The Siege Pt. 1

Avatar: Legend of Kyungsoo

 

During the duration of time that Kyungsoo and the others were at the Southern Air Temple, Republic City went through many drastic changes. Kang Soo became a horrific dictator and forced men, fathers and husbands to band together in an army to find and capture the avatar, stripping them away from their homes and loved ones. Anyone who refused was sent to prison for life. Kang Soo managed to get a majority of the people who lost their homes in Ba Sing Se on his side, causing them to wish death upon Kyungsoo. The Wu family had also made an appearance to the city not too long after the wreckage.

"King Wu! Good to see you," said Kang Soo.

"Have you found that demon child of yours yet?" said Mr. Wu.

"No, but I've sent countless numbers of troups out searching. He won't be hiding for long. I see you brought your son," Kang Soo said, eyes moving towards Kris.

"Yes. I want Yi Fan to be the one to kill the avatar. I want him to be killed by the one he loved. That is, if you don't mind," said Mr. Wu.

"By all means, be my guest."

"I won't do it father.." Kris muttered.

"Yi Fan, you have no choice. I already told you once before, if you go against me you will die as well," said Wu.

"I'd rather die then kill the boy I love..." said Kris.

"Then so be it," Kang Soo said raising an arm to earthbend.

"Just a moment, Kang Soo. I have a technique, a very ancient technique that I had my Dai Li agents test out, and it works." Kris gulped and closed his eyes tightly, preparing for the hypnosis that would come upon him, and there was nothing he could do to stop it.

 

 

"Dad! We're back!" Xiumin called as he and Luhan sprung out of the Water Tribe boat. Suho ran towards them, cautiously looking around for spies. "We couldn't find them..."

"I know where they are. Yixing called me from the Southern Air Temple, they're alright, and I believe they could be on their way here right now," said Suho.

"What? But why?? There are thousands of people who want Kyungsoo dead and that's exactly what's going to happen if he comes here!" said Xiumin.

"We have to trust him, Xiumin. I have faith in the avatar and also--" Suho paused mid-sentence as his eyes wandered out to the sea. In the distance, he could see the flags of North swaying in the wind, attached to ships. An entire fleet of Northern Water Tribe ships. "I called for reinforcements. Kang Soo and Wu won't get away with what they're doing," said Suho.

"D-Does this mean there's gonna be a war?" asked Luhan.

"I'm afraid so, but they've given us no choice," said Suho. Xiumin grabbed Luhan's hand and squeezed it tightly, giving him a reassuring smile.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you," he said.

"What on earth is going on???" Mayor Huang called, urgently rushing towards them.

"I'm glad you're here, mayor. We're about to---"

"Have you gone completely insane??? You called for your Northern tribe to fight??? This will only make matters worse Cheif Suho!!" Suho put a hand on the mayor's shaking shoulder to calm him down.

"I know you're upset because the city is out of your control and your son has run away, but trust me, we're going to rid that filthy 'president' from this city and you can claim it back as yours once again," said Suho.

"Your troops coming here and the Dai Li agents from Ba Sing Se will cause nothing but armageddon for Republic City!!"

"A fleet from the Northern Water Tribe? Chief Suho, I knew you were sneaky so I thought I would keep an eye on you," Suho and everyone else turned around to see Kang Soo standing before them, hands crossed behind his back with a strange smirk on his face.

"You knew they were coming??" said Mayor Huang.

"I suspected treachery, so Wu and I had a few Dai Li spies. But do as you please, I won't stop you," Kang Soo said then turned his back, preparing to walk away, then paused for a moment. "Just tell them to be....cautious when the come nearer to shore," he said, walking away smugly.

"What exactly is that supposed to mean???" Suho shouted after him, but received no response. Xiumin noticed mayor Huang's eyes widening as the ships ranged closer.

"What is it?" said Xiumin.

"The mines...."

"Mines?"

"They can't come any closer! Stop them!!" shouted Mayor Huang. It was too late. The ships were already inches away from the shore, and just like that, the explosions burst like a million firecrackers had been set off at once. Fiery flames and dark black smoke rose up in the sky, blocking the view of the ships from where they were standing. Suho made an attempt to run towards the explosion, but Xiumin held him back.

"Dad no! It's too dangerous, there could be more," he said.

"The troops..." 

It didn't take long for the fire to clear out, as an ominous rain sprinkled down, extinguishing the massive flames into dark purple embers. Xiumin looked up to the sky, shielding his eyes from the bright sunlight. He could see the silhouette of a flying beast.

"Is that...?" A giant bison. A flying bison from the Air Nomads. The gentle beast came down, landing softly on the soil.

"Kyungsoo! Yixing!" Suho called. Lay hopped off of the bison and ran to hug his father. Xiumin joined in on the hug as well.

"Yixing! We were worried about you!" said Xiumin.

"It's okay, everybody's alright," said Lay.

"Avatar Kyungsoo! Why have you come??" said Mayor Huang.

"I'm here to face my father, and also Mr. Wu. If you knew their intentions you wouldn't be so surprised," said Kyungsoo. 

"Dad...?" said a small voice from the bison's back. Mayor Huang squinted his eyes towards the sound, casting his eyes upon his son.

"Tao...are you alright??" he cried as Tao jumped off running to hug him.

"I'm okay now..." Tao said sniffling as his eyes watered.

"I think the ships should be okay, Chief Suho," said Kyungsoo. Suho turned to see some of the Northern fleet ships lightly inflamed on the bow, but no major damages. The warriors docked their ships and walked onto the shore. Suho went to greet them and explain everything.

"Now," Kyungsoo said turning back to Mayor Huang,"...where's my father?"

 

----------------------------------------

A/N: Two more chapters, I might double update, if not today then tomorrow