Final.

Photograph
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Vernon stared at the photopraph. This was taken just over a year ago, during their one year anniversary. The picture was of Vernon and Minah at the beach, sitting on sand, leaning in for a kiss under the night sky. In that moment, everything was perfect. He had her and she had him. But that tasteful memory didn't last too long after. Seventeen's debut was getting closer and they both knew it was best if they part and go their seperate ways. Vernon was devastated. Of course he anted to debut but he never understood why he had to let go Minah for it to happen.

Vernon kept the photograph in remembrance of their love. Minah was his first girlfriend, first kiss, and first love. He wasn't going to let go so easily. After the tragic break up, he carried the photo with him everywhere he went. Looking at the photo made him keep going, even when things got too hard for him to handle. Because he knew that's what Minah would have wanted. No matter what happens, Minah wanted Vernon to achieve his dream and see him on stage, performing their song.

As he stares at the photo a little longer, he feels tears about to burst out of his eyes. He didn't know why but looking at the photo made him second guess his decision. He loves Minah with all his heart and it shattered into pieces when he had to let her go. Was it all worth it? And for this? What's going to happen after today? Will the group become a big success? He wish he knew. Because if this all goes downhill, all that hardwork and sacrifices were only put to waste.

I wish time was like this photograph. Frozen. Still and in the moment. Smiling. Knowing our hearts will never be broken, Vernon thought. This photograph is the closest thing I have of Minah. When I have this photopgraph, it feels like I'm actually holding her in my arms. Vernon closes his eyes and kisses the photograph. Minah, I'm doing this for you. I wish you were here right now so I could kiss you before I go on stage. Well I guess this is the closest as I'll ever get. At least for now. I love you Minah. 

"Hey, Hansol! I mean, Vernon! What are you still doing here? You need to go on stage in five minutes! Go with the rest of the group," their manager had said to him.

Vernon sighed and looked at the photograph one last time. He handed the photograph to his manager. "You better not lose that. Or wrinkle it," Vernon said and gave the manager a glare.

"Wouldn't dream of it," the manager said back at him. 

Vernon and the other 12 members gathered in a circle with their thumbs inside of eath others' fists. In just a few minutes, they were going to be known as the new rookie group.

"1, 2, 3, HWAITING!"

"Minah, are you going to watch this or not?! If not, I'm changing the channel," Minah's older sister exclaimed. 

"Hold your horses! I'm getting something," Minah explained to her sister. Minah was in her room getting her necklace from her desk and wore it around her neck. Once she had the necklace secured around her neck, she walked over to the living room where the TV was to MBC.

"Where the hell were you?" Minah's sister looked at Minah with an annoyed face. She then saw the necklace around Minah's neck and her face softened. She gave her younger sister a small smile. "Nevermind, just come sit down. Seventeen is about to preform their first song."

This was big moment for Minah. She was about to watch the long-awaited group called Seventeen d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter