final

small weird love

Since Byun Baekhyun was 6 he wanted to be in love, but not any kind of love. He wanted devastating, extraordinary, passionate, life changing love. The kind of love that make you feel like your lungs could give up at any minute, the kind of love that make you feel like your heart is filling all your chest. The kind of love that makes people go crazy, write songs and books and poems. He dreams about it, about having someone who could make him feel like there’s no other person for him, your first thought as you wake up and your last goodnight before falling sleep. He swears he’ll be good, so good. He just needs to wait and that’s what he still does until Park Chanyeol happens.

It’s not that the boy is not good; it is in fact, a good one, a very good one. That’s why Baekhyun choose him as his best friend after just a couple weeks of practice together. Above all the other 10 boys left, he chooses Chanyeol. Because Chanyeol is warm, Chanyeol is charming, Chanyeol is funny, and Chanyeol is loud and confident and familiar.

But as time is passing by and they become more and more famous and busy but also close to each other, Baekhyun says to himself “the boy’s not good, the boy is just not good.” Almost as a mantra, he says this before sleeping, when he just woke up, every time Chanyeol takes him into his arms, or just touches him. Making Baekhyun put on a smile as he feels his heart clench.

They share more than time on stage and their time on stage is almost as good as they’re time offstage. On stage, Baekhyun feels like they’re on a private bubble too, or sort off. Sometimes sitting together, or whispering or sharing jokes and water bottles. Of course they also joke with the other members but they also always end up together which is not weird at all, that’s something Luhan and Minseok have. Or that’s what Baekhyun says to himself, he just doesn’t dare to say those things out loud.

Chanyeol protects him when they’re on the airport, arm on arm and Baekhyun feels like he could call him home.

But what is worst that having to stand to close to the one that burns your skin and makes your heart clench is feeling the distance, and it happens, sometimes is like Baekhyun doesn’t even exist but he can’t say anything out loud, more things to only say to himself because of course, being in a band Chanyeol sometimes wants to spend time with the other members just as Baekhyun does but at the end of the day they still best friends. That is going to be your anchor.  

They share late night secrets, and drunken laughs, and movies, and clothes and inside jokes that leave the rest of the band confused. They share so much Baekhyun is almost sure that parts of him are part of Chanyeol too.

He sleeps and dreams and makes up things he would never say to his best friend. So he just says them very quietly, to himself.

The thing is, Byun Baekhyun wanted to be in love and Park Chanyeol happened to be in the way.