Confusion

Hard Truths, Hard Decisions

Sooyoung woke up groggily. Opening her eyes slowly, she was blinded by the harsh fluorescent lights on the bare ceiling. Struggling slightly, she finally managed to prop her lethargic self up on the white bed.

The room is bare, save for the simple bed she is lying on and a small table beside it. The door is special, though. There is a large rectangular opening at about eye level, with several vertical metal bars placed over it.

Sooyoung doesn’t realise she’s in a prison hospital recovery room.

Her head was throbbing terribly. Burying her face in between her knees, she closed her eyes once again, willing the pain to go away.

She was confused. Shocked. She can’t remember anything of what had happened. All she remembered was bits and pieces.

A dark alley…screams and shouts…a commotion…

Suddenly she remembered the beautiful blonde woman who was with her then. Sica! Sica! Where is she?

Sooyoung became flustered. Where is she?! Is she all right? I must get out of here, I must find her…

She struggled once more to get herself out of the bed. But before she could do so, the door opened.

A tall, dark-skinned woman sporting a police uniform walked in. Sooyoung was even more confused. Who is she? Why is she wearing a police uniform? Where is this place? What am I doing here? Where is Sica?!

Her head throbbed even more as she tried to comprehend what was happening.

The stranger began to speak, “You’re awake.”

“I’m Inspector Kwon Yuri of the Major Crimes Division.”

Major Crimes Division? W..What? She’s the police?

Yuri continued in a flat voice, “Miss Choi Sooyoung, you are suspected of two counts of murder. You have the right to remain silent. However, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. Also, you have the right to a lawyer. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be appointed for you.”

Sooyoung was stunned. “M..murder? O..of who? I…I don’t know anything! I can’t remember anything!”

She was beyond hysterical by now. “And, and…Sica! Where is she?! Sica! Jessica Jung!” she screamed to the unknown inspector, who remained expressionless despite Sooyoung grabbing her arm and pulling.

“Rest well,” Yuri said, while pushing Sooyoung’s hand away roughly. “You will be subject to a proper interrogation from tomorrow onwards.”

With that, she her heels and left the room; leaving a distraught Sooyoung to try to figure out what had happened.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Okay I know this is a VERY short and crappy first chapter :X Sica will appear soon :)  I'm still deciding on how the story should go actually :P but anyway, comments please? :)