Nightingale

Nightingale

 

got the photos from this site https://www.tumblr.com/search/best%20scene%20of%20the%20drama

For the setting, just think of a olden times chaotic European setting. or any place hehe 

 

The Country of Rian was once a prosperous and peaceful country. But after a series of murders of the country’s leaders, Rian was struck with terror and chaos. Led by State Councillors and City Governors, the country was one of the rischest and strongest country in the whole continent. Until recently, City Governors and State Councillors were being murdered one by one. Noone has ever caught the culprit. People say it was a shadow… the shadow with a mask that attacks the City Governors and State Councillors at night.

Without a leader, cities were crippled. With everyone wanting to take power, the peaceful and organized cities turned into chaos. Arguments turned into Fights. Fights lead to Death. Death gave birth to Revenge. And soon it’s chaos. The never ending cycle of terror that filled the hearts with terror and fear and to some greed and thirst for power.

Some people whose hearts have been filled with greed for power took advantage of the situation and formed “The Alliance” to create their own sovereign. They wanted to overthrow the current government and take over the whole country to reign with terror.

The General’s Army is tasked to stop the anything that threatens the country. The General’s Army are trying to stop the The Alliance from their plans. Despite all negotiation attempts, war began between the The Alliance and the Army. All this was because of the masked shadow which later on dubbed as the Masked Menace. With the Masked Menace around, the army has put forces to keep the remaining City Governors and State Councillors safe.

No one has ever caught the Masked Menace. No one has ever seen the Masked Menace. It’s an urban legend. To some, the Mask Menace is a member of The Alliance. Some say that the Masked Menace works alone. But Park Jiyeon doesn’t care. To her, the Masked Menace is a moster. The monster that killed her father… The monster she will kill herself…

Park Jiyeon is the only daughter of Governor Park. He was a man loved by the people. One night, the bells rang throughout the city. It was in the middle of the night and Jiyeon was woken up by the emergency alert. The guard outside warned her never to get out of the room. She didn’t ask further sensing the danger from the guard’s warning. She looked outside the window and saw a shadow jumping through the roofs like it was the easiest thing to do. She looked down and saw the guards are running around in chaos. Soon her mother came to her room and hugged her telling her that her Appa is gone.

News spread the next morning. The whole city was devastated by the news. News spread that the culprit is the “Shadow with a Mask”. The following weeks, other city governors were murdered by the Shadow with a Mask. Terror struck the citizens. The Shadow with a Mask is now known as the Masked Menace who brought chaos to the hearts of the innocent.

--

The attacker put all her might in a massive punch. But the more senior fighter knew what was coming and evaded the mighty punch of the attacker. The attacker stumbled on the ground. Noone would ever want to be the receiver of that punch.

“Being bright and talented is not enough!”  The more senior fighter said.

The remark only angered the attacker so she attacks once more only to be sent back to the ground.

“As might alone cannot be enough.” The senior fighter continued. The younger fighter was going for another attack but the senior fighter stopped it and kept the younger fighter on the ground. “It takes discipline and training. You want me send you to war? You’ll be dead in a blink of an eye.” The senior fighter, Ham Eunjung, finished before leaving the younger fighter alone inside the training room.

Ham Eunjung is one of the officers of the Elite Guards from the General’s Army. Being in the General’s Army will bring pride not only to his family but to his whole city. The Elite Guards is simply put the best of the best fighters.  

Park Jiyeon, the young fighter slams the mat frustrated and angry that she lost yet again. Park Jiyeon is the youngest ever recorded to be part of the Elite Guards. She is a bright and talented fighter. A fighter that only comes once in a century. But she is young and stubborn.  She demand to be sent out to war because she thinks she is more than ready but her immediate officer thinks otherwise. Ham Eunjung thinks that Jiyeon is undisciplined and careless. She needs training.

 

Flashback

Eunjung and Jiyeon are assigned to protect Councillor Kang. Jiyeon didn’t sign up to the General’s Army just to be a bodyguard. She is meant t fight in a war. She is meant to kill the Masked Menace.

“Send me out there!” Jiyeon demanded. “Don’t you see you are wasting time by keeping me here?!”

“You are bright and talented indeed. But you are proud and arrogant. You think by beating up your comrades in a sparring match will make you ready for war? You’ll be killed because of your arrogance.” Eunjung replied.

“You haven’t seen me in a fight.” Jiyeon scoffed.

Eunjung raised her eyebrow. “Fine. If you beat me in a sparring match, I will send you to war.”

End of Flashback

 

Since that day, Jiyeon will challenge Eunjung to sparring only to be beaten up.

“Eunjung, I challenge you for a sparring.”

“Don’t you ever get tired of this?” Eunjung asked but still she stood up knowing the stubborn new soldier would not budge. “Don’t say I didn’t warn you…”

Jiyeon attacked Eunjung before the leader can even finish. The fight was longer this time but still the end of the match is as expected. Jiyeon was defeated.

“I’m impressed. You’re getting better but still not enough.”

“Don’t lecture me.”

“How would you beat me then? Let me give you one advice…” Eunjung started to which Jiyeon just rolled her eyes because Eunjung always give her advice after the match. “Brute force is not enough. A fight is like a dance.”

“A dance? Are you serious?”

“Yes. I am serious. Like in every dance, you have to lead your partner. Your enemy is your partner. Read your enemy’s movement, lead your enemy’s movement and then… crushed your enemy!”

Jiyeon kept thinking about it. “A fight as a dance?! Such bull.” Jiyeon decided to go to the market to cool her mind. She was walking when she saw a few boys bullying a little girl in an alley. They were throwing tomatoes and calling her witch. A few passersby just ignored the girl being bullied. Jiyeon could not let it pass. She walked towards the kids and shoo them away.

They all ran away but not without shouting, “She’s a witch!”

Jiyeon went near the girl, she was surprised to see that the little girl was actually a grown up. How could she let the kids bully her? “Hey, are you alright?”

The lady who has her head down looked at the person who helped her.

Jiyeon was mesmerized to see such beauty. She was bewitched by her innocent beauty.

The sound of the clock alarmed the girl, she remember that she has to return to the Council House. She stood urgently startling the young soldier. She bowed then left urgently.

Jiyeon didn’t know what just happened but she decided to shrug it off. “Weird”

--

Jiyeon and Eunjung were walking with Councillor Kang to attend the meeting in the Council Room. Jiyeon bumped into someone but thanks to her quick reflexes she caught the maiden before the other could fall flat on the ground.

“Are you alright?” Jiyeon asked. “Oh it’s you again.” She said somehow excited to see the other girl.

The girl didn’t say anything instead there was fear in her eyes. She immediately stood up and left.

“That was a bit rude. No wonder the kids bully her and call her a witch.” Jiyeon said.

“She’s mute.” Councillor Kwang said.

“Huh?”

“Hyomin, the girl you met earlier. She is not being rude. She is mute. She is also a subject to ridicule by others.” The Councillor explained before he went inside the Council Room.

Jiyeon stayed outside. Guilt was eating her out. She should have not said those remarks earlier. And it does ot help that Eunjung was giving her a you-should-just-shut-up look.

--

Jiyeon was resting after being beaten up by Eunjung in another sparring. She saw Hyomin sneaking out of the Council House. Curious, Jiyeon followed the girl.

Hyomin walked through the forest until she found a big cherry blosson tree resting by the hill. Hyomin sat under the tree.

Jiyeon watched from afar how the girl’s face seemed so relaxed… at peace. It was a very long time since Jiyeon has ever felt at peace. The masked Menace took it away from her. Jiyeon decided that she does not want to disturb Hyomin. Too bad she stepped on a branch which made a cracking sound. Hyomin was startled and caught Jiyeon.

