Pinky Promise

Once Upon A Dream

 

chapter seven;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   CANNOT BE BROKEN; A PINKY PROMISE

 

 

Her parents arrived at the hospital even though her wounds were not serious, just some light scraping of her skin. She knew that Taehyung’s parents came too, but not without a bunch of other men in smart attire. Some with shades and body size of a pro-wrestler, some with files in their arm and constantly on their phone. When she had wanted to check on Taehyung on his injury, her parents told her that he’s resting and that she will get to see him on the following Monday in school instead. The big sized man were blocking the door to his private ward anyway, Jiyeon had no choice but to obliged and return home with her parents.

 

That night she was back in the Wonderland dream again, but this time, other than the familiar bunny boy, the rest of the characters are blurred.



 

Chasing the bunny boy down towards the huge willow tree, she spotted a hole in the ground- the rabbit hole. Without a moment of hesitation, the boy jumped into it with a “whoosh”. The girl, on the other hand stopped, wondering if it was a right decision to follow him.

 

Zzzz… on the table, the plate of biscuits, with a tag that says:

 

“Eat me.. hmm?”

 

zZzzz- there stood a blurry image of a woman.. and a man..

 

“I’m Tweedle Dee.. this is Tweedle-”

 

zzzZzz-

 

“You’re late! Off with your head!”

 

4bQ-v9sNE6PwWkQgVIYyv7X7m7yTtJsCR4RrmRcW


 

Things took an abrupt turn after that incident..

Joohyun and her friends stopped bothering them and had laid low ever since their parents were called to school to address the whole situation. They were seen with puffy eyes when their parents came and never made eye contact with Jiyeon ever since. Hyori and Woobin had to go too, and that day was exceptionally happy for Jiyeon because they brought her out for Happy Meal after their meeting with the teachers and the other parents. And guess what! It was the Hello Kitty series of toys, much to the girl’s glee.

 

The dynamics between her classmates had changed too, most of them started being friendlier and one, called Jung Daehyun even offered to help Taehyung to write his homework when he thought that the arm he hurt was his master hand. If Jiyeon had not blurted out that he was actually left-handed Taehyung would have just let Daehyun do his homework for him.

 

When she was one, she was invisible. When they were two, they were self-sustainable. When they were three, they were invincible.
 

Jimin and Taehyung narrowed their eyes at each other from across the cafeteria’s table with serious expressions. Taehyung reaches over for his chocolate milk carton as Jimin reaches for his banana milk, mimicking his actions. Their line of sight never once left each other’s as they open up their milk, gulping them down in a one shot. Jiyeon stared wide eyed at the both of them, sipping onto her strawberry milk intensely.

 

With a manly sigh after they had finished their milk, both wiped their lips with the back of their palm, eyes still fixated on each other.

 

“Now..” Taehyung started as he slowly pushes a hello kitty black marker towards him, which rightfully belongs to Jiyeon. Slowly, he raised his casted left arm and leaned it forward towards Jimin.

 

Jimin picked it up, biting onto the cap to pop the marker open like a man, leaving the cap between his teeth as he leaned forward to draw on his cast. Jiyeon had wanted to remove the cap from his mouth but she couldn’t bring herself to break the tense atmosphere between them.

 

Once he was done, he capped the marker back with what seemed like a smirk but looked more like a twisted pout, and said, “there..”

Jiyeon couldn’t take the intensity anymore and slided towards Taehyung on the bench, bending his arm in an awkward manner to see what Jimin had drawn.

 

“Ow ow ow.. Jiyeonie!” Taehyung broke his tough exterior and started whining when the girl ignored his cries.

“Stop moving, I cannot see..”

 

Beside the scribbled elephant was a small disfigured puppy, and beside it was what looks like a very ugly cat.

 

“It’s a panther, now we are friends, right?” Jimin’s voice was hesitant even when he had wanted to sound tough.

Jiyeon bit her lips as she looked at Taehyung expectantly, trying to hide her happiness and excitement. Taehyung readjusted his arm and pushed up his brand new spectacles(which read “Kenzo” on the side of the frame), clearing his throat before extending his hand to him. Jimin took it as his lips twitched up to a wide, sheepish grin, and gave it a few shakes.

 

“Yes, now we are friends.”

 

Jiyeon burst into fits of giggles as she hugged Taehyung tightly, making the boy whine again when she made no attempt to be careful of his arm. Jimin started laughing as he watched the two, glad that he finally took the courage to step forward.
 

His gaze shifted from Taehyung to Jiyeon, and his smile became gentler. He had yet to apologised for what happened in the past, he didn’t know how to do it, but it seems like Jiyeon didn’t mind. The girl looked at him like how she did when they first became friends, it was as if nothing bad had ever came between them, and Jimin was thankful.

wCTUzuktu1uAPRNnHEYl_k0-a1_QSyRA5OX2t_GO


 

The loud, unceremonious yawn from the other side was halted abruptly and replaced with breathless coughing when the line was connected. Jiyeon’s lips twitched a little before she pointed to her room. Hyori gave her a small nod before the little girl jogged through her pink colored door and closes the it.

 

“H-happy birthday to you..” the sleepy voice sang, though it sounded more like a croak.

 

“Happy birthday to you.. Happy birthday dear Jiyeon.. Happy birthday to you!” The boy made the effort to add in extra joy to the last line, which earned a smile from the other line.

 

“It’s not my birthday.. Silly Jungkook..” the girl mumbled, albeit glad that he remembered.

 

“The moment you’re found, you’re born again, so today, you are one year old. Call me oppa!”

 

Laughing into the phone, the girl shook his head before biting onto her lips, falling back onto her barbie bedsheet. Tugging the phone against her ear along with her, Jiyeon crawled towards her bedpost and plopped herself comfortably on top of her pillow.

 

“Op….. Op-.....”

 

“Come on! Say it!”

 

“Op….”

 

“...”

 

“Open sesame!”

 

“WHAT!”

 

The girl tumbled around in fits of laughter at the sound of a sleepy and grumpy Jungkook grumbling over the phone. No matter how bad her day could get, just his smooth voice over the phone was able to dissolve them into bubbles and glitters, like as if nothing bad in school had ever happened.

 

“Anyway, Jimin became my friend again, now Taehyung, Jimin and I are like best friends in school,” the girl reported happily over the phone.

Jiyeon waited for a short while for Jungkook’s reply but all she got was silence instead. Confused, Jiyeon continued, “..hello? Jungkook? Are you asleep?”

 

A deep sigh was heard before the boy replied, “no.. I’m not asleep..”

 

Jiyeon slowly sat up from her lying down position, creasing her brows lightly at the tone of his voice.

“Kookie.. Why do you sound so sad suddenly?”

 

Silence, yet again. For some unknown reason, the girl’s heart started thumping a little faster.

 

“Kookie..” now the girl had both hand clutching onto her mother’s iphone, “Kookie.. What happened..?”

 

There was a small croak before the boy spoke, “..will you forget me..?”

 

The girl blinked in surprise before answering almost immediately, “No! Of course not! Why will I forget you? I will never forget you Kookie! Never ever ever ever ever! Why would you even say that! You silly boy! Silly boy!”

 

She heard heavy breathing from the other side, even a small sniffle which made her little heart break. She whispered his name softly, as if to comfort him after scolding him silly.

 

“You will forget me.. If I come back only after a long.. long time.. You will forget me.. And you won’t be my friend anymore..”

“Why would you even say that! You’re my favorite person in the world why would I forget you!”

“Really..? Even more favorite than Jimin..? Than Taehyung..?”

 

Jiyeon wanted to open to retaliate but hesitated, blinking as her heart picked up speed. She likes Jimin and Taehyung a lot, but, she still likes Jungkook the best.. right?

Hearing that there was no reply on the other line, Jungkook’s voice cracked once more. “See.. I’m not your favorite person anymore.. Even when you are still my favorite person.. I don’t have any other friends here.. The kids here are all taller and bigger than I am.. And wouldn’t play with me because I look different from them, and I run slower.. But it’s okay.. I don’t need other friends because I have you.. But now you have other friends.. One day you will forget me when you don’t need me anymore.. “

 

Tears started to brim around Jiyeon’s eyes as she sniffled, before whispering a soft, “no..” which coincided with a muffled “Jungkook, go to bed soon!” of uncle Soohyun’s voice.

 

“I need to g--”

“I said no!”

 

Jiyeon’s pitched went a little higher when she cut him off, tears escaping from her eyes.

 

“I will never forget you.. No matter how long you will take to come back.. I will remember you.. And I will wait for you.. Stop saying mean things.. Jungkook.. I said no.. so stop thinking like that.. I said no.. you asked me to say no when I don’t want things to happen to me.. So I said no, Kookie.. I said no..”

 

They don’t know how long it took but the two simply listened to each other’s breathing as they shared the same feeling of pain, and fear. Pain from the separation, and fear of the future.

 

Child of pure innocence, yet the innocence doesn’t last with time.

 

“I miss you, Jiyeon..”

 

“I miss you too.. Kookie..”

 

“Wait for me.. Okay?”

 

“Okay..”

 

“Pinky Promise?”

 

“Pinky Promise.”



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Pinky promises are not supposed to be broken.



 



 

 

 

 

 

 

Then, they grew up.

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 

_______________________________________________________________________________

(A/N).

31 | MAY | 2016 } WOW WOW WOW AN UPDATE WITHIN A MONTH ; u ; VACATION'S THE BEST! THIS HAS NOT BEEN BETA-READ YET SO IF THERE ARE ANY MISTAKES PLEASE DO POINT THEM OUT FOR ME o u o / UNTIL MY EDITOR COMES BACK FROM OVERSEAS~I DIDN'T EXPECT A CHILDHOOD FLUFF TO HAVE THIS MUCH OF SORROW AND ANGST IN IT BUT YET T^T I HOPE I HAVEN'T CHASE YOU AWAY YET, THE BEST HAS YET TO COME, PINKY PROMISE!

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE, UPVOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU'VE LIKE THE STORY! SOBS DON'T MAKE ME REFRESH ALL THE TIME AND BE SAD BECAUSE I SEE NOTHING ; n ; hahaha


+ preview for chapter 8 would be posted on the foreword ^^
 

( h a r l e q u i n. )