Rapunzel

Once Upon A Dream

 

chapter one;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   RAPUNZEL; THE TOOTHLESS GRIN

“Rapunzel! Rapunzel! Let down your hair!”

 

And that’s how I let him into my bulletproof walls.

 

 

HztzQaSD5Rk56yck6QVsDV-yYGiwX80sv87vMbNb

 

It started with an accident.

 

Or so I was told.


 

Woobin and Hyori found me by the sea in Jeju island, wounded and unconscious, in my tattered red dress. Rushing me to the hospital, they waited for me to wake up since nobody filed a report for a missing child, nor did anybody came looking for me. However, when I opened my eyes, the doctors said that I was in too much of a traumatic shock for an 8-year-old that I lost my memories, as well as my speech.

 

Worried and uncertain, Woobin and Hyori waited in the hospital with me for another week for someone to pick me up. They took care of me, fed me, tried to talk to me, and they were nice to me. So after a week when it was still a no-show, Woobin came to my bedside, caressed my head with a gentle smile.



 

“Hey..”

 

I smiled back at him, reaching out my little palm for the edge of his shirt, tugging for him to sit down beside me. Woobin chuckled softly while complying, humming softly when he saw me glancing around behind him, most probably searching for Hyori.

 

“Ah, Hyori went down to the convenience store to get some snacks..” he leaned forward and whispered into my ear, “..and ice cream, shhh, let’s not tell the doctors okay?”

 

A wide grin appeared on my face in sheer happiness as I nodded my head eagerly. The smile faltered only when I saw the slight worry in his eyes, as if he had something he was hesitating to speak of. Reaching out my hand again to hold onto his in order to catch his attention, Woobin shifted his gaze back on me, heaving out a heavy sigh but quickly replaced it with his comforting smile.

 

“You know.. it has been quite some time since you’ve been here.. so, Hyori and I was thinking that.. you know, if you want, do you want to come home with us?”

 

I stared back at him blankly, blinking, honestly wondering why would he asked something like that. Ruffling my hair gently upon seeing my confused look, he continued, “what I mean was that, because you cannot remember who your real parents are, do you.. do you perhaps, want Hyori as your mum, and me, as your dad? We would give you a new name, so we won’t have to call you ‘hey’ anymore.. We have a house in Busan, and our neighbour has a little boy your age as well.. you will have new friends.. b-but..” Woobin shifted his uncertain gaze back onto his lap, rubbing his chin with his slender fingers.

 

“If, you don’t want that, it’s fine as well alright? We won’t force you to come back with us.. It’s just that the both of us had came to like you alot, if there’s nobody here to take care of you, we would like to do that.. so.. what do you say, sweetie?”

 

I stayed silent, just like how I had beenl ever since I first woke up, staring at him with my big, round orbs, before a small smile appeared on my lips. A simple nod, and that’s how I went back to Busan with my dad Woobin, and my mum Hyori, as a new identity.

 

Kim Ji Yeon.

 

HztzQaSD5Rk56yck6QVsDV-yYGiwX80sv87vMbNb

 

“Rapunzel, Rapunzel! Let down your hair!”

 

Glancing down at her long pink dress, a soft gasp escaped her lips in surprise. Letting her big round eyes scan around at what seemed to be a vintage looking room, she came to realised that the only opening to this small area was.. a window. Is she in a tower?

 

“Rapunzel! Rapunzel? Yah! Stupid Rapunzel, how long must I call for you?!”

 

She narrowed her eyes slightly from the bright sun that was illuminating the whole room. Blinking softly, the girl snapped out of her daze and walked towards the window. There, at the bottom of this tall tower stood a fine young man with his horse- no, his pony beside him. Dressed in an extravagant suit, the young man- no, the boy who’s around her age grinned widely at her, and she noticed that even when he looked extremely charming, the front tooth of his was missing.

 

“There you are, Rapunzel! Let down your hair!”

 

A soft blush tinted her cheeks at the way he smiled his toothless grin at her, and she let her gaze trace her long, black hair. Wait, when did her hair got so long? Looking back at the boy at the bottom of the tower who was waving at her animatedly to drop her hair, she didn’t know what had gotten into her to be this obedient, and she lowered her long silky hair down for him.

 

In less than a minute, his face popped up in front of her window and his soft cheeky smile shone as brightly as the sun outside.

 

“I’ve finally got to see your face up close, Rapunzel, I have been wanting to meet you..”

 

Panting lightly as he climbed into the room through the window, the boy dusted his clothes before taking her hand to place a soft kiss on it.