Not knowing what to do, Jiyeon gave an awkward smile and an awkward wave. “Umm… I saw you waling out of the Council House and I thought I should follow you…….just in case…. yeah… just in case the kids try to bully you again…. Yes that’s right.” Jiyeon kept rambling. “So yeah…I should go. Yeah.. I’m going now.” Jiyeon was scoldin herself for looking and sounding stupid in fron of Hyomin. She was going to leave but she felt a rock hit her head. “Yah!” She shouted turning around to find Hyomin dropping the rock and tapping the space beside her. Jiyeon took it as an invitation so she went to sit beside Hyomin.

“Umm… I’m sorry.” Jiyeon started. All the time she was thinking what to say to other girl.

Hyomin opened her eyes and gave her a confusing look.

“I’m sorry. I called you rude earlier.” Jiyeon confessed.

Hyomin made a sign using her hands.

“Umm… I don’t understand. Does that mean you forgive me?” Jiyeon asked.

Hyomin shook her hand and made another sign saying that there is no need to apologize.

“It’s ok?”

Hyomin nodded.

“You forgive me?”

Hyomin was about to shook her head but figure that it only make Jiyeon confuse so she just nodded.

“Thank you.”

Hyomin noticed the bruise on Jiyeon’s arm.

“Oh this? This is nothing. I was sparring with Eunjung. She beat me again.” Jiyeon explained embarrassed that she got beaten up for the nth time. Hyomin was still wearing a concerned expression so Jiyeon explained, “It really is nothing. I wanted this. I’m the one who always challenge Eunjung because she won’t let me go to war.”

Jiyeon look at Hyomin. She does not know why she is opening up to Hyomin. “Do you know I wanted to be a soldier? Not just any soldier but the best of the best. So for three years I’ve trained and worked hard to be part of the General’s Elite Guards.I wanted to be the strongest soldier so I can defeat and kill the monster that killed my father… The Masked Menace.”

Realizing that she got too carried away, Jiyeon apologized, “Mianhe, I got too carried away. I didn’t even know why I am telling you all this.” Jiyeon said while scratching her unitchy head.

Hyomin just smiled and made a gesture to cheer Jiyeon up. They heard the alarm of the clock and again, Hyomin stood up urgently and ran towards the Council House with Jiyeon following her behind.

“Hyomin, where have you been? I told you not to go too far. You know they close the gates because of heightened security… Neh neh arasso. Just go to the kitchen and help prepare dinner.” Jiyeon saw one of the maids scolding Hyomin but the girl only gave a toothy grin.

--

Jiyeon slumped beside Hyomin. Again, they met under that tree. Since that day, they have been meeting on that same hour and same place. “Fight is like a dance my .” Jiyeon muttered but loud enough for Hyomin to hear. “Oh Eunjung beat me up again. She kept nagging about brute alone cannot beat the enemy. Last time was fighting is like a dance. Arrogance will get you killed in an instant.” Jiyeon narrated the advices Eunjung gives her after every match.

Jiyeon’s ranting stopped when she saw Hyomin giggling.

“Eh? What’s so funny?”

Hyomin formed a fist on her right hand and punch her left palm. Then she shook her head.

Jiyeon has been used to this. Somehow she managed to understand Hyomin’s sign language. And Hyomin tried to use another action to convey what she wanted to say.

“So you are saying that brute alone cannot beat the enemy?”

Hyomin nodded.

“You are agreeing with Eunjung?”

Again Hyomin nodded.

“What? I can’t believe it? You are taking her side and not mine.” Jiyeon whined.

Hyomin stood up in front of Jiyeon. The confused Jiyeon just watched and waited what the other would do. Hyomin closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Gracefully, Hyomin lifted her arm. She was dancing. The flowers circle around her movements. She opened her eyes and found a mesmerized Jiyeon.

“Beautiful.” Jiyeon muttered making Hyomin shy.

