end.

time's wings

 

 

END

jeon jungkook


 

 

At age eight, Jeon Jungkook met his Park Jimin. The smaller but older boy was crouched behind the school building, bawling his eyes out. Curious, Jungkook approached the unsuspecting boy and what he didn't expect was to fall in love at that very moment.

"Are you okay?" the younger boy asks, his head tilting to the side in mild concern for the other, "is there something wrong?"

"No," the older boy replied, spluttering as he coughed, "it's not fair. Not fair at all. Why am I the only one that's different? Is it that bad?"

Jungkook's eyebrows furrowed as his eight-year-old mind had trouble comprehending what the other boy was saying, "pardon?"

"It's nothing," the sniffling boy shook his head, "you look like you're younger than me, you won't understand."

Jungkook was astounded. Him younger than the person in front of him? That's complete utter nonsense. If anything, it's the other way around. The boy crouched in front of him, wiping his tears clearly looked like he was Jungkook's age.

The boy rubbed his eyes as he laughed, "you look so confused. I'm Park Jimin, and ten years old."

Blinking, Jungkook replied, "Jeon Jungkook, eight."

Jimin let out a melodic laugh that seemed to captivate Jungkook, "well then Jungkook, why don't you call me hyung?"

And from that moment on, Jeon Jungkook had officially fallen for the angel-like older boy.

 

At age nine, Jungkook wondered why he had to be two years younger than Jimin. He oh-so desperately wanted to leave his class to be in Jimin's class but he knew there was no way that was going to happen. To be honest, he really hated his class. He saw all the fun things that the fifth graders got to do and was terribly jealous that he couldn't participate with Jimin.

"Hey hyung," Jungkook started, "what's it like being in grade five?"

Jimin shrugged, "it's okay I guess. Why, Jungkook?"

And it was Jungkook's turn to shrug, "I was just wondering. It's boring in grade three."

"You'll miss grade three when you get to grade five, Kookie," and for some reason, Jungkook didn't care. All he wanted was to spend his school days with Jimin meaning that being in his class and doing everything the older boy was doing.

Jimin grimaced as his whole face scrunched up, "let me just tell you that the assignments given aren't a whole lot of fun. Enjoy being in third grade for the time being, Kookie."

"Well, I don't care. I want to be in the same class as you hyung," Jungkook snorted, "like I said, it's boring in my class and being in your class would be much more fun."

And with that Jimin let a cute giggle that Jungkook practically melted.

 

At age ten, Jungkook noticed that he was different from other boys. He wasn't into girls and by that age, everyone was just starting to learn about  and all the other dirty stuff that he would prefer not to talk about. Jungkook was slightly irked with the dirty jokes about female parts and all that. Oh how he hated his grade. They were such immature brats and annoying as hell.

Jungkook knew that he would much rather play-hang out-as many of his kind would say nowadays, than with the people in his grade. He internally groaned and shook his head as another inappropriate joke was told and guffaws of laughter were heard all around him.

"Hey hyung," Jungkook started, "have you had yet?"

Jimin's eyes widened as he slowed down his chewing. The older boy stared at the younger boy for a couple of minutes before choking on his rice. Realizing that his hyung was choking to death, Jungkook hastily began to hit the older's back as Jimin coughed uncontrollably.

"W-what?" Jimin spluttered, his face burning a bright crimson red, "where did that come from, Jungkook?"

"Well, all the guys in my grade are talking about a lot nowadays and so I was just curious," Jungkook answered innocently, not really understanding what all the fuss about .

"What?!" the older boy's face turned sour, "you shouldn't know about this yet. Aish, those boys are bad influences. Stay away from them, okay Kookie? Ignore them. They're all a bunch of moronic idiots."

"Alright hyung," Jungkook nodded, now clearly determined to stay away from the boys that his hyung had warned were bad news.

Jimin grinned cheekily as he continued to spoon rice into his mouth, "and you can ask me that question in about four or five years time."

And it was Jungkook's turn to flush bright red.

 

At age eleven, Jungkook was almost certain that he had some sort of crush on his hyung but was too much of a tsundere to admit it. His relationship was Jimin was growing more and more by the year and Jungkook had to admit, he was getting quite possessive of the older boy.

Jimin had promised Jungkook that they would go get ice-cream after school but was caught up because of some meeting he had for his dance club.

Jungkook seemed really rigid and stiff every time someone would come up to Jimin and try to talk to him and take him away while it was clear that Jungkook was with Jimin and that Jimin was his.

"Hey hyung," Jungkook started, "who are all those guys?"

Jimin's eyes twinkled in excitement, "oh? The guys that always come up to us at lunch? They're from my dance club. We're having a performance on Friday and so they were informing me about the dance and when practice is."

