Ink, paper and silent I love you's.

Ink, paper and silent I love you's.

Sehun moves in in a nice neighbourhood in the suburbs with his parents. His bedroom is pretty big – not as big as his parents’ bedroom though. And it comes with a pretty big window which right across of one his neighbours’ bedroom windows. Whilst unpacking, he looks out his new bedroom window and sees another boy – he thinks he’s about Sehun’s age – enter the bedroom of the neighbours’ house. Sehun spontaneously waves at the guy. The guy is a bit startled but waves back shyly. Next, Sehun decides to rip off piece of cardboard from one of the boxes he’s unpacking from and takes a black marker and starts writing "Hi! I just moved in here, I'm Sehun”

The guy is startled again but takes a notepad and writes back "I'm Jongin, welcome to the neighbourhood" and smiles shyly. Sehun decides he likes this kid.

 

-

 

The next day his room is pretty much unpacked. In the afternoon he went out to buy an A6 format notebook to communicate with Jongin. He hasn’t made any friends yet so he sees this as a nice opportunity. In the evening he waits for Jongin to appear in his room. When he does, Sehun is excited to communicate with him but doesn’t really know what to say so decides to not write anything at all.

 

-

 

The next evening he waits again and has thought of something to talk about. As soon as Jongin appears he starts writing.

"Hey Jongin!"

Jongin didn’t really expect Sehun to write something again aside from the day he moved in but decides to take his notepad anyway.

"Hi!"

"What school do you go to?" Sehun hopes Jongin attends the same school as he will soon. It will be easy to start making friends this way.

"I'm homeschooled..."

With this Sehun’s shoulders drop.

"Oh. I thought it would've been nice to know someone when i go-"

"- to school for the first time tomorrow" He had to write that on two pages.

"Yeah I get that" Jongin writes back with a look of empathy.

Sehun sighs because he doesn’t really know what to say now. But then Jongin starts writing.

"Where are you from?"

"I lived in Busan before moving here. My dad found better job here."

"I've been in Busan before, it's nice there" Jongin smiles as he holds up the written reply.

"Please don't laugh at my Busan accent though" Sehun smiles back.

"Oh I promise you, I won’t. I don’t know what it sounds like you see."

"Didn't you just say you've been there before??" Sehun holds up his message with a confused look.

"Yeah, but... I'm deaf you see."

Sehun doesn’t immediately know what to write back because he didn’t see that one coming. Before he can think of something to reply, Jongin starts writing.

"It's okay, don't worry. Anyway, I'm going to bed, goodnight!"

"Goodnight!"

And Sehun goes to bed feeling weird about jongin being deaf.

 

-

 

The next day, Sehun makes a few friends at school, but Jongin is on his mind all day.

In the evening Jongin sits in his bedroom secretly anticipating for Sehun to come around, but he doesn’t show up. Around 11pm however, Jongin notices a car stopping in front of Sehun’s house. He sees Sehun stepping out and saying goodbye to a few people in the car. Jongin guesses they’re about his and Sehun’s age. Probably Sehun’s new friends from school, he thinks to himself.

 

-

 

The next evening Sehun is in his room, and Jongin is the one who starts writing first this time. "Hey! Didn't see you yesterday"

"Yeah, I went out with some new friends" Sehun lies.

"Oh, it's great that you made friends so soon" Jongin smiles although he feels a little envious. Of course Sehun would make friends that quick. He’s handsome, he’s friendly, looks pretty charming and, although that probably doesn’t matter to his new friends, has a lovely handwriting.

"Yeah, I guess I'm just lucky" Sehun smiles.

Jongin doesn’t really know what to reply to that, but Sehun flips over a page and starts writing.

"How about you join me to hang out after school sometime?"

To this Jongin is startled and a pang of anxiety runs through his chest. He starts writing and hopes Sehun doesn’t notice how nervous that question made him because of how messy his reply is written.

"I can't, my parents don't let me out of the house much" he lies.

"Oh" is Sehun’s reply, accompanied with a pout.

"Yeah" is the only reply Jongin can manage.

"Goodnight, Jongin"

"Goodnight, Sehun"

 

-

 

The next morning Jongin is up early and sees Sehun leave for school.

In the evening Sehun comes home at 10:30pm and Jongin is a bit jealous. He decides to close his curtains and goes to bed early.

 

-

 

The next morning Jongin wakes up at 9am, he opens his curtains and is faced with a ripped out piece of paper taped on Sehun’s bedroom window which reads a simple "Good morning".

In the evening, Sehun comes home late again and Jongin starts to accept the fact that the only friend.. is Sehun his friend? he doesn’t know. The only person he "talks" to, aside from his parents, has a lot of friends now and will soon forget all about him.

Sehun enters his bedroom and takes the good morning note off his window.

"Hm, didn't think that through, I basically wished you good morning during-

"- lunch now too" Sehun smiles.

"It's okay, it was really cute to wake up to" Jongin admits.

"So, how you holding up with your parents not letting you out and all?"

"I'm used to it" Jongin lies.

To this Sehun’s shoulders drop, feeling like he probably just asked a ty question.

"What are your new friends like?" Jongin writes.

"They're nice people" Sehun lies

"Oh niee"

"???"

"Sorry, nice*. My hand went a little crazy there"

To this Sehun laughs and Jongin goes to bed wondering what Sehun’s laugh sounds like.

 

-

 

The next morning Jongin doesn’t wake up to a cute good morning note taped against Sehun’s window.

As per usual, Sehun comes home late, but it doesn’t bother Jongin anymore.

