Summer

Our Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Looking around, Mark couldn’t believe that he is finally here. All his life wanted to visit his grandparents village. His grandparents had moved to Europe a long time ago, in a little village. They said that life here is peaceful and quite, just what they need.

He never had the chance to visit them before, but this summer he convinced his parents to let him come.

The village isn’t big, but his grandparents told him that here you can find everything you need.

His grandpa waited for him at the airport on the city, from there they took his grandparents car. He had watched how the city ended with a lovely forest and in thirty minutes they arrived in the village. He had seen a sign with ‘Welcome to Watercastle’, and as they went into the village he had seen people walking around, a group of kids playing a game and laughing and some shops.

He had took with him books, his laptop, some video games, he even downloaded some Korean dramas, that his sister likes to watch.

“I like the air.” He says stepping out of the car.

“That’s why we moved here in the first place.” His grandpa says taking Mark’s suitcase. Mark just looks around, his grandma has flowers, every color possible and a hanging vineyard that makes shading.

He can see his grandma making her way toward them, she haven’t changed since last year when his grandparents visited his family.

“Mark, look at you. You have grown so well.” She says taking him in a hug and after placing a kiss on his forehead. “Welcome.”

“Thank you grandma.” He says following her in the house.

“I made you something special to eat.” He could say so because the house has an amazing smell.

After a long time with his grandparents Mark is in his room, the room that he received. It isn’t very big but he likes it a lot.

He wanders what he will do tomorrow, usually he spends his summer going out with his friends, practicing sports or trying to get girls or boys attention.

Anyway, first of all, he wants to wake up late.

So, he does.

Ten and thirty his phones shows when he woke up.

“Good morning.” He says walking in the yard. His grandma is walking around putting something in a bag and so on.

“Good morning Mark, how have you slept?” she asks smiling at him. He missed his grandma, she always takes his part even when he isn’t right.

“Very good.”

“I left you breakfast in the kitchen table. Your grandpa went in the city to buy something and I have to go to resolve something in village.” She says taking the bag she was preparing. ”If you get to bored, the neighbors grandson is visiting too, you can spend time with him. Bye Mark, I’ll be back in three hours.” She says leaving Mark behind.

He knew that he will get bored eventually but he never thought that he will get bored in the first ten minutes.

Making his way to the bathroom he wanders how this summer will turn out.

The breakfast was wonderful, like Mark remembers.

Not knowing what to do, Mark takes his laptop and goes out. It’s perfect to watch a movie under the sky.

Sitting on a blanket on the grass, that his grandparents has on the yard he plays Spiderman. He have seen this movie countless times but it never gets old.

At the half of the movie Mark can hear someone bagging on the yard gate. Not knowing who this may be, Mark goes to check out.

On the other side Mark can see a boy wearing a cap.

“What can I do for you?” Mark asks opening the gate. The boy looks at Mark with a big smile on his face. Mark thinks he is kind of cute.

“Thank God that you speak English, around here no one my age that I know  speaks English.” The boy says making Mark look at him like he boy had grown two heads.

Not knowing what to say, all Mark says is “Ok.” Now seriously, what is there to say?

“I’m Jackson.” The boy says holding his hand for Mark to shake it. Carefully Mark takes his hand “Mark.”

“Nice to meet you Mark. Your grandma said that you have a laptop, can I borrow your changer?” It seems like Jackson’s hobby is to smile, not that Mark doesn’t like it, he finds his smile attractive.

“You talked to my grandma? Where? When?”

“Wow, you sure make a lot of questions. To answer. Yes, my home and this morning.”

“What?”

“Yes, I did talked to your grandma, she visited my grandma this morning and she told me about you. She said that we will do great friends.” Jackson says looking around. “Can I come in? I hate standing here.”

“Yah, sure.” Mark says making space for Jackson to enter.

“I was sitting on the grass but if you want a ch-?” Mark starts to ask when he sees Jackson throwing himself on the blanket.

“Wow, you like Spiderman? I do too. Saw all the movies.” Jackson says proudly.

From where did this kid come from? Mark thinks.

Jackson is strange but Mark doesn’t mind, at least here is someone to spend his summer when he isn’t with his grandparents.

“So, will you borrow me your changer? I forgot mine home and I can’t just go back to China to take it.” Jackson says laughing. Mark doesn’t find it funny but Jackson’s laugh makes him smile.

“Yes, sure but i don’t know if will fit with your laptop.” Mark says taking a sit next to Jackson.

“If it doesn’t fit. Can I use yours?”

“Yes?” Mark replays, more like a question. He doesn’t have Internet, hoe does Jackson plan to use it?

“So, what movies do you have, that we can watch? By the way, can I have a glass of water?”

“You can check out the movies, are in a folder on desktop.” Mark says getting up.

When he returns with the glass he can hear music coming from his laptop.

“Here is the water.” He says giving Jackson the glass.

The whole situation seems strange to Mark. Like a movie. Here is this kid who popped out of nowhere and is talking with Mark like they are BFF.

“Thank you. I like the music, you have good taste.” Jackson says taking a sip of water and then drinking the whole glass.

“Thank you.” Mark says taking the empty glass from Jackson and putting it on a nearby table.

“I like your grandma’s yard. It’s very lovely.”

“Thank you?”

“You don’t seem to talk too much.” Jackson says. “We have to change it.”

“I guess.” Mark says. It’s not like he doesn’t talk too much, he just doesn’t know what to say to this stranger. Actually his name is Jackson and he is from China and likes hip hop music.

“The guys on the desktop are your friends?” Jackson asks taking again a look at the desktop. “The one with white shirt is kind of hot.”

“Yes, they are my friends and the one with white shirt is me.” Mark says blushing.

“Really? Then I guess you are kind of hot.” Jackson says blushing as well. Mark never thought that Jackson could blush after making a compliment, not at the rate he is talking.

They just stare at each other until Jackson broke the silence. “I see that you watch K-dramas.”

“Actually I don’t. I downloaded it because my sister told me that is good. I thought that I have to do something here.” Mark says trying to hid his embarrasm.

“Cool, can I watch it too?”

“What?”

“I ask-“

“I heard you. You want to watch it?”

“Yes. I love K-dramas.” Jackson says with a big smile.

“So, you want to watch it now?”

“Sure.”

“You want to come in or we –“

“Let’s stay out here, I like it.” Jackson says.

“Ok then, let me bring some fruits.”

After the first episode the boys are lying on the blanket looking up at the sky. They wanted to watch the next episode as well but Mark’s laptop run out of battery.

“That was a big coincidence.” Jackson says. “I mean, really? They met in America? I bet he wil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter