Chapter 27

Ghost Husband

    Hyukjae woke the next morning with a very warm, very Donghae squirming on top of him, or to be more precise, on his crotch. He already had morning wood and having mini Donghae rubbing up against little Hyukjae was only making him more uncomfortable. He tried to push his husband off him so he could go take care of his problem, but the ghost must have woken up feeling extra frisky since he just clung closer.
  "Morning Hyukkie!" Donghae said cheerfully, wiggling happily as he peppered Hyukjae's face with kisses.
  "Morning Hae. It's not that I don't like you this close, but can you please get off me?" Hyukjae thought that if he didn't get to go release soon he might explode, and not in a good way.
  "Get you off? Why Hyukkie, what kind of boy do you take me for?" Donghae grinned mischievously as he proceeded to grind down, making Hyukjae gasp.
  "Dammit Hae you tease!"
  "Who said I was teasing?"
  Hyukjae had had enough of Donghae's game and managed to flip them so he was on top before he gave the ghost the same treatment he'd given the mortal.
  "Ah Hyukkie that feels so good!"
  The couple's playtime came to an abrupt end when Nat appeared and chomped Hyukjae in the backside.
  "Ouch that hurt! Dammit pest, get over here!" Hyukjae scrambled off of Donghae and stark proceeded to chase Nat around the apartment, until she remembered what she could do and disappeared. The mortal angrily rubbed at his newest bite mark and went to shower, only to have the ghost pop in and join him as soon as he started to soap up, only to "help" with certain parts of Hyukjae's anatomy.
  Things were heating up again as the couple made out and lightly touched each other, only to once again be interrupted by their personal , this time attacking Hyukjae's calf.
  "Fine, you win you rotten pest! What's wrong with us getting more comfortable with each other? We are married you know!"
  Nat gave a doggie smirk and disappeared.
  Donghae wrapped his arms around his husband. "Don't be too upset with her Hyukkie. She's probably right, that we aren't ready for that yet."
  Hyukjae turned so he could wrap his own arms around the ghost. "It's not like we were going to start going at it like rabbits. We were just exploring a little. Plus, her bites friggin hurt!"
  "I'm sorry Hyukkie. Do you want me to kiss them better?"
  "Better not Hae. I'm afraid of what she'll bite next."
  Completely out of the mood now, the couple washed and dried each other, then Donghae had his husband touch him so he could bandage the latest bites since the mortal couldn't reach. Hyukjae got dressed and picked up the bedding before pouring himself a bowl of cereal and shoveling it into his mouth, finishing his breakfast with a cup of lukewarm tap water instant coffee. The ghost meanwhile had thought himself into some clothes and sat on the counter, wrinkling his nose.
  "How can you eat like that Hyukkie? And what are we doing today?"
  "Easy. I open my mouth and shove it in and wash it down. I've got classes most of today. Are you coming with me, staying here, or wandering around town?"
  "I'll come with you. I'd like to see you at work and meet your students."
  After packing his dance bag with his work clothes, several water bottles, and something he could shove in the microwave on his lunch break, Hyukjae announced he was ready to go. The couple headed out hand in hand, only to run into Missus Park.
  "Hello boys. How was your first night at home together?"
  "It was fine, except Hyukkie really can't cook except instant food. Can you please teach him to make something that doesn't look like a cat threw it up?"
  "Hae! I told you not to ask her that!"
  Missus Park laughed and patted Hyukjae's shoulder. "Don't worry. It's no trouble at all. You do such a great job with my grandchildren and you're doing such a wonderful thing for Donghae I'll be happy to."
  "Well uh, thank you then Missus Park."
  Hyukjae was slightly grumpy all the way to his work, only to lose his bad mood at Donghae's reaction at the sight of the little dance studio.
  "Oh Hyukkie! It's adorable!"
  Hyukjae found himself smiling as he picked up his bag and took Donghae's hand to lead him up the front steps.
  "If you think this place is cute, wait til you see the little theater where I perform. We're between seasons right now, but rehearsals start back up in a few weeks. I love it. It has a lot of character."
  "I can't wait to see it!"
  "Oh Hyukjae, there you are. Welcome back. Who's this?"
  "Hae, this is my boss and the owner of the school. Sir, meet my husband, Lee Donghae."
  "It's very nice to meet you." Donghae kept holding onto Hyukjae as he bowed so he could shake the owner's hand.
  "It's nice to meet you too Donghae. Hyukjae, the ladies and some of the men are going to be so jealous of you, bringing back such a handsome husband. How did you two meet?"
  "Long story, but the short version is, Mother wanted to sign me up with a matchmaker, Father convinced her to go with one she didn't realize was for gay people. Ryeowook, who owns the place "set me up" with a friend of his named Heechul who dressed as his female alter ego in an attempt to shut Mother up which you know didn't work since "Rella" was the fiancee she was babbling about last time she was here, and who happens to run a specialty matchmaking service in Japan, which is why I went. He introduced me to Donghae, and the rest as they say is history."
  "Okay then. Well like I said, nice to have you back. If you'll excuse me." The owner bowed and left.
  Hyukjae noticed Donghae was being unusually quiet as the two went to look for his substitute to thank her for covering his classes while he was gone. They found her in one of the staff dressing rooms, tying her shoes.
  The girl looked up and grinned as she noticed the couple. "Hey Hyukjae, you're back. The kids were great while you were gone. Who's this? New boyfriend finally?"
  "This is my husband Lee Donghae" Hyukjae declared proudly.
  "Wow, you managed to snag such a looker. I'm officially jealous. Is he as good in bed as he looks in clothes?"
  If Donghae could've blushed he would have at the girl's bold question, but Hyukjae just smiled sweetly.
  "I could tell you, but I don't want you more jealous than you already are."
  "Aw, come on. Give me some details, or better yet let me borrow him sometime so I can find out for myself."
  Donghae wrapped his arms around Hyukjae. "I'm not a t shirt! I belong only to Hyukkie!"
  "Okay okay, I'll quit teasing. I promise I'll keep my hands to myself. It was nice meeting you though." The girl grabbed a sweatband and bounced off with a little wave.
  Hyukjae laced his fingers with Donghae's as they headed for his studio. "I know she was joking, but I'm glad you're only solid for me Hae. I'd worry constantly someone was going to run off with my y Fishy."
  "That's never going to happen my darling Monkey ert."
  Hyukjae would have probably stolen a kiss if they hadn't been suddenly swarmed with a mob of his older beginning dance students."
  "Welcome back Mister Lee! Did you miss us? How was Japan? Who's your friend? He's very handsome!"
    Hyukjae laughed and Donghae smiled at the children's excitement. "Hello everyone. I missed you a lot. Japan was beautiful and exciting and I hope I'll get to go back someday. This isn't my friend, this is my husband Donghae and he's actually the main reason I went to Japan, to get married. Yes he is very handsome." The couple held up their left hands to show off their rings.
  The whole class started squealing. "Married! Why didn't you tell us you were getting married? Congratulations Mister and Mister Lee!"
  "I wasn't sure at first if we would or not so I didn't say anything in case it didn't work out. There's going to be a reception here in a few days. Your parents already know about it, but they wanted to let us tell you ourselves. You're all invited. Now, are you ready to work hard?"
  "A party? Awesome! And yes we are Mister Lee!"
  "Good. Now, I want you to start your warmup while I go change, then you can show me what you've been doing."
  The kids scrambled to their places on the floor while Hyukjae and Donghae headed for his tiny private dressing room. The mortal started to change while the ghost watched and commented.
  "Your students are so cute Hyukkie! I'm surprised though, that they accepted us so easily."
  "Why wouldn't they? I've always been up front about my preferences and  all my students and their parents know how difficult dating has been for me. One of the many reasons I choose to teach here is they don't allow discrimination, from parents, students, or staff. They don't want any made up scandals because someone "didn't know." So, the only people who come or work here are accepting of anyone who's different. Several parents have actually told me they're more comfortable with their daughters learning from a gay man, and some of my older boys or are either gay or questioning have said they're grateful to have someone to talk to besides their parents, who knows more of what it's like, and who won't judge or treat something that important as a joke. I've even been called a positive role model for young gay men."
  "Wow Hyukkie! That's so cool!"
  Hyukjae finished changing, pecked Donghae on the nose, and went to start his class. He plugged his phone into its dock and started the music.
  "Okay everyone! Show me what you've got!"
  Donghae spent most of the class on a stack of tumbling mats, squealing at the cuteness of the girls and boys as they tried their hardest, and the rest of the time admiring his husband. He'd known from the beginning how kind Hyukjae was, but was still amazed at the amount of patience he had as he went from child to child, praising and gently offering encouragement and correction. Had the ghost had a heart, he was sure it would have been fluttering madly. He didn't think it was possible after the first class, but his admiration for Hyukjae grew more and more as they day wore on. With only a brief stop to shove whatever microwave slop he'd brought down his throat and a growing pile of empty water bottles, the mortal actually seemed to gain energy with each, more advanced class. Until the most advanced students, when Donghae got a chance to impress his husband almost as much as he'd been impressed.
  Hyukjae was about halfway through the last class and had just explained a particularly difficult move that required a partner. Some of the students had asked for a demonstration and he'd been carefully considering who to choose since he didn't want anyone else hurt. One of the girls had already twisted her ankle with a bad landing and was currently sitting next to Donghae with her foot on a chair and an ice pack on her bandaged ankle to reduce swelling.
  Seeing his husband's reluctance to risk any of the students Donghae piped up with a, "I'll do it with you Hyukkie if you'd like."
  Hyukjae raised his eyebrows. "Are you sure Hae? You've never shown me you could dance at all."
  "I'm not the dancing machine you are my darling Monkey, but I do know this move."
  "Come on Mister Lee! We want to see you dance with your husband!" All the students yelled, clapping and cheering as Donghae slid off the mats.
  "I'll just change real quick, then I'll show you."
  Donghae ducked into Hyukjae's changing room and thought himself into dance clothes and shoes, barely remembering in his eagerness to wait a couple minutes before walking back out and over to his husband, who still looked skeptical. As they took their positions the mortal whispered in the ghost's ear, "are you sure you want to do this my y Fishy?"
  Donghae smirked and pecked Hyukjae's nose. "Watch me."
  Hyukjae wasn't the only one watching as they started to move. The entire class had started out cheering and whistling, then fell silent as one move turned into an entire impromptu performance as the couple danced as though they'd been doing it their entire lives.
  After about five minutes, though to them it felt like both an eternity and no time at all, the married couple managed to return to reality and broke apart. Hyukjae was sweating and breathing hard, and Donghae would have if he could have as he whispered, "how do you like them moves Hyukkie?"
  Hyukjae chuckled. "Why you little sneak! Just wait til I get you home later."
  "Promise?"
  Donghae and Hyukjae finally broke their gaze when the entire class exploded into shouts of, "THAT WAS AMAZING MISTER AND MISTER LEE!!!!"
  Hyukaje and Donghae smiled and bowed. Just before the ghost went back to his seat, the mortal whispered in his ear again. "You are just full of surprises my y, sneaky Fishy."
  Donghae smirked. "You have no idea my darling Monkey ert."