Final.

Just You

The bell rang just right after Mr. Kim closed his book, he stood up and smiled with his signature grin. She was trying to fathom the nucleophilic reaction in his note and adding few things so that she won’t be forgetting some important key points. Slowly, her classmates left the class to go home as Mr Kim’s class was the last period of the day.

Baekhyun slumped herself on the seat in front of Luhan’s table and let out a heavy sigh. The thick books and also her art equipments were put on the table of Luhan before she crossed her arms – she started to cry.

 

“Now what, Baekhyun?”

“It hurts so much.”

“What hurts?”

“I GOT REJECTED BY THAT LANKY WEIRDO!”

“Ohh.”

“Just an ‘oh’, Luhan ? I was expecting a better reaction from you…!” Baekhyun cried even harder.

“Oi, stop crying. You ruined your eyeliner !!”

“Too late, Luhan.” Baekhyun snatched Luhan’s compact powder and checked on her eyes – too bad that she wouldn’t see the boy who rejected her was spying behind the classroom door. When Luhan’s eyes met his eyes, he ran away with his full might.

‘Seriously, Park Chanyeol ?’

*

“Hi there. How can I help you ?”

“Can we have this choc mint and strawberry vanilla ?”

 

Sehun – it was the name written on the gold plank at his uniform. The eyes and hair of his was dangerously black, something that was near the dark or even the dark itself. Baekhyun had to nudge Luhan to pay for the ice-creams because Luhan was too deep in her observation. The guy smiled and brushed his fingers on her hands when he gave the receipt – they were cold as ice lemon tea drink.

Baekhyun scooped her ice-cream slowly while her eyes gazing to the outside of glass panel – they were in complete silence because both of them were busy stuffing ourselves with ice-cream. Luhan struggled to eat her ice-cream, she felt cold when she tried to eat it. She looked at the ceiling and found there was no any AC on the top of their seats, yet she felt the cold breeze was blowing themselves on her face and Luhan had to adjust her sitting because her skirt was blown too.

“Luhan, are you okay ?”

“I’m okay. Just have lots of things to think.” Baekhyun pushed her hair backwards just to reveal her long, slender neck. Luhan was curious where does she got a tattoo of an eye because Luhan was positive that she was not that brave to get her neck tattooed. Or maybe Luhan had underestimated her. Their ice-cream date ended smoothly after Baekhyun’s brother showed up into the shop with his kindergarten uniform and they walked home until the T-junction in front of a church.

Luhan walked to the left side, her eyes were fixed to her phone. She checked her gadgets for messages or email – God knows how annoying the teachers would be when the weekends arrived, they would put anything to get you study in your holiday.

The post lamps were flickering when Luhan walked past them, at first she thought it was because of the lack of electric supply but then the whole light in the alley was switched off, one by one.  Luhan sped up with all might following the light - her adrenaline was flowing heavily and her heartbeat increased rapidly.

In her whole life, Luhan never felt afraid just like this.

*

 

Luhan woke up when she felt the heat from the sun was burning her arms – ‘who the heck pulled up the curtains…’

 

“Omma? Why did you pull the curtains?”

‘Wait, mum is not home at Saturdays..’

 

She opened up my eyes and saw a guy was shading her sight, his musk was greeting her faintly before she realized that the guy was someone she had seen before. What on earth…?

‘Sehun?’

“Good morning, princess.”

 

*

‘You have been a good daughter to me, now it’s time for you to choose your own husband.’ Luhan stared at her father in a shy manner but deep in her heart, she felt the warmness when her father mentioned the word marriage. Luhan had been watching her elder sisters get married to the person they loved and lived happily ever after – she dreamt to have her happy ending just like them.

Just before she had courage to say she will choose her own husband, there was a group of people came to her house with dowry and everything that she could register as the preparation to get married. Luhan glanced from her bedroom windows , watching a pair of couple begging at her father, saying that they want to get his help this time.

Luhan knew that particular couple – she knew them very well.

They were the Oh, they were the most richest among royal family that ever exist in the nation. Crown Prince Oh and his Crown Princess were begging in front of her father  - over a thing that Luhan thinks she would sacrifice for her father. A no would make her father executed but a yes would be the last resolution.

Luhan walked downstairs slowly when one of the maids noticed her – the eyes, her worried eyes told her to run away from the house. But Luhan mustered up her courage and kneeled in front of the emperor, saying that she would receive their honour.

“I will be Oh Sehun’s bride.”

Sehun died before he get to see his parents was honoured as the Crown Prince and Princess, he was fifteen that time. In a young age, usually the palace would assign a specific test across the country to choose the suitable girl for the family. Luhan didn’t  register for the test and she hid herself in the chicken coop when the officers were recruiting the girls in her neighbourhood. Years - she had been hiding in the chicken coop and also she was saving her nineteen-self during Sehun’s turn.

“This is the irony.” Luhan laughed to herself while looking at the mirror. She was wearing the red wedding dress while she was alone in the room with Oh Sehun, the dead. She held her tears and sat beside the lying body, her fingers slowly touched Sehun’s features – nose, lips and his cheeks where Sehun looked like he was sleeping in a deep slumber. Her fingers slowly caressed the cheeks before she planted her kiss on his forehead.

What a luck – Luhan fell in love with a corpse.

*

Luhan blinked several times when the guy from the ice-cream store was sitting beside her on the bed. She felt like it was dejavu, when she saw Oh Sehun – her heart would beat like it will push off the ribcages and bounce from it. Just like a feeling near to excitement, near to happiness when you met somebody that you were longing for.

She swears to God that she wouldn’t fall in love with strangers.

“I’m not any stranger in your past.” The smile was so blinding and Luhan thinks she should get her sunglasses to look at him.

“Seriously, Luhan ? Sunglasses ? Am I that blinding?” Sehun let out a hearty laugh before his face returned to his stoic expression  - the sight made Luhan pulled her comforter near to her chest. Cold Sehun was not something that she wanted in the first moment she woke up.

From her instinct, Sehun was not normal. His eyes would turn darker than his eyes when he was angry, his eyes would glow in blue when he was focusing his power. Luhan wondered how did she have so much information on Sehun ? She wouldn’t understand Baekhyun who was her bestfriend but she instantly knew Sehun.

“What do you want ?”Sehun pointed his index finger towards Luhan, grinning beautifully. If others, they would say that Sehun was charming. For Luhan herself, it was creepy. Sehun was not really human. Luhan looked at top of her head and pointed, “You want my great grandma’s painting of peony flower ?”

“No, silly..! You..! I meant, you .” ‘Why so bossy?’

“Hey, have some respect..! I’m Sehun, the prince of Joseon !”

“The hell..?”

Luhan laughed with her all breath – who on earth would say they are Joseon’s princes these times..? Joseon doesn’t exist nowadays. Seeing Sehun’s stoic expression, Luhan stopped laughing and she curled herself more because the sudden change of temperature in her room. It became colder – Luhan saw the gaze of Sehun on her head became softer.

Did he see something weird..?

“How did you get this painting…”

“It was our heirloom from our great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandmother. Gosh who knows how old was that art…?”

“It was made by the famous painter of that time.” Sehun’s and Luhan’s voice reunited in the words of they were excited to say. How did she know about the facts…? Luhan gulped her saliva and coughed awkwardly before she rolled herself off the bed. Sehun did not know where to look because Luhan was wearing her sports bra and some short pants that Sehun might thought it was undergarment from his time.

But damn, Luhan looked so beautiful.

*

“Hyung, what are we doing behind this farm?”

“Shhh…shut up, Chanyeol ! We might get spanked from the owner if we get caught..!”

“Ohhh..” Chanyeol rolled his eyes when he saw there was a lady holding a broom, sweeping the leaves on the ground. Her chickens were running around with the chicks but then they gathered when she threw them corns. Sehun peeked over the fence and grinned childishly when the girl petted one of the chickens, which she called Bee.

“Luhan…!”

“Yes, eonni!”