Jiyeon looked down at Hyomin’s feet and found all the flower petals circled around her. Hyomin was not moving from her place. Her arms were the only ones moving yet she seemed to be dancing all the way. Her movement was very graceful and gentle. “Gentle… Graceful.” Ji realized that Hyomin was saying something by her dance. “I have to be more gentle and graceful?”

Hyomin smiled and gave a nod.

“That can never happen. I am neither gentle nor graceful. I don’t know how to.”

Hyomin pulled Jiyeon up and face the hesitant girl. They were facing each other only arms length apart. Hyomin closed her eyes as if telling Jiyeon to follow her instructions. Ji closed her eyes yet she took a peek earning a slap in the arm from Hyomin.

“Oww… so strict.” So Jiyeon closed her eyes and decided to follow her strict instructor.

Hyomin placed her palms on top of Jiyeon’s. Jiyeon can feel the warmth from Hyomin’s hands even without their palms touching. Hyomin moved her hand, but Jiyeon didn’t. So Hyomin placed her palm on Jiyeon’s this time their palms touching. Hyomin moved her arm and Jiyeon followed. Jiyeon fought the urge to take a peek. She followed Hyomin’s hands with hers. They were dancing. Jiyeon felt relaxed. She can feel the wind. She can hear the leaves gushing around her. Jiyeon took a peek and lost concentratioin.

“Mianhe” She looked down embarrassed. Jiyeon was surprised to see the leaves and fowers circling her and Hyomin. She looked at Hyomin who just gave her a smile. Jiyeon can stare at Hyomin forever. How she wished that time will stop. But time has its own plans. They heard the alarm. It was time for them to rush back to the Council House.

Hyomin pulled Jiyeon and they ran as fast as they can for them not to get any scolding. Both feeling carefree.

--

Jiyeon is practicing the ‘dance’ by herself as Hyomin sits and watch. “Ahh… I still don’t get it!!!”

Hyomin stood up behind Jiyeon. She moved closer almost hugging Jiyeon. Jiyeon caught her breath because of their closeness. Hyomin gracefully lead Jiyeon’s arm to move. Jiyeon closed her eyes and try to feel everything, every movement, the wind, the flowers, Hyomin’s warmth.

Together they danced.

--

The whole city was on tight security. The remaining State Councillors and City Governors all gathered for an important meeting with the representative from the Country of ChoYoung. The Country of ChoYoung is an allied country of Rian. They offered to give help aid Rian. There was tight security.

However, The Alliance had managed to infiltrate the city. They have decided to get rid of the remaining City Governors and State Council so they can rule the whole country.

The Guards led the citizens to take refuge in some of the safe houses.

Jiyeon was worried about Hyomin. She was going to look after her but Eunjung stopped her. “Jiyeon! The whole city is on attack. We need you.”

Jiyeon looked back wanting to find Hyomin.

“She will be alright. She’s safer inside the Council House.”

Jiyeon followed Eunjung to stop The Alliance. The Alliance outnumbered the General’s Army but still they are no match to their skills. It felt like an endless battle because the numbers only kept increasing.

A loud explosion was heard.

“Eunjung! The explosion was in the left wing!”

“They are towards the Council House! Jiyeon! Come with me. The rest, follow us when you’re done!” Eunjung ordered.

Jiyeon and Eunjung ran towards the tower where the leaders are staying. They heard cries and sound of men falling. They rushed hoping to reach the tower in time. Jiyeon stopped when she saw a shadow jumped off from the tower. The Masked Menace. She was sure it was the Masked Menace. Jiyeon looked at Eunjung asking permission to let her follow and stop the Masked Menace.

“Go! Just make sure not to get killed.” Eunjung gave her order.

“Arasso.”

“I’ll go to the tower and save the leaders. Hopefully we are not too late.” Eunjung replied. The Masked Menace jumped off the tower where the leaders are kept safe. She hopes they are not too late and that the leaders are still alive.

