The day I met him

Happy Run

Happy Run


The loud music emitting from the huge speakers was deafening, but Mali couldn’t care less. On stage, only meters from her was her favorite group running around - dancing, rapping and singing. Her friends had granted her one of the best gifts she could possibly get: a ticket to BTS’s concert that took place on her birthday. It felt beyond surreal for her but the many fangirls around - who was pushing and pressing forward to get as close as possible to the scene- told her differently. Singing along with the song, Mali knew her voice would be hoarse the next day but that didn’t matter in the moment.

 

“Thank you so much for coming everyone!” Rap Monster shouted into the microphone, a giant smile plastered on his lips and sweat running down his face when the final song had ended.

“We hoped all of you enjoyed the concert! Get home safe everyone!” Jimin yelled and sent hearts to the fans.

“A.R.M.Y saranghae!” Jungkook and J-Hope shouted together.

 

They continued to thank the fans and promised to work harder so that they could show an even better show next time before they exited the stage; V and Jungkook had to be dragged out by a laughing Rap Monster and Jimin since they wouldn’t stop waving at the fans. The fans around Mali began to make their way towards the exits. Everything turned out to be more chaotic than she had expected, instead of the fans calmly walking out, there was yelling, ear-deafening shouting and people pushing to get out first. Hoping they would be able to see their idols, as they would leave the concert hall.

 

“Lizzie-ah?! Fanny unnie?!” Mali shouted. Her two friends who had given her the gift and went with her, were nowhere in sight. Telling herself she would be able to find them outside, Mali took a deep breath and tried to make it out without getting pushed to the ground and becoming a Mali shaped pancake.

“Out of the way!” A girl on her right shouted and walked into Mali, causing the latter to stumble.

 

As they reached, the right hallway that led to the doors to outside, she was once again pushed and she hit the wall. Not knowing where to go due to her lack in height and the many people around her Mali followed the crowd blindly. Stumbling behind a group of talkative girls, she made it to the doors leading outside, but when yet again a girl walked into her Mali lost her way in the crowd and ended up at the wall once again. What the hell is wrong with these people!? Don't they have any respect for us hobbits!? Mali noticed a door only a few meters ahead of her. It were close to the doors that lead outside but no one used it for some reason. Deciding it would be better to try her luck than being trampled down by fans. She quickly grabbed the door handle and opened the door. Peeking inside, she noticed that it led to another hallway with even more doors. Mali sighed and was about to close the door when she were pushed once again. Stumbling inside the hallway, the door closed behind her.

 

“Great!” Mali exclaimed frustrated and sighed. “Well… I guess I can just as well find a way out that doesn’t involve fans trying to run me over.” She glanced down the hallway, her nervousness slightly showing itself. Inhaling deeply, she decided to try the different doors to see if any of them led outside. The first doors she tried was either locked or led to unused rooms with couches or tables with matching chairs.

“Aish! This is leading nowhere! Maybe I should just head back, most of the fans should be gone by now.” Mali said hopelessly as she tried another door. This time she was greeted with light and quiet rap music. Curious, Mali stepped inside as silently as she could, but she couldn’t contain the loud gasp that left . Feeling her heartbeat speed up and her palms getting sweaty, she stared at her bias, who stood in front of her in only clad jeans and messy hair.

“What the…?” J-Hope turned around and his eyes went wide as he saw the girl in the doorframe. “Who are you and what are you doing here?” He asked with narrowed eyes.

“I-I f-f-fell and many doors and... And…” Her cheeks was burning a fiery red tone and her talking turned into a quiet scream-like sound. J-Hope raised an eyebrow at her.

“Not to be rude, but you’re not supposed to be here.” He sent her a crooked smile. “Besides, it’s not nice to sneak up on people when they’re changing.”

“I-I’m s-sorry!” Mali quickly stuttered and bowed around a thousand times.

“Look, I get I’m good looking but I need to get changed now. It was nice meeting you. Ta-ta~” The way he said it made Mali furrow her eyebrows.

“Hobi hyung!” A voice suddenly yelled, causing J-Hope’s teasing smile to be replaced by a serious look.

“.” He cursed and quickly pulled Mali inside the room and closed the door, just as footsteps could be hear from outside the room. Mali's breath hitched as she felt J-Hope’s hand on her arm, pulling her inside the changing room. Her eyes were as wide as an owl as she tried to look anywhere besides J-Hope's sculpted chest.

“Hobi hyung? You in there?” The voice was right outside the door by now and a quiet knock could be heard.

“Yeah, what’s up Jungkookie?” J-Hope asked through the door while putting a hand over Mali’s mouth in order to keep her quiet. She got surprised but instead of fighting it she followed his flow and just tried to breathe calmly through her nose.

“Hyung, open the door!” Jungkook whined. He's so cute! Mali thought while smiling wide into J-Hopes hand. The latter noticed that and huffed with a bit of an annoyed expression that would've made Mali his hand if not for 1), Jungkook couldn't know she was there and 2), she didn't know where his hand had been.

“I’m in the middle of changing, kid.” His words made Mali blush even deeper as she once again were reminded of the fact that she stood in a room with her half- bias. Yep, life just couldn't get any better for poor Mali.

“So what?” Jungkook asked confusedly.

“What is it you want?” J-Hope sighed out experately.

“Ugh, fine hyung.” They could practically hear how Jungkook pouted. “The other hyungs wanna eat some food. They’re asking if you can be ready in half an hour.”

“Tell them I’ll be there.” J-Hope said as he looked at Mali who immediately looked away in order to not meet his eyes.

“See ya soon hyung.” Jungkook shouted back cheerfully and the two heard as he walked away. When the footsteps were non-existent J-Hope promptly released Mali and walked over to a chair, which had a t-shirt along with a hoodie that he put on quickly while Mali had to use every amount of willpower in order to not faint because J-Hopes hand had been pressed against her lips. Oh, if only Lizzie-ah and Fann- Remembering her two friends Mali quickly became worried and felt a bit un-easy since she truly didn't know how to get to the outside of the arena.

"So, now that Jungkookie left why don't you follow that example?" J-Hope asked a bit sassily making Mali a bit irritated.

"I would have if I knew the way out smartass." She snarked back, couldn't quite believe that her bias was such a assbutt. Well - guess which idol poster that will havea new home in the bin? She thought sourly while J-Hope laughed.

"How could you not know the way out? It couldn't be any clearer unless they put neon signs on the walls." His snickering made Mali pout but he went too far when he said. "Geez, no sense of direction? And here I thought since you were a shrimp that least you would have gotten a better sense of direction." That hurt majorly, she didn't really like when people commented on her height - it were a sore subject for her.

"Well with teeth like yours one would think you could bite through steel." She snarked back with a glare, so angry that she shook Mali opened the door and walked down the hallway from where she had come from. "Damn, idiotic bias with snark enough to put professor Snape in his place." She muttered when she remembered the fact that she were still lost. "Fantastic." She rolled her eyes and weighted her options when the voice she really didn't want to hear at the moment could be heard from behind.

"Hey, anti-directioner!" Nutella give me strength! Mali turned to J-Hope who smirked at her. "I knew you would only get lost again, so as a fellow human being I took pity on you and will use my precious time to steer you, little sheep outside."

"Don't hit him, it will only make you homeless after you've been in the court." Mali muttered to herself, trying to keep calm and not er punch him. She were about to decline his offer when she heard the sound of excited girls who whispered about Rap Monster meaning one thing - fan girls. If they find me with J-Hope we're as good as dead! "Crap! Shut up and don't fight it!" She whispered harshly to J-Hope while grabbing his hand tightly.

 

With a good hold on his hand, she dragged him down the hall, away from the voices and hopefully to safety. They turned a few times before she saw a door that could've been the exit door. But she didn't get a good look on the sign and when she opened the door she saw that it were bathroom. SERIOUSLY!? She groaned out loud but she were happy because at least they had no fangirls after them.

 

"Not that I've always wanted a two meter long arm but why did you drag us in here?" J-Hope questioned when she released her hold and he massaged his hand.

"Because I want to live until I’m at least twenty and I don't know what you think but putting run overed to death by A.R.M.Y.S doesn't sound to appealing on my gravestone." Mali sassed and rubbed her temples in order to not get an headache. "This is not how I pictured my birthday - lost with bloodthirsty A.R.M.Y.S in every corner..." Feeling sad and wanting nothing more than to get outside. J-Hope looked at her with a thoughtful expression, making her give him a weird look. "What?"

"Follow me before I change my mind." J-Hope yelled over his shoulder, as he existed the bathroom.

 

Left with no choice but to follow the one who knew his way around Mali sighed before following the idol who pulled up his hoodie so no one would recognize him. As they walked Mali looked at the hoodie with want - Chinese food and hoodies were her biggest weakness after all. Lost in her own world she didn't notice that J-Hope had taken her outside until the cold breeze made her shiver. Her whole face lit up as she looked around the parking lot - never been happier to be outside.

 

"So, what can I do to make your birthday better?" Mali turned surprise to J-Hope who actually blushed a little.

"Why would you want to do that?" She asked suspiciously.

"I know what it's like to have bad birthdays, being an idol with a busy schedule isn't birthday friendly." Mali blushed when he looked straight into her eyes with an intense gaze. "So I figured if I gave you a good birthday that it would be like celebrating my own properly." He shrugged like it were no big deal but Mali had a feeling it were the complete opposite of in-difference. Can I really trust him? She looked him over as he stood there, hands in his hoodie looking relaxed. What do I have to lose?

"Okay..." She agreed after some thinking making J-Hope smirk.

"Follow me then, I know just the place." He started walking and with a sigh, she followed after him like a lost puppy.

 

~~♥~~

 

“Chinese food?” Mali raised her eyebrow as she stared at the big sign where a dragon was intertwining its body with the letters: Red Dragon. Turning to J-Hope, she saw him shrugging.

“I figured you might be hungry after so many hours. I heard some of the fans was there more than five hours before the concert began.” He turned his gaze to the restaurant’s sign. Mali could see emotions playing in his dark orbs, but she decided not to utter any of her questions about it though.

“Thanks.” Turning her eyes away from him, she tried to hide the blush that crept onto her face. Noticing her flushed face; J-Hope smirked and placed a hand on her back, guiding her inside the restaurant.

 

None of them said a word as J-Hope led them to a table in the far end. Sitting down nervously, Mali looked around. She couldn’t stop the surprised sound that escaped . On the opposite wall a picture hung. Seven guys sat around a table just like those inside the restaurant. All of them with huge smiles on the faces. None of them looked in the camera; they were too focused on two of the guys who was fighting over the last piece of meat.

 

“What?” J-Hope turned his attention from the menu card to Mali, even though he hadn’t really read it. He knew it as well as he knew his dancing. Noticing where she was looking, J-Hope spotted the picture. “Oh… well, we used to come here on a regular basis back when we were trainees.” He shrugged it off as it was nothing, but Mali could see his eyes saddened a little. “Ahjussi!” He greeted and an elderly man came to their table with a bright smile.

“Long time no see kiddo.” The old man greeted J-Hope and patted his shoulder. “Are you and the other kids doing well? The wife and I miss your noisy conversations; it’s turned too quiet here after you stopped visiting.”

“Everyone’s doing good, thanks ahjussi.” J-Hope sent him a bright smile, just like those Mali had always seen him smile on the TV and in videos on the internet. “I’ll tell the others we have to come here again. Jungkook will be thrilled to know he can have your food again.”

“That kid was always so bright.” He laughed before taking J-Hope orders. Mali left it to the idol to decide what she was having, trusting he knew what he was ordering.

“I’ll bring it right away, kiddo. Nice meeting you, take care of the rascal here.” The old man sent Mali a warm smile, but she quickly caught what he meant.

“Ah-ahjussi, w-we’re n-not… I-I m-mean… H-he’s not m-my…” Mali stumbled over her words with burning cheeks, causing the old man to send her another smile.

“No need to explain.” He said before disappearing to the kitchen.

“Don’t mind him.” J-Hope shrugged before leaning over the table, his face suddenly so much closer to Mali. “Unless of course you want him to be right.” His crooked smile was taunting. Seeing her flushed face and pout, J-Hope leaned back with a snicker. “You should have seen your face!” He laughed.

“Why is it I choose the sassy dudes as biases…?” Mali mumbled annoyed and pushed her short, red hair behind her ear. J-Hope’s eyebrow raised as he heard what the girl in front of him said. A sudden wide smile, which could only be classified as teasing and pleased, found its way onto his lips.

“I’m your bias?” Tilting his head slightly, he placed his elbow on the table and rested his head on his hand.

“Pffft.” She snorted. “Yeah right, like I would have a horse as bias. Sorry but Suga is my bias.” Mali lied through her teeth with a flushed face. The smile he sent her told her he hadn’t believed a single word that she had uttered. Dang it!

“Your blush tells me otherwise.” Closing his eyes slightly, his smile turned somewhat crooked. “You must have been thrilled to see your bias half . Did it fulfill all of your dreams?” Taken aback by his words, Mali could only stare at him. Is this guy for real!? For the love of Chinese food and hoodies… She had to restrain herself from rolling her eyes. Remember, you can’t hit him. You still want to live until you turn twenty, right? “Cat got ya tongue?” J-Hoped sassed and winked cockily at her. Before she got a chance to reply her phone vibrated in her pocket. Mali quickly pulled it up and felt like facepalming: she had forgotten to contact her friends. They must have been worried sick about her.

“MALI UNNIE! WHERE ARE YOU?! ARE YOU STIL ALIVE?! UNNIE PLEASE BE OKAY!” Lizzie’s voice sounded loudly in the phone and Mali had to hold it at an arm’s length away.

“MALI-AH! PLEASE BE OKAY! WE’LL BUY YOU CHINESE FOOD!” Fanny joined Lizzie’s shouting. Obviously, the latter had it on speaker.

“Lizzie-ah, Unnie! I’m okay.” Mali quickly assured them just as J-Hope grabbed her arm and yanked her forward.

“Don’t tell them you’re with me.” He hissed at her, low enough so her two friends wouldn’t hear him. Worry was visible in his eyes. Nodding weakly, Mali freed herself from his grip and leaned back with a flushed face.

“Where are you Mali?” Fanny asked concerned. “Lizzie-ah and I have been looking for you for ages!”

“I-I’m… in a taxi?” She looked at J-Hope, who nodded. “I couldn’t find you guys, so I hailed a taxi. Sorry I forgot to text you.”

“Unnie!” Lizzie whined and Mali knew the younger girl was pouting. “We were so worried. I thought some creepy guy had taken you!” Well - she's not far from right...

“Sorry Lizzie-ah.” Mali apologized and felt bad for having worried her friends. “I’ll see you guys tomorrow, okay?”

“You better! I don’t want a cop knocking on my door telling me my friend died because of a nosebleed from having seen too many hot idols.”

“Unnie seriously.” Mali rolled her eyes at Fanny’s words.

“See you tomorrow unnie! Saranghae~!” Lizzie said cheerfully.

“See ya later alligator.” Fanny laughed before she hung up, making Mali sigh in relief. They're idiots, but they're my idiots. Mali thought lovingly.

“Who was it?” J-Hope questioned and eyed her curiously.

“My friends who went to the concert with me.” Mali shrugged.

“So the hobbit left her friends to find her bias, huh? That’s not nice of you, even though I’m flattered.” He sent her another smile, making her scoff.

“You seriously think too highly of yourself.” Despite her words, Mali couldn’t keep the blush from reddening her face.

 

Turning her glass of water in her hands, Mali stared at the food in front of her. It smelled delicious and made water. Despite her hunger, she felt awkward eating when J-Hope wasn’t. But she couldn’t wait to eat the food for far too long. Closing her eyes, she inhaled the mouthwatering smell and let out a quiet sigh.

 

“If you’re that hungry, then just eat you idiot.” J-Hope rolled his eyes. Letting out an annoyed sound, Mali grabbed her chopsticks and dug in. J-Hope followed her example only seconds later. A silence found its way to them and Mali kept her eyes on the food, not noticing the looks J-Hope gave her over the table. Whenever she looked up, he would have turned his gaze down just seconds before. Like they were playing a game where you would lose if you were caught staring at the other. “You’re very quiet.” He suddenly commented and rested his head on his hand again, forgetting about the food in front of him.

“I hear that a lot.” Mali said, still not looking at him. It was still so surreal that this was happening. Surely, she would wake up tomorrow and it would all just be a dream. Because come on! It’s not normal you end up at a Chinese restaurant with your bias after a concert. If only she could get his hoodie, then this dream would have been perfect.

"What the hell are you staring at my chest for?" J-Hope asked slightly confused then he gave her a down right dirty smirk before gasping, putting a hand to his mouth and made cute aegyo. "Is that it? Now that you've seen me half- you want nothing more than to ravage innocent, old me?" Mali had been in the midst of eating choked on her food, desperately she reached for her glass and gulped it all down in one go which cleared her airways.

 

So utterly relieved she sighed out, and then burped - loudly. Making a few customers turn to their table, Mali’s blush were as red as the lanterns in the restaurant. Ground, swallow me - NOW! She begged as J-Hope laughed his off making her turn to him bewildered. This was a different laugh compared to the chuckles he had aimed at her, this one were innocent and almost childlike. Mali were unsure if it were the food or if it were her feelings but she felt a fluttering in her stomach as she watched the handsome man laugh. It were the contagious type of laughter that made her giggle nervously but the laughed out for real when he fell out of his chair to the floor clutching his stomach. Customers wondered what could possibly be so funny but in the end choose to ignore the young people - which became much easier when their laughter ceased into small giggles and chuckles.

 

"Wow, what a lady - I've never met a more well-mannered girl in my life." J-Hope chuckled as he reached for his glass of coke, taking a healthy sip.

"That says more about you than me then." Mali giggled, feeling proud when J-hope gave her an approving nod of her sarcasm. Feeling much better after laughing, more at ease and less freaking out over the fact that her bias was sitting opposite of her she shared her guilty pleasure. "Actually, I were eyeing you're hoodie – I’m a hoodie-addict." Mali shrugged.

"Aww, chinga?" J-Hope pouted adorably, pretending to be sad for a moment before grinning. "So, is it just hoods or are you a shopaholic in general?"

"We prefer the term shopping enthusiasts." Mali said in a very posh tone, joking along with before giving him a straight answer. "But no, I wouldn't say that I am that - I mean, between a pair of Jimmy Choo's and a hoodie I would go for the hoodie. No hesitation."

"Really?" J-Hope raised his eyebrow, interest swimming in his dark orbs.

"Hmm, mm." Mali hummed in confirmation. "What about you? Hoodie or a face mask?" Mali asked referring to the masks he wore in the beginning of BTS career.

"Face mask, with spikes." J-Hope answered in a heartbeat while looking completely serious. Mali copied his expression before they giggled. "No, but seriously - in that case the hoodie." Mali nodded while eating a bit of the delicious food.

"Yah!" J-Hope suddenly exclaimed with a grin, making Mali jump slightly before tilting her head in slight confusion but also great interest. "Since it's you're birthday and my honorary birthday I’m going to take you to the best place ever." Mali raised a disbelieving eyebrow - she were already at the best place in the world. "Come on, hurry - we have no time to waste." J-Hope whined and grabbed Mali’s hand, making the flutter in her stomach grow worse.

"Well, not everyone can eat like a horse!" Mali scoffed under her breath but followed him nonetheless. Having to hit him in the head when he almost made them leave the shop without paying in his hurry to take her to the best place ever.

 

~~♥~~

 

"You took me to the beach?" Mali asked, wondering briefly if J-Hope had been dropped headfirst when he were a baby. While she could definitely say it were a fine beach, especially with the full moon making the world look magical and its reflection the calm water making it look like a beautiful painting.

"No, this is only part of the best place ever - come on Squidward." J-Hope tugged on her hand to make her move.

 

She let him lead her over the sand towards the cliffs - wondering if this were the end of her dream when he would kill her and she would wake up in cold sweat. But... She didn't want to wake up - ever. She'd rather be in coma her whole life than wake up from this dream where was with her bias, seeing sides of him that she wondered if only his band members had known existed. The sassy J-Hope. The kind but shy J-Hope. The excited J-Hope who reminded her of Scrat from Ice Age in his quest for his nut. How many sides of J-Hope can I learn about before I wake up? He walked up to a thick shrubbery, looking around in signs for other people before he sank down to the ground and crawled into it leaving Mali with no choice but following him since he still held her hand. They crawled for a few minutes before they got to a stone wall with a white smiley face on. J-Hope pressed it, the rock falling backwards and he released Mali’s hand to crawl inside first, moving the rock block to the side before gesturing Mali to crawl in. Mali did so after hesitating for a moment, when she got in and stood up her chin fell to the ground - they were in a cave with small pool of water, like the one in H2O. The moonlight streamed in through a hole in the cave roof, making the water almost shine.

 

"What kind of place is this?" Mali asked in awe while walking to the shore, looking at her reflection. She saw J-hopes small smile when he stood beside her before sitting down cross-legged.

"I found this in the beginning of our career, it were purely on accident but... I found myself coming here more often when I had the time for it... When I needed to strip down from J-Hope and just be the man Hoseok." J-Hope send her a smirk along with narrowed eyes. "Not literally mind you, ert." Mali blushed and retaliation she kicked some sand into his lap. "Yah!"

"Serves you right!" Mali pointed her tongue at the mildly miffed idol who irritated her to no end while at the same time made her fall even more for him. The only thing she wanted now was to know more about the interesting man but she didn't know how to do it without sounding like some crazy fan. That's when she got the perfect idea. "I have a proposition for you mister Jong."

"No matter how much money you got I won't give you a ." He deadpanned and Mali had to hold her own wrist in order to not strangle the infuriating man before her.

"Not. That." She ground out with clenched teeth before taking a calming breath. "I declare a sand castle competition, the one who can build the tallest tower within two minutes wins - the loser has to do whatever the winner declares within ten seconds of thinking time." J-Hope his chin, thinking it through before grinning.

"You're so on." He chuckled insanely as they sat opposite of each other in the sand. Both took out their phones and wallets from their pockets to put them on the sand a bit away from the lake - so that they wouldn't get wet or anything. Mali held her finger above her phone to put on the timer.

"Ready." Mali lowered her finger. "Set." She pressed the button. "GO!"

 

Instantly each of them brought water from the lake with their hands and dumped it on the sand so that they could form it however they wished. While Mali opted for a pyramid sandcastle J-Hope made a traditional one - both focused on the castle before them, sometimes breaking out in fits of giggles whenever they shared a glance or when they tried to disturb the other by splashing water on the person. When the timer signaled it was over they both raised their sand covered hands above their hands, they looked at each other smiling and then looked down on their creations - it weren't the finest sand castles ever made, even Mali’s small cousin who's five could have done it better but it were the height that mattered.

 

"I AM THE KING OF THE WORLD!" J-Hope cheered since he had won the competition and Mali hoped he had forgotten about the ten second rule - in vain. "Get into the water, with your clothes on ert!" J-Hope pointed at the lake with a devilish grin on his face.

 

Mali may be many things but a sore loser was not one of them - so with all the dignity she could muster she stood up. Walked to the shore, saluting J-Hope before jumping into the water - secretly glad she had decided to wear jeans and not a dress or skirt to the concert. The water was surprisingly warm but Mali couldn't help the squeal when she resurfaced. She kicked her legs in the water keep her head above the water, glared at J-Hope who laughed like a hyena - his laughs echoing in the cave. While not a sore looser Mali still wanted to get him back for him calling her a ert - so using years of kdrama watching to her advantage she pretended to be hurt and sobbed.

 

"J-j-j-hope, I think I hit my leg on a sharp rock..." She sobbed and swam to the shore. Pretending to be in so much pain that couldn't do anything but cry, she pressed her face into the mark edge. The hyena laughter stopped, she heard J-Hope sitting down by her side and she smirked into the mark surface.

"Come on, take my hand." She did so blindly, when she got a proper hold on it she looked up with her tongue pointing at him.

"er!" With her legs, she pushed of the shore, gaining enough strength to be able to pull him into the water. He shrieked like a girl when he fell. While he tried to get over the shock, Mali laid on her back in the water, her arms clutching her stomach as she laughed harder than ever before. "Y-y-you're f-f-face!" She in much needed air. "P-p-priceless!"

"Oh, you're so going to regret that!" J-hope splashed water on her, making her squeal then she did the same to him - an even bigger splash that hit him in the face. He even had to spit out some water that got into his mouth, Mali grinned evilly as J-Hope did the same.

"WATER FIGHT!" His scream echoed in the cave as the two of them proceeded to splash each other in turns of dunking the other under the water.

 

They played until their fingers looked like raisins, only then getting up and laid down on the sand - looking up at the full moon as they rested. Mali felt contented, never had she felt so at home or had so much fun on her own birthday before - she stole a glance at the man responsible for that only to gasp in surprise when she saw him already looking at her with a serious expression on his face. His eyebrows slightly furrowed, his plump lips pursed and Mali thoughts went down the gutter - or more like to all the fics she had read about him. She looked abruptly up to the moon - thinking of anything besides the man beside her. Chinese food... Chocolate... Puppies... Hoodies...

 

"Mali." She turned her head to J-Hope confused.

"How do you know my name?" She didn't remember telling him but she had to admit - when he said it tingles spread through her body like wildfire.

"I’m a telepath." J-Hope snarked making Mali huff irritated at the man. "I heard it when you're friends called before, their screeching probably reached around the block." J-Hope explained with sass - of course.

"So, what did you want?" Mali asked so that she wouldn't give him a black eye.

"If you had won the sandcastle thing... What would you have made me do?" Mali looked at him a bit surprise before telling him with shrug.

"I would have made you answer five questions about yourself." This time it were J-Hopes turn to look at her as if she had grown two extra heads. "What's with that look?" Mali asked curiously.

"I just thought you would have made me kiss you or something ." Mali looked at him, like one would look at an idiot and blushed before facepalming herself.

"Your ego is so big that I’m surprised it doesn't have its own orbit." Mali muttered into her hand.

“Yah! You were the one who walked in on me half-.” He argued and raised his eyebrow slightly while smirking at her.

“Yes, because my biggest dream was to see you half-, thank you for fulfilling my dream.” Mali rolled her eyes as she let out a huff. The sound of clothes moving against sand told Mali that J-Hope had moved – closer or further away she didn’t know and she was determined not to look to find out.

“Hope it was satisfying your expectations.” His breath against her ear, his husky voice made her shriek and Mali quickly moved away from him. She glared at him as a blush formed on her already rosy cheeks.

“And you call me a ert?!” Letting out an annoyed sighed she crossed her arms. J-Hope shrugged before sending her a smirk.

“You started it.” His teasing look suddenly changed into a more serious one. “But seriously, what would you have asked?”

 

Feeling her heartbeat speed up, Mali turned her eyes to the glistering water in front of them. She would have asked him the questions if she had won, but her courage had slowly disappeared as she had thought a bit more about the questions. In reality, she was in no place to ask those questions considering they were personal and that they had only known each other for one day. Biting her lower lip, she turned to the man next to her. His look was curious and he motioned for her to answer the question.

 

“I uhmm… It’s just that… Euhm...” She let her eyes drop from his and looked at her hands which she were twisting in her lap instead.

“What? It can’t be that bad. It’s not like you’re asking me to strip… Right?” His tone was playful and Mali was sure he was sending her another one of his smirks.

“I-It’s just… They’re quite p-p-personal.” She stuttered, still keeping her gaze on everything else than J-Hope.

“How about this; you ask them and I just answer those I feel like?” Placing a hand on her shoulder, J-Hope made her head snap up and locked his eyes with Mali’s. Her face flushed at how close they were, but she nodded. “Great!” He removed his hand from her shoulder and clapped a few times before positioning himself in front of her with crossed legs. “Now, the first question.”

“Ehmm…” Mali took a deep breath before looking him straight in the eyes. “A-are you really that h-happy as you appear on TV o-or is it j-just an a-act?” J-Hope had his lips pursed and his eyebrows furrowed, but his eyes never left hers. Tilting his head slightly he let out a humming sound and placed a hand under his chin.

“I’m not unhappy if that’s what you’re asking.” Mali couldn’t keep the surprised look off her face – never in a million years and Chinese food would she have thought he would actually answer her questions. “Of course I’m not overly happy twenty-four-seven that would be crazy. Everyone has bad days. I guess some of it could be considered an act, but generally, I’m a happy person. Being surrounded by weird people like Taehyung and cute people like Jungkookie help.” He shrugged at the last bit but seemed pleased with his answer. “Next question!” His childish eagerness made Mali smile slightly – he was actually quite cute right now.

“E-eh.” Absorbed in his cuteness, Mali had lost focused for a split second and her face flushed a bright red. “Can I have your hoodie?” During her time of confusion, she asked the first thing that popped into her head. Seeing his amused face, Mali hoped the ground would open up and swallow her right at this moment. Then again, seeing how comfy that hoodie looked, she really wanted it.

“We’ll see about that.” He smirked at her and winked. “What else?” Despite his teasing look, his eagerness could easily be spotted.

“Euhm…” This time Mali let herself think before opening . “I was wondering… BTS’s relationship… is it really that close or is it an act?” Noticing how her questions were mostly about J-Hope and not Hoseok, J-Hope’s smile faded slightly. He had hoped she would be more interested in him as a person and not as a member of a kpop-group.

“It’s quite similar to the other answer I guess. We’re really close, I consider them all my brothers. We have our ups and downs, we fight and argue but we always make up again. Sometimes I would prefer being alone, but that’s difficult considering we’re seven boys and a manager sharing a dorm.” He shrugged. “But they’re family. So to answer your question. We’re really that close, they’re like a second family and I know the others feel like that as well.” Now, this could just have been the answer J-Hope could have told her since this is the kind of answer that would be expected of him, but Mali could see how a smile formed on his lips and how happy he became when talking about the rest of BTS. “That was three questions. Still have two left.” He reminded her with a smirk. “So far you haven’t shown any erseness, should I be afraid of the next questions?”

“You really think too highly of yourself.” She scoffed but could keep the blush of her face as she remembered some of the fics she had read. Using every ounce of her will power she got her mind out of the gutter and decided to ask one more innocent question before a more personal one - she hadn't dared until know, wanting to create a safe atmosphere first. "Okay, do enjoy dancing or rapping the most?"

"And here I thought you would ask what my favorite position was..." He said dryly, pursing his lips in mock disappointed before thinking it over. "I guess, I can't choose - both are great passions in my life and they contemplate each other well." He shrugged and looked at her intently, daring her almost. "Last question - make it worth you're while."

"Are you happy?" Mali asked quietly, almost above a whisper. J-Hope looked taken aback, blinking at her in surprise then tilted his head - silently asking her to elaborate. "I mean, are you happy with the life you lead now or do you wish that you were just a normal young man with a simple life?" She blushed lightly, fiddling with her wet top while looking away from the handsome man. "Y-y-you don't h-h-have to a-a-answer..."

"I know..." He said with an eyeroll, when he saw her look a bit embarrassed and like she wanted to give herself a face palm he felt... Well, he felt something tugging at his heart strings for her so he thought over his answer - it were the first time someone actually asked if he were happy instead of just assuming he was. "I guess... I am happy - even during the bad times when everything is hectic or when I feel close to a breakdown because of the pressure, I knew I wouldn't trade this life for anything... But... Even though I am happy I worry for the future... I mean... What will happen when I meet Mrs. Right and want to start a family? Will the fans harass them? Will I have to retire and work with something else in the music industry in order to have a family or will it work out? Will I be able to make the right choice when the time comes? I don't know that... I don't know anything about the future but I know hell of a lot about the present and in the present – I’m happier than I've ever been in life..." He said, admitting something only the other bandmates could really understand but didn't want to discuss about loudly.

 

J-Hope felt his eyes widen when the girl hugged him suddenly - but he were even more surprised when it were an innocent hug. Not too hard, she didn't cup a feel anywhere nor did she sneak a kiss at his neck like some fans usually tried. This was a comforting, warm hug that made J-Hope melt - this were the hugs s would give him but at the same time not. It were somehow different. but a good different. He wrapped his arms around her small frame, buried his forehead into her shoulder and took the much-needed comfort she was offering.

 

Mali blushed when he did but only started his back in calm circles - just like she did to her friends when they told her something difficult and needed to get comfort. When she had heard him telling her about his worries for the future, he had looked so lost, so vulnerable that Mali’s body reacted before her brain did. But, when she did have her arms around him she didn't regret it - she felt how rigid, he were and the almost in-audible sigh broke her heart. Seeing someone so usually happy - and apparently pretty snarky - were so heartbreaking but it only proved what most fans forgot - idols are humans too. They have bad days, they have feelings - they are not robots. J-Hope's certainly no robot... Mali thought as she rested her cheek against his shoulder, feeling more than hearing him breathe in shuddering breaths - like he had stayed out too long on a cold day and just gotten into the warmth.

 

"Hey, everything is going to be okay - at least you're not alone... You have Jungkook, Jin, Suga, Rapmonster, Jimin and V - you said it yourself... They're you're family and family sticks together no matter what..." Mali said softly, trying to say the right words and not hurt him somehow. "Don't worry about the haters, it's your life to lead the way you think is right - not theirs... I think when the times comes there is no right choice - right is relatively. Something that is in the eye of the beholder unless it's the law... In the end, you have to make the sure that will ensure your happiness and wellbeing... At least - that's what I think..." Mali blushed and worried that she had done something - everything - wrong when J-Hope leaned back so that he could see her face. She didn't know what to make of his serious expression, would he scold her and call her an idiot or... "J-j-j-hope?" Her heart were beating so hard that Mali were afraid that it would break through her chest, her blush traveled down to her collarbones as he looked down at her lips before meeting her eyes again. He started to lean in, his breath brushed against her lips and Mali leaned back from him - feeling really nervous. "I-I-I don't w-w-want to take advantage of you!" She stuttered out without really thinking, when he chuckled she felt like her knees would have wobbled if it weren't for the fact that they sat on the ground.

"You aren't..." He leaned in again and this time she let him. She closed her eyes, tilted her head when he were just a few millimeters away. "It's okay..." He whispered a breath away as his eyes closed too.

