Practise

Elements
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“The heir to our people?” Tiffany asked in shock.

“Neh we have a whole kingdom of those who can control the elements. We live among regular people abiding by their laws and our laws as well.” The headmistress said.

“What laws are these?” Tiffany asked confusedly.

“I will explain later but they basically set down how we can and cannot use our powers. Misuse of our powers can lead to devastating consequences.” The headmistress replied calmly. The bell rang a second after she finished the sentence and she turned to everyone and said “I want you guys to eat together. You’ll be spending a lot of time together so it’s best if you got to know one another.”

She gracefully floated out of the training hall leaving the others feeling a little awkward. Onew and Taeyeon were getting on surprisingly well, Donghae and Jessica were not getting along so well seeing as Jessica kept shooting him threatening, icy glares and Siwon and Tiffany were in a whole other dimension of awkward.

“So shall we go get food before the cafeteria fills up?” Taeyeon asked smiling. They all nodded and headed off to the hall. They walked up to the cafeteria and grabbed some food before sitting near the window. Tiffany ate her food quietly and stared outside the window. Focusing on beautiful butterflies fluttering past she sighed contentedly before turning back to the table.

Siwon was sat in front of her so she decided to make some small talk.

“So Siwon-ssi how do you get so good at sword fighting?” she asked casually. He stopped eating in shock that someone was talking to him. He recovered quickly and just said:

“Practise.” Tiffany felt awkward with the one word answer so she tried again.

“Do you just fight with swords or can you fight with other weapons too?”

“I just fight with a sword mainly. I can fight with others but I don’t.”

“Oh okay.” Tiffany said quietly. She was going to make one more attempt to talk when he interrupted her.

“Why are you talking to me?” He asked rudely.

“I thought we were friends.” She said happily whilst smiling. Siwon’s scowl was replaced with a look of shock as she smiled.

“Unnie your smile is so pretty!” Yuri gasped.

“Mwoh? What does my smile look like?” Tiffany asked. She had never had a reason to smile back home so she had never seen it. Yuri summoned a circle of water and held it out to her so she could see her reflection. Tiffany noticed her eyes forming crescent shapes that were charming and cute.

“It’s a very unique smile Tiff.” Taeyeon said kindly.

“Kamsahabnida unnie.” Tiffany said shyly.

“Yah Siwon what’s with the scowl? Don’t you think her smile is pretty?” Onew asked. They all turned to look at a scowling Siwon who stood up and marched off silently.

“What was that about?” Donghae asked.

“I don’t know; I’ve never seen him like this.” Sooyoung admitted curiously.

They finished their lunch and headed to their next lessons which to Tiffany; flew by in a blur. She didn’t even remember concentrating. As her and Taeyeon headed back to their dorm Taeyeon asked:

“Are you ok you seem quiet?”

“Neh I’m fine I’m just antic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter