Blanket Kick

Blanket Kick

Inspired from Blanket Kick - BTS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O72Ybb2mxHc

--------------------

"Aish!!"

The white blanket became crumpled up from Jungkook's frustrated little kicks. The more he thinks about you, the more angry he felt at himself. Whenever he saw you, he was fascinated by your beauty. From head to toe, you are perfect to him. He is definitely head over heels for you.

"Why can't I say or do anything right in front of her?" he questioned himself madly, as if he should have done it easily.

Right at that moment, the doorbell rang. Jungkook's mom called out for him, saying that a friend of his wants to see him. Jungkook cluelessly headed for the door.

"Hey Jungkook! I think we accidentally swapped our textbook when we bumped into each other in school earlier" you held out his Math textbook.

Although you seemed calm, you tried hard not to melt in front of him. If his good looks could kill a person, you would already be dead by now. And you will not even regret your own death because the last thing you see when you're alive is his face and that is enough to make you happy. As cheesy as it sounds, it's probably the best thought you could ever have in your little fantasy land.

"Oh, I'll take your book from my bag. Hold on!" Jungkook immediately dashed off to his room. Instead of taking the book first, he jumped to his bed and covered himself with his blanket as if he had just seen a ghost.

"Is that really her outside? Wha-How does she know where i live? Oh wait, her book" he foolishly smacked his head, took the book and rushed back outside.

"Here you go," he blankly handed you the book and took his one from you.

"Thanks! I guess I'll get going-" you were about to leave when Jungkook butted in.

"W-wait! Where do you live?" he blurted out. He mentally cursed at himself for sounding like a ert all of a sudden.

"Oh erm.. Right down the road" you pointed to the direction of your house.

"I'll walk with you since uhh, my mom asked me to buy something from the shop" he made up a lie and managed a nervous grin.

You silently chuckled at his adorable behaviour. You could tell straight away that his mom did not want him to buy anything form the shop. What a terrible liar.

There was an awkward atmosphere surrounding the both of you when you guys started walking side by side. You could vaguely hear Jungkook's uneven breaths.

"Are you.. okay? You look worried"you broke the silence.

"Me? Y-yeah. I'm okay. You?" he awkwardly asked.

"I'm fine, thank you" you chuckled.

Silence filled the air once again. Jungkook suddenly had the urge to confess to you right then. He just wanted you to know how he felt, even if you don't feel the same way. How long is he going to kick his blanket whenever he thinks about how foolish he looked in front of you? If he tell you that he likes you, he can at least stop worrying about these little things. He finally took a deep breath and mustered up his courage.

"_____-ah, I like you" he stopped walking abruptly, after saying those words he had yearned to say to you.

You stopped walking after a few steps due to your slow reaction. You were at a loss of words, foot rooted to the ground. Your back was still facing him. Should you turn around and ask him to repeat what he just said? But you're certain you had heard him right...

Jungkook stepped in front of you to face you. You could feel sincerity in his eyes.

"I don't know when I started liking you, but I know that I have fallen for you. Even before you came knocking at my door, I can't help but to get mad at myself for stupidly bumping into you in school. I didn't mean to hurt you..." he trailed off.

When you stayed silent, Jungkook searched your eyes.

"Yah.. you okay? S-say something at least" he rubbed the back of his neck nervously. You broke into a soft smile, your heartbeat racing.

"I like you too" you confessed softly. You could feel heat rushing to your cheeks.

"R-really? Y-you do?" he stuttered, blinking his eyes in disbelief.

"Yah.. don't make me repeat. I'm gonna say it once" you pretended to sulk, walking away.

Jungkook immediately caught up beside you, slipping his hand in yours carefully.

"Can't you repeat it once more? Please?" he tried the magic word.

As much as you dont want to say it again, you figured that you've been waiting for so long to say it to him. So why not repeat it while you can?

"I like you too, Jungkook-ah" you said it more confidently this time.

Jungkook grinned a sheepish one, swinging your hands while you guys walked. His body started to feel more relaxed now as his heart felt complete with you as his other half. He couldn't believe that you're now his. To double confirm that this is not a dream, he pulled you into a warm embrace in the middle of the pathway. He didn't care if people were staring at the both of you. He just wants to make sure you're really in his arms now.