 

Mali let out a big shriek along with J-Hope when Girls Day song "Something" started to ring. They looked at each other wide eyed before looking at his phone that rang beside hers. J-Hope grumbled a few curses under his breath while Mali held her burning cheeks, trying to calm herself down from the almost-kiss. She turned away from J-Hope while he answered the phone none too happily - groaning a few times before he ended the call.

 

"That was my manager - he wanted me to come home now." J-Hope sighed out as he looked over to Mali who had her back turned to him. "Yah, look at me when I’m talking to you." He didn't like the fact that she were hiding from him - especially not after what they almost did.

"Y-y-you have to go back?" Mali asked without turning - she couldn't turn and look at him. Not only because of the embarrassment but also because of the fact that she felt so sad. Tonight had been like a dream that she didn't want to end but everything comes to an end eventually. Mali knew that but still she felt almost sick and like she could cry any moment. It were so weird, never had she felt like this before and it seemed so un-real - who in their right mind get like this after meeting some guy after a few hours. Ugh, I almost sound like the heroines Lizzie-ah and Fanny unnie likes so much... "I-I-I should get back to m-m-my friends a-a-anyway..." Mali stood up abruptly, taking her phone with her and hastily walked over to the cave entrance. "B-b-bye, it was nice meeting you - thanks for everything..." Mali looked briefly back at J-Hope who stood up with a lost expression. She took one last good look on him, smiling sadly and blinked away the tears. "I hope you had a great birthday because this were my best one... Bye..." With that, Mali turned and got out of the cave.

"Yah! Wait!" But Mali couldn't wait - she needed to get away before she fell deeper down the rabbit hole.

 

These few hours - the meal, the sand castles, the swimming, the hug and the almost kiss... They were sins. Mali had sinned tonight yet she didn't feel guilty at all - she felt heartbroken because she had to wake up from her dream to face the real world. The real world where a girl like her shouldn't, wouldn't be with a guy like him - he were a freaking idol for crying out loud and Mali were only a few weeks from graduation. No, it were better if she just left him and didn't look back - for her sanity’s sake and her heart. Mali crawled out and when her hands met the sand she stood up - ready to run. When a hand caught her wrist, making her look back to a furious looking J-Hope.

 

"Yah, where the hell do you think you're going?" He smiled sweetly at her suddenly, Mali didn't buy it.

"T-t-to the hotel, why?" She asked suspiciously - looking anywhere but him.

"Name." J-Hope stated making her tilt her head while looking down at their feet.

"Mali-" She started when he snorted.

"The hotel's name." He clarified making Mali look up to narrow her eyes at him.

"Why do you want to know?" Just like that - she sinned once more, talking to the idol. I’m going to hell, I just know it.

"Because I’m going to you there." Mali blinked thrice before laughing so hard that she doubled over. "Yah, what the hell are you laughing for?"

"Y-y-you t-t-trying to-" She had to take a breather before continuing through her laughter. "A-a-act l-like a g-g-gentleman!" J-Hope looked at the laughing girl, feeling slightly offended but more amused and a bit touched. No girl have ever treated him like this, laughing at him because they wanted to get in his good graces but Mali treated him like a normal person. So even if he wanted to be mad he couldn't - instead he rolled his eyes and walked away with a good hold on her hand. "H-h-hey, l-l-let go of my hand!" Mali knew she never should have let herself sin more, now she had to pray the price for it. "Yah!"

"I’m only letting go of your hand if you let me take you to your hotel." J-Hope said over his shoulder with the smirk that made Mali want to strangle him. Think of the lawsuit, you don't have that kind of money to pay for it and you don't want to die before you turn twenty because of fellow fans. Mali repeated that sentence three times before she felt calm enough to talk.

"Not gonna happen." Mali gritted out with clench teeth and tried to shake her hand out of his hold.

"You can shake like a Chihuahua but I’m not gonna let go of you - now, if you don't want me to drive you to every hotel in town until I find yours then I suggest you tell me what you're hotel is now." He .said as they got to the road, J-Hope waved in a taxi. Mali looked at the infuriating man, pursing her lips and she childishly stomped her foot because she knew that tone - it were a tone she used on Lizzie-ah and Fanny unnie when she took her role as the leader of the group. Meaning - there were no point in fighting the man. Damn it to hell...

"I’m staying at hotel Nocte." Mali said with a sigh, giving herself a facepalm.

"Was that so hard?" He snarked and they exchanged looks of annoyance with each other before getting into the taxi.

 

They rode in silence, neither knowing what to say to the other. Mali hated herself for letting this agony drag on - she should have just stomped on his foot and taken the taxi by herself. Then she wouldn't keep taking secret glances at the idol, memorizing every aspect of his profile - drinking in the sin before she had to become the invisible fangirl again. When it became too much she looked outside her window, trying to let the scenery mend her breaking heart.

 

When she did, J-Hope looked at her from the corner of his eyes, while she hated the fact to become the invisible fangirl again J-Hope dreaded to part from the girl who made him feel like any normal man. If today had been her best birthday, then today had been the best day in his life since he became an idol. Almost even better than when they won their first award - she intrigued him and the man in him needed this, needed to feel normal. He just had to figure out how to make it possible.

 

~~♥~~

 

Quick as the Flash she paid the taxi driver the amount of money before J-Hope could then she got out of the car. With quick steps, she got to the elevator before J-Hope caught up with her, going to stand beside her in the elevator. The atmosphere were tense, both lost in thoughts, as they knew that the inevitable were coming closer and closer. They both jumped un-knowingly when the elevator door made "ding dong" before opening. It was just another guest, who would be going down when Mali had reached her floor - Mali and J-Hope sighed in relief.

 

The next time they heard the "ding dong" they were at her floor - the third from highest but their hearts were around the bottom. They looked at each other briefly before J-Hope took the lead and Mali followed him. Every footstep sounded like an echo in their heads, their hearts beating faster nervously. After passing the fifth door Mali stopped at the sixth door to the left, looking at J-Hopes stiff back as he also stopped. This were it. The moment they would say goodbye. The moment Mali became "the fangirl" and the man J-Hope became "the idol".

 

"So... Euhm..." Mali struggled with the goodbye - fiddling her sweaty hands with her moist shirt.

"Wait!" J-Hope yelled out before she had the chance to continue. Mali’s heart stopped beating for a second, gaped when he turned around and he held out his hand in a vertical fist. "Let's do a rock-paper-scissor duel, the winner can request anything." He declared, blushing lightly as he looked intently into Mali’s eyes. Mali looked at him questioningly, giggling lightly when she saw that he were completely serious. "Yah, don't laugh at me..." He pouted. Mali stopped giggling and smiled gently.

"Anything? No limits?" Mali asked humored, to which he nodded excitedly before smirking lewdly at her.

"Hey, is this the moment you do everything in your power to ravage me?" Mali rolled her eyes at him, making him chuckle slightly when he heard her mumble something about not hitting the idol equals living until she's twenty. "Arasso, let's battle - only once." Mali took a deep breath, holding up her fist like him. "Rock." They bobbed the fists. "Paper." They bobbed them twice. "Scissors." Mali did scissors while he did rocks - J-Hope had won for the second time today.

