi-yah…”


“Nothing, you did nothing wrong.”


“Then why are you acting this way towards me! Why only me!” She sobbed.


“Because you’re going on We Got Married… and I know how ridiculous that sounds.”


Joy rubbed her eyes. “Are you ing kidding me? Just because of that stupid show? Do you want to be on it? Are you jealous? You want to be on it so badly? Fine! I’ll tell manager n—“


“It’s not that!”


“Then what is it Kang Seulgi?! What about my casting has you so worked up? I don’t get it! You should be happy that I’m on it. I’ll be getting more publicity for our group. I’m doing this for all us in the long run!’”


It was now or never for Seulgi. She had to come clean. “It’s not because of any that and believe me I’m truly appreciative of what you’re doing for all of us.”


“Then what….”


“It’s just that….Sungjae will be able to do things with you that I’ve always wanted to do.”


“I-I don’t understand. What do you mean? You’ve always wanted to be my pretend spouse?” She sniffed and raised an eyebrow.


“No-No that’s not what I, UGH! Why is this so hard to say” she ruffled her hair. “Sungjae’s going to be able to touch you—“


“EXCUSE ME?”


“NOT THAT WAY. He’ll be able to hold hands with you, hug you, live with you…and even um…”  


“Earth to dumb bear, you’ve been doing that with me already. I don’t see the problem. Are you lying to me?” She put her hands on her hips. Seulgi swore she almost saw amusement on her face, for only a split second.


“ it!” Seulgi exclaimed. “If you hadn’t noticed so far, I like you Joy. I really, really like you, more than a friend. It just and hurts like hell knowing that the girl you like is being lovey dovey, fake or not, with someone else. It hurts knowing that you’ll be acting all cute and adorable for someone that isn’t me. I know it’s pretty dumb of me to feel jealous, cause you’re not even mine, even though I’d really like to you to be, but I can’t help it.  For some reason, I want to be my wife. Okay, not to that extent, well at least not yet. Not that I’m not open to that idea. I’m pretty sure you’d be a great wife. Not that I’m assuming that I’m the alpha in the relationship and the ‘man’. You can be man if you wanted to. Wait what. I’m rambling and just further embarrassing myself.  I just, ugh what am I even saying. ”


“Seulgi…”


“I know, I know. You don’t feel the same way. You’re probably going to ignore me for the next weeks. I mean, it’s only fair right? The tables have turned?” she chuckled bitterly.


“Seulgi…”


“I think we should call it a night. I hope that we’re clear on things now. I’ll see you in the morning with the other girls.” Seulgi tried to mask her pain as well as she could, but Joy was stood there, frozen, rooted to her spot. Here, I’ll open the door for you” she tried to turn around and reach for the door but Joy prevented her from doing so by grabbing her wrist.


She pulled Seulgi in, hoping to place her lips upon hers. Unfortunately for her, she pulled too harshly, causing their heads to collide.


“Ah” Seulgi rubbed her head gingerly, trying to soothe the pain. “Yah! Wasn’t the emotional pain  enough for you? You just had to—”


“Yah! You think you’re the only one feeling pain here? Ugh!” she placed her hand on her forehead. “Come here you dumb idiot…” she kissed her gently and pulled back.


Seulgi’s brain went haywire. “I….uh” Joy silenced her by placing her palm in front of .


“First and foremost, I like you too. I can’t believe it took you so long to nice it. Oh my God. ” This caused Seulgi to smile widely.


“Second, I hope you enjoyed that kiss, because you won’t be kissing me until next week.”


“Wait, what? That’s so unfair!” she pouted.


“Really, after what you put me through?”


“Right, sorry. I’m still sorry about that” she frowned. “You didn’t deserve it.”


“It’s okay. I forgive you.”


Awkwardness followed. Seulgi was still lost at what to say. Her heart was pounding out of her chest cause her feelings were reciprocated. “Well, alright then. I’ll see you in the morning. We should, uh, get some rest. ‘Cause you know, schedules and stuff” she rubbed the back of her head.


“Yah, relax. Stop being so awkward” she giggled. “Even though you look super cute right now.”


Seulgi blushed. “Yah…”


Joy smiled brightly. “See you in the morning, bear.” She pecked her on the lips before opening the door.

“Wait, you said—“



“I said you couldn’t kiss me for until the next week. I didn’t say anything about me kissing you, now did I?”


“That makes no sen—“ She stopped when she saw a glare on Joy’s face. “Night babe!”


“Babe? What the—“ Joy couldn’t finish as she was ‘playfully’ pushed out the door and Seulgi closed it. “Dumb bear…” she could hear her mutter.


Seulgi flopped onto her bed and grinned.  She was going to have no trouble sleeping tonight.

End

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again guys, I hope you enjoyed it! I hope it wasn't too cheesy or ridiculous. Lemme know what y'all think! I'll update CID sometime this week. Til next time~