"Oh..." the younger boy still seemed so uncomfortable with the fact that his hyung was having fun with other people and not giving him his undivided attention, "but hyung, they're not special to you right?"

"Of course they're not special to me, Kookie," Jimin replied, secretly adoring that fact that his little hoobae was jealous, "but naturally I have to care for them because they're on my dance team. Why don't you join the dance club to? That way, we'll be able to spend more time together."

Jungkook's dejected pose straightened up and he sat straight up with stars in his eyes, "oh yeah! That's a great idea hyung! I will!"

And Jungkook was determined to keep Jimin's attention whenever anyone approached Jimin whether it be in dance club or whenever he was with Jungkook.

 

At age twelve, Jungkook had never felt anymore lonely and thrown away. This was going to be the first year that he would have to spend by himself. Jimin was transitioning to middle school, meaning that he wouldn't attend the same school anymore. Though Jungkook was proud of his hyung for making the big leap from primary school to middle school, he couldn't help but feel a tad bit sad and uneasiness.

Now, instead of seeing Jimin everyday at dance club and lunch breaks, he could only see Jimin occasionally after school when they both agreed to get ice-cream together.

"Hey hyung," Jungkook started, "have you made any new friends?"

"Yeah, I have actually!" Jimin nodded enthusiastically, "his name is Taehyung and he is one heck of a weird human being. He's a great friend though. He's even part of the dance club as well! There's also Seokjin-hyung, Yoongi-hyung, Hoseok-hyung and Namjoon-hyung. They're all part of the dance club though Jinnie-hyung and Joonie-hyung aren't that good of dancers. They're so funny when they dance, you should see them!"

A pang of jealousy stabbed Jungkook straight in the chest. He was happy for Jimin making new friends at his new school and for adapting so well in his new environment but Jungkook just didn't like the thought of Jimin being taken away from him.

"That's good hyung," Jungkook tried to seem genuinely happy, "oh! we also won the showcase with our performance hyung!"

Jimin's eyes lit up, "really?! That's great Jungkook! I knew you and the guys would win it, I mean who's better than us?"

And all the uneasiness that Jungkook was feeling had left him completely and Jimin's smiles and enthusiasm boosting his mood by a thousand on the happy-scale.

 

At age thirteen, Jungkook was beyond ready to leave primary school. He was so ready for middle school and finally having Jimin back at school with him and seeing him every lunch break and after school dance practices. Although, that wouldn't happen until another year or so.

That was also the time period when Jungkook made some friends of his own, to help him get by the boring days at school. He had met Choi Junhong, a very tall and lanky boy who was just as into dancing as he was. He and Junhong clicked right away. Of course, Jimin was still his very special and favourite hyung.

He had also met another Park Jimin who was very much the same as his Jimin. She was a short, cute hyperactive girl who never seemed to be bothered by the strange looks she was given. There was also shy and quite Baek Yerin whom Jungkook was glad to also be friends with. While Junhong and Jimin were fooling around and making a ruckus, Jungkook had Yerin to talk to.

"Hey Jungkook," the hyper-active tall boy called, "wanna go over our choreo?"

Jungkook nodded in response and pushed himself off the floor, gesturing for Yerin to come over and join as well.

It was funny though. No matter how much time Jungkook spends with Yerin just talking, he had no feelings whatsoever towards her. And at even one stage, he considered her to be his type but yet there was no butterflies that flew wildly around his stomach.

"Nah, Jimin is my type," the young boy mumbled to himself, causing Yerin to let out a small laugh.

"Really? Since when?" with that, the misunderstood boy flushed read and shook his head rapidly realizing that Yerin had taken it the wrong way.

His hands waved in front of his face as he stuttered, "n-no, I meant Jimin-hyung, not your Jimin."

"Ah, okay," and Yerin nodded with a slight smile, walking off over to take a seat next to the female Jimin and waited patiently as the two boys began their rehearsal.

Jungkook shook his head, feeling slightly light-headed after his Jimin had popped into his mind. Shaking the feeling off, he moved on with going the choreo as Junhong suggested.

 

At age fourteen, Jungkook had never been happier in his life. Finally moving from primary school to middle school was a huge deal for him. Not only does he get to spend his days again with his favourite hyung, he also gets to join the dance club that Jimin goes on all the time about.

Jungkook has also hit his growth spurt during that same year. Jimin was a little disheartened at the fact, but nonetheless tolerated the younger boy's teasing of his short height.

The younger boy made it his duty to walk his hyung to class (regardless of being late) and making sure to keep his hyung's attention at all times.

Never had Jungkook felt so accomplished. He had managed to keep his hyungs away from annoying fangirls and people around the school from talking to Jimin for too long. Even teachers had to be wary when speaking to Jimin for Jungkook might just pop out of nowhere and steal him away.

"Hey hyung," Jungkook started, "will you help me on my assignment this afternoon?"

Jimin smiled his familiar smile and nodded, "sure, Kookie. Let's meet at the library after school alright?"

But that afternoon didn't go too well for Jungkook as his world was shattered after Jimin came bounding through the doors with a bright grin on his face.

"Why're you so hyper, hyung?" Jungkook asked, his brows furrowing.

Jimin giggled dreamily, "you won't even believe it, Kookie. I told Yoongi-hyung that I liked him and he said that he liked me too!"

In almost an instant, Jungkook's face had dropped and pure shock was plastered onto his face. Jimin calmed down a little from his excited state and frowned when Jungkook paled.

"What's wrong, Kookie?" the older male asked, his head tilting in concern, "are you not feeling well?"

It had almost felt like a large truck had just ran him over repeatedly, "n-no. I'm fine."

Jungkook smiled.

"I'm happy for you."

Jimin returned the gesture, completely oblivious to Jungkook's breaking heart, "thanks Kookie! I'm still waiting for the day when you get yourself a boyfriend-girlfriend!"

Still, Jungkook smiled and nodded.

 

At the age of fifteen, Jungkook was still struggling with a broken heart. He did feel a little lonely for Jimin was spending a lot more time with Yoongi than with him, but that was something he couldn't complain about. Of course Jungkook was happy for his favourite hyung, but he just couldn't bear to see Jimin smiling and laughing with Yoongi. Jungkook felt as if his position and job had been stripped of him, leaving him cold, bare and lost.

Now, he wasn't enjoying school anymore. He spent his days alone, sometimes with Yerin, the female Jimin and Junhong, but mostly by himself. Though, he occasionally realized that he was hanging out with the very unique and different Kim Taehyung. He soon found himself enjoying school more and thinking about Jimin's relationship with Yoongi much less thanks to Taehyung's company.

"Say, hyung," Jungkook started, "do you think Jimin really likes Yoongi?"

The brown-haired alien blinked and stared at the younger boy, "yeah, I guess. I mean, Jiminnie's been rambling on about how hot and cool Yoongi-hyung is since our first year of middle school."

"Oh."

"Why the sudden gloominess?" the brunette tilted his head as his unwrapped the lollipop wrapper and stuck it in his mouth.

Jungkook smiled, "oh, I was just curious."

"Ah, our little Jungkookie is the most curious little thing ever," Taehyung sang as he swirled the lollipop around in his mouth.

Jungkook sweat-dropped, "seriously hyung?"

The older boy ignored him and began singing random trot songs which soon later, Jungkook joined in.

 

At the age of sixteen, Jungkook was astonished to find a bawling Jimin at his doorstep. As soon as he opened the door, a child-like Jimin flung himself at the taller but younger boy, crying out loudly.

"H-hyung?" the younger asked, automatically wrapping his arms around the older boy, "what's wrong?"

"He broke up with me!" Jimin wailed, clinging onto the younger one with a vice-like grip, "he said we weren't good together and that h-he had someone else he liked!"

Jungkook's throat went dry. How was he supposed to comfort someone crying? He was so startled by the fact that he just stood there frozen, awkwardly patting the elder on the back, mumbling some (hopefully) words of comfort. As Jimin started to calm down from his crying, he rubbed his eyes in embarrassment.

"Sorry, Jungkook. You weren't supposed to see that, but I guess I was too out of it to realise that I had come to your house," Jimin tried to laugh as he hiccuped, "I guess I'm okay now—"

Jungkook cut off the older boy and pulled the older back in his arms as Jimin was pulling away from his grasp.

"You're not okay, hyung," Jungkook stated, his voice soft and laced with visible concern, "let's go inside. You can spend the night here, my parents won't mind."

Jimin nodded, knowing all too well that he could never go against what Jungkook said. As the saying goes, what Jungkook wants, he gets. Jimin is guided to the living room and he just tiredly plops down onto the couch while Jungkook went up to his room to fetch something (who knows what it would be).

The whole scene of Yoongi breaking up flashed back through Jimin's mind. Of course, it was obvious that he and Yoongi wouldn't work out. Yoongi was a collage student whereas Jimin was in his last year of school. Plus, everyone but Taehyung, himself and Jungkook had graduated.

Although the breakup was hard for Jimin to process, he was in some way relieved by the fact that he wasn't in a relationship anymore. Sure, he had grown attached to Yoongi and even maybe at some point in their relationship had Jimin loved him, but at the end of the day, it was just puppy for for Jimin.

He admired Yoongi, sure but it wasn't real love or anywhere near that. It could maybe be classified as a 'fling' or a 'hookup' but honestly who hooks up with someone for a little more than a year? That was Jimin for you. He was the type that could never say no to someone and would always wear his heart on his sleeve.

Jimin sighed in sheer exhaustion and slumped further down in the fluffy but comfortable pillows.

On the other hand, Jungkook was sat on his bed in his room. A wide grin was clear as day on his face and he had to literally bite down on his fist to keep him from cheering out loud.

Finally! Jimin-hyung is mine again!

Jungkook silently cheered for his new-found victory and flip flopped all over his bed like a fish out of water. At one stage, he even got up and did a retarded victory dance that Hoseok would always do when he won something.

Collecting himself, Jungkook took a deep breath but still couldn't hide the happy grin. Making his way downstairs, he made sure to grab a pack of V (no pun intended (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)) and gathered up as much junk food as he could and stuffed them into his red hoodie's big front pocket.

Throwing himself down next to Jimin who was now engrossed in watching Weekly Idol, he opened up the green can and took a huge gulp of it. Jimin glanced sideways at the can in Jungkook and snickered sneakily. When the younger boy wasn't looking, he snagged the energy drink out of the unsuspecting boy's hands and drank as much of as he could.

"Hey!" Jungkook shot Jimin a playful glare, "that was my drink, hyung."

 Jimin grinned, "it's an indirect kiss Kookie. Mwah."

The older boy blew kisses at the younger, making him flush bright red. Jungkook, suddenly forgetting about the whole drink ordeal, he tackled the older one down.

Jimin was frozen in surprise, watching as Jungkook his lips, eyeing the older one. Suddenly, he felt sticky. Jimin realised that the energy drink had now been spilt all over him. Jungkook grinned a wicked and mischievous grin.

Oh, that was a bad idea.

Jimin thought, his eyes widening as Jungkook took his sweet time in assessing the soaked elder.

"I need my drink, hyung," Jungkook smirked as the older boy swallowed nervously, "well, I'll have to get it off you now, don't I?"

Jimin was about to pass out from shock.

 

At age seventeen, Jungkook was very much happy with his life. His boyfriend was attached to him like a puppy and Jungkook had no words to explain how much he loved Jimin's attention all on him. Jungkook honestly had no problem with Jimin throwing himself all over the younger boy in public. To be honest, Jungkook had grown a little cocky from the amount of love and attention he was receiving from the adorable, but muscular older male.

"Kookie!" Jimin happily called out for his boyfriend, "let's go get lunch together!"

Jungkook's head snapped up as his focus left his drawing, "sure, hyung."

With that, the younger boy had packed up all his art equipment and soon was strolling down the hallway to the cafeteria hand in hand with his shorter but older boyfriend.

"Jungkoooook!" a well-known voice yelled out from behind the couple and Jungkook nearly face-planted by the very fast and scary force that had attacked his back.

Jimin burst out in laughter as he was met with a crazy red-headed girl who was hanging from his boyfriend's back. The older boy's face was soon encased by two soft hands and felt plump lips on his.

"Yah!" Jungkook yelled as the girl on his back kissed his boyfriend, "Park Jimin! That is my boyfriend, not yours!"

The female Jimin grinned cheekily and threw her head back in laughter, still hanging on the tall boy's back.

"You're just jealous, Jungkook!" she cackled in an adorable manner, "oppa loves me not you~!"

Once again, Jimin (the male one) burst into fits of laughter. It wasn't the first time this had happened. After Jungkook began going out with Jimin, the hyperactive female would always come around and attack them both by kissing them.

They had come to learn that this was an affectionate habit of hers. Kissing those who are considered to be her very close friends. Heck, she even kissed Yerin and Junhong multiple times.

Jungkook shook his head. Honestly, this girl had no shame. He sweat-dropped as he held onto the Jimin's thighs in case she fell off.

Eventually, she hopped off of the tall boy and skipped away, but not before grabbing his face and kissing him as well.

"You'll thank me later, Jungkook!" she hollered as she ran towards Yerin and tackled the poor quiet girl, "make sure you use protection!"

For the fiftieth time, Jungkook shook his head in disbelief. This girl was beyond crazy. But then again, her idea was pretty good.

He turned around to a now calmed down Jimin and a devilish smirk made its way to his gorgeous face.

Jimin paled. Oh . , no. God-damn you Park Jimin! he silently cursed, glaring at the female Jimin who was no longer around.

"Hey hyung," Jungkook started, a wicked smile on his face and Jimin gulped, "why don't we ditch this hellhole and have some fun?"

" you, Park Jimin!"

Was Jimin's wail as he cussed at the female version of him.