Letters to You 1/1

Letters to You
He placed his heavy, dirtied bag on the threshold and he rings the doorbell. 
 
It had been two years since he'd been home. 
 
His hair was still cropped short - he was a soldier now, after all - but he kind of missed having enough strands to run his fingers over. 
 
Yukwon loved doing that. He wondered if he would like how he appeared now.
 
He had built up muscle compared to his lanky frame two years back, and his featured had matured - a little more manly than boyish, soft angles turned into sharp, chiseled edges. He had a scar on his collarbone because of the army games and somehow it still aches, even if it's long healed. 
 
There were footsteps approaching and his heart rate quickens. His muscles were sore from the travel from the boot camp to home, but his bones ache for his lover more. 
 
"Who is it?" Was the faint call, and Daehyun smiled, just a little.
 
He didn't answer and the door swings open. 
 
"Hi," he said with a slight curl of the lip, his scars a faint white on his caramel skin. "I'm home."
 
Arms were around him in an instant and he reveled in them. Yukwon let out a small laugh, a small sob - Daehyun wasn't sure which. His lips were over Yukwon's shortly, their mouths getting a feel of home once again. 
 
He's so glad to be home.
 
His hands found his way on his body and he felt Yukwon tremble against his touch. His lips searched for the places that they used to touch before their separation and they marked each spot as their own once more. All his. All his. He pressed him into the mattress, and Daehyun had to admit that Yukwon was more beautiful that anything he'd ever seen while he was away. More beautiful than the sun rising, more beautiful than the clouds when it sets. 
 
"I love you, I love you."
 
He had craved for his touch for so long, and every night, he had thought of him - wanting to touch him like how he was doing now - longing for the feel of his skin under his fingertips, his mouth on his, their bodies moving together, always in sync. 
 
He entered him slowly, only the soft cries of his lover from under him stirring the air. Daehyun panted softly as he contained himself, not wanting to hurt Yukwon, but when the older wrapped his legs around his hips and nudged him on, he finally moved. 
 
He had never forgotten the feel of being inside his lover, and he almost couldn't believe that they were one again - they were back together. He whispered sweet nothings against Yukwon's skin as he made love to him, making up for all the nights when he was gone. 
 
"I will never leave you again. Never again."
 
Yukwon came with a beautiful arch of his back, and Daehyun watches as the sight unfolds before him. If he could, he would make him feel like this again and again until they both collapse - just to see how gorgeously he unravels as they make love. He followed him shortly, staying inside him for a moment to breathe; it was all too perfect, too much like a dream; and he lied on Yukwon as he caught himself. 
 
"I missed you..."
 
Daehyun smiled against Yukwon's shoulder as the older his spine. "And you, me. Every single day."
 
"Welcome home."
 
-
 
He still thought that it was all a dream. 
 
Yukwon woke up to a sleeping figure beside him, his toned back facing him, and he almost winces when he sees the scratches he left on Daehyun the night before. He burned between his legs, and he realized; it was real. 
 
He's home. 
 
It was relieving. 
 
The other side of the bed was warm and when Yukwon fell asleep again only to wake up two hours later, he smelled warm food coming from the kitchen. He got up groggily, comforted by the thought that even if the bed was empty, the living room's lights were on as well as the kitchen's. 
 
He stifled a laugh when he saw the familiar scene of Daehyun cooking eggs for him. Wrapping his arms around the younger's bare waist, he pressed a kiss to his shoulder, murmuring, "Good morning."
 
"Good morning to you too, beautiful."
 
They had breakfast together and their apartment was alive with their stories, laughter, kisses, and stolen touches. 
 
Daehyun took him again, on the kitchen counter this time after they wash the dishes, and they roll into the couch to spend the morning in each other's arms, contented.
 
Eventually, he pulled Daehyun by his belt loops into the shower - which lasted longer than intended, but it's okay. They couldn't get enough of each other, their hearts and minds full of one another. 
 
"You've been gone entirely too long."
 
Daehyun laughed, pressing him into the living room wall. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder."
 
"Sap."
 
By the time lunch rolled around, he was ready to go back to bed, aching in unmistakable places. 
 
They didn't leave the house for days, and he never left Daehyun's side for longer than his bathroom breaks. It was almost hilarious, kind of ridiculous - but Daehyun didn't mind. 
 
He said he'd never leave again, after all.
 
He felt like there wasn't any room for space. Yukwon remembered when nights took it's toll on him and there was no shoulder to lean on, no arms to hold him and pick him up, and he was terrified. 
 
He never wanted to go without him again. 
 
-
 
They had convinced themselves that they needed the sun, and their food supply was running low. Hand in hand, they walked to the nearby grocery store, picking up what they needed. Yukwon's face hurt from the smiling and Daehyun chuckled when he mentioned it, his eyes glowing. He always glowed when he was happy. 
 
He took Daehyun out to the movies to watch a film that he can't remember the name of - he can only recall the feel of their fingers laced together throughout the film, the popcorn on their laps and Daehyun's fascination with medicine. He watched him silently as he built his dreams in his head - a typical feat by the younger. He kissed his knuckles, mumbling, "You can do that too."
 
"Can I?"
 
"Yes. I believe in you."
 
They ended up staying between the sheets until the late morning, and Yukwon was all too satisfied when Daehyun slept in, for once - he was probably too knocked out from the night before. 
 
When Daehyun did wake up, he asked him for more, more, (love me again,) and Yukwon naturally obliged. 
 
Daehyun slept in until noon and Yukwon couldn't be more happy as he cooked both of them food enough for the two meals they had missed.
 
Their days meshed into one beautiful mix and there were moments when he would dig up the box of Daehyun's letters to him with a fond smile as the other watched him do so. He sat beside him on the bed as they both look them over with laughter and heartfelt happiness - their misery and loneliness was over, because they were together now. 
 
Now, he knew, as he slept with his head tucked in Daehyun's neck, nothing could tear them apart ever again.