Final Clue

Elements
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tiffany took cautious steps down the stairs and came to the entrance of the maze. The walls were 10 feet tall and made of grey stone. She could see faded scorch marks on the walls and horrible images flashed through her head. Shaking them off nervously she took her first steps into the maze. She didn’t know what to do or which way to turn.

Taking a right she started to walk through the maze taking random turns but soon found she was walking round in circles. She came to the same dead end time after time after time again.

“Ugh what shall I do?” She wondered out loud in despair. A light bulb suddenly flashed in her head and she started to scratch small crosses in the walls that she passed. She now knew where she had already been and started to make marks accordingly. As she headed deeper and deeper into the maze she started to see strange things. Dark splatters on the wall that looked suspiciously like dried blood, scratch marks on the wall that looked like they were made by human hands.

“What has happened here?” She muttered tracing her fingertips over the marks. She suddenly felt a chill go up her spine and she wrapped her arms around herself. She carried on walking forward when she heard a strange growling. Stopping for a second she looked around quickly. Cautiously she started to take a few steps forward and away from the growling sound when it grew louder.

Something was coming. It was coming quickly.

She could hear the footsteps growing louder and louder.

Tiffany’s feet were froze on the spot; her feet weren’t responding to the commands of her brain. All she could see was the shadow looming closer and closer to her. Her mind had gone completely blank; she didn’t know what to do. Run and hide? Or wait and see what it is?

A wolf.

Larger than any other she’d ever seen before; the sheer size of the wolf dwarfed her. With grey fur that shimmered even in the dim lamp light it made him look mysterious and enchanting. His nose was sniffing and snuffling seeking out his prey. But the eyes were the strangest part. Instead of slits of cold anger they were wide and open like two full moons. And just like the moon they had gentleness about them that Tiffany could not ignore.

So she didn’t run. But she didn’t fight either.

She started to take slow steps towards the wolf and slowly lifted up her arm to reach her hand out to the wolf. The wolf snarled and spat at her but she continued to walk slowly towards it. Once she was close enough the wolf leant back on its paws ready to pounce, aiming for the kill but Tiffany still continued to walk forward. She laid her hand softly on the snout of the wolf. The wolf froze and didn’t pounce on her; it didn’t even move.

“You’re not so bad are you? You’re not going to hurt me.” Tiffany said softly.  When the wolf didn’t respond Tiffany lowered her hand. The wolf immediately kneeled down placed it’s snout under her palm again. Tiffany smiled widely and began to it more confidently.

“I knew it! You’re just a big softie aren’t you?” She cooed as she the wolf. She leant down and kissed the wolf on its nose. To her surprise the wolf’s eyes went blood-red. It seemed to start to leak blood out of every orifice and she stumbled back in horror. The wolf skin fell to the floor and out of it rose a white ghost.

He was a young man wide a small but handsome face. The eyes were the same though and were just as wide and captivating. He surveyed Tiffany for a second before bowing t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter