01.

Jimin Jimin Challenge [VMIN]

A/N: Inspired by the Charlie Charlie challenge. c;

   Kim Taehyung believed in the strangest things. Aliens, monsters, ghosts, and most strangest of all...Park Jimin. 

   Legend has it that if you cross pencils in a t formation and surround it with 'yes' and no', Park Jimin will mysteriously appear. It was said that if you attracted Jimin, he would grant you one wish. The downside was: if he didn't like you...well, let's just say it isn't pretty.

   Taehyung didn't give two s about the wish; all he cared about was actually seeing the 'so-called handsome' ghost. 

   So here he was, with the lights brought to a dim and the curtains drawn. His soft brown eyes bore intensely into the paper, and just from concentrating, a small drop of perspiration rolled down his neck.

   "Jimin, Jimin, are you --" Taehyung began the chant when he was interrupted by the loud sound of a door swinging open.

   "TAEHYUNG WILL YOU ING SHUT THE UP!" His roommate stormed into the dark room, her eyebrow twitching with annoyance. Her voice rose to a squeak, kind of like a bird, "IF YOU'RE GOING TO SUMMON ING GHOSTS DO IT SOMEWHERE ELSE BECAUSE --" 

   "Someone's on their period," Taehyung muttered quietly beneath his breath as he collected the utensils and stashed them into his bag. "Okay, chill, I'll go summon 'ing ghosts' at the park." 

   "You better, asshat," She spat as he passed by her. 

   "Whatever," Taehyung said over his broad shoulder as he shut the door behind him, right in her face. "Ah, sweet revenge."

*  *  *

   "Ugh ~ Hoseok, I thought you were better than that! Faster!"

   "Damn, Yoongi, you're so big ~"

   "Bro," Taehyung began as he caught sight of the two. "What the actual are you guys doing?" 

   Yoongi flashed a gummy smile at his old pal and got off of Hoseok. "I was helping him do push-ups. For a great dancer, he's weak." 

   "Am not!" Hoseok exclaimed childishly, jutting out his lower lip in a pout. "You're heavy, hyung, that's why!"

   "Yeah, yeah," Yoongi brushed him off with a roll of his eyes. His eyes trailed to Taehyung's backpack, and he immediately knew what's up.

   "You heard about the you know what?" Yoongi leaned in close, whispering for no apparent reason.

   Taehyung gave him a curt nod in return.

   "Be careful. The last guy who summoned Jimin was never heard of again," Yoongi breathed, before ushering both his and Hoseok's asses out of there.

   "Now then," Taehyung said as he settled  on the cushiony grass. "Shall we continue, Park Jimin?"

   Hunched over the paper and pencils, he chanted, "Jimin, Jimin, are you here? Jimin, Jimin, are you here?"

   For a moment, nothing happened. Taehyung had felt so disappointed that he considered packing up and leaving. Until he felt cold breath on his neck.

   Ever so slightly turning his face, he mentally prepared himself. There, standing two inches away from his face, was Park Jimin. And damn was he hot. 

   "Kim Taehyung, is it?" The boy murmured, his empty eyes staring straight into Taehyung's lively ones. Taehyung felt a chill run up his spine.

   A few more minutes passed of blankly staring at each other. Finally, he broke the silence, "I knew you were real! I knew it!" In a blur of excitement, he instinctively reached out and grabbed the boy's shoulders.

   Except that he couldn't. His fingers went right through the boy. He tried his best to contain a surprised gasp.

   "That tickles." Jimin tilted one side of his mouth up into a charming, yet half-hearted smile. He seductively ran a hand through his tousled, smooth hair, and simply said, "Assuming you know my story, your wish is...?

   Taehyung was in complete shock. Complete. Shock. Not only was the legendary Park Jimin standing in his face, but he was breathtakingly handsome and the wish was real. All of this was real. 

   With a giddy smile, he opened his mouth to respond. But his words caught in his throat. 

   He felt a strange nagging sensation at his heart, something he wasn't able to explain. He strangely was attached to the boy, instead of vice versa, and he liked him already. 

   But above all, the look in the ghost's empty eyes made him feel pity. Sympathy. Sorrow. The ghost held a true look of loneliness and sadness in his eyes. Legendary Jimin. Sad.

   "Well?" Jimin demanded, jerking Taehyung back into reality and out of his thoughts. "What will it be? Money? Fame? Love?" 

   "I wish for you to live again," Taehyung stated simply, as though it were the easiest thing to say in the entire universe.

   Jimin's empty eyes widened. "What? What was that?" He asked, though he heard it loud and clear.

   Taehyung lifted up his head, fixing his intense gaze on the ghost's face. 

   "I wish -- no, I want -- you to be living again. Here. Next to me."

   He sounded so confident, so sure of himself. Jimin, however, was having a difficult time registering Taehyung's words.

   "Surely you want a better wish," Jimin insisted, refusing to believe in the male's words. "Surely you don't want to waste your one wish on me."

   Taehyung stubbornly shook his head no and confirmed that he indeed wanted Jimin to walk Earth. Alive.

   Finally, and with a gentle laugh, Jimin stepped back. "Your wish," He began as he slowly started to fade away. "Is my command."

   And he disappeared. Completely. 

   Taehyung waited anxiously, twiddling his thumbs together. He was worried the ghost -- no, Jimin -- had gone because of the ridiculousness of his wish. What if it couldn't come true? What if...?

   Something in his instincts told him to look up. And he did. A genuine smile etched onto his sharp features as he spotted this real-looking boy in the distance. 

   There, standing majestically in the sunset, was Park Jimin. And he was smiling. For real.