01;

loving you is easy

Black immediately became Sehun's most hated color after his grandfather's funeral because all he saw was black. Black clothes, black umbrella – even the atmosphere feels black.

Sehun knew that he was his grandfather's favorite – always the favorite, even though he's the cockiest, the snobbiest out of the grandchildren. Sehun's been acting the worst these days, even on the day before his grandfather died. 

He's almost not feeling a thing when his mother announces that he won't be studying at his school anymore, that he's moving out. Sehun didn't complain because he feels like everything is his fault.

Sehun hears it from his mom: his grandfather died because of a sudden cardiac arrest and Sehun never knew about his heart disease. If only – if only he knew, he would take care of his grandfather, and perhaps, make him happy once again before death finally reaches him.

He doesn't feel anything when his friends come over, knocking on his front door, bringing him snacks.

"I hope you feel well, buddy," Chanyeol pats his back.

"The most important thing is I don't," Sehun answers merely, avoiding everyone's gazes.

He departed from Seoul the next day. He didn't look back because he couldn't. And he doesn't want to look forward because he doesn't want to – everything feels wrong. 

"Sehun," the voice surprises him, making him flinch on his seat, "you're here."

It's the driver. Once Sehun opens his eyes, eyelids fluttering, he sees the figure of his driver with his hands on the door handle, peeking at him. Sehun steps out of the car, still rubbing sleepiness off his eyes. It's so warm over here and it doesn't smell pleasant. If asked to be honest, Sehun would answer the air smells like cow poop.

"Interesting," Sehun says as he takes out his suitcase from the car's trunk. "It smells like a public bathroom here."

"You'll get used to it," the driver says with a wink before he leaves. Sehun needs a moment to remember his name and then realizes that he hasn't thanked the driver – Gwangsoo? Or something like that. He chooses to step into his grandma's house to avoid all the smell out here.

"Hi," he says with a genuine smile as soon as he sees his grandma, sitting on a bench at the backyard, staring at the ranch spread wide in front of her.

"Sehunie!"

Sehun hugs her, and this time it's genuine – he doesn't want to see her being sad anymore. Last week at the funeral was enough for him. He doesn't want to see more.

"Let me show you your room."

He kinda loves it, the room. The windows are wide and it doesn't smell like cow poop anymore since the house and the cowshed has a fair distance between them. And the best thing from the room is it still has Sehun's TV and his Xbox. His grandma left him alone after a few minutes and Sehun sits down on his bed, staring through the window to his new neighbor's backyard. Sehun was going to turn around and play video games before he hears voices of people talking outside. It comes from the neighbor's backyard.

Sehun eyes the backyard carefully, waiting for someone to come out from the back door of the house. He's trying not to be seen, pulling his hood downwards to cover his eyes.

" – let me tell you, Charlie. I heard from the old lady next door that her grandson moved in today! Hmm, I wonder what his name is."

It's a boy, probably Sehun's age. He's wearing a farmer hat on his head, his eyes completely covered. He looks ridiculous with that oversized white sweater and black shorts. And his worn out sandals. He kept talking to 'Charlie' or whoever is it – and Sehun couldn't see where Charlie is.

"Hey!" he absentmindedly shouts, and the boy turns around. "What are you doing?"

The boy takes off the farmer hat and Sehun can finally see his face. He's squinting his eyes at Sehun and Sehun hates to admit this, but he's kinda cute.

"Since when did my activities become important to you?" he answers, and Sehun sees him stuffing something into his pocket. "And who are you? Why are you in Mrs. Han's house?"

"I'm his grandson," Sehun raises his eyebrows. "You talked about that with Charlie a few minutes ago, right? 'Her grandson moved in today! Hmm, I wonder what his name is'?"

"Oh," the boy blushes, and Sehun grins. "I, yeah. Uh, so, hi. What's your name?"

"Since when did my name become important to you?" Sehun asks, and the boy gives him an annoyed frown. "Okay, just kidding. I'm Oh Sehun, if you're wondering. And who's this Charlie? Is he an imaginary friend or something?"

"No," Baekhyun frowns deeper and he jumps over the fence that separates his backyard from Sehun's grandma's. "I'm Baekhyun and I can talk to ducks. Don't underestimate Charlie."

It's Sehun who's frowning now. This would be amazing, Sehun thought as his hands graze his pockets, searching for his phone. It's possible for Sehun to become a successful billionaire after releasing this thing on the internet.

"You're gonna record, don't you?"

There's something in Baekhyun's voice that stops Sehun from planning to do it. Baekhyun doesn't sound like he's lying – he sounds sincere, like a kid. Sehun's jaw drops as Baekhyun takes out something from his pocket – a freaking yellow duckling – and then gives it a pat on the head. Sehun and Baekhyun are face to face now, and the duckling is so close to Sehun's face that he could see the dirt stuck between its feathers.

"How about you greet Sehun, Charlie?" Baekhyun gives another pat on the duckling's head.

Sehun almost tripped backwards when he sees the duck turning its head slowly to face him. A panicked what the heck is going on is already stuck on the tip of his tongue before the duckling leaps from Baekhyun's hand to his face.

 


 

a/n: hi lol so this is the first chapter i think im sorry if it dont kill me