Luhan.

Sehun carved her name in his heart, grinning happily when he was running back to the palace with his little brother, Chanyeol. Even when he was eating, Sehun smiled when he saw the dish was the chicken because it reminded him to Luhan. The long lashes of her, the round eyes and the depth of her dimples made him squirm in his sleep.

But Fate was cruel – Sehun fell sick because of fever. He felt himself burning endlessly and he didn’t have time to say he liked Luhan or say goodbye at her. His body was not able to conceal all of his power that he received from his ancestor.

The Prince of Wind – Sehun died with the honour of his name.

*

 

“I want to have a walk with you.” Sehun said it bluntly – his eyes were sharp and Luhan felt the situation was awkward. Well, no one ever had asked her for a date but having a partial ghost to ask her for a date is something that was out of her sanity.

“You meant, you want to have a date with me?” Sehun nodded and folded his arms. The flex of his arms made Luhan looked away and grabbed her towel. She ran away to the bathroom and only had Sehun stood up in front of her nose, hugging her body while their eyes met.

“Yes or no..?”

“C-can I take a bath first?”

 

Luhan turned the faucet on while she was holding on the phone tightly in her bathroom. She was trying to call someone but she failed to think fast. In the end, she called Baekhyun and she had a scream at the end of the line.

“Seriously, Lu..!! It’s goddamn Saturday ! What do you want..?”

“Can you help me..? Do you have the internet with you or any historical books or anything th-“

“Calm down, Luhan. Are you in the shower? What that’s about?”

“Prince Sehun of Joseon.”

“Seriously…”

“Just do me a favour if you don’t want me to die as a ..!!!”

“Okay. Prince Sehun was the eldest child of Prince Yangmyung and Princess Saera. He had a younger brother of 2 years apart who went with his name, Chanyeol. What the heck, Chanyeol was here hahaha. THAT CHAEBOL.”

“That’s it?”

“Ohh…ohh! There’s a ceremony where the palace arranged a ghost marriage to ease his spirit. And…”

“And…? Why, Baek?” Luhan’s hands were busy brushing her teeth.

“Why on earth your name was here as his bride…?”

Luhan’s breath became short and she left Baekhyun hanging on the phone – ‘so he was not lying..’ She crouched on the floor and hoping that she was in her dreams, before she jumped into the shower without taking off her outfits. She filled the tub with water and when the water was full, she immersed herself into the water and tried to sleep in the water.

Luhan had this weird habit when she had any problems in her life, where she could feel the water was talking to her, ease her in the moment she felt she would break. Her nap in water was interrupted where she felt her body was pulled out of water and she saw Sehun was looking at her. His iris was glowing in blue where his breath was ragged.

“What are you doing…?!!!”

“Wh-wha..”

“Get out now.”

“Excuse me, big guy.” Luhan stood up from the tub with her rolled eyes, releasing herself from Sehun’s embrace before she wrapped herself in her bathrobe. She remembered having an amulet somewhere inside her drawer that she thinks she would  use it against Sehun – she ran towards her cupboard and only had her drawer blown up. Of course the amulet was fully burnt but unfortunately her whole part of drawer was on fire too.

“YAHHHHH!”

Luhan ended carrying pails of water to kill the fire in her room.

*

Luhan gave herself a big scoop of bibimbap while her eyes fixed at Sehun who was sitting opposite of her on the dining table. Sehun watched Luhan with amused feelings but he masked them with his cold expression.

“What excuses should I give my mother to answer her questions?”

“I don’t know. You’re smart, aren’t you..?”

“Yeah, if you’re saying failing Chemistry is smart.”

“But you aced in History.”

“Okay, this is creepy. Did you stalk on me or what?” Sehun smiled and Luhan swore there are the Sun in her house because suddenly the room became lit by Sehun’s smile. ‘So maybe this is why they said the King is the Sun…? But he didn’t survived to become a King himself…’

“Oi.”

“What…?”

“Can we go to Gyeongbukgong today..?”

‘Just go. Who cares..’

Sehun gave Luhan a mischievous smile before he grabbed Luhan’s arms and embraced her. In a blink, Sehun had brought Luhan in front of Donggung. Luhan stood up awkwardly and the most embarrassing thing was the fact that she wasn’t wearing any shoes there. Luhan looked at Sehun with hatred feelings because Sehun walked forward to the building with her shoes in his hands.

Luhan followed him and only to had Sehun put her shoes on in front of every visitors of the Donggung. Whispers and hushes were heard  - Sehun put them into cheers when he silently pecked Luhan on her cheeks and held her cold hands.

For a while, Luhan was starstrucked by the charming Prince Oh Sehun.

Sehun’s warmth made Luhan wondered, who is Sehun ? Was he a ghost or a human ? He had those supernatural powers yet he was giving her, his warmth. Luhan shuddered her body when the cold breeze was blown towards her and she felt Sehun’s hand was warmer in a blink. He put his coat on her shoulder and smiled.

“I wish to get a kiss on my lips from her, where she looked at me with love before I die.”

Suddenly Sehun spoke when they walked past the Hyangwonjeong, faintly his voice was heard by Luhan. Luhan knew Sehun would leave when he gets his wish fulfilled, and Sehun knew someday, Luhan would fulfill his request.

*

Since their said “date”, Sehun had been following Luhan to everywhere she went – either in the school compound and also outside school. It turned out to be that Sehun was a year younger than her and he was in the same class of Kyungsoo, the librarian and also Chanyeol. Well, being in the same ground, the same school and also in the same corridors – it did scare Luhan a bit. But thank God, seniors didn’t have to share their school canteen with the juniors.

But Sehun was always there whenever Luhan went to the canteen with Baekhyun. Baekhyun noticed the presence of the pale boy, but she didn’t really care. Until, Luhan was gritting her nails when the bell rang for the recess - Luhan snapped her fingers and suddenly she rounded her eyes at Baekhyun.

“What the hell are you doing, Luhan?”

“Can you help me, Baek? Please, please, please !!”

“O-okay. What ?”

“Can you buy me sandwich for me later on ? Cause I’m not feeling good to go to the canteen right now.” Baekhyun nodded and she went to the canteen with one of Luhan’s classmate, Kyungri.

Luhan put her head on the desk, while she put her earphones to listen to the songs – as she put the volume to the minimum of what she always hear, Luhan knew the chair in front of her was being pulled. Slowly she lifted her head and she saw Sehun was sitting in front of her. Luhan rolled her eyes before she put her head at rest, but Sehun held her head and made Luhan looked at him.

“I miss you.” So what, if you miss me…

“Seriously, Luhan. I would blow up your iPod right now.” Luhan leaned on her chair with her arms crossed, her eyes were shot straight at the smiling Sehun. Why on earth, you’re here, Sehun ? Don’t you have classes right now ?

“I always have free period in this time.”

“Why ? Do you make something to free the period ?”

“I’m not that filthy, my wife.” Sehun’s grin gave another meaning to Luhan – where Luhan knew the hidden power of Sehun, he might do anything to please himself, to get anything that he wanted to do.

“why on earth he called her, his wife though…?” Baekhyun rushed to the classroom when she saw Sehun was trying to flirt with her best friend, Luhan. Luhan’s face was not happy at all, Baekhyun could see that.

“Leave me alone, Sehun!” Sehun’s devilish grin made Baekhyun shivers before he stood up and kissed Luhan’s cheeks. He left the class after he waved his hands at Baekhyun. Luhan was still stoned and holding her faint blushing cheeks.

“Wow, Luhan. You’ve got yourself a creepy stalker..hahaha!”

“Shut up, Baek !”

*

“THIS IS BULL!”

“SHHH, WE’RE IN THE LIBRARY !”

Sehun was standing outside the school library – he wouldn’t walk inside it because there was an amulet on the top of the library’s door (it was Luhan’s request to Kyungsoo the librarian) which made him deaf of what Luhan was saying,thinking and also he failed to see what Luhan’s doing inside the library. Luhan peeked through the glass panel before she received a smack from Baekhyun.

“You’re saying he was a ghost from Joseon era ? Prince Sehun’s ghost?” Luhan nodded.

“And he would vanish like the wind when you kiss him..?” Luhan nodded again.

“Then..”

“Then just go and KISS HIM !” The librarian peeked out from her tall books and pointed her finger at them.

“BOTH OF YOU ! GET OUT FROM HERE !”

Baekhyun walked out after Luhan and she stole the bookmark from the librarian before speeding out to the door. Luhan was already out from the building and only to find Sehun was walking towards her in a cool way but then his iris was glowing in blue. Sehun grabbed Luhan’s wrist before pulling her towards his car.

“Hey, hey ! Leave her alone !” Baekhyun followed them with her full speed but only to be stopped by a biker who pulled his bike just in front of her. With a full leather jacket and also the white bike, the owner pushed up his visor and Baekhyun saw who was the rider. Baekhyun backed off a bit before she ran away from the guy.

A guy with glowing blue iris wouldn’t scare her in the middle of afternoon.

He wouldn’t be Sehun’s friend, right?

“What are you, Park Chanyeol..?”

*

Sehun pulled his car somewhere nearby the Han river before Luhan ever took her breath. Sehun’s driving was hot but then Luhan still had faith that she will survive the ride.

“Okay….why we’re here?”

“I don’t like the library, don’t go there.”

“Well, excuse me. I’m not g-“

“I can’t hear you, it’s scary !” Sehun’s voice was little higher at the end of his sentences but that’s not the thing that Luhan was focusing. The sight of broken Sehun made her feel sorry for making him worried. Luhan knew the feeling of being afraid and being scared of something was not a pleasant feeling. Luhan cleared before she pushed herself into Sehun’s embrace, petting Sehun with care.

“I’m sorry.”

Sehun felt his heart was beating faster – Luhan was slowly making him became humanized.

*

Baekhyun noticed Luhan had became thinner since she had come into contact with Sehun, she was afraid of something bad would happen in the future. So she dragged Luhan to her house to meet her psychic grandma. Maybe people would say her grandma was senile but she believed her grandma would have the answer of the situation.

Luhan was not pleased when Baekhyun pulled her towards her grandma’s room, she was not pleased at all to see such abundant of amulets in the room. Baekhyun locked three of them inside the room and both of Luhan and Baekhyun sat in front of Baekhyun’s grandma. Her grandma gave off weird vibes, Luhan thought.

“Leave him.” Luhan looked straight at the grandma’s soft gaze. “Our nature clashed with him. You’re getting hurt in the end, my darling. If you fail to separate, I’m afraid we would do it for your own sake.”

“I’m sorry, I need to go.”

“Lu-“

“I’m sorry, Baek..”

Luhan ran away from Baekhyun’s house and she ran straight to the store where Sehun and Chanyeol worked. She sat in the corner of the shop and cried slowly. Sehun walked slowly towards her after he noticed Luhan, sitting at the table where she would do her homework in the shop - she would changing glances with him while he was serving the customers.

But seeing Luhan crying was such an unpleasant thing to endure.

“Lu-“ Luhan pushed herself into Sehun’s embrace after she wiped her tears.

“You’re here.” Luhan swallowed anything bitter in before throwing Sehun a smile.

“Can I get a free ice-cream?”

“Fool..”

*

Baekhyun had come into contact with Sehun when Luhan was away for her class trip to Namsan Park. Sehun was amused to see Chanyeol and Baekhyun was avoiding each other when Baekhyun hopped into the shop with her little brother. Sehun knew Baekhyun’s little brother was something special where he could see the true form of him.

Her little brother were hiding behind her while Baekhyun was throwing an awkward smile.

“Can I talk with you…?”

*

Luhan was so happy during the trip and she was happy that the fact she bought the couple bracelets for her and Sehun. The next morning, she jogged happily before she stopped at Sehun’s workplace, the sight of Sehun was nowhere when she was there. Luhan walked to the counter and asked Chanyeol about Sehun’s nowhere.

