Chapter 1: New Neighbour

My new Next door Neighbour

Chapter 1:

New Neighbour

 

Every day is always the same. Boring, tiring and what more annoying.

“What is the equation for 2x +ya=ax. Bobby?”

It always the same. Nothing changes. And like an idiot that teacher chooses someone who didn’t put his hand up and didn’t notice all those students who did. I wonder why they do that, for fun I guess. I quickly looked over at Bobby. I could see that he didn’t know the answers, like I care. I looked at the clock which was hanged up next to the door. 1:10. 5 more minutes left.

 

By the way my name is Kim Min Seok. 18 years old. People think that I am cute and innocent when you see me walking down the streets but in fact I am rude, everyone knowns that. The only people who can ever keep up with my personality are two of my best friends Chen and Lay. Chen and I are childhood friends; we have known each other since we were in diapers. Whenever he says that to people they get shocked, since Chen is nice to everyone exact opposite of me. Lay is someone who we have known since middle school. He is quiet half the time but he is someone that you can trust with all your secrets and your life.

 

“Xiumin…”

Before the teacher could say anything the bell ring. I stuffed my books in my bag and also my pencil case. I swung my bag behind my back and headed out before giving the teacher a look. Everyone is scared of me, it is not because I look scary, it probably because I can do anything to them. That’s what they think. I wouldn’t, people just judge me without getting to know me. I walked down the hallway where everyone was having fun and every one had a smile on their faces. I could see a couple making out near their lockers. I feel like puking whenever I see couple making out. It just puts me of my mood.

 

“Yo, Xiumin”

 

I kept on walking towards the cafeteria, I decided to keep on ignoring him. I didn’t even have to look back to know that it’s him. “Xiumin, wait man” he said as he ran to catch up to me. “Man why are you always walking so fast?” he said. “No reason” I replied. “What about you. I thought Lay might be with you. Did you leave him behind again?” I asked him. “Yeah” he replied. “It’s funny” he said as he grabbed the lunch tray. “You will never change, Chen” I sigh while he gave me his significant smile. “Why don’t we grab a seat? In our normal place” he said as he headed towards the table before me. That’s Chen. He is always carefree and doesn’t care what other people says. That’s him for you. I grabbed the seat next to him and took out the chopsticks and got ready to eat when I heard someone scream “Kim Jongdae” I looked towards the direction and started chuckling when I saw who the person was. It was Lay. He had his blazer in his hand and his bag was half open. His hair was messy making it look like bed hair. He grabbed the seat next to me and sat beside me and put his bag on the table.

“Yah! Kim Jongdae. Why do you always leave me behind? Remember that I got into trouble because of you. If you had told me that the teacher was coming then I would have woken up. But you didn’t. Chen I can’t believe that you betrayed me” Lay said as he looked at Chen who was eating his food completely ignoring Lay. “Yah Chen. Are you listening?” asked Lay. They are at it again. They are always like this. Sometimes I wonder if they are going out.

 

“Guys let stop. Okay” I said as I chewed on the bit of the carrot. “Ahh Xiumin are you jealous?” asked Chen as he put his arm around my shoulder. I stopped chewing and looked at him. A scary look. “Ahh Xiumin, you are” he said as he ruffled my hair. That’s Chen for you. He doesn’t care what I say as long as I don’t kill him. Which is going to happen soon. “Just eat your food okay Chen” I said while clenching my fist, convincing myself not to punch him. “Okay” he said with a smug smile and started to talk to Lay. Sometimes I feel left out since they always talk and they both know how to experience their feelings well. To be honest I am jealous of their friendship even though Chen was my childhood friend.

 

“Lay what lesson is it next?” asked Chen as he got the plates and got ready to put it away. “Science” replied Lay with a whine. “Ahh, my baby doesn’t like science. Does he?” Chen said as he pinched Lay’s cheek. Chen got up and was about to take the tray back when he stopped to talk to Sunghoon one of our other classmates. I thought it will be the good time to ask him. “Lay do you like him?” I asked without any emotions. I looked over at him to see him spit out his drink. “Ahh what are you talking about, Xiumin?” he asked as he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. “You know” I said still without any emotions. “I don’t know” he replied back. I looked over at him, okay. I am shocked. I don’t know what to say. I didn’t expect this to come out. I was expecting something like “No man. What am I. Gay?” something like that but nothing like that. In fact he was embarrassed and I could see a hint of blush in his face. I don’t know what to say now. Two of my best friend. One of them is gay. I don’t see anything wrong with him being gay, it’s quite of a surprise actually.  

“Xiumin, you wouldn’t tell him, right” he said as he looked down. I didn’t say anything. “You see Xiumin. I like …”   RING. RING.  That stupid bell. I couldn’t hear what he was going to say. “Lay, I’m leaving alright” I said as I picked up my bag and put it around by shoulder.  “See you around, buddy” I said as I patted Lay at the back and he gives me a soft smile. The one with the cute dimple. I headed out from the canteen to the next class, PE. Hate it. I wonder what he was going to say.

 

3:00 PM

“See yah” I said as I quickly waved at Chen and Lay and headed toward the bus stop. “Bye” they replied back and headed toward Chen dad car. They live next to each other. Me and Chen used to be neighbours but then Chen dad got a better job next to Lay neighbourhood. So they moved toward Lay neighbourhood. I put on my earphones and started to listen to any random song on my playlist as I waited for the bus to arrive.

 

Everything has been the same since last two years. Nothing changed. Nobody thinks about him anymore, in fact nobody cares.

 

I headed out of the bus and walked on.

 

I wished I was there. Ready.  I took out the keys when I heard someone calling someone.

“Excuse me. Can you pass me the ball?”

I looked behind me. It was a guy. He might have been 5 cm taller than me. He had brown hair which went over his eyes. He was wearing a white shirt with a character printed in it.

“Here you go” I said as I passed it back at him.

“By the way do you live their?” he asked as he pointed toward my house.

“Yes” I replied

“Ohh. Then I am your new neighbour. My name is Lu Han. Nice to meet you”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know this chapter doesn't have that much XiuHan in it but there will be some in the next chapter.