"How was school?" Jongin writes

"Boring. How was homeschooling?"

"Quiet" and Sehun instantly laughs at the deaf reference joke Jongin wrote down.

They write a little more until Sehun decides it's getting late and Jongin agrees. Sehun goes to bed wondering if Jongin has more jokes like these.

 

-

 

The next evening Sehun comes home to a view on a bedroom with no Jongin in it, but a note against its window that reads "Out to my grandparents for the weekend.

Goodnight

Good morning

Goodnight

Good morning ♡"

And Sehun doesn’t know if he should read into it like that, but the little heart made his own skip a beat.

 

-

 

The week after Jongin's return goes by the same as usual: Sehun coming home late, Jongin wondering why Sehun’s parents are fine with him staying out so late and writing some conversation on pages of notebooks. Some are just small talk, other conversations a bit deeper and meaningful.

 

-

 

A week later nothing really changed. The only difference being a little written heart greeting one of the two in the morning - depending on who woke up first. And two little hearts wishing each other good night - Jongin being on the receiving end of messy hearts though. Sehun may have a nice handwriting, but his heart drawing skills are . But Jongin decides he likes them.

 

-

 

One Monday morning Sehun sees Jongin’s mother at her mailbox in her front yard before he goes to school "Miss Kim?"

"Hi?"

"Hi, I'm Oh Sehun" he smiles as he sticks out a hand for her to shake, "I'm the kid that moved in next door a few weeks ago."

"Oh it's so nice to meet you!"

"Likewise ma'am. I should go to school now, can you tell Jongin I said hi?"

"What?"

"Sorry?"

"Do you know Jongin?"

"Well, our bedroom windows are across from each other you see. We have been exchanging some notes.."

To this miss Kim stays quiet for a few seconds. "Thank you, Sehun. Jongin isn't one to leave the house a lot, although I tell him to all the time. I guess he's afraid, you know, considering he's deaf - wait, he told you that right?" to this Sehun nods a reply "Oh good, well. It must mean a lot to him to make a friend this way. Thank you, Sehun" and Sehun decides to be late for school because he has something to ask of miss Kim.

Sehun comes home late, and Jongin had been waiting, but fell asleep on his notepad on his bed. Sehun decides it’s the cutest thing he has ever seen and goes to bed thinking about cute, sleepy Jongin.

 

-

 

The next day Jongin isn’t greeted by a cute good morning heart and he slightly panics, thinking Sehun may be upset with him because he wasn’t awake last night.

After school hours, Jongin sits in his room drawing a bit in his sketch book when suddenly his mum walks in and signs to him "You have a visitor"

"What?" Jongin signs back and squints his eyes to his mum’s hands, thinking he must have seen her signing wrong.

"You have a visitor" his mum signs with a smile. And from behind her Sehun appears. Jongin is shocked and slightly panics, he immediately signs to his mum "Are you going to stay here to sign?" but his mum simply smiles and goes downstairs.

Jongin, although in disbelief that Sehun (who’s apparently slightly taller than him, and handsome, so handsome up close) is in his own bedroom instead of behind two glass windows, grabs for his notebook and a marker. But Sehun stops him by taking his hands (oh my god he’s touching him) (Jongin decides his hands feel nice, soft and warm) and shakes his head with a smile (his smile is so nice from up close). Jongin is left dumbfounded and doesn’t know what to do, until Sehun lets go of his hands and…

"No need to write it down anymore" and Jongin can’t believe what he’s seeing... literally, seeing. Sehun just signed at him.

"You" Jongin pauses his hands "You know how to sign?"

"Since recently" Sehun laughs as he signs.

"When? Why?" Jongin is simply baffled.

"I decided to..." but then Sehun’s hands stop mid-air and he stands there, confused, trying to remember something. But then he takes out a little notepad and a pen "I decided to take signing classes as an after school activity the Monday after I met you. Sorry, I didn’t know how to sign that. I’m still learning."

Jongin reads this and reads it again. And he reads it again and then he can’t read it anymore because his vision has gone a little blurry. He doesn’t know what to sign, but decides to hug Sehun instead. And Sehun returns the hug, and Jongin decides Sehun smells nice.

"Thank yuu"

Sehun suddenly breaks the hug to look at Jongin, looking amazed.

"Did I pronounce that right?" Jongin signs, a slight blush on his cheeks.

And Sehun just nods and feels his heart skip multiple beats. Sehun decides Jongin is not good for his health.

They spent the evening together signing and laughing, and Sehun thinks Jongin has the most beautiful laugh he has ever heard and finds it unfortunate that Jongin can’t hear it himself.

"I can say a few more things, you know" Jongin signs.

"Like what?" Sehun signs back laughing.

"Dogs" Jongin says and Sehun laughs at the randomness in that.

"Amazing" Sehun signs

"I’m glad" Jongin says and Sehun laughs because who taught him words as random as this?

"But also," Jongin signs "I love you" Jongin says.

And Sehun doesn’t laugh but kisses Jongin instead. And Jongin decides Sehun’s lips have the sweetest taste.

 

-

 

Jongin has never heard a sound before in his life, nor can he hear voices and he can’t quite gasp the concept of music. But the way Sehun feels, the way Sehun looks, the way Sehun smells and the way Sehun tastes, makes Jongin decide Sehun is the most beautiful melody he has ever heard.

 

 

 

A/N: If you spot any typos feel free to point them out so I can edit them. Also, sorry if this was too cheesy, I got a bit carried away near the end. (^◇^;)