“Sehun quit his job and I don’t know where is he now.”

Luhan tried to call Sehun using normal way – well, she called him with her phone but only to be greeted by the operator of saying the number is not in the service anymore. Luhan walked back home slowly with choked tears. She tried to fathom of the things happened suddenly. She remembered Sehun would always visit the historical places to make him remembers his old days.

Luhan’s guts was right – Sehun was sitting at bench outside the Donggung with crossed thighs and sunglasses. Sehun looked dangerously hot – Luhan thought. Luhan plopped herself to Sehun’s side before greeting him a cute “hello…!”.

Sehun didn’t move or showed any reaction – Luhan wondered, did Sehun fall asleep ?

“Sehun..?”

“I’m sorry.”

“But why..?”

“I was selfish, I didn’t meant to make you suffer. Your health, you-“

“Baekhyun told you, didn’t she?”

“Luhan.”

“That’s okay. I can endure this, we can li-“

“Let me go, Luhan.”

“I’m not.”

“Luhan , stop being dumb ! Both of us know this wouldn’t work ! Our relationship wouldn’t work!”

“I’m not dumb ! I know what my heart wants ! IT WANTS YOU !”

“Luhan, stop !”

“I loved you, no – I love you from the core of my soul, Oh Sehun ! Why..why you want to push me away..? I-I want to grow old with you, I want to have you as the father of my children !” Luhan wailed in her kneels, she was hugging Sehun’s legs – how it was heartbreaking for her to digest the moment and the knowledge that Sehun wanted to get free.

“Let me go.” The stern voice of Sehun made Luhan shivered. She stood up and wiped her tears. She pulled Sehun into her embrace and put her face on Sehun’s chest.

 “I hate you, Luhan. I hate your smiles, I hate your laughs, I hate everything of yours.” You liked it, Sehun.

“I’m tired of this. I want to get free, I don’t want any attachments of this mortal world.” You’re lying, Sehun.

“So, please, Luhan. Let me go.” Fine, I liked the way you lied to me, Sehun

Luhan wiped her tears and pulled a straight face. She gazed at Sehun before closing their distance. Luhan placed her lips on Sehun’s pink lips – the world was spinning with full speed, where Sehun and Luhan felt dizzy at once. She watched Sehun disappeared just like the wind, slowly and without a trace before the world was all dark. Sehun only left her – his smiles and his whispers.

Goodbye, my love. Have a nice sleep.

*

Luhan woke up from the bench and she felt dizzy a bit – she wondered why on earth she was sleeping in the yard of the Donggung. She walked out from the building quickly, Luhan felt there was something off but she couldn’t fathom why and how. She didn’t remember anything that happened, each and every single memory she tried to recall only had brought a dead end.

Luhan didn’t know why but she cried, her whole heart cried for something that she didn’t know, things that she didn’t recognized. The walk that she took wasn’t meaningful to her, she thought but she felt lonely and empty. Still Luhan didn’t know why.

Luhan gritted her teeth due to the sudden cold breeze of Autumn, she ran faster towards the hills and she screamed to the top of her lungs – crying out loud. Why she can’t remember ? Who she has to remember ? What she has to remember ?

 

‘My name is Oh Sehun, please remember..’

 

“WHO THE HECK ARE YOU, OH SEHUN ?!!!!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Three months later…

 

 

 

 

A boy walked past Luhan when she was out from the library and they brushed their shoulder before the boy’s books were scattered on the streets. Luhan was busy apologizing and helped the boy to collect his things, where she could read the name written on the books.

 

Park Sehun

Sehun

Sehun

Sehun

 

“Can I get your number ?” Luhan blurted before she clasped . The said boy smiled before giving her a piece of tissue and he walked away from her.

 

Luhan frowned before she opened the neatly folded tissue, slowly the ink appeared.

 

 

“Already in your phone, I think?”

 

THE END

 

 

a/n : thank you for reading this super short one-shot hehehe don't forget to comment okay :)

i love you, annyeong - eldoradoe