"Aish, this isn't my day..." Mali giggled half-heartedly. "So, what do you-" She got cut off mid-sentence because J-Hope kissed her.

 

She blinked in surprise, stopped breathing before she responded to the tingling-erupting kiss. His lips were rough but the kiss soft, as danced with his she could taste the china food they had but also something that were J-Hope. Never in a million years would she think that she would kiss Jung Hoseok a.k.a J-Hope in a hallway - at least not in real life. One of his hands cradled the back of her head while his other one held her close by the waist - her hands rested on his chest. Smiling slightly and blushed when Mali felt him shiver under her touch. This kiss were better than she ever could've imagined. It were thrilling and calming, hot and cold, sweet and sour in one perfect mix. She started to become dizzy from the lack of air but she couldn't stop, didn't want to stop. But all good things comes to an end they say. J-Hope broke their kiss but didn't move, instead his forehead rested against hers as they both caught their breaths.

 

"Wow, now I won't mind you ravaging me..." Mali lightly hit his chest but couldn't help the smile from growing on her face. "Now my request - I want you're number..."

 

~~♥~~

 

“Who let this girl drink?!” Fanny complained with a motherly tone. Alongside Mali, she was trying to get the youngest among them to stay on her feet properly.

“I looooooooove you two.” Lizzie giggled and threw her arms around Fanny’s neck. “You two are the sweeeeeetest.” Lizzie slurred with a cheshire like grin.

“Some way to celebrate my graduation.” Mali sighed and flicked Lizzie’s forehead. “Yah brat! You haven’t even graduated yet; you should get -drunk at your own graduation party and not mine.”

“Hihi, are you drunk tooooo?” Lizzie turned to Mali slowly with a goofy grin on her face.

“No, thanks to someone I’m still fairly sober.” Mali snorted.

“Who’s that someone?! I will punch them right in their face!” The youngest threw her fist in the air and stumbled until she hit the wall, before sitting down on the ground giggling like a little child. Fanny sighed - deeply - while Mali facepalmed at the sight of the maknae.

“I swear to the utmost holy chocolate that this girl will be the end of me.” Fanny mumbled and pulled the giggling girl up on her feet. “Thanks for helping me get her home.” The eldest of them turned to Mali with a small smile. “It’s almost four in the morning, get home and get some sleep, arasso?”

“Arasso unnie.” Mali laughed before hugging Fanny. “Thanks for celebrating with me, it was really fun.”

“Thanks for letting us.” With a chuckle, Fanny pulled the maknae closer to her. “Too bad this rascal had to end things unpleasantly.”

“M-meanie.” Lizzie pouted shamelessly and crossed her arms, accidently hitting a branch on the tree next to her. “Argh!” She cried out as the branch bounced back and hit her. “Stupid tree! That’s not nice! Apologize!”

“Lizzie-ah, it’s a tree you idiot.” Fanny facepalmed before opening the door to her apartment. Seeing the condition their youngest friend was in, they had decided it was best for Lizzie to sleep the alcohol out at Fanny’s place.

“At least it’s a tree and not some boy.” Mali snickered and waved at her two friends. “See ya later girls.”

“Get home safe Mali-ah! Saranghae~ and congrats again!”

“Thanks unnie!” Laughing, the younger girl, who had now graduated and could finally go out and find a job – ahem get unemployed - made her way home.

No one was awake when she got there. All the lights were turned off and a little note was placed on the kitchen table for Mali.

 

Hey sweetheart.
Hope you had a good party – your dad and I went to bed but there’s some food in the refrigerator if you’re hungry. Remember your brother is going home tomorrow morning, so don’t get up too late. Arasso?
Love Mom & Dad

 

Mali made a face knowing she had to get up at 8am to say goodbye to her brother who was going back to Seoul where he was studying. Sighing, she dragged herself upstairs to her room. It was too dark for her to see anything, meaning she had to stumble her way to the door leading to her room. Being the kind daughter she was, she didn’t want to turn on the lights and probably wake her family.

 

As she got to her messy room, Mali quickly got her dress off and tossed it in the corner together with her stilettoes and blazer. With a yawn, she got into her pajamas and set the alarm on her phone. As she unlocked her phone, she noticed she had gotten a text during the party that she hadn’t seen before now.

 

Good to hear your mother didn’t cry too much ;) I’ll be looking forward to celebrating your graduation with you next time we meet – Chinese food on me! Have a good time at the party!

 

Mali couldn’t help but to chuckle at his text. Without even checking the ID of the sender, she knew it was Hoseok. They had been texting ever since that day after the concert – which was now about 1½ years ago. Due to Hoseok’s schedule, they hadn’t met that many times, but Mali had traveled to Seoul a few times to spend some time with him. It wasn’t that hard to get to Seoul, she lived a bit away but nothing a train drive couldn’t handle. However, they often texted and spoke with each other on the phone - making sure to keep in touch with each other. Sending him a quick reply, Mali her alarm and went to dreamland, which a certain person haunted with his smirk she had gotten so used to.

~~♥~~

 

“Mali! GET UP!” Her brother’s loud yelling made Mali groan and turn to her side. Glaring at him as he leaned against her door frame she sleepily sat up.

“What?!” She yelled back and rubbed the rest of the sleepiness out of her eyes.

“I’m leaving soon. Mom wants you in the kitchen so we can eat breakfast together.” He answered and Mali could hear his footsteps as he made his way downstairs.

Stretching, Mali got out of her bed groggily. Her head was a bit dizzy and hurt slightly from the alcohol, she had drunk last night, but it wasn’t anything major.

“I’m sure Lizzie-ah is feeling worse than me today.” She mumbled to herself and laughed slightly, knowing how Fanny would have to baby the maknae. "Rather her than me."

 

~~♥~~

 

When Mali got downstairs, she found her brother, mother and father at the kitchen table. They smiled at her as she took a seat. It was a nice morning. Small chitchat filled the room alongside laughter.

 

“Thanks for the nice breakfast mom; nothing beats your pancakes with Nutella!” Mali’s brother stated with a huge grin as he hugged their mother.

“Good to hear my boy.” She chuckled before turning to Mali. “I almost forgot to tell you. There’s a package to you from a certain Jung Hoseok.”

“R-really?” Mali looked up curious and a bit surprised.

“Has my baby sister gotten herself a boyfriend, hm?” Her brother smirked.

“N-no, he’s j-just a friend! Idiot.” She threw a strawberry at him before getting up from her seat. With quick steps, she made her way to the living room where a package laid.

 

It was fairly big, wrapped in the usual brown paper with a white note on it with their address. Curious, Mali opened the package and glanced inside. She couldn’t help the gasp that left as she recognized the black, soft fabric. It was the hoodie Hoseok had worn the day they first met. Mali quickly pulled it out and hugged it tightly. Inhaling, she could smell his smell lingering around her. The fabric was soft against her skin and she carefully pulled it over her head. Feeling the fabric against her skin, Mali couldn’t help but to smile. Of course, the hoodie was too big and the sleeves reached past her hands, but she didn’t mind. Glancing down, she noticed a yellow note that had fallen out as she had grabbed the hoodie.

