4

again...

With his bleeding wrist, Jungkook touched Jimin's face. His touch was very light this time, not the usual type of touch that he used to use on Jimin. That room is filled with a depressing atmosphere. Jimin was on his left side, while Jin was on his right side. Before he dared talking to Jimin, he looked at his older brother, Jin. Like he was asking for some kind of permission.

"Hyung.. Don't hate me.." Jungkook repeated the same thing over and over again. "Remember what I told you yesterday?" He smiled faintly while staring at JImin's face. The face that he will remember even in his next life, the face that brought happiness to him, the face that he will miss forever. Since he don't know when will the next time be, or will there be a next time for him?

"Which one, Kookie?" Jimin is trying hard to remember everything that Jungkook told him yesterday. But nothing important came to his memory. Jungkook's warm hand went away from his face. This time, that boy was searching for Jimin's hand. After he found what he was looking for, he put it on his chest. His position on Jimin's lap enabled him to do it easily.

No matter how many times Jungkook inhaled the air aound him, he still feels suffocated. He didn't cry yesterday although it hurts him so much when Jimin thought that he was only fooling around. His confession was nothing to the guy who is madly in love with his cousin. "I love you, hyung.. I really do."

Now Jimin remember clearly.

Jungkook asked him what would he do if there is a guy who likes him. "I would punch him, or just laugh and walk away if he looks scary."

"What if I tell you, that I am that 'guy'?" Jungkook rose from his seat and stood in front of Jimin. Hearing the latter's laugh, he pouted. "Do I look scary? You're laughing."

Jimin wouldn't stop laughing until Jungkook whispered something into his ear. "I love you."

His heart did stop for a moment after hearing Jungkook's confession. He also tried his best to hide his shaky hands. 'Please tell me you're just kidding..'

Jungkook thought that Jimin's sudden silence was because he's thinking of a way to reject him or another way to make fun of him.

"Yes~ I love you too brat. In my dream! Oh no, I'm late!" Jimin ruffled Jungkook's hair before getting away from that place. 'There's no room for me in your heart right Jiminnie...? Not at all.'

Jungkook's shaky voice woke Jimin up to reality.

"In another life, I would be your girl.. In other life, you would make me stay. So you don't have to say that I was the one that got away. Please be happy.."

Now Jungkook reached for Jin's hand after letting go of Jimin's. "Jin hyung, thank you for everything. For being a father when I need one. For being a mother when I need love.. For being a sister when I need to tell you something.. For being a brother when I need you for everything. Forgive this ungrateful being.. Don't hate Jimin hyung.. He don't have anything to do with this.." Even during his last moment, he still protected Jimin.

Tears started to roll down on Jimin's cheeks when he realised that Jungkook's wings are slowly disappearing. Time is envying them. Every tick of the clock gets louder and louder.

"Hyung.. may I..?" He reached for Jimin's hand once again and this time, he puts it on his cheeks. As he closed his eyes, a pair of plump lips kissed his forehead.

"I love you too.." Jimin managed to say before Jungkook wings completely fades away.

Jin and Jimin stared at that cold, soulless, wingless body. Jungkook is not with them anymore. Next to him, there is a dagger. A poisoned dagger. It must be the dagger that Jungkook used to slit his wrist. Without thinking twice, Jimin grabbed it and tried to stab it into his own chest. Luckily, Jin acted faster. At the same time, Eunbi came.

"Jimin.. Think about her! You've had her hand for marriage! Do you want to take her life with you too?!" Jin shouted in his face, making him dropped the dagger.

"Jungkook's last wish, he wanted you to be happy.." Jin's voice turned softer. Maybe Jimin will calm down if he used the right method. Jimin ignored  Eunbi who is wailing at the door, calling for Jungkook's name. He went to the dead body and gently put it on the bed.

Jimin forced a smile after covering Jungkook's dead body with his blue blanket. "Guys, maybe.. our Kookie is just... sleeping... " He stuttered. Trying to deny the fact that each person in that room already know.

_____

After Jungkook's funeral, Jimin turned into a complete different person. He would visit Jin just to sit in Jungkook's room for hours. He would get sentimental over an ice cream. He had completely lost interest in Eunbi. Talking about Eunbi, they won't get married.

Both of them, Jimin and Eunbi went to the dark forest a few months ago, just to look for a specific old man. That old man is the only person who could break the bond that they had since Jimin proposed to Eunji. Of course nothing is free.

"With the condition that you will not follow the person who's body is separated from his soul. Try to endure this life, for him. I promise you, a sweet future awaits if you agree with this."

That old man didn't look at either of them. So Eunji thought that he's talking to her. But actually, he is referring to JImin.

The ritual was simple. He linked hands with Eunji and Jimin, chanted a spell and its done.

"It's day 366 today. How long do I have to wait?" Jimin stared at the grave in front of him. The Baby's Breath which he planted is blooming proudly next to the grave. Those white petite flowers are the only witnesses who saw Jimin's true self. They saw him crying, while he pretended to be strong out there.

"You missed me right?" He smiled, reminiscing about the sweet dream which he had yesterday. Jungkook was there, sitting in his room, on the same spot where he died. They talked about everything in that dream, except for one thing. They didn't talk about them. But being with Jungkook like that is enough for Jimin to the point where he never wanted to wake up from that dream.

After placing a thorny white rose on top of the grave, Jimin sighed. He don't want to leave, but he have to. The old man's voice kept on lingering in his head, "Try to endure this life, for him. I promise you, a sweet future awaits if you agree with this."  Jimin was confident, the sweet future that he mentioned includes Jungkook. So he have to live.

"Kookie~ Hyung will come again later okay? Bye.. my love.."

_____

"Why does this hallway feels so far away?" Jimin ran with his phone in his hand. He forgot to wear his socks, but no one will care anyway, except for the disciplinary teacher. His friend texted him, saying their Mathematics teacher is turning into a 'monster' right now. This is the fourth time in a row in this week Jimin had been late to school.

It is his sister's fault for not waking him up, he blamed her. Actually, the poor girl did tried to wake him up several times. But he drove her away by saying, "I'm already awake, please leave me alone will you?", with half opened eyelids, he said those words and forgot about it the next second.

"Why do I have to live like this? Wouldn't it be good if I have a pair of wings.." His started  to daydreaming while running. Imagining himself with a pair of black wings. It would be good so that he wont have to hurt his feet while running to class.

"I'm sorry.. I'm sorry.." He bumped into a girl. It was obviously his fault, but the girl kept on apologizing.

Jimin wanted to ignore the girl. Maybe she is just one of his fans, he's quite popular with his looks to be honest. He's not that arrogant to ignore her, but one thing for sure, he is very late now.

"Excuse me.. Your phone.." The girl's voice was slow, but clear. He went to get it back from her and whispered a small 'thank you'. Before he could run again, the girl tugged his school uniform. At first, he wanted to get mad, but instead, he stared at her.

Her eyes shone like a crystal, but only certain people would notice because of her big round glasses on. While her hair, its long and black. As shiny as her eyes. Jimin's eyes last stop is at her lips. Those lips are beautifully red. On top of that, she had those cute bunny teeth with her.

Without realising it, Jimin is staring at her.

"I'm sorry, can you repeat what you said earlier?" He tried to cover his embarassment by casually asking the girl to repeat herself.

"Can you show me the way to the office? I' m new here.." The girl fixed her glasses with her index finger after completing her sentence. Feeling insecure after being stared by that guy.

A plan popped in Jimin's head. With a bright smile, he is ready to lead the way.

"Come with me, bunny." The girl didn't hear the word 'bunny', because Jimin said it slowly, almost whispering to himself.