 

“Nice to meet you, milady, my name is-”




 

“Darling, wake up, we’ve arrived at your house now~” Hyori cooed as she caressed the sleeping girl’s head softly, trying to wake me up when the car pulled in front of a humble looking bungalow. It sat nicely on a bed of well trimmed grass and decorated with flowers on its lawn. Left and right stood similar buildings, filling the whole stretch along the road uniformly.

 

Slowly, I fluttered my eyes open before squinting them again while trying to adjust to the sunlight, squirming around the backseat of the car. Chuckling softly, Hyori’s fingers caressed my cheeks while Woobin went to get their belongings out of the boot back into the house.

 

“We got this house just a month before we met you, after we got married, so it’s new to us like it’s new to you. We’ll get your room ready as soon as possible, for now you can sleep with us, hmm?”

 

My eyes crinkled into a sleepy smile, before slowly climbing my way out of the car and held onto Hyori’s hand. Making my way into the house, I was unaware of the pair of curious eyes that was staring at me from the next door window, hiding behind his curtains.

 

“I can’t wait to bring you out shopping, those clothes we bought in Jeju island was definitely not enough! And oh, we need to get your furnitures, cutleries as well..” Hyori continued on heartily as they led me through the white wooden door. A fresh and clean home with a nice smell of new furnitures mixed with rose and lavender welcomed me. Simple, neat and warm, just like my new mum and dad.

 

And so I guess, this was how my new life began.
















 

But.



 

Only minutes after we’ve stepped into our house, the doorbell rang. I pursed my lips into a pout before turning towards the door since I was not even able to go around the house to explore my new place to live in.

 

“Hold on, coming!” Hyori exclaimed before exiting the kitchen and headed towards the door, while Woobin came down from the stairs glancing in the same direction, a brow raised wondering who would it be. We exchanged a glance before shrugging at the same time.

 

“Oh hello! We were about to go greet you guys once we’ve settled down, thanks for dropping by Jihyunnie!” Hyori went forward to give the other lady a warm hug as they both burst into a round of delightful chuckles, and that’s when I saw someone hiding behind her with his small fist clenched tightly on Auntie Jihyun’s shirt, peeking every now and then. Woobin took my hand and we made our way towards the door as well to greet our neighbours, my dad shaking the hand of the other male which came by just a little later after the man tucked his keys into his jean’s back pocket.

 

“Sorry for disturbing you guys when you’ve just got back from your honeymoon. Somebody..” the man said with a small smirk, while nudging the little boy hiding behind the lady, who was shushing the man desperately, “was bugging us to come over as soon as he heard your car pulling over. This must be the pretty girl you’ve been talking about. Our boy had been asking about her non stop ever since you’ve first mentioned on the phone.”

 

Feeling shy, I leaned back onto Woobin while flushing a light shade of red, trying to hide away from the new comers by pulling his hands over me, while the adults just laughed at how the two kids are behaving.

 

“Ji Yeon, be polite and greet Auntie Jihyun and Uncle Soohyun~”

 

I slowly lifted my gaze up to the both of them, before bowing a proper 90 degrees. After I’ve lifted my head, I could see a slight struggle with hushed bickering behind Auntie Jihyun before the boy was shoved out of his ‘shield’ by Uncle Soohyun.

 

Once our gaze met, I widen my eyes as he widen his. I’ve seen him before, I’m sure, but.. where..?

 

“Rapunzel, Rapunzel! Let down your hair!”

 

I would have gasped but all I did was let my jaw hanged ajar as the boy quickly straighten himself to make himself look smart, extending his hand out at me.

 

“Hello there.. my mum told me to take care of you when you get here..” he said as I took his hand to shake it, and he gave me a grin.

 

A toothless grin.

 

“..my name is Jungkook, Jeon Jungkook.”

 
 

_______________________________________________________________________________

(A/N).

3 | JUNE | 2015 } FIRST UPDATE OF THE 1ST CHAPTER, I HAD WANTED TO ONLY START POSTING THIS STORY AFTER I'M DONE WITH 7 CHAPTERS, BUT HERE I AM WITH ONLY UP TO CHAPTER 2 BECAUSE I WOULD NEED SUGGESTION FOR CHAPTER 3. A VERY IMPORTANT DECISION WOULD BE MADE. 

SO, JUNGKOOK IS INTRODUCED AS FLYNN, AND IT IS TO REPRESENT THE VERY PERSON THAT BROUGHT JIYEON(RAPUNZEL) OUT OF THE TOWER SHE TRAPPED HERSELF IN. 

ALL BANGTAN MEMBERS WOULD BE INTRODUCED AS DIFFERENT SYMBOLIC FAIRYTALE CHARACTERS, PLEASE COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE AND UPVOTE FOR FASTER UPDATES!

+ preview for chapter 2 would be posted on the foreword ^^

 

( h a r l e q u i n. )