Jiyeon went to another direction to follow the Masked Menace. She threw a dagger making the other stopped. When the other was going to run again, Jiyeon threw another dagger leaving the menace no other choice but to face her.

“Finally, you don’t know how long I’ve been waiting for this.” Jiyeon said. She threw another knife when the opponent was going to run. It hit the opponent on the right arm.

Jiyeon drew her sword and made another attack. The Menace had no choice but to drew a sword and faced the soldier.

Jiyeon was able to hold herself in the fight. The Masked Menace was quicker and more agile. But Jiyeon is a wiser fighter now. Thanks to Eunjung’s merciless training and countless advices. And thanks to Hyomin. Hyomin taught her to how to find her center and how to feel her surroundings.

--

A few of Eunjung’s team catch up and made their way to the tower. Not far behind Eunjung, they followed their leader. Everyone has their swords drawn out ready to fight. But it was rather a quick and easy path.

There were no surprise attacks from the Alliance. What was weird was The Alliance’s bodies were all found dead.

They reached the Head Council Room without being attacked. Eunjung opened the massive door and found the leaders lying on the floor.

“I’m too late.” She said. Still she was confused on how the events turned out. She wondered why the Masked Menace attacked The Alliance as well.

“Hhhellp.”

Eunjung rushed to one of the Councillors.

“Kkkaang. Kang.” The injured councillor said almost out of breath.

“Councillor Kang?” Eunjung asked. She looked around but she was not able to find Councllor Kang’s body.

“Kang did this…” The councillor said. He gathers his breath again then continued, “All this… he is behind the killings.”

Eunjung was beyond shock by what was revealed to her. All this time, they were trying to protect the bad guy.

“Eunjung ssi!” The other soldiers called. “They are still alive!”

Still alive? If this is done by the Mask Menace, shouldn’t they all be dead? Or wasn’t there enough time? No there was plenty of time. The Masked Menace managed to kill The Alliance in one swift move. This doesn’t make sense.  “Tend to those who are injured! I will find Kang! If you see him, bring him to me.” Eunjung ordered and went to the other exit she assumed Kang went.

Eunjung saw Councillor Kang running towards another room.

“Councillor Kang!”

“Eunjung ssi?” Councillor Kang was surprised but tried to hide it. “I’m glad I found you. I managed to escape from The Alliance. I didn’t know where else to go. How are the others?”

Eunjung can see through his acts. “The Masked Menace was seen in the area.”

“Oh my goodness. So it’s true. The Masked Menace and The Alliance planned this together.”

“I don’t think that is the case.”

The Councillor can sense that the soldier does not believe him. He pulled out a dagger and hid it behind his back. “You don’t?”

“I don’t because The Alliance are all dead. They did not even make it inside the Council Room.”

The Councillor knew that he has been found out. “Then I guess you should share the same fate as them!” He attacked Eunjung using the dagger but Eunjung was quick enough.

She drew her sword and aimed at the Councillor. “Are you waiting for your little masked friend?”

“I see I’ve been found out.”

“Well too bad… your friend may not make it in time to save you.”

“You think your men can stop the Masked Menace? Think again. Not even your brightest talent Park Jiyeon can stop her.”

“Her?” Eunjung caught when the Councillor let that information slip.

“Look how she killed The Alliance in one swift move.”

“Why would you kill your allies?”

“Who said that The Alliance were my allies? They are a nuisance. But I must say they are indeed helpful. Because of they helped fastracked my plans. The remaining Governors and Councillors all in one place. The attack from The Alliance. I can easily point the murder of the leaders to them. While the General’s Army will take credit on stopping the Alliance. I will be the sole survivor and leader of this country. Rian shall rise again.” The Councillor extends his arms to Eunjung, “Join me and you will be my right hand. End this war and let Rian rise again.”

“You are mad.” Eunjung took the Councillor to bring him to the General.

--

Jiyeon took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Hyomin. She remembers what Hyomin taught her. Too find her center. To feel the surroundings. She can feel her opponent. She knows where she will attack. Jiyeon move her sword swiftly.

Crack.

The Menace took a few steps back.

Jiyeon hit her opponent.

The masked fell down. Jiyeon wanted to see who the monster behind the masked is. “Face me!” She demanded.

Slowly the unmasked manace lifted her face.

“It can’t be…” Jiyeon wished that all these were just a joke. “Hyomin?” Jiyeon lost all her power and strength. How could the Masked Menace be Hyomin? Hyomin whom she sees everyday. Hyomin whom he wanted to protect. Hyomin whom she felt at peace with. Hyomin whom she loves. “No no it can’t be you.”

Hyomin gave no response.

Jiyeon dropped her sword.

Hyomin swiftly moved in front of Jiyeon and put her sword on Jiyeon’s neck.

“Are you going to kill me?” Jiyeon asked helplessly. She didn’t care if she loses her life. She has lost her will to fight.

Hyomin put her sword behind her. She lifted one leg and kicked Jiyeon. She attacked Jiyeon only using that leg. Still Jiyeon refused to fight.

The peace Jiyeon thought she found was actually the one who stole it away from her.

“Is this how you killed my father?” Jiyeon asked still curious to find the reason why Hyomin was doing this.

Hyomin shook her head. She made a one slaying move to show Jiyeon how she killed her father.

“I guess you go for quick quiet death. Why? Why? WHY????!!!!” Jiyeon was crying now. “Why? Why does it have to be you? You took everything from me. And then you showed me kindness and love. Only to take it away from me again… Why?!” Jiyeon attacked Hyomin full of anger.

--

Eunjung saw Jiyeon still alive and fighting the Masked Manace. She was glad that the young soldier is still alive. Though Jiyeon was fighting clumsily now. She needs to help her comrade soon. She was surprised to see that the opponent has been unmasked. “Hyomin?”

Councillor Kang took this opportunity and grabbed the sword from Eunjung. “I see your soldier made it this far. Too bad it’s going to end soon for her. And also for you.”

“Hyomin might be the Masked Menace but she wouldn’t hurt Jiyeon.”

“A slave only listens to her own master. A slave recognizes no emotions just the voice of her master.”

“What did you do to her? You are mad!”

“She was kidnapped from ChoYoung. I saved her from dying from hunger. I needed a warrior and she needed food and shelter. Fair trade.”

Eunjung is an Elite Guard. She defended herself and tackled the councillor to the ground. A small piece of medallion rolled toward Eunjung. She can see the worried look from the Councillor as he lost the medallion. Sensing that it was of great importance to the Councillor, Eunjung stepped on the medallion and broked it.

“Noooo!!!” The Councillor screamed. “What have you done?!”

--

Hyomin stopped in the middle of the attack. She dropped her sword and held her head. She was disoriented. Jiyeon saw this as an opportunity to attack Hyomin but she couldn’t bring herself to do it. Still Jiyeon held on to her sword, thinking that this might be a trapped.

Hyomin was hearing voices inside her head. Hyomin was a slave warrior while Councillor Kang was her master. The medallion was the master’s hold on his slave. It was enchanted with a black spell. The master can inflict fear and torture through the medallion. Now that it was broken it was sending Hyomin too much fear and torture. Hyomin screamed so loudly!

“Hyomin ah…” Jiyeon called being concerned for Hyomin state.

Hyomin was sent to madness. She began attacking Jiyeon hoping to stop the torture. Her attacks became clumsy and Jiyeon can easily read her movements.

“Hyomin! Stop!”

Still Hyomin kept on attacking. She wanted to torture to stop.

“I don’t want to hurt you!”

It only came to deaf ears. Hyomin was beyond mad. And continued to attack Jiyeon mercilessly.

Jiyeon closed her eyes. She knew shere the attack will be next. She knew that Hyomin will send the final blow. She needs to stop her. She can feel where Hyomin will be coming from.

The sword piecred through its aim.

Jiyeon opened her eyes and found her sword pierced through Hyomin’s body. Was she finally able to read her opponent’s movement? Jiyeon wondered.

No.

Hyomin was quicker.

Jiyeon watches Hyomin. She was still alive and she could attack Jiyeon but Hyomin didn’t. Instead Hyomin just looked up in the sky.

Finally, the deafening torture has ended. It was quiet and peaceful. Hyomin felt free at last. Hyomin dropped her sword and spread her arms as if embracing her much awaited freedom.

Jiyeon could not understand. It was as if Hyomin is finally at peace. Jiyeon pulled her sword out. She held Hyomin to keep the girl from falling in the ground.

Hyomin looked at Jiyeon and smiled. She closed her eyes.

Jiyeon is crying. It hurts so bad.

Suddenly there was a gush in the winds. Jiyeon watches as the leaves and fowers circle around them. She looked down at Hyomin who was looking at her. Hyomin wiped Jiyeon’s tears. She gave one last smile. She closed her eyes. Her hand drops lifelessly and so do the flowers and leaves.

“Hyomin ah!!!!” Jiyeon screamed and hugged Hyomin tightly. She is hurt. She is confused. She needs answers. But for now, she needs Hyomin to be alive.

--

After one year

 

Rian has slowly begun to build itself. The City Governors and State Councillors survive. It turned out that Hyomin only gave them a non-fatal blow. The Alliance has been abolished thanks to Hyomin and the General’s Army. Councillor Kang has been locked into prison and is dealing with justice. New City Governors and State Councillors have been appointed. Rian is rising again with the help of their allied country, ChoYoung.

Jiyeon was standing by the tower looking over the Rian.

“Jiyeon ah, it’s been a year.”

“Time flies fast Eunjung. Rian is now on its feet back up.”

“How about you?” Eunjung asked.

Jiyeon learned everything about Hyomin from Eunjung. How she wish she could save Hyomin. Eunjung became a good friend to Jiyeon. Eunjung relieved Jiyeon from her dities as Elite Guard. She knew that Jiyeon would be happy someplace else.  

“Jiyeon ssi!” Someone called.

Jiyeon looked at the attendant who called asking.

The attendant only nod making Jiyeon rushed to the room. She stopped reluctant to open the door.

“Jiyeon ssi, she woke up.” The attendant announced.

Eunjung tapped Jiyeon’s shoulder to cheer her up.

Jiyeon took a deep breath and opened the door. What she saw took her breath away.

Hyomin was seating on the bed looking outside the window. The ray of light emphasizes her beauty. Sensing that someone was inside the room, Hyomin looked towards the door.

“Hi” Jiyeon said awkwardly. “They said you were awake so I went to visit you.”

Hyomin was looking at Jiyeon then at Jiyeon’s hands.

“Oh, yeah… I’ve been learned it and have been practicing the whole year. I was hoping that I can show you when you wake up.” Jiyeon explained while doing sign language. She studied sign language so she can communicate better with Hyomin. “It has been a habit. I always do this.”

Hyomin let out a smile.

“Do you remember me?” Jiyeon asked.

Hyomin nodded.

“Do you remember everything?”

Hyomin nodded again.

“Mianhe.”

Hyomin stood up and walked towards Jiyeon. Hyomin made a sign saying, “There is no need to apologize.”

“I do.”

“You saved me.”

“I killed you. I almost killed you.”

“But I am here alive… because of you.”

“I couldn’t lose you.”

“I know.”

“You know?”

“I can hear you everyday when you visit me.”

Jiyeon was shocked but later on she smiled. “Will you stay with me forever?”

Hyomin nodded.

“Will you love me?”

Hyomin shook her head. “I have loved you since the first day I saw you. When you saved me in the market.” Hyomin looked at Jiyeon and gave her sweetest smile.

“Saranghe.”

“Saranghe.”