 

Hey there oddball!
You were drooling over this rather than me so much that I decided you should have it. Don’t destroy it with your drool, got it? I’m not buying you another one! Anyway, since you love to act like you know everything – don’t even argue, you know you do – I decided to place a hint somewhere on the hoodie. And get your mind out of the gutter! It’s not something erted. You need to have figured it out by 7pm tonight and don’t be late~
Your Hoseok

 

Tilting her head, Mali looked at the note confused. She couldn’t help but to scoff at his comment, but the part about the hint occupied most of her mind. Since she didn’t really have time to waste, Mali placed the note on the table and started to search the hoodie for whatever clue Hoseok had left. It took her a good 15 minutes of intense searching before she found a little, folded piece of paper that was stuck to the inside of the hood with a needle. Curious, Mali opened it and couldn’t help the smile that found its way to her lips.

 

The folded piece of paper turned out to be a picture of her from the day she met him. She was busy trying to build the sandcastle and he had apparently taking a picture without her ever knowing - until today.

 

“Whatcha looking at? Did your boyfriend get you something nice?” Her brother smirked as he draped an arm around her shoulder and looked at the picture in her hand. “Nice picture, did he take it?”

“Mhm.” Mali hummed and kept her eyes on the picture when suddenly a thought dawned upon her. Hoseok had told her to have figured it out by 7pm and that she shouldn’t be late. Did he want her to do what she think he did?!

“When are you leaving?” Almost yelling, Mali turned around to face her brother.

“Euhm, in like an hour and a half I think. Then I can be back in Seoul at about five-thirty.”

“I’m coming with you!” Without another word, Mali left her brother slightly dumbfounded and ran to her room to get what she needed.

 

~~♥~~

 

“Mali-ah! I’m leaving now! Did you want to tag along?” Her brother yelled loudly and tapped his foot impatiently.

“I don’t get why she’s going to Seoul as well. This is such a late planning. Where will she sleep?!” Her mother fussed worriedly and her father draped an arm around her waist.

“She’ll be staying with her brother if she can’t find a hotel. As far as I know, she’s going there to meet her non-boyfriend. Or that’s what this clown said.” Her father joked and nudged the eldest sibling, the latter rolled his eyes.

“Don’t worry about her mom. Remember when I went to my ex-girlfriend’s house abruptly because we both wanted ice cream? She lived over three hours away!” Scoffing at her son’s comment, Mali’s mother stopped uttering her worries.

“Ready to go!” Mali shouted as she ran down the stairs. “See ya in a few days.” Hugging both her parents, she made her way to her brother’s car, with the eldest sibling following her.

 

~~♥~~

 

The long ride was filled with excitement and nervousness. Mali couldn’t stop wondering about what she was going to meet when she went to the beach – hopefully it would just be Hoseok and not some weird creature who just pretended to be Hoseok. Shaking her head, Mali scolded herself silently. Like there was a creature like that.

 

Before she knew it, she was dropped off not far from where the secret beach was. Due to some construction work, the time had turned 6:30pm. It had taken them an hour longer than expected.


Afraid she would be late, Mali hurried down to the entrance to her little serenity she had with Hoseok.

 

fell open once she entered. Lights had been placed along the entrance, all the way to the open area. Roses laid on the ground, leading Mali to where the sandcastle competition had been. Despite how cringe worthy and cheesy it was, Mali couldn’t help but to smile brightly when she saw Hoseok standing in the middle with a bouquet of daffodils. Seeing his choice of flowers, she laughed slightly before stopping right in front of him.

 

“What’s with all of this? Seen too many cheesy dramas?” She mocked with a smile.

“Can you just for once drop the sarcasm?” Hoseok rolled his eyes.

“Sorry…” Giggling, she looked up at him slightly confused. “But seriously, what is all this?” This might be the time to mention that nothing had happened between them since the kiss.

“Well… it’s been quite some time now since we met, right? And now that you’ve graduated I thought it was time…” He offered her the bouquet with a shy smile, which Mali had never seen on his face before. It made a blush find its way to her cheek and her heart fluttered. “We’ve gotten to know each other well over the time and have made so many of our friends facepalm due to our ridiculous, but genius, sarcastic arguments. I’ve eaten way more Chinese food in a year than I have in all of my life thanks to you – still think we should try that one close to the dorm again despite the tasteless spring rolls. Thanks to you, I now have so many hoodies that are missing, only to turn up the next time we see each other.” He took a deep breath. “What I’m trying to get at is, Mali would you please be my girlfriend?”

 

Despite that the question was simple and somehow really cheesy, Mali found herself speechless and utterly flustered. Her cheeks were a bright red and her heart beating faster than what it should. Faster than any man had ever made her heartbeat. But... Hoseok weren't just any man - he were her man. The guy who made her smile the brightest. The man who made her feel beautiful. The snarky idiot who once stood up for her against a teacher who treated her wrongly - not caring if it would affect his job as an idol. Of course while Mali had fallen in love with him deeper at that moment she had scolded him and may or may not have pinched his cheeks. Now - her Hoseok asked her to become his girlfriend. A single tear fell down her cheek as she wrapped her arms around Hoseok’s neck and hid her face at the crook of his neck. Luckily, Hoseok got the bouquet out of the way before Mali’s body smashed it between them. With a chuckle, he placed his free hand on the lower part of her back, while the one holding the bouquet rested down his side. In his embrace she were the safest she could be. In his embrace, she felt loved like a woman should by a man. In his embrace, she felt at home.

 

“I’ll take that as a yes.” He said softly and she could hear the slight smirk in his voice.

“Oh shut up will you? What took you so long anyway?” Mali pouted and pushed him away, far enough for her to see his face. He eyed her for a moment before he snorted.

“Seriously? Keeping the cocky attitude until the last, huh?” He shook his head amusedly at her.

“I know you love the cocky me, babe.” He retorted with a saucy grin. "Not many can handle it, consider yourself special." Hoseok leaned closer but stopped just when his lips were centimeters from hers. Her breath hitched and she gulped as his minty breath brushed against her lips tantalizingly. She looked into his dark eyes, blinking away happy tears and put her arms around his neck. Her fingers playing with the hairs in his nape, smiling lightly when she felt him shudder from her touch. "So, does this mean we will get matching hoodies?" She asked teasingly, giggling when rolled his eyes at her.

“Just shut up and kiss me, you idiot.” He snorted and started to close the distance between them.

"But at least I’m you're idiot, J-hoe." She whispered against his lips as they met before losing herself in the earth-shattering kiss. Forgetting about everything around them, only being aware of how their lips moved in perfect sync and how he held her to him like she were the most precious thing to him in the world. It had been a long run for them but at least it ended happily. A happy run.

 

 

Happy Birthday Unnie!!! Hope you liked the little present we made for you. SARANGHAE!!!!!