Chapter 23

The Lollipop Guild

Someone gently shakes me into consciousness the next morning. I open my eyes to see Taehyung. My heart flutters slightly at the sight of him, although I quickly notice the sullen look clouding his features. Something's wrong.

“Hi.” I say, sitting up, careful not to wake Jimin.

“There’s some people who need to talk to you, but I wanted to see you first.” V tells me, his voice low.

“What happened?” I ask in confusion.

V sighs deeply as he sinks down in the chair beside the bed.

“I don't know how it happened. They were fighting and I went to go see what was happening.” He starts, his voice breaking.

“My parents.” I whisper, already knowing where this is going.

“There was so much blood. I called the police but they didn’t get there in time.” He mumbles, “She didn’t make it. I’m so sorry.”

“Mom.” I whisper, my head spinning as the words sink in.

My mother didn’t make it. She’s gone forever. My father took her away from me, just like he took everything else. My heart begins to beat out of my chest as the room around me blurs. It doesn’t seem real, it can’t be real. This can’t be happening.

I don’t even notice Taehyung stand up until I feel his hand on my head. He pulls my hand, making me stand. His arms are instantly wrapped around me. I don’t hug back, just rest my head on his chest, closing my eyes.

“The cops would like to talk to you about it. Afterwards I can take you back to Yoongi’s apartment.” Taehyung whispers, his voice low and calm.

I can barely nod in response.

--------------------------------------

            I sink into Yoongi's couch later that night, just letting everything go limp. Taehyung is in the kitchen fixing a glass of water so I try to focus of the sounds he makes instead of anything else. Nothing is harder than trying to shut my brain off after today.

    The empty, aching feeling in your chest didn’t go away as the day progressed.

    Taehyung walks back into the room with a sandwich in hand. He sits down on the couch next to me, pushing the plate over.

    “You haven’t eaten all day.” He whispers, “Eat”

    “I’m not hungry.” I tell him, glancing at the food in distaste.

    “Please Nix.” He begs.

    I make the mistake of looking at his pleading eyes that make me cave almost instantly.I lean forward hesitantly, picking up the sandwich and taking a bite. I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t good. I don’t think Taehyung takes his eyes off me at all until I’ve eaten most of it.

______________________________________

I lay in bed by myself later that night. Taehyung had some stuff to do with the others. He’s not here to distract me from my thoughts now, nothing is.

The worst part about this is my mother died feeling used and miserable. The worst part about this is that she probably died thinking I hated her. Maybe if I hadn’t left this wouldn’t have happened. Why couldn’t this have happened to me instead?

So many thoughts cluttered my brain as I stare into the darkness that I don’t even hear the door open and close. I jump as the bed dips with new weight.

“It’s just me.” Taehyung whispers as he climbs under the blankets.

I slowly relax into him as he wraps his arms around my waist. He settles down and I can feel his warm breath on the back of my neck. Just the feeling of him there makes me feel so much better, so much more at peace.

    “What are you thinking about?” He asks after a few moments of silence.

    “Everything.” Is all I can respond with, “You?”

    “Oh I was just thinking about how nicely you fit in my arms. Almost like it was meant to be.”

    His answer actually makes you smile. You turn over so that you're facing him and nuzzle your face into his chest.

    “It’s going to be okay. We’ll get through this together.” He tells you, sounding tired, “She wanted you to know that she loves you.”

    The words do bring a slight peace to your aching heart, making is easier to fall asleep to the sound of his beating heart.

 

A/N IDK I am really just not feeling this story anymore. I'm sorry. I will complete it but updates won't be as frequent as I would like them to be. Please tell me if I should keep updating this. I really want to finish this. I hope you enjoy!