003

New Approach

Cheol

"So.. you're saying that there's no way out?" Jihoon asked, eyes widened.

"Yup. They have pretty tight security. Not even the best hacker can get into the system."

Jihoon nodded, then said, "Have you ever tried hacking?"

Seungcheol shook his head. "I do take computer classes, but I'm not that good with the HTML and everything yet."

"You're probably better than me," Jihoon shrugged.

"What were you before you came.. here?"

"Don't tell, but I was a computer hacker," Jihoon whispered silently.

Now it was time for Seungcheol's jaw to drop. "Really?!"

"Keep it down! Yes. The last thing I remembered was hacking into the government's system. And poof, I came here."

"Damn, you sound pretty bad for a small guy like you."

"Size doesn't determine anyone's level of badass-ness," Jihoon lectured.

The older male chuckled. "Yeah, I was joking. Sorry. But hey, are you planning to take computer classes?"

"Nah, I was thinking about cooking classes!"

Seungcheol thought that it was a bit strange for a former computer hacker to take cooking classes. He shrugged. "Whatever floats your boat."

"Can you give me a tour? Like I don't know where I am at the moment."

"Oh! Sorry," Seungcheol apologized. 

He spread his arms wide around the crowded room. "This is the Main Room. Many people from the outside world enter here. We also just like to hang out here because the radio is always playing."

Seungcheol tapped on the white, lit-up plastic chair. "This is a chair."

"Haha. Very funny."

The older one hopped off his chair and lead the newbie to an even crowded room. It had the same white walls as the one in the Main Room but with two black stripes running along them. The place was lit up and the white nearly  blinded him. It reminded Jihoon of a sanitized cafeteria in prison. People wore in suits as they held black trays and were in line at different stations as if it was a buffet.

The tables and chairs were just like the ones in the other room: white, plastic, and glowing. This place seemed like it was the twenty-fifth century. Everything was high-tech and advanced. There were even robots as janitors.

Seungcheol had a silly smile glued onto his face. "This, is the cafeteria. My favorite place in the world. If you're planning to take cooking classes, you'll end up working in here."

"I wonder how they make the food.. it all looks so healthy and delicious," Jihoon said in awe. He was impressed on how this community ran their food supply and production.

"That's because it is healthy and delicious. Everything is made from organic foods; everything is made from startch. There aren't any processed foods, unless it has to be processed for it to be edible. But yeah, otherwise, everything's fresh."

The two moved on and walked toward a smaller dobule glass door. Jihoon spotted green grass and plants. Did this lead to the outside?

On their way to the door, Seungcheol bumped into someone as he was trying to squeeze through the crowd. 

"Hey watc-"

The sound of a broken plate shattered onto the ground.

Seungcheol watched the plate fall to its sad fate and looked up in shock. How can somebody be so clumsy and careless? Even if he did accidentally bumped into them, they should have clung onto the plate for their dear life!

Several people around them stared, but most of the people didn't seem to take notice.

The male looked up and met eyes with a black haired boy with eyes of jewels. It was as if he was a spawn of the Devil because his eyes, aura, everything about him seemed dark even with the white jumpsuit on. The black stripes that started from his collar and extended down from the side of his body seemed even blacker.

"See what you made me do!" the male growled.

Seungcheol took a step back, not expecting him to be so fierce.

The taller male behind him tried to calm him down. "Wonwoo! It was an accident. We should clean this up and forget about it."

 

Soonyoung

Soonyoung stared at his new notebook filled with information about chemical reactions in several medicines that were known to be abused, most of them being common painkillers. He spent two hours filling information in that he had in his mind, notes, and books. It was an abundant amount of information, and Soonyoung made sure to organize it well. 

Thankfully, Soonyoung was moved to a new room, that was buit for a person who loved to do chemistry experiments, after chosen his class. All he needed was a small bed in the corner, and the leftover space was for experimenting and creating medicine. He had the materials, the protection, and even an eyewash station. All he needed were the manufactured drugs and the medicine itself, to study from, so that he could start experimenting right away.

The only way to obtain the drugs was from his classroom, but that would be tricky since security is everywhere. (Thankfully, there were no cameras in the room, otherwise he'd be under suspicion right now). He needed someone sneaky, or specifically, someone that's good with computers to hack into the system and turn off the cameras. Soonyoung wondered if Ninja class exsited, but most likely not. Maybe he needed someone who was strong enough to take down the guards quietly.

Soonyoung didn't have that many friends outside of his class, and he was bound to make new ones.

He made sure to clean up his area just in case if some cheater from his class decided to break in and steal his notes. They can possibly take the wrong notes and turn him in. Soonyoung hid his notebook where no one would ever think to look: his suit cover that had his lab coat and class uniform in. Soonyoung had multiple suit covers, and hid it near toward the end of the right. 

The notes sat in between a bunch of other suit covers with notebooks inside of them. Even if the intruder breaks in, they'll be reading continuous  journal entries from Soonyoung about his made-up secrets and life.

Soonyoung closed his closet door and walked out of the room to the cafeteria to get some food.

 

Wonwoo

Wonwoo stared back aggressively at the male, drilling holes into his eyes. The oblivious male didn't seem to take notice and let out a small laugh.

"Sorry man, I should watch where I was going."

"Sorry," Mingyu apologized, "he has a really short temper."

Wonwoo hushed Mingyu, believing that he didn't need to apologize.

"Whatever," Wonwoo said, brushing it off.

Mingyu began crouching down and was about to touch the shards of glass, but Wonwoo grabbed Mingyu's wrist just in time.

"Don't. You'll hurt yourself. I'll call a janitor over here, and we'll leave."

While the janitor was cleaning up the mess, Wonwoo turned around and walked out of the cafeteria, not looking back.

Mingyu caught up with him soon after and rested his hand on his shoulder. "Hey man, you okay?"

"I'm over it. I'm just glad it was the last plate we had, and we didn't have any food on there."

"True. Hey, what do you wanna do now?"

Wonwoo shrugged. "I kinda just want to go to my room and cool off."

"Oh, okay. I'll be in the Weight Room figuring out how to work a few machines." Mingyu chuckled and waved, walking the opposite direction from Wonwoo.

"Bye," Wonwoo waved.

He continued walking to the direction toward the Men's Dorms. He counted the room numbers as he walked past the blank white doors with golden numbers nailed onto them.

324.. 325.. 326.. 327.

Wonwoo slid his ID card on the card scanner and punched in his code number.

Click.

Wonwoo locked the door behind him and tossed his card and necklace onto the bed. He opened his closet door, grabbed a new white suit, and he headed to the bathroom.

He planned to take a shower to cool his steam off.

 

Minghao

Minghao stared intensely at a glass of water that rested on top of his table. Did he crave it? Did it make his mouth dry after two weeks without drinking anything? Did his brain ask for it?

Strangely, no.

Minghao theorized that maybe his thirst was quenched whenever he took a shower. Maybe that was enough water supply for him throughout the whole day.

What would happen if Minghao drank water? Maybe it would activate Minghao's Symbol, and that would make him shoot water out from his fingertips! 

Minghao decided to find out. After thirty seconds, Minghao downed a bottle. 

He did feel stronger, but nothing changed. His Symbol didn't glow, water didn't come shooting out of his fingertips.

"Dang it," the male muttered, tossing the water bottle into a recycle bin.

He decided to take a walk around the swimming pool, where all the hot girls hung out at.

Too bad nobody was allowed to reveal skin in this place. It was up to wrists, ankles, and neck. There was no need for one to take off their suit because the whole place was air-conditioned which greatly disappointed Minghao.

Minghao didn't own a swimsuit (which was basically a black jumpsuit with white stripes) because he was never really fond of swimming. His traumas from his childhood were stopping his foot from touching the deep end of the pool. 

Because he felt stronger ever since he drank that bottle, Minghao decided to attempt to face his fear today. He walked around the perimeter of the pool at a safe distance. He enjoyed the view of the huge swimming pool and the splashes and laughter from people. He spotted different kinds of tropical drinks and noticed that there was an avacado tree growing in the far corner of the swimming pool. Minghao thought that was pretty bizarre.

The poor boy was too focused on the avacado tree that he didn't see two females trying to get out of his way. One female missed a step and nearly fell on her bottom which startled Minghao, causing him to jump out of the way and into the deep end of the pool.

Stupid move.

Minghao flailed his arms and legs as he began sinking in the water. In the moment of panic, it made him forget how to swim. He opened his mouth and called for help, and water